Karate Kid vs. Naruto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
DC comics KK vs. Naruto (Shippuden)

Both fighters at their best.

Fight in forest area.

Who wins?

Q99
Naruto, easily.

Karate Kid doesn't have an answer for his clones, or his big area attacks, and chakra cloak means Naruto can pretty much stop KK from touching him.

While Val can fight some very strong people, those ones tend to be 'strong, straightforward, can have their attacks redirected or dodged' types.

Not "can make a hundred superfast superstrong supersense martial artists that can do nuke level attacks if need be."

StealthRanger
Karate Kid who overpowered Kryponians or some shit like that

He solos the Nardoverse

Q99
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Karate Kid who overpowered Kryponians or some shit like that

Nope. He's judo-thrown some untrained kryptonians, which is rather different.

KK doesn't have a good defense against explosions, Naruto can definitely evade him and block him with a chakra cloak, overwhelm him with clones or simply growing too many hands to stop, etc. etc..

Really, the big question is how Naruto does it. Obviously, dropping a biju ball is way too easily.

Karate Kid has big feats but he is specialized, he is not the most powerful of the Legion and can and has been taken down.

Endless Mike
I'll go with the guy who's massively FTL and can dodge Flashes and throw around PC Kryptonians.

(Anyone arguing otherwise is a ****ing idiot BTW).

Q99
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I'll go with the guy who's massively FTL and can dodge Flashes and throw around PC Kryptonians.

Oh don't jump to that.

See, the thing is, Naruto doesn't have to engage him in HtH, and what HtH happens, can entirely be done by clones. And he has area effect attacks that KK, pretty much, can't dodge.

Plus, hitting back, Naruto may as well be protected by a force field.

Like I mentioned, Val can punch above his weightclass against 'strong, straightforward, can have their attacks redirected or dodged' types.

Come at him with a punch or something super fast? Sure, he'll dodge the heck out of it. Not a problem.

That's not Naruto, though.

Naruto is an incredibly versatile multi-powered character, and Karate Kid can't handle everything with martial arts, even though if something can be handled with martial arts them he can handle it.

Judo-throwing a charging PC kryptonian is something else entirely than some of the threats here. He can't out-punch a shockwave.

Or heck, Naruto can just throw clones at him til he's tired. Naruto doesn't exactly get tired later on, after all, and the clones are very very very tough and would take a lot of effort to handle each.

(Also... KK has been hit in HtH by other skilled HtH even if he hits them more, Naruto does have some combat precog and quite good HtH and the ability to grow chakra-limbs... even HtH isn't exactly easy here!)

Prof. T.C McAbe

thumb up

HulkIsHulk
I'm liking the opinions being thrown around
http://i.imgur.com/DKJhx9l.gif

byrdgang21
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I'm liking the opinions being thrown around
http://i.imgur.com/DKJhx9l.gif

Q99
Oh yea, and Karate Kid is definitely *not*, himself, FTL. He anticipates faster foes, a major difference.

And Batman's given him a fight...

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Q99
*snip*

Didn't read. You don't need to argue against me; I already explained that ****ing idiots are exempt from having to agree with me.

BeyonderGod
Endless Mike why are you being insulting?

Endless Mike
Because I have a very low tolerance for stupidity.

Q99
Except you're missing actual relevant arguments and just seem to be assuming KK is invincible because he's Karate Kid and any argument against it 'must be dumb'.

But his level of HtH skills doesn't make him immune to area effect attacks, blasts, or similar. He has been taken down in the comics by such things, he is not invincible on the whole simply due to his skill in one area. He will win in that area, but he is just one part of the legion who needs help just like the other legionnaires for a reason. I am a Legion Fan, I have a lot of Legion of Superhero comics, I have nothing against him as a character.

Another factor: Naruto is faster than Karate Kid in terms of 'ability to move around distances.' Val can react to the Flash and use a flight ring, but he's not the Flash himself.

