Count Dooku Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
How far does the Dark Lord make it? Battle takes place within the crashed starship on Hypori.

Warm-up: Darth Skotia

Round 1: Raskta Lsu
Round 2: Shaak Ti
Round 3: Kas'im
Round 4: Aryn Leneer

Round 5: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Round 6: Jaina Solo
Round 7: Darth Wyyrlok III
Round 8: Darth Malgus

Boss: Exar Kun

All combatants are in their prime.

Emperordmb
Stops at three.

I kid, he probably stops at eight.

Lord Stark
Stops at 8.

carthage
Malgus or Exar imo

Selenial
Not sure why Shaak Ti is below Kas'im and Leneer mmm

But stops at Kun.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Selenial
Not sure why Shaak Ti is below Kas'im DMB made a pretty convincing argument on Kas'im's superiority, tbh.

Selenial
Originally posted by |King Joker|
DMB made a pretty convincing argument on Kas'im's superiority, tbh.

Oh right, that mmm

Need to get back to that when my SWTOR tourney's done.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Stops at 8.

|King Joker|
Oh right, that mmm

Need to get back to that when my SWTOR tourney's done. ?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

NewGuy01
Stops at the b0ss.

The_Tempest
Shaak > Kas'im. She might even be > Leneer tbh.

Also, I could entertain arguments made for 8 or the boss taking the good Count out.

carthage
Shaak isn't above Leneer

The_Tempest
Sel can make that argument tbh.

Fated Xtasy

thumb up

-----------------------

Also, stops 5. No rests means he's going to tire with Aryn after slicing Kas'im's arm off while trollfacing him and expressing how disappointed he is with Kas'im's style.

and Shaak Ti is already going to give him a decent fight too.

with this mind, Kenobi's Soresu is basically going to screw the Count unless Dooku pulls a TK attack at the last minute? but meh done at 5 with no rest imo.

|King Joker|
Dooku gets full rest and healing between rounds.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Clears

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Stops at the b0ss.

|King Joker|
I order a Malgus vs. Dooku debate. Get to it, folks.

Beniboybling
Malgus is a stronger Force user and has a stylistic advantage as a duelist, I think Dooku's chances of winning and pretty slim tbh but I'm sure an argument can be made.

Kurk
Personally I think Dooku beats Malgus 6/10

EmperorSidious2
If he doesn't stop at kun he clears.

Vixas
Hmm, I honestly think Jaine could stand a chance. Malgus even more-so and holding, in my mind, an advantage against the Count. While his chances against Kun are all but non-existent.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Malgus is a stronger Force user

I doubt it.

Hardly makes up for being an incredibly less prolific one. Besides; it's not like Dooku hasn't handled pre-RotS incarnations of Anakin just fine.

He stops at the b0ss.

|King Joker|
http://i.imgur.com/plRXroy.gif

Selenial
I doubt it.

Hardly makes up for being an incredibly less prolific one. Besides; it's not like Dooku hasn't handled pre-RotS incarnations of Anakin just fine.

He stops at the b0ss.

thumb up

Beniboybling
I doubt it.I wouldn't say it's concrete, but he's largely matched his abilities as of Deceived, and only grew stronger since then.Malgus has had 30, 40 odd years of battlefield experience to hone lightsaber skills described as "flawless" by the HoT, in which he performed feats supposedly never since replicated, and was considered one of the greatest warriors in the Sith Empire.

"Incredibly less prolific" seems a bit of an exaggeration.

Though where that gap actually existed, he was still knocked on his ass (by Savage).I wouldn't say that. Pre-ROTS Anakin solidly defeated him on Naboo, at least in the lightsaber duel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSO1SjHQfCA&t=0m58s

And prior to that Dooku got disarmed by Anakin despite having Magnaguards for back up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqeEjv1_eOc&t=1m30s

He held his own but I wouldn't say he handled him just fine at all, he handled him with considerable difficulty.

McP
With a full rest, he stops at Malgus, Exar or clears. Both of them are his equals, and it would be a split in both fights.

Nephthys
Stops at 8.

|King Joker|
No one thinks Skotia can put the Count down?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by McP
With a full rest, he stops at Malgus, Exar or clears. Both of them are his equals, and it would be a split in both fights.
Darth Malgus and Exar Kun are more powerful then Count Dooku.

McP
In my opinion, they are more or less equals. Dooku, Vader, Mace, Revan, Malgus, Krayt, Exar. And a few more, perhaps even Maul.

