Maul v. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Darths Bane and Maul duke it out at the height of their physical prowess. The fight takes place in the Geonosian execution arena.

Unarmed, hand-to-hand combat only

carthage
Maul drives his fist through Bane's chest

ILS
Maul wrecks.

Stigma
Maul breaks Bane.

Nephthys
Bane bisects him again.

Stigma
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane bisects him again.
With his fists?

Nephthys
Yes.

McP
Originally posted by ILS
Maul wrecks.

The_Tempest
Consensus is clearly leaning Maul, but I'd like to see some cases made from both sides.

ILS
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Consensus is clearly leaning Maul, but I'd like to see some cases made from both sides. Much more extensive unarmed training/experience/feats, at least equivalent strength feats (without even drawing on the Force actively), at least equivalent endurance, and likely superior speed.

S_W_LeGenD
Zabraks have superior physiology then humans in Star Wars. Therefore, Darth Maul may have some advantage in pure physical capability over most humans.

Bane is strong like a wrestler but I am not sure if he can kill a hardened Zabrak on the basis of sheer physical strength.

Both are well-trained in martial aspects of combat.

Not sure how a purely physical bout may turn out.

However, if both are allowed to draw strength from the Force then I believe that Bane can win. I believe that Bane is holistically stronger then Maul.

NewGuy01
Maul's training, especially in hand to hand combat, is vastly more extensive. By virtue of feats, he's almost definitely faster. As of yet I have no inclination to edge strength or endurance to Bane either.

ILS
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Zabraks have superior physiology then humans in Star Wars. Therefore, Darth Maul may have some advantage in pure physical capability over most humans.Yup. Having two hearts, superior constitution and a head of vestigial horns usable as weapons are all edges. thumb up
Especially when the Zabrak in question has outwrestled Yuuzhan Vong, Wampa's and Varactyl's without even drawing on the Force to do so.
However, Maul is more than likely superior in this aspect given his extensive training and mastery of a wide range of unarmed martial arts.

At the age of three Maul is able to pinpoint the vulnerabilities in the anatomy of nearly every species on Mustafar, including the humanoid Mustafarians themselves.

―The Wrath of Darth Maul

And that's before he even began training at the Orsis Academy (around age 7).. which is essentially the most elite academy in the galaxy in terms of unarmed training. He was trained directly by Trezza, someone who has trained all manners of elite fighters for over a century. Also worth noting? Maul was strictly prohibited at all times from revealing that he was a Force user, and therefore wouldn't draw on Force augmentation at any point during his training at Orsis.

―The Wrath of Darth Maul

At the age of seven, Maul leaves a teenaged Orsis Cadet convulsing from nerve strikes. Abyssin's are particularly huge, muscular beings without being trained fighters to boot.

―Darth Plagueis

At the age of thirteen, Maul is already considered a master of numerous martial arts by the Orsis Academy.

―The Wrath of Darth Maul

By the time Maul was thirteen, he had been at Orsis for 6 year - he had already learned everything he possibly could from the 8 year enrolment he was scheduled to take part in. To fill the two year gap he spent those next years training directly under Meltch Krakko, one of the most renowned Death Watch Mandalorians in the galaxy.

―The Wrath of Darth Maul

―The Wrath of Darth Maul

After this, Sidious would also personally tutor Maul in numerous unarmed disciplines regarded as "forbidden and exotic".

―Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

And to really put the cherry on Maul's cake, we can discuss how Plagueis judged his speed to be "astonishing", and his fists and feet to be as lethal as his lightsaber blade (in reference to the metal droids he was tearing apart).

―Darth Plagueis

carthage
Bane can kill guards with strikes though erm

ILS
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Not sure how a purely physical bout may turn out.

However, if both are allowed to draw strength from the Force then I believe that Bane can win. I believe that Bane is holistically stronger then Maul. Not well for Bane, for certain. Any parity they might share as physical combatants would be completely overshadowed by Maul's much better training and technical skill as an unarmed fighter.

Maul's displays of strength without drawing on the Force are already pretty comparable to Bane's (punching through a Wampa's stomach, ragdolling a Yuuzhan Vong warrior, tearing off a Varactyl's armored skull in one jerk). With the ability to augment his strength with the Force in addition I can't see Bane taking even that edge.

Nephthys
Maul is the more skilled martial artist for sure, although Bane's abilities still give him incredible instincts and fighting prowess, like when he beat the shit out of 3 armed republic troopers in the pitch dark with his bare hands, without conscious force use. And he's massive and an experienced fighter himself. So he's not totally outclassed. That said, Bane is still considerably more powerful and faster. He'd still win.