Meaning, the real Naruto can stay away from Karate Kid indefinitely, without problem. He can throw mobs of thousands of clones, explosions, all kinds of stuff, without Val being able to strike at actual Naruto in return.

Q99
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Karate%20Kid/valvskara.jpg

This image look familiar, Mike? It's from your photobucket (quick google of KK found it, only after I clicked did I realize, heeey, it's yours!), shows a fast foe who can react to his moves block a hit.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Karate%20Kid/valvsequus2.jpg

And here he gets hit in HtH. Not invincible even there, even though he is the best.

Or this one:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Karate%20Kid/valvsoraclesystem.jpg

Karate Kid gets grabbed by mere robot tentacles due to them getting him from behind.

Note that Naruto has abilities quite similar to this, with clones capable of making chakra arms out of any part of them.

And I'm not even talking Naruto taking Val on HtH, just, you know, tossing one of his ranged abilities at Armorr.

Naruto creates a shockwave with a multi-kilometer area. What can Val do?

Endless Mike
Pre-Crisis Superman sneezes and blows up the solar system. What does Val do? Apparently, a lot, going by, you know, THE ACTUAL COMICS. The fact he's faced people who could casually finger-flick the planet he's standing on into the sun, and NOT LOST kind of shuts down all of your retarded arguments, unless you just want to use low-end showings to downplay. In that case, Naruto beats Superman because the latter once got KO'd by a gas station explosion, he beats the Hulk because he once got choked by a snake, he beats Firelord because he lost to Spider-Man, and he beats Silver Surfer because he got KO'd by a brick. I.e. the moronic downplayer's way of arguing.

So yeah, I didn't bother reading the rest of your spergtastic ramblings. For the same reason that I don't bother reading the contents of some conspiracy nut's 'incontrovertible proof' that 9/11 was an inside job done by Reptilian Jews. Because in both cases, I know for a fact that you're full of shit and were probably dropped on your head several times as a baby.

Of course, for the benefit of impartial observers who may not be aware of all of the relevant facts here, I'll present to you just one piece of evidence:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3771515-1628974989-18966.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/3715022-2806655-0830_legion_of_super_heroes_v4__111___page_14.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3771519-8134815787-15016.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/30145/2806660-0830_legion_of_super_heroes_v4__111___page_20.jpg

Just to explain what's going on here, that's Val fighting Mon-El, a Daxamite. A race who have powers equivalent to Kryptonians. Val has no problem dodging his heat vision, which is of the type that can reach the Earth from the sun in seconds (whereas light takes over 8 minutes). Don't try to give me the aimdodging argument either, since Kryptonians and Daxamites can think, process information, and aim/move their heads at vastly FTL speeds too. Not only does Val fail to be hit by the HV, or any of Mon-El's attacks, but he dodges his physical rush and tosses him straight to another star system, in instants. One he was specifically aiming for, because it had a red sun, which drains Mon-El's powers. And, to top it all off, that was Post-Crisis Val, who was immeasurably weaker than his Pre-Crisis counterpart, the one who does this kind of shit to Pre-Crisis Kryptonians, Validus, and various other cosmic horrors who are capable of traveling across the universe in the blink of an eye and destroying galaxies by farting.

If you are aware of this and still believe that this isn't the biggest curbstomp this side of Godzilla vs. a lobotomized, crippled, three-legged kitten with AIDS and hemophilia, you are either:

a. Incurably retarded

b. Trolling

c. All of the above

So continuing to attempt to 'debate' this with you would be about as fruitful an endeavor as trying to teach a monkey calculus. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more productive things to do than try to hammer the painfully obvious through your neutronium-dense skull.

NemeBro
Lol, what an autistic neckbeard, publicly showing everyone what a pussy permavirgin he is by getting mad over comic books.

Karate Kid does win though. thumb up

Surtur
I mean you don't have to like the character of Karate Kid, but saying "hey batman beat him" is about as ridiculous as one can get.

Since no, I don't care. Doesn't matter. He's consistently so far above Batman it isn't even funny. Karate Kid is what little ninja's in Naruto pray to God they will be like when they grow up. He's also the reason so many ninja's are atheists, because once grown up they find...yeah, they don't even hold a candle to Val so all that praying was for nothing.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by NemeBro
Lol, what an autistic neckbeard, publicly showing everyone what a pussy permavirgin he is by getting mad over comic books.

crylaugh

You talk some of the greatest shit. thumb up

AuraAngel
Yeah what matters is the consistency of the character. Batman kind screws with that a bit.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Yeah what matters is the consistency of the character. Batman kind screws with that a bit.

Batman consistently screws with the consistency of other characters, so he wins. thumb up

I actually don't know what I'm talking about. Lol.

Endless Mike
What you're talking about is called a jobber aura. Same reason Batman can kick Darkseid and make him bleed.

Sacred Fire
I know that. Hence, the sarcastic undertone of my post.

Henry_Pym
Or DS is just that weak.

Rasenshuriken one shot, the trolling here is funny though.

Q99
Originally posted by Surtur
I mean you don't have to like the character of Karate Kid, but saying "hey batman beat him" is about as ridiculous as one can get.

Since no, I don't care. Doesn't matter. He's consistently so far above Batman it isn't even funny. Karate Kid is what little ninja's in Naruto pray to God they will be like when they grow up. He's also the reason so many ninja's are atheists, because once grown up they find...yeah, they don't even hold a candle to Val so all that praying was for nothing.

He is above Batman, but he is not invincible, is the point.

It may be that you and Endless Mike are just not aware of current Naruto and may think of him as a 'martial artist with copies, maybe a rasengan.' You know, stuff KK could definitely handle.

And not 'character who can play ping-pong with nukes.'

Naruto is not primarily a martial artist. He is a character that can wipe out a country in a matter of seconds, who also happens to be superfast/superstrong/and use martial arts (also, he does have supersenses that give him combat precog), but his jutsu is his primary weapons.

Naruto deflecting multiple nuke-blasts.

That's the kind of defense he has.

Naruto making a bigger explosion:
http://static2.mangainn.com/mangas/314/77630/002_02_01_2012_04_55_17.jpg

And the craters:
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/2/24589/699326-juubibigbang.jpg

This is not max-power Naruto, he gets significant more powerful than this. He is capable of creating dozens of clones who can each do this.

Yes, Karate Kid can dodge Daxamites and such! I have noted so in the posts everyone keeps on skipping because 'they must be wrong.'

How is he going to dodge multiple kilometer-across explosions?

This is *very* different than dodging heat vision and other focused attacks.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Or DS is just that weak.

Rasenshuriken one shot, the trolling here is funny though.

thumb up

Astner
What the **** is wrong with you people? Karate Kid is peak human, he doesn't have any super-powers.

wakkawakkawakka
Doesn't Karate Kid beat up Kryptonians or something silly like that?

cdtm

thumb up

The fact Val can react to Flash's at all proves he operates on another level of speed, anticipation or no.

The old argument that Val rarely shows Kryptonian level strength, speed, and durability power against non super powered opponents is a disingenious point, considering how the you see this with Superman vs streets or Spidey vs thugs all the time.

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
He is above Batman, but he is not invincible, is the point.

It may be that you and Endless Mike are just not aware of current Naruto and may think of him as a 'martial artist with copies, maybe a rasengan.' You know, stuff KK could definitely handle.

And not 'character who can play ping-pong with nukes.'

Naruto is not primarily a martial artist. He is a character that can wipe out a country in a matter of seconds, who also happens to be superfast/superstrong/and use martial arts (also, he does have supersenses that give him combat precog), but his jutsu is his primary weapons.

Naruto deflecting multiple nuke-blasts.

That's the kind of defense he has.

Naruto making a bigger explosion:
http://static2.mangainn.com/mangas/314/77630/002_02_01_2012_04_55_17.jpg

And the craters:
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/2/24589/699326-juubibigbang.jpg

How is he going to dodge multiple kilometer-across explosions?

