Jedi Dooku vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red8
Round 1: TPM Maul
Round 2: SoD Maul
Round 3: Maul and Savage

Emperordmb
1. Wins
2. Idk
3. Loses

Kurk
Can definitely take round 1
Probably loses the other two

Lord Stark
Round 1: Dooku
Round 2: Dooku
Round 3: The duo for the majority. Dooku still takes some rounds.

SunRazer
The duo defeat him every time. He probably wins a slight majority in the others.

Jmanghan
Dooku takes 1 and 2, loses 3.

As good as Maul is, Dooku beat Mace once in a duel. I guess you could argue it was long ago, but it still happened.

McP
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Round 1: Dooku
Round 2: Dooku
Round 3: The duo for the majority. Dooku still takes some rounds.

Darth Thor
Round 1: Dooku 8-9/10
Round 2: Dooku 6/10

Round 3: Brothers 8-9/10

Remember Jedi Dooku was "Most learned in the ways of the Force" and "the temple's strongest student" according to Yoda.

And though he doesn't wield the Power of the Dark Side yet, being younger can't hurt his martial prowess.

McP
^
How do you think. After he mastered the dark side, could he became faster or smth? If not, then I think that jedi Dooku has actually better chances against the duo. He's younger, has greater stamina, and might be faster as well. He's also already a master of TK.

Lacking FL wouldn't be much of a factor, sice S5 Opress is capable of defending himself against that (basing on full version of bros fight against Sidious)

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
^
How do you think. After he mastered the dark side, could he became faster or smth? If not, then I think that jedi Dooku has actually better chances against the duo. He's younger, has greater stamina, and might be faster as well. He's also already a master of TK.

Lacking FL wouldn't be much of a factor, sice S5 Opress is capable of defending himself against that (basing on full version of bros fight against Sidious)

Yeah I would think so. A 60year old Jedi Dooku should be better in Saber and Physical combat, but not as Powerful with the Force. Unfortunately all we have on the younger Jedi Dooku is accolades, but no actual feats. And I don't see Disney going back and visiting that time frame.

Still I don't think either Jedi or Sith Dooku will beating both Maul bros together tbh. I mean sure he could take a couple of wins under the right circumstances (given how Obi-Wan sort of did). But the Bros will always take a large majority IMO.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by SunRazer
The duo defeat him every time. He probably wins a slight majority in the others.

No they don't. The duo cannot even defeat Kenobi every time.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Still I don't think either Jedi or Sith Dooku will beating both Maul bros together tbh. I mean sure he could take a couple of wins under the right circumstances (given how Obi-Wan sort of did). But the Bros will always take a large majority IMO.
Agreed thumb up

ILS
Y'all motherf*ckers need to read Shadow Conspiracy. There are two explicitly noted reasons for why Kenobi managed to slice Savage's arm off, otherwise he admitted to himself he was deadmeat without them. And I am still unaware as to how people manage to take Kenobi slicing Savage's arm off as.. a victory for him over Maul as well. I wasn't aware Maul and Savage share that arm?

Just really confused with some of the answers in these recent Maul threads.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ILS
And I am still unaware as to how people manage to take Kenobi slicing Savage's arm off as.. a victory for him over Maul as well. I wasn't aware Maul and Savage share that arm?
That kinda confuses me as well

Nephthys
Filoni said Kenobi won the fight. Sam Witwer tried saying that they kinda drew, but Filoni said nope, Obi-Wan won that fight.

ILS
Ah, well that settles it then. I guess Maul really did get his arm cut off. thumb up

It's not like Kenobi could have won in any other sense of the word.. nope, Maul lost the fight. Totes.

Nephthys
Thats why he was running away from Obi-Wan, yep.

ILS
Had you paid attention to the episode you'd probably have realized his early departure had to do with his plans for gathering an army (which were at the time in jeopardy), and he also gives a shit about Savage.

ares834
The creator of the show straight up said he lost the fight.

As for this thread, not sure what Jedi Dooku brings to the table that suggests that he could beat Maul.

ILS
Quote? Preferably a link. From where I'm sitting Savage is the only one who lost anything in that cave. You don't chop off person B's arm and then get thrown into a wall by person A and subsequently be declared the victor in the real world.

ares834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8PEGa3Wq50&list=FLrKGT8JBJiLzK74wuMOt5sw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Around 13:55

ILS
Lol. Dude, when he disagreed with Witwer about it being a "tie" he made reference to Maul "losing his legs again" - as I suspected he's saying Maul lost the overall situation. He didn't necessarily lose a swordfight, hence why he still had both of his arms and only lost his leg by being shot.

This really isn't complex stuff.

Emperordmb
I'd agree with that, though I do have Kenobi>Maul as a swordsman.

ILS
Many do.

ares834
Originally posted by ILS
Lol. Dude, when he disagreed with Witwer about it being a "tie" he made reference to Maul "losing his legs again" - as I suspected he's saying Maul lost the overall situation. He didn't necessarily lose a swordfight, hence why he still had both of his arms and only lost his leg by being shot.

This really isn't complex stuff.

He's making a joke when he brings up the legs.

But no, he's is referring to the duel initially. Listen to what he says before that, "He's (Kenobi) a very skilled swordsman. So he's not going to lose that fight in that situation. It's really Maul and Savage who have kinda overextended."

ILS
Originally posted by ares834
He's making a joke when he brings up the legs.Yeah, but the point behind the joke is still pretty obvious. Maul didn't come out as the winner in the overall situation.
Sure.. they overextended. They trapped Kenobi in a cave and it backfired due to a combination of spacing issues and Kenobi fighting in an unpredictably aggressive manner, as said in Shadow Conspiracy. So Savage lost his arm. I'd count that as overextending because they didn't exactly plan for that to happen.

Now's the part where you point out to me where that equates to Maul doing anything past "overextending". He wasn't disarmed, nor dismembered. He wasn't personally in a losing position before he ended the fight. The only drawback was that his brother/apprentice was bleeding out next to him and he had a small army of pirates outside that he had a very loose leash on as it was. Context indeed, Ares.. context indeed.

ares834
So Kenobi wins. Just look at what Filoni was talking about earlier. Like you mentioned "context". thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
Yeah, but the point behind the joke is still pretty obvious. Maul didn't come out as the winner in the overall situation.

Well he wasn't joking here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVQitRfBWcI

Dave Filoni
At 10:32

"What I really took away from the screening last night though was that when Obi-Wan rose up with his 2 Lightsabers and Defeated Maul and Opress the whole place went nuts.."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.