ILS
like when he beat the shit out of 3 armed republic troopers in the pitch dark with his bare hands.Maul has done better at the age of fifteen in the form of soloing the Orsis Academy with his bare hands, and then proceeding to snap Meltch Krakko's neck with one arm and launch him into a fireplace.
Being big, burly and capable of killing fodder without a night-light is something I'd attribute to beings Maul has already killed without using the Force to amp himself.
Prove it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Maul has done better at the age of fifteen in the form of soloing the Orsis Academy with his bare hands, and then proceeding to snap Meltch Krakko's neck with one arm and launch him into a fireplace.

And I gave him the nod at martial arts. Calm down, Fido.

Originally posted by ILS
Being big, burly and capable of killing fodder without a night-light is something I'd attribute to beings Maul has already killed without using the Force to amp himself.

Cool, because Bane wasn't amping himself either.

Originally posted by ILS
Prove it.

Against you? No thanks.

carthage
http://m.memegen.com/rwptfz.jpg.

The_Tempest
So even Neph concedes that Maul is the vastly more skilled fighter. I guess this really was a lopsided contest.

Nephthys
No, I did not. I specifically said that Bane wasn't outclassed and I said that he'd still win.

The_Tempest
You never actually made that case, though.

How is Bane beating 3 armed mooks in the dark anywhere close to what Maul has done?

Beniboybling
Bane might be faster than Maul, but I can't see anything he's done that suggests he's stronger, more durable, or a better martial artist. If speed is Bane's only advantage, he loses tbh.

Nephthys
You never actually made that case, though.

How is Bane beating 3 armed mooks in the dark anywhere close to what Maul has done?

I've stated it repeatedly. Just because I don't want to argue Bane and Maul with ILS doesn't mean I'm conceding my opinion.

He did it with no formal force or fighting training, he had decades of martial training afterwards. Bane's more powerful and faster and arguably has the strength and size edge. He'll have greater senses, reflexes and precog on top of his speed, backed up by his own talents Maul won't have a chance to outskill him. It's not like Maul would beat Sidious, despite the latter being far less of a martial artist and physically inferior. The Force is the greater factor.

DarthAnt66
Neph is comparing Bane's Force power to Palpatine's. laughing out loud

Nephthys
Nothing new.

|King Joker|
LOL

The_Tempest
Palpatine's ability to defeat Maul is not proof of Bane's ability to do so.

Nephthys
Bane would bitchsmack Sheev as well tho. awermm

I assume no orbalisks btw? Would be fun though.

ILS
He did it with no formal force or fighting training, he had decades of martial training afterwards. Yeah... it's not like Maul did the same thing without using the Force as a fifteen year old ohwait-

―Restraint

Stigma
With the evidence ILS provided I'm confident to say Maul stomps Bane.

Seriously, good job ILS thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Didn't Bane physically evade attempts from the Jedi to impale him on the head while he was covered with orbalisks? I presume that orbalisks slowed him down in-fact.

Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side provides useful information about Bane's understanding of martial aspects of combat. Based on revelations in this book, he should not be underestimated.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ILS
Not well for Bane, for certain. Any parity they might share as physical combatants would be completely overshadowed by Maul's much better training and technical skill as an unarmed fighter.

Maul's displays of strength without drawing on the Force are already pretty comparable to Bane's (punching through a Wampa's stomach, ragdolling a Yuuzhan Vong warrior, tearing off a Varactyl's armored skull in one jerk). With the ability to augment his strength with the Force in addition I can't see Bane taking even that edge.
While Darth Maul is physically very strong and capable , I don't think that he is holistically better then Darth Bane.

TBH, Bane is regarded as one of the most powerful Sith in galactic history. I notice baseless lowballing of him in various threads these days.

As good as Maul is, if it ever comes down to a clash between him and Bane in an all-out scenario, I don't think Maul can handle him. Based on hype factor alone, Bane have advantage.

Stigma
LeGenD, this is H2H only. No Force involved. And Maul wins this.

ILS
Originally posted by Stigma
LeGenD, this is H2H only. No Force involved. And Maul wins this. Pretty much.

The_Tempest
Yeah, the Force isn't a factor here. This concerns their respective physical prowess and martial arts skills.

ILS
Yeah, the Force isn't a factor here. This concerns their respective physical prowess and martial arts skills. Not even augmentation? http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2788772255.gif

Nephthys
If thats the case Maul wins, unless Bane gets the orbs of course. And then Maul gets robo legs and the fight becomes awesome.

Would be dumb to not allow augmentation though.

The_Tempest
If thats the case Maul wins, unless Bane gets the orbs of course. And then Maul gets robo legs and the fight becomes awesome.

Would be dumb to not allow augmentation though.

Why would it be dumb not to allow augmentation? You're really emotional over Bane losing.

