TCW Anakin vs. HoT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
* Both Legends and Canon feats apply.

Setting: Naboo plains

Who wins?

SunRazer
At what point of TCW? If it's at the start, I can imagine the Knight winning. He's dead when Anakin starts to near RotS, though.

Nephthys
Anakin dies again.

Stigma
Originally posted by SunRazer
At what point of TCW? If it's at the start, I can imagine the Knight winning. He's dead when Anakin starts to near RotS, though.
End of Clone Wars Anakin.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Anakin dies again.
No, no. That's Bane. stick out tongue

deathslash
Originally posted by Stigma
End of Clone Wars Anakin.

No, no. That's Bane. stick out tongue anakin kicks in his teeth.

SunRazer
The end of the Clone Wars as in RotS, or the end of the series?

Either way, Anakin wins.

EmperorSidious2
Anakin takes sabers, and can get by in the force.

Stigma
The end of the Clone Wars as in RotS, or the end of the series
Last season of the CW animated series. Not RotS yet.

McP
Anakin

Trocity
HoT dies again.

carthage
Anakin should win.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Stigma
Last season of the CW animated series. Not RotS yet.

Anakin still wins.

AncientPower
Good fight, Hero should be smarter, certainly has the strength and skill to hold his own outright. Hero might be able to win via Force but I don't see a sabers win against someone this prodigal.

FreshestSlice
Lulz, the HoT is known for their amazing intellect.

Anyway, Anakin. Greater in literally every way.

AncientPower
Outsmarting Darth Malgus' otherwise 'flawless' lightsaber form by using his rage is impressive, that's a very Kenobi-esque tactic. Plus him defeating/killing Vitiate four times in a row is a pretty immense sign of combat experience.

FreshestSlice
This guy...

Not only did the HoT not defeat Malgus solo, no matter how many times you masterbatorially keep posting that, but he didn't even defeat Vitiate four times in a row. Or any times for that matter. He fought a crippled Emperor on Kaas, and a few possessed maniacs on Ziost. That's it. Even then, that being the HoT isn't even guaranteed.

Nephthys
The Hero doesn't exactly need to be that smart to be smarter than Anakin.

The_Tempest
Nah, Anakin's pretty sharp.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Lulz, the HoT is known for their amazing intellect.

Anyway, Anakin. Greater in literally every way. Except saber ability, which the HoT specializes in, being a Jedi Guardian and all.

carthage
This guy...

Not only did the HoT not defeat Malgus solo, no matter how many times you masterbatorially keep posting that, but he didn't even defeat Vitiate four times in a row. Or any times for that matter. He fought a crippled Emperor on Kaas, and a few possessed maniacs on Ziost. That's it. Even then, that being the HoT isn't even guaranteed.

thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Except saber ability

No.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Except saber ability, which the HoT specializes in, being a Jedi Guardian and all.
Which is actually the most retarded thing said yet since Anakin is, you know, a Jedi Guardian.

AncientPower
This guy...

It's one of numerous possibilities supported by actual story developments.

Defeated Kira possessed by Vitiate.
Killed the Voice on Kaas.
Defeated Surro possessed by Vitiate.
KOTFE Spoilers: Assassinates Valkorion in the light side path

If you really need to power scale here we know the HoT is much more powerful and skilled than the likes of Aryn Leneer and Gnost-Dural.

DarthAnt66
Arann assassinates Vitiate, not the Hero, lol.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
It's one of numerous possibilities supported by actual story developments.

And none of those possibilities happened because canonically, the HoT went with three of his best buddies and fought Malgus until he fell down a shaft.

Which is not Vitiate, and was a weak CoE at that.

Still not Vitiate at anything remotely close to resembling his true power.

Not Vitiate. Seriously. It's Vitiate controlling the body of someone else, and unless it's a Voice, it's nowhere near as powerful as him.

Again, that's not even confirmed the HoT, but going off the assumption that it is, it's also with the help of Marr. Even then it's with the assumption that Vitiate didn't want that to happen, because the big bad of the entire series would totally be defeated at full strength in the Second Chapter of half of an expansion.

Who Anakin would completely tool. The HoT won't be tooling Leneer or Gnost-Dural.

Selenial
This guy...

Not only did the HoT not defeat Malgus solo, no matter how many times you masterbatorially keep posting that,

thumb up x1000

It's confirmed in about 167 sources that Malgus fought off a strike team, I don't know why people think it's acceptable to say "Malgus choked out four people" in one thread and turn around saying "HoT out skilled Malgus alone" in another.

The ****ing smuggler says he outdrew Malgus, you all happy to concede that Greedo could take Malgus on now or what?

FreshestSlice
While we're at it, the HoT also fought Vitiate hundreds to a little over a thousand of times, given the literal thousands Vitiate possessed on Ziost. Not one loss.

S_W_LeGenD
Hero of Tython is arguably the most powerful Jedi of his era. He should be able to handle most individuals including Anakin Skywalker.

RPG games don't tell you everything, they make a character's position murky instead. People used to argue that Revan had companions on his side who enabled him to succeed in difficult scenarios but Revan turned out to be a powerhouse in the lore. Hero of Tython gets similar promotion in the lore.

It won't surprise me if Hero of Tython is really strong like Luke Skywalker or Yoda in Legends.

This guy...

See below.

And none of those possibilities happened because canonically, the HoT went with three of his best buddies and fought Malgus until he fell down a shaft.
Members of this Strike Team are not officially identified. Therefore, it is pointless to discuss Hero of Tython in this context.

