Kyle Katarn vs the Hero of Tython

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Possible spite thread. Possibly not. Possibly not at all. mmm

Who takes sabers, Force-only, and then all out in this battle?

NOTE: If Katarn loses a heavy majority, add in Jaden Korr too.

Jmanghan
Even with Korr, the Hero still has more wins then the duo. He'd toy with them in Sabers. I think they could win in force with their combined power. However, in All-Out, Hero wins 6/10.

SunRazer
The Hero takes Kyle, but he falls when Jaden gets involved.

Deronn_solo
Kyle takes 'saber, loses Force power, and I'm not sure about all out.

Sinious
Not sure how good Jaden is in his prime so idk about R2 but HoT definitely wins Round 1.

Nephthys
The Hero takes this. I can see her winning even with Korr too. Korr is pretty legit though.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Kyle takes 'saber, loses Force power, and I'm not sure about all out.
Lulz.

Anyway, the HoT. Even with Korr.

Deronn_solo
Ehh?

Kyle Katarn was able to defeat a Darth Vader level Force user(debatable with power-scaling and such) - who knocked post DE Luke on is ass multiple times in their brief duel, before Katarn reached his prime (as the very writers of the game has stated Kyle gets more powerful with each installment of the series.)
Unless I'm missing something, I honesty don't see why Katarn winning isn't a possibility.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious
Not sure how good Jaden is in his prime so idk about R2 but HoT definitely wins Round 1.

I am going to kill you. My RT's been out for a year. :no1:

Jmanghan
Ehh?

Kyle Katarn was able to defeat a Darth Vader level Force user(debatable with power-scaling and such) - who knocked post DE Luke on is ass multiple times in their brief duel, before Katarn reached his prime (as the very writers of the game has stated Kyle gets more powerful with each installment of the series.)
Unless I'm missing something, I honesty don't see why Katarn winning isn't a possibility. Scans?

Or are you talking about Desann or Jerec.

The only person you could be thinking of is Caedus, who was whooping Katarn, even with other Jedi fhere to help.

Deronn_solo
It's not really scans, as it's more theory. Desann before obtaining a major boost at the Valley of the Jedi, was able to casually collapsed a bridge with a simple gesture - and after he received a major increase in power from the Valley, Luke, himself feared Desann's power and actively told Kyle and even himself to avoid a confrontation with him. But, Desann and Luke did in fact confront each other, and it lead to Desann knocking Luke on his ass multiple times, and escaping the premises.
Fast-forward in time, and we have Kyle Katarn besting Desann after he absorbed the powerful nexus that in the Yavin Temple. That leads me to believe, that Desann, at that point in time, was a Darth vader level foe in the Force given his initial telekinetic showings and subsequent upgrades.

This theory is concrete and it's something I just came up with so I could be wrong. Videos/scans/quotes coming soon.

DarthAnt66
EDIT: Actually, mmm.

ares834
Desann Vader level? Eh...

Katarn did beat Jerec though who was stated to be fairly close to Vader in power. Plus Jerec was massively amped by absorbing the thought bomb.

DarthAnt66
Katarn used Force Light on Jerec to subdue him instantly. I doubt it's something he could replicate again and there was no fighting involved.

Fated Xtasy
It's not really scans, as it's more theory. Desann before obtaining a major boost at the Valley of the Jedi, was able to casually collapsed a bridge with a simple gesture - and after he received a major increase in power from the Valley, Luke, himself feared Desann's power and actively told Kyle and even himself to avoid a confrontation with him. But, Desann and Luke did in fact confront each other, and it lead to Desann knocking Luke on his ass multiple times, and escaping the premises.
Fast-forward in time, and we have Kyle Katarn besting Desann after he absorbed the powerful nexus that in the Yavin Temple. That leads me to believe, that Desann, at that point in time, was a Darth vader level foe in the Force given his initial telekinetic showings and subsequent upgrades.

This theory is concrete and it's something I just came up with so I could be wrong. Videos/scans/quotes coming soon.

Luke also stated Desann was worse
than the emperor. Added that to my Desann RT(in construction) very instantly lol

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Katarn used Force Light on Jerec to subdue him instantly. I doubt it's something he could replicate again and there was no fighting involved.

Perhaps, never said otherwise. Just giving him the credit where it's due.

Selenial
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Luke also stated Desann was worse
than the emperor. Added that to my Desann RT(in construction) very instantly lol

I'd put that in the same vein as the Luminara = Dooku quote.

(That vein being ****ing retarded and nigh unusable)

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Selenial

meh, with Desann, there's some validity to it, as he, you know, has actually fought Luke Skywalker and has an impressive amount of force feats.

Versus Luminara, who, while impressive in her own right, doesn't really have much to back that accolade up.

|King Joker|
She doesn't need anything to back it up.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/569/170/301.gif

Nephthys
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
meh, with Desann, there's some validity to it, as he, you know, has actually fought Luke Skywalker and has an impressive amount of force feats.

Versus Luminara, who, while impressive in her own right, doesn't really have much to back that accolade up.

Theres no validity to it, because Kyle got pwned by a wounded Jacen. If Desann lost to him, theres no way he's comparable to Sheev.

SunRazer
I'm pretty sure Luke wouldn't have been referring to combat, lol.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial

Originally posted by Nephthys
Theres no validity to it, because Kyle got pwned by a wounded Jacen. If Desann lost to him, theres no way he's comparable to Sheev.
Tbh.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys

Well, when you consider what kind of Sheev Luke fought, it's kinda plausible. Especially given the casual level of which Desann can utterly destroy building structures and being able to fight with a NJO Skywalker. But meh. Think what ye wanna.

FreshestSlice
Desaan isn't comparable to Palpatine, any Palpatine, in anyway. That's like saying that one Jedi that collapsed a building in a TOR comic is Palpatine level. erm

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Desaan isn't comparable to Palpatine, any Palpatine, in anyway. That's like saying that one Jedi that collapsed a building in a TOR comic is Palpatine level. erm

I said it's "plausible" and that "there's some validity" to that comment, FS. Not that he's comparable to the Emperor.

EmperorSidious2
Kyle Katarn

SunRazer
There's no plausibility or validity to the quote, lol. Desann wasn't worse than Palpatine in anything except combative ability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.