Nephthys
You yourself suggested it was a lopsided fight. And you'd be right, if there's no augmentation. Mauls an extensively trained martial artist and Banes a streetbrawler. It's a dumb thread, especially when theres a legit discussion with augmentation and none without.

Rolleyes at your tired jabs though. Can you please just retire that shit?

The_Tempest
I've been persuaded that this is a lopsided contest. Apparently Maul is an infinitely superior fighter than Bane.

On the other hand, you seem to believe that it would be a similarly lopsided contest if augmentation were allowed since Bane is allegedly that much more powerful and faster than Maul.

So in your estimation, it's a lopsided fight either way, but it's only "dumb" if it favors Maul.

In other words, your bias is transparent and it's fun to mock you.

Nephthys
And you only decided to make it no-Force after that point.

And yet, it's still open to discussion clearly. Mauls skill vs Bane's power could be debated. You said you wanted discussion, yet when it begun you shut it down to give Maul the advantage. Awful petty for some weakass mockery.

The_Tempest
Not at all. Why the hell would I make a thread about unarmed combat at each character's physical peak if I wanted the Force to be a deciding factor?

Not in your estimation. You claim that Bane can compete in skill and has a clear power/speed advantage... so if that were true, what is there to debate?

Again, you made it clear that you felt this was an obvious and clear victory for Bane and then got upset when you felt the circumstances are now such that Bane can't have a obvious and clear victory.

Bane's considerably taller, heavier, and has the advantage of reach. He's also enormously strong and is clearly skilled in unarmed combat. The only reason I've concluded this match is lopsided is because ILS has presented enormous evidence for a clear Maul victory whereas you've done nothing but cite Bane beating 3 armed mooks in the dark {not bad, but nowhere near what ILS has offered} and piss and moan about Force augmentation.

It's purty clear you have an agenda bro. It's pretty pathetic tbh. erm

ILS
@this discussion

..implying the outcome changes just because a mutual advantage comes into play.

Nephthys
Not at all. Why the hell would I make a thread about unarmed combat at each character's physical peak if I wanted the Force to be a deciding factor?

Not in your estimation. You claim that Bane can compete in skill and has a clear power/speed advantage... so if that were true, what is there to debate?

Again, you made it clear that you felt this was an obvious and clear victory for Bane and then got upset when you felt the circumstances are now such that Bane can't have a obvious and clear victory.

Bane's considerably taller, heavier, and has the advantage of reach. He's also enormously strong and is clearly skilled in unarmed combat. The only reason I've concluded this match is lopsided is because ILS has presented enormous evidence for a clear Maul victory whereas you've done nothing but cite Bane beating 3 armed mooks in the dark {not bad, but nowhere near what ILS has offered} and piss and moan about Force augmentation.

It's purty clear you have an agenda bro. It's pretty pathetic tbh. erm

Because most of any Force users feats occur with the use of the Force, their strength, speed, stamina, reflexes etc are largely dependent upon the Force.

If that were true, naturally.

Me calling your thread dumb isn't me being upset. I know you're desperate to one-up me because you have an ego problem or whatever, but I just called it dumb. It's house cat tame. Get over it.

Everyones been talking about power and speed the whole thread, yet you didn't contradict them until you felt like shitting on me. I even used an example when talking to you that solely relied on force augmentation and you didn't mention it. The one with an agenda here is clearly you and it's far more pathetic than the fact that I think Bane's hot shit. I suggest you take Disney's advice and learn to just let it go.

Emperordmb
Yeah seriously, I don't get it when people give Bane fans shit for "obsessing over him" when Bane haters are seemingly far more obsessed with him on forums to a point at which it's honestly just weird.

The_Tempest
You two need to seriously calm down.

If you don't feel like Bane can win without the Force, I'll make a second round where Force augmentation is allowed.

But Maul-thru-ILS is still quite honestly kicking Bane-thru-Neph's ass, so you guys should start making cogent arguments and use feats and accolades!

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah seriously, I don't get it when people give Bane fans shit for "obsessing over him" when Bane haters are seemingly far more obsessed with him on forums to a point at which it's honestly just weird.

But to answer your question, I think the near universal level of disrespect you all experience owes more to your fragility than your opinions.

Nephthys
But we barely react to it. We've never reacted to it. It's just pointless stupidity.

The_Tempest
lol

carthage

Weirder than making an entire subforum on your own boards to worship him, or trying to get people banned for disagreeing with you?

Emperordmb
I never made an entire Bane subforum, quit lying to try and make me look bad.

ILS
I'm inclined to agree with carthage on this one.