This is *very* different than dodging heat vision and other focused attacks.

Flight ring. Things let Legionarres fly between planets. smile

Besides, who says Val won't simply KO Narato before he gets a chance to attack?

cdtm
Hat trick:

Do you think Gai using the eight gate could beat Naruto?

Do you think he could fight on an evem level with any version of Superman?

Henry_Pym
substitute jutsu

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by cdtm
Hat trick:

Do you think he could fight on an evem level with any version of Superman? probably not, Naruto's hf combined with a chakra cloak and sage bs makes it a time stall.

Non comic ones... laughing out loud

Q99
Flight ring. Things let Legionarres fly between planets. smile

Flight rings don't do so fast enough to escape explosions. I think they have to be out of atmo to hit warp speeds as well.

Because I just posted scans of Naruto deflecting nuclear-level blasts with his chakra. Val's not stronger than that.

Naruto also has combat precog due to sensing ability, is very super tough aside from his chakra shroud, has regen (like, 'stabbing him through the heart is not gonna be fatal' regen), and also likes to engage with dozens to hundreds of clones, each of which in turn can be capable of throwing and deflecting nuclear level attacks.

Naruto additionally has a number of 'truth seeking balls,' small orbs that he can reshape, that hover around him and move with a thought at very high speed. They erase matter and energy at a touch and can be used both offensively and defensively.

A single clone made by end of series Naruto is in likelyhood significantly stronger than the version who deflected those mountain smashing attacks there, by the way.

Naruto gets significantly powerful.

Hat trick:

Do you think he could fight on an evem level with any version of Superman?

My thoughts:

1) No, he couldn't, or at least not likely. The Six Path clones and powers are just too strong, the chakra cloak too protective. He could likely wound him significantly with 'Night Guy,' but actually beating is not something I see happening.

2) Maybe some lesser versions. I mean, Golden Age is nothing special.

He couldn't take on the stronger Supermen.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Doesn't Karate Kid beat up Kryptonians or something silly like that?

Not exactly. See, he can judo-throw them, he can redirect their blows, dodge their heat vision... but noteworthy, he neither hurts Kryptonians, nor takes their attacks. He can basically stalemate them as long as they don't fight in a cautious and smart manner, that's all.

And none of their attacks are giant explosions. Val does not have a good way to handle explosions.

Surtur
First off I know what people in Naruto are capable of. Second, Karate Kid isn't invincible but he doesn't have to be invincible in order to defeat Naruto. It also should be said that just like Naruto isn't merely some martial artist neither is Val. He has negated earthquakes by tapping his foot.

Oh there are a wide variety of moves in Naruto that could f*ck up Val for good..if his opponent had time to use them. But the guy dodges speed force infused lightning *after* being hit by it. His reflexes are so hilariously above Naruto's it is not even funny. Okay it is a bit funny. Val does things that make utterly no sense in a universe where people can juggle planets. Towing a bunch of planets through space on a big cosmic chain seems more reasonable then some of the stuff Val has done just via space karate.

Q99
First off I know what people in Naruto are capable of. Second, Karate Kid isn't invincible but he doesn't have to be invincible in order to defeat Naruto.

It would be nice if someone explained how he'd win and specifically how he'd handle various obstacles, instead of just insisting he would.

Like, how exactly is KK supposed to deal any damage? Runs into a chakra cloak, just like the nukeballs did.

And there's the matter of all the clones so he's highly unlikely to know which Naruto is real.

Problem: Naruto has precog due to sensory abilities, and all his defensive powers like being covered in chakra. And Val has fast reflexes, he still takes time to move distances. Like, he doesn't start in HtH.

How is he going to avoid a shockwave? It's not even like lightning, one place at high speed, it covers a wide area. And Naruto can just make a shockwave from his body with chakra.

Surtur
Karate Kid can damage metal PC Superboy had trouble damaging. Just how much protection do you feel this chakra cloak provides? Dude can also see the weak points in a variety of things(including force fields).

Also precog is moot if you're hilariously slower. Val has fast reflexes, and was capable of moving his body at such speeds he dodges speed force infused lightning. So it's weird to think he can't move at insanely fast speeds. He can move his body at highly fast speeds to avoid stuff, but otherwise moving his limbs incredibly fast is just off the table?

You can bring up clones, shockwaves, etc. but how is he doing any of this before Val crosses the distance? I admit it's been a while since I read Naruto, but I don't think the clones just come into existence automatically without any thought on Naruto's part.

For Val to lose we essentially have to say he can move his body at FTL speeds to avoid high speed attacks, but can't move his body at insane speeds to accomplish anything else. It'd be weird to compartmentalize his speed for no reason.

carver9
Lol...Naruto stomps. KK is so overrated it's ridiculous. We don't overlook his average showings because his highs are good.

Surtur
Hey at least you are aware he'd f*ckstomp Naruto with his high end shit. That's good enough for me, the acknowledgement KK has feats Naruto on his best day couldn't hope to accomplish.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Naruto stomps. KK is so overrated it's ridiculous. We don't overlook his average showings because his highs are good.

You know Supermans "average" isn't the best, right?

He got outmanuvered by Golden Guardian, Slade, and Batman, for example.

carver9
You know Supermans "average" isn't the best, right?

He got outmanuvered by Golden Guardian, Slade, and Batman, for example.

I wouldn't call that an average and if we focused primarily on highs people like Surfer, Superman, and Hulk could overpower and outright destroy people like Dormammu, Zeus, and Superboy Prime. That's IF we are focusing primarily on highs. If we look at AVERAGE showings, then...

Debating highs is ridiculous. Surfer swam in Black Holes, how can people like Thor or Superman hurt him? Superman has survived a sun going nova. How can people like Doomsday or Juggernaut hurt him. Hulk skin has been shown to be harder than adamantium. How can people like Bizarro or Nova Prime hurt him? It's not smart to debate highs when the average goes against this. Debating highs, any character can become unbeatable. Nothing short of LT himself should be able to defeat Surfer if we look primarily at highs.

AuraAngel
Is this guy really supposed to be Peak Human?

Comics are horrendously stupid.

cdtm

Comics are horrendously stupid.

It was the 60's. Everyone was high back then. smile

Astner
That's his thing, like Batman, he doesn't have any superpowers. No shields, no chi or anything like that, he's just an exceptionally skilled martial artist.

Edit. I just read Mike's psychotic breakdown on the first page of the thread. That dude has serious issues.

carver9
Batman took on the Justice League that was actually trying to beat him and he took the entire team out. Hell, Nightwing took on a guy recently who had the powers of the entire JLA and stomped him without getting touched. If people don't think Naruto can replicate that (he will do a 100 times better imo), then they are drunk.

carver9
Originally posted by Astner
That's his thing, like Batman, he doesn't have any superpowers. No shields, no chi or anything like that, he's just an exceptionally skilled martial artist.

Edit. I just read Mike's psychotic breakdown on the first page of the thread. That dude has serious issues.

Lol...Mike does have issues.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Batman took on the Justice League that was actually trying to beat him and he took the entire team out. Hell, Nightwing took on a guy recently who had the powers of the entire JLA and stomped him without getting touched. If people don't think Naruto can replicate that (he will do a 100 times better imo), then they are drunk.

Val was established from day one of being able to hold his own with Superboy, though. And he has a ton of supporting feats to prove it.

There's a huge difference between Batman beating the JLA and Val Armorr beating the Fatal Five, based on the bulk of their history...

carver9
Val was established from day one of being able to hold his own with Superboy, though. And he has a ton of supporting feats to prove it.

There's a huge difference between Batman beating the JLA and Val Armorr beating the Fatal Five, based on the bulk of their history...

What about Deathstroke though? Deathstroke fts are either similar or hellava better imo. He is a team wrecker but he is peak human/super human at best. Just think about it for a bit and it's consistent with his character.

And yes, Deathstroke had outmanuvered Flash on many of occasions.

Q99
Originally posted by Astner

And, since he was quite insistent that he wasn't reading any responses (because he's sure they're stupid), it was merely in response to the idea *that* people were disagreeing.

Hey at least you are aware he'd f*ckstomp Naruto with his high end shit. That's good enough for me, the acknowledgement KK has feats Naruto on his best day couldn't hope to accomplish.

At the same time, it doesn't solve the 'shockwave' problem.'

Sure, he can judo-throw a Kryptonian, which is really little use against a number of Naruto's battle strategies.

KK is uber but his uberness applies entirely in HtH. His feats are ones he'd only have a chance to apply if Naruto tries HtH-in-his-own-body-rather-than-clones on him.

Like, if he took on Cosmo Boy, Cosmo Boy is gonna win most of the time, because their flight rings are the same speed, Cosmo Boy is going to avoid HtH like the plague, and he's going to use his powers to trap KK and attack in ways that can't be solved with a judo throw or destroying something with a precise blow to a weak point.

A lot, those are the tails of the chakra cloak reflecting multiple mountain-busting attacks in the scan I posted, and there's another point where he simply kicks away a ball that erases most matter and energy at a touch (he himself can make and control balls like that).

It's like a living, pulsing field that Naruto can adjust, re-establish, etc.. He can form hands and arms of it, and extend their length and such. It normally takes KK a bit of time to locate the weak point of a force field, so it's a tricky prospect to say the least.

In the past, Naruto has just sent out a pure 360 wave of chakra to push opponents away, too. Not much to be done about that.

And he's still super-tough and regen-y under it. Naruto has healed from holes in his lungs you can stick an arm through, mid-fight.

Like, if KK found a weak point, punched it, then immediately followed through the hole he made and stabbing a finger through Naruto's throat (which itself assumes the weak point thing works on a super-durable person), then Naruto has, as a legit strategy choice, detonating a giant explosion point blank catching them both, and Naruto just withstanding the blast.

It doesn't normally work that way despite what you'd expect, no. That's comics for you.

I do want to emphasize that it doesn't matter if he could, because giant shockwave, game over, and Naruto will have time for those.

This is an image. Every one of those attacks has a multi-kilometer radius. One of 'em was used to destroy a gigantic tree that was calced at, iirc, 10 kilometers across.

Val only covers distance as fast as a legion flight ring goes, and that is not that fast.

And then even if he arrives that fast, chakra cloak. Just going headlong without finding a weak point is like running into a wall. Naruto has plenty of time to act, and like I indicated above, 'getting critically wounded then mutual blowing up' is a win for Naruto. 'Doing an area attack while the opponent is focused on finding a weak point' also works.

Note also that one of Naruto's moves is moving so fast it gets compared to his dad's teleportation, and he used that to dodge A's lightning rush. He is not a slow person.

MVC-Solos
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Endless Mike why are you being insulting?

That's because Endless Dyke is a comic book dork who dedicates his life to VS debating. He thinks he's a badass because his favorite fictions are stronger than other people's favorite fictions.

He got butthurt when KakashiGod took down the OBD.

He tried making death threats and shit, but KakashiGod just put on his glasses and went "deal with it" and proceeded to drink all of his tears.

The hero and destroyer of the OBD Shitia: KakashiGod

MVC-Solos
Now if you'll excuse me, I have more productive things to do than try to hammer the painfully obvious through your neutronium-dense skull.

Yeah right. VS debating is your life.

Don't lie Dykie. You don't have anything better to do.

MVC-Solos

LMAO.

Look how asshurt he got about the OBD being shut down.
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=842736

He dedicates his life to wanking comic books.

StealthRanger
Sentry is that you?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Sentry is that you? You smell good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.