Palpatine, Vitiate and Plagueis are their obvious superiors, and outclassed them all.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by McP
In my opinion, they are more or less equals. Dooku, Vader, Mace, Revan, Malgus, Krayt, Exar. And a few more, perhaps even Maul.

Palpatine, Vitiate and Plagueis are their obvious superiors, and outclassed them all.
Darth Malgus is superior to Count Dooku in official standing in Legends:

Malgus submitted utterly to the dark side, and doing so made him an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been duplicated. (Darth Sidious)

"There in the hangars I encountered the most dangerous embodiment of the dark side I have ever experienced-the man who would later be known as Darth Malgus." (Satele Shan)

In his quest for domination, Darth Sidious tracked down what remained of five pivotal Sith texts written by his most powerful predecessors. (Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side)*

*In no specific order: Darth Plagueis, Darth Bane, Darth Malgus, Mother Talzin and Sorzus Syn

---

I'll let others debate for Exar Kun.

McP
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Is he also superior to Sidious and Plagueis then?

"There in the hangars I encountered the most dangerous embodiment of the dark side I have ever experienced-the man who would later be known as Darth Malgus." (Satele Shan)

Means nothing, since Satale never conforonted any guy from Saga era

*In no specific order: Darth Plagueis, Darth Bane, Darth Malgus, Mother Talzin and Sorzus Syn

Are you trying to put Bane above Vader, Dooku or Maul?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by McP
Is he also superior to Sidious and Plagueis then?
Being superior to Count Dooku translates to being superior to these two? you are not making sense.

And yes, Darth Sidious perceived Darth Malgus as the greatest warrior among all Sith. Sidious also advised Darth Vader to consider Malgus as role model and learn from his accomplishments.

Originally posted by McP
Are you trying to put Bane above Vader, Dooku or Maul?
Have you read Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side?

Here: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Sith-Secrets-Vault-Edition/dp/1612182615

Some details in this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Sith:_Secrets_from_the_Dark_Side

McP
Yes, I have. Bane was more important for the Sith achievements. But it doesn't place him above those three. As a warrior, Bane is obviously inferior to them.

ares834

Malgus submitted utterly to the dark side, and doing so made him an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been duplicated. (Darth Sidious)

In his quest for domination, Darth Sidious tracked down what remained of five pivotal Sith texts written by his most powerful predecessors. (Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side)*

---

I'll let others debate for Exar Kun.

Malgus > Vitiate TBH.

carthage
To be fair Sidious in the new canon considered Vader's power unparalleled:

I'm not aware of Sidious's statement's regarding Dooku's power but seeing as Sidious has similar knowledge regarding Malgus, its possible Dooku may have something comparable to Vader at least *shrug

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by McP
Yes, I have. Bane was more important for the Sith achievements. But it doesn't place him above those three. As a warrior, Bane is obviously inferior to them.
And Darth Sidious did not perceive him as the greatest warrior among Sith. Still, Darth Bane is really powerful and officially counted among the most powerful Sith. You may not like the character but don't let your personal bias cloud your judgement.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
To be fair Sidious in the new canon considered Vader's power unparalleled:

I'm not aware of Sidious's statement's regarding Dooku's power but seeing as Sidious has similar knowledge regarding Malgus, its possible Dooku may have something comparable to Vader at least *shrug
Canon is different from Legends.

Darth Malgus does not exists in canon.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ares834
Malgus > Vitiate TBH.
Vitiate is not a Sith. He pretended to be for a long time but he isn't.

Beniboybling
Darth Malgus is superior to Count Dooku in official standing in LegendsWhile I don't disagree that Malgus > Dooku, none of that you've brought up is proof of that.Dooku was not a warrior, and rarely if ever entered the front lines as a Sith Lord, no member of the Banite line did.Satele has obviously never beheld Dooku, so this is beyond moot.
Dooku is not among Sidious' predecessors, if anything he was a false successor.Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate is not a Sith. He pretended to be for a long time but he isn't. While untrue it's irrelevant, Sidious says "predecessors" not "Sith" predecessors.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
No one thinks Skotia can put the Count down? If he had Skeesk and Skarsk, maybe. He does have supreme hype in an encyclopedic medium.

S_W_LeGenD
While I don't disagree that Malgus > Dooku, none of that you've brought up is proof of that.
See below.

Dooku was not a warrior, and rarely if ever entered the front lines as a Sith Lord, no member of the Banite line did.
Count Dooku was not a warrior based on what? Why did he hone his skills in Makashi?

Dooku openly challenged Jedi during the war. He did not hide his identity and motives like Bannite Sith in general. Being on the front-lines is not necessary to establish credibility as a warrior.

Dooku is not among Sidious' predecessors, if anything he was a false successor.
This does not means that Sidious excluded him from evaluation.

While untrue it's irrelevant, Sidious says "predecessors" not "Sith" predecessors.
Vitiate's identity as a Sith remains in doubt. His actions, post-Great Galactic War, are not Sith-friendly. And if he is Emperor Valkorion, then this only strengthens my argument. A practitioner of the Dark Side is not necessarily a Sith. Also, a Sith can stop being one.

Stigma
thumb up

Stops at Malgus or Kun.

EmperorSidious2
Personally I've always seen Dooku as above Malgus but that's just me. I also believe the title most powerful or one of the most powerful is in a way used very loosely. Almost everywhere you look someone is labeled as one of the most powerful of all time or something like that.

Also Legends contradicts itself a lot so attempting to use it as proof to substain something in the way legends is using it will cause for mass disruption.

Dooku was not a warrior. He openly attacked Jedi? I can't fully agree to that. Remember when Dooku fought Anakin and Obi wan for the last time before ROTS and Anakin says for once you came to do your own dirty work and he replies sometimes things are just that important. That shows he isnt just out there doing everything.

Beniboybling
Count Dooku was not a warrior based on what? Why did he hone his skills in Makashi?

Dooku openly challenged Jedi during the war. He did not hide his identity and motives like Bannite Sith in general. Being on the front-lines is not necessary to establish credibility as a warrior.As in a warrior who fought on the battlefield, Dooku did not, hence no battlefield feats.

But that doesn't make Malgus a superior Force user any more than it does Vitiate, who also has no battlefield feats.
Yes it does lol.You seemed to have missed the point entirely, Sidious is referring to his predecessors of the dark side in general, not Sith, I'd point out that Talzin is not a Sith.

Guess Sidious didn't think Vitiate worthy of mention. Figures.

Nephthys
Or nothing from Vitiate survived or made it into Sidious' hand. Or the bastard never wrote anything, seeing as he never intended there to be anyone after him to pass anything to.

Sidious has good reason not to mention Vitiate too, since he copied most of his ideas from him. laughing

Beniboybling
*slow clap*

Which is why this supposed accolade means jack all.

The_Tempest
Yeah, the wording of the summary makes it pretty clear that those who wrote those texts were Sidious's most powerful predecessors. If it were just referring to the most powerful predecessors whose writings were still in existence, the summary would have said "surviving texts written by SOME OF his most powerful predecessors." But the wording used says otherwise.

But that's why I disregard publisher's summaries.

Nephthys
Or it's like how Braga's strike team were called "the most powerful Jedi" despite no Barsen'thor, Satele or Kaeden.

The_Tempest
Which is similarly bad wording if it lacks that kind of qualifier.

SunRazer
Stops at the b0ss.

carthage
Originally posted by SunRazer
Just kidding guys, Malgus kicks his old ass

SunRazer
Throw yourself into a bin, Carthage.

carthage
love

carthage
mmm

Lord Stark
Dooku throws a cruiser. They die. excellent

Fated Xtasy
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7gkicjLD1qke34uo2_500.gif

EDIT:

Better credit me for finding that stuff Nova :no1:

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dies at the False Emperor. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

Lord Stark
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dies at the False Emperor. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7gkicjLD1qke34uo2_500.gif

Fated Xtasy
YASH thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku still loser who got stomped by Anakin in ROTS http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2295264996.png

|King Joker|
Dooku still loser who got stomped by Anakin in ROTS http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/2295264996.png https://christinawatches.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/tyra-banks-quiet-gif.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's quite the tragedy Dooku never lived to 1500 like Another Sith God I know

carthage
Dooku throws a cruiser. They die. excellent

Dooku was amped when he tossed those ships tho.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Honestly idgaf great feat he's slightly below Vader now

|King Joker|
?v=vDlGpCq39j4

carthage
IMHO opinion manipulating ships isn't outside of his realm of power to begin with, he isn't weak like some bald loser with makeup tbh

Trocity
thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by carthage
IMHO opinion manipulating ships isn't outside of his realm of power to begin with, he isn't weak like some bald loser with makeup tbh

Palpatine? http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

|King Joker|
LOL

NewGuy01
Palpatine? http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

Not bald, n00b.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You got me b0ss.

|King Joker|
thinning... he's thinning

carthage
He's got hair down South, at least that's what The Tempest tells me

Trocity
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070114040528/starwars/images/9/9a/Palp_trustme.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.