Still not Vitiate at anything remotely close to resembling his true power.
Yes, but Vitiate was still the most dangerous individual in the galaxy. Among all Jedi in the galaxy, Hero of Tython was deemed as the only Jedi capable of challenging and assassinating Vitiate's Voice. Even the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order refused to partake in this mission.

Who Anakin would completely tool. The HoT won't be tooling Leneer or Gnost-Dural.
Its really a stretch to assume that Skywalker can tool Aryn Leener. This hypothetical confrontation is likely to push Skywalker to his limits since Leener is a powerhouse as well (with solid feats).

Originally posted by Selenial
thumb up x1000

It's confirmed in about 167 sources that Malgus fought off a strike team, I don't know why people think it's acceptable to say "Malgus choked out four people" in one thread and turn around saying "HoT out skilled Malgus alone" in another.

The ****ing smuggler says he outdrew Malgus, you all happy to concede that Greedo could take Malgus on now or what?
It makes sense for the champion of one of the Force-using classes to be capable of challenging and defeating Darth Malgus but BioWare decided not to treat Malgus as a story villain due to the character's sheer popularity and/or additional reasons.

Moreover, BioWare would not want to give the impression that a Republic Trooper or an Imperial Agent or a Bounty Hunter can challenge and tackle Malgus , no matter how good a character of one of these classes is in the lore. Therefore, it makes sense to put Malgus in a setting which requires a Strike Team to challenge him (Flashpoint or operation). Since False Emperor is not class-restricted, a Strike Team based opposition makes sense from both lore-based and gameplay perspective.

I don't think that BioWare could afford to make False Emperor class-restricted. This restriction would have caused an uproar that Force-using classes are being favored over others in the game.

However, in a strictly lore-based context, it is not far-fetched to assume that a champion of one of the Force-using classes can outgun Malgus in single combat.

SunRazer
lmao

S_W_LeGenD
lmao
Remember these?

"You are stronger than any Jedi I have known" (Bengal Morr)

"I sense your power. Now I understand why Tarnis was no match for you..... Such skill. So much power. Impressive." (Lord Praven)

"You are the Jedi's finest." (Lord Scourge)

"You harness immense power." (Vitiate)

"The Hero of Tython. Your martial skills are legendary." (Lord Loyat)

"You are our greatest asset." (Supreme Chancellor Suresh)

- So now these are meaningless?

DarthAnt66
Given that Anakin has better hype than that, yeah - they are. thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Remember these?

"You are stronger than any Jedi I have known" (Bengal Morr)

"I sense your power. Now I understand why Tarnis was no match for you..... Such skill. So much power. Impressive." (Lord Praven)

"You are the Jedi's finest." (Lord Scourge)

"You harness immense power." (Vitiate)

"The Hero of Tython. Your martial skills are legendary." (Lord Loyat)

"You are our greatest asset." (Supreme Chancellor Suresh)

- So now these are meaningless?

Remember this:

"Skywalker is arguably the most powerful Jedi alive" - Mace Windu ROTS Novel.

Nephthys
Yoda could ragdoll Anakin imo.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yoda could ragdoll Anakin imo.

Probably yeah. Anakin's peak power was mostly seen applied in Saber combat. He hadn't mastered TK to the same level. That's why he never TK ragdolled the likes of Dooku, or even Kenobi.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
LMFAO at using Saresh as a source too.

S_W_LeGenD
Anakin Skywalker have better hype then any Jedi. Your point is moot.

LMFAO at using Saresh as a source too.
So a normal individual cannot have an understanding of capabilities of a Force-user? Hero of Tython have completed her assignments on multiple occasions and this was enough for her to formulate an opinion of him.

LOGIC, my friend. It is important.

DarthAnt66
That should only strengthen my point - not destroy it. erm

You are using Hero's hype as an indication of his superiority over Anakin.

Anakin's hype is better, so the logic of using the Hero's is silly.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

So a normal individual cannot have an understanding of capabilities of a Force-user? Hero of Tython have completed her assignments on multiple occasions and this was enough for her to formulate an opinion of him.

LOGIC, my friend. It is important.
LMFAO X2 combo
>Saresh
>logic

I don't think you honestly have any idea who Saresh is if you think her being a muggle is the biggest problem with using her as a source.

S_W_LeGenD
That should only strengthen my point - not destroy it. erm

You are using Hero's hype as an indication of his superiority over Anakin.

Anakin's hype is better, so the logic of using the Hero's is silly.
Hero of Tython is not an adequately explored character in the context of feats. Therefore, we are forced to rely on his accomplishments, reputation, hype and known information about his opponents to evaluate him.

Anakin Skywalker's hype is meaningless because it is absolutely clear that he didn't acquire the capability to tap into his potential on consistent basis and he wasn't the strongest Jedi in his era.

We don't really know who is better among these two but I get the impression from the available information that Hero of Tython is superior.

SunRazer
Anakin has plenty of accolades and hype relating to him as of RotS. Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, not all of his accolades relate just to his potential.

S_W_LeGenD
LMFAO X2 combo
>Saresh
>logic

I don't think you honestly have any idea who Saresh is if you think her being a muggle is the biggest problem with using her as a source.
I have played SWTOR and I know who I am referring to in this case. Your assumption that the supreme chancellor of the Republic is devoid of reasoning ability and cannot have a basic understanding of capabilities of individuals whom she had interacted with, is foolish.

Saresh claimed that Hero of Tython was the greatest asset of the Republic and her assessment has merit. What do you see wