Sicario (2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis:
An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by an elected government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.

http://i.imgur.com/dViOVqx.jpg

Starring: Emily Blunt, Benecio Del Toro, Josh Brolin, John Bernthal, Jeffrey Donovan & Victor Garber.

G8tlEcnrGnU

jaden101
That looks excellent.

Tzeentch
The premise doesn't interest me a whole lot but I'm diggin the cast; Emily Blunt's been growing on me lately and Brolin/Del Toro have always been solid. Looks worth a watch.

Mindset
I'll probably watch it with Jaden if he agrees to put out after the movie.

jaden101
Originally posted by Mindset
I'll probably watch it with Jaden if he agrees to put out after the movie.

Only if you buy the popcorn. I'm a classy, expensive date.

Robtard
Saw a preview a few weeks back when I watched 'MI: Rogue Nation', looks great; looking forward to it.

Adam Grimes
Del Toro and Bernthal in the same movie? I'm in.

BruceSkywalker
always been a fan of emily blunt so shall i watch

Kazenji
10/10 review from the TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-sicario-tiff15-241-02

Inhuman
Good Cast. Will watch.

marwash22
Originally posted by Kazenji
10/10 review from the TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-sicario-tiff15-241-02 Canadian reviews don't count.

Ascendancy
Happened to catch a preview last night. Looks like Del Toro's sexiest action since The Way of the Gun. Anyway, definitely will be seeing it on national release.

quanchi112
I'll check this out.

jaden101
Off to see this tonight.

Quincy
Dig this director. Liked Prisoners a lot.

Robtard
This has been getting good to great reviews, can't wait. Looks like Benicio did it again.

marwash22
Originally posted by jaden101
Off to see this tonight. post a thumb up or thumb down when you return.

we're gonna double feature this and 'Black Mass' on Friday.

Robtard
Say hello to your mother for me, mouth thumb up

marwash22
tell her yourself; you'll see her tonight when she drives your wife home for me.

Robtard
Someone has to babysit while we're out.

jaden101
Really enjoyed this. Much the same dark tone as prisoners was. Del Toro is ruthless in it. You're kept very much in the dark about who is who and what they stand for as you, as a viewer, take the viewpoint of Blunt's character.

Cinematography is top drawer. The open sweeps mixed with the claustrophobic feel of Juarez. All look fantastic.

wakkawakkawakka
Just saw this too and I thought it was good with superb cinematography along with a great supporting cast in Benicio del Toro and Josh Brolin. Following the events through Blunts character as she goes deeper into the abyss was entertaining as well.

Ascendancy
Very good movie. It has the feel of Traffic, Syriana, etc., in that it presents a 'that's how things are' setting. As jaden101 said, Del Toro's persona is not clear cut, and discovering it through Blunt's perspective as she becomes involved makes it a more powerful ride.

They did a good job of building tension, not overusing plot devices, and keeping the action realistic and not overdone. Very much worth the watch.

dynamix
yea this was pretty damn good. del Toro was awesome here.

quanchi112
I will agree del Toro was very good and I don't really like him. The film had a few very powerful scenes but there were many boring parts as well. All in all decent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.