Nephthys
You were never on Dmb's forum, were you? confused

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Weirder than making an entire subforum on your own boards to worship him, or trying to get people banned for disagreeing with you? http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/giphy.gif

Emperordmb
I seem to recall Carthage insulting Ancient Power because of something he said in the behind the scenes section on wookieepedia or something, yet he has lied about me on multiple occasions as ridiculous as this.

carthage
You have entire respect threads dedicated even minor characters in the Bane books, writing essay length posts, entire speculation threads, and other threads devoted to him. I can post screenshots when I get off work, it's really funny

Aurbere
Ignoring that this thread fell to shambles...

I think Maul would win an unarmed fight. Bane's built pretty heavily and seems like a solid unarmed fighter, but Maul's extremely extensive training and experience in unarmed fights gives him a pretty solid advantage.

ILS also did an excellent job elaborating on Maul's skills in this area. Would have appreciated Bane supporters doing that.

The_Tempest
Agreed, Aurb. I wish the Bane faction would have offered more by way of defense.

Emperordmb
So I see the fact that you lied about the supposed "Darth Bane Subsection" is something you're just going to brush over.

You have entire respect threads dedicated even minor characters in the Bane books, writing essay length posts,
Yes, god forbid a forum member make RTs and long posts for characters. That Silver guy and his RT for Sidious that's hundreds of pages long, Aurbere and his two part RT for Yoda, Ant and his long ass Revan respect thread. Tempest and the essay length posts he writes whenever someone says another Sith is>Sidious. Really funny stuff right there that is just ****ing weird to see on a SW forum thumb up

entire speculation threads
None of which were about Bane. Again and unsurprisingly, you're lying to make me look bad.

and other threads devoted to him.
Aside from the RT I made for Bane, there are literally only two other threads focused on him.

Three threads in total with Bane as the focus.

Again and unsurprisingly, you're lying to make me look bad.

I can post screenshots when I get off work, it's really funny
Yes, because a forum member posting and making threads and posts about their favorite characters is totally weird or unusual on Star Wars Forums :/

I can respect people who disagree with my opinions. But you are someone who has and continues to lie about me to try and make me look bad, has made several posts dedicated to trolling me, has made several posts dedicated to trolling some of my friends, admitted a few times to trolling, and are just blatantly hostile and provocative.

Aurbere
Yes, god forbid a forum member make RTs and long posts for characters. That Silver guy and his RT for Sidious that's hundreds of pages long, Aurbere and her two part RT for Yoda, Ant and his long ass Revan respect thread. Tempest and the essay length posts he writes whenever someone says another Sith is>Sidious. Really funny stuff right there that is just ****ing weird to see on a SW forum thumb up

Not really going to involve myself in this, but I'm 100% male.

Emperordmb
I am extremely sorry for that. Was thinking of Sel for some reason.

Aurbere
I am extremely sorry for that. Was thinking of Sel for some reason.

No worries at all. It's not the first time stick out tongue

ILS
There's a disturbing lack of resistance in this thread.

Maul stomps Bane into a puddle. Do something about it.

DarthAnt66
http://i59.tinypic.com/5bdz6x.png

DarthAnt66
Aurbere and her two part RT for Yoda.
http://i.imgur.com/IENYQ5l.gif

The Merchant
I guess Maul.

EmperorSidious2
Bane

Trocity
lmao how?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Aurbere
No worries at all. It's not the first time stick out tongue
I knew you were a guy (I am friends with Xtasy after all), my mind just completely derped for a moment. A week of high school after the entire summer does that sometimes. Still, if this is the most awkward thing that's happened to me all week, I guess it was an alright week.

Stigma
I wish the Bane faction would have offered more by way of defense.
They can't and thus they won't. thumb up Bane is simply outclassed in pure H2H in this fight.

TBH the only interesting fight between Bane and Maul is when it's an all-out battle (sabers and Force included) with Bane in his Orbalisk armor.

Other fights between different versions of these characters end in Maul's favor.

Stigma
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://i59.tinypic.com/5bdz6x.png
thumb up

SunRazer
I'm actually considering putting Bane as the victor here.

Stigma
Hahaha ! C'mon man.

The_Tempest
Make the argument, son. Someone needs to step up and defend Bane. ILS is shit-stomping the opposition tbh.

SunRazer
If I do, I'll make one tomorrow.

Stigma
Originally posted by SunRazer
If I do, I'll make one tomorrow.
Would be great to see someone competent present pro-Bane argument thumb up

ILS
Originally posted by SunRazer
If I do, I'll make one tomorrow. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=casket&rlz=1CAHPZY_enGB625GB626&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=633&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI0LDenejOxwIVxKrbCh2OngT2

The choice is yours, though I think oak would look nice personally.

SunRazer
Oh, this is unarmed? Maul wins every time, lol. Bane is something of a challenge, though.

The_Tempest
Well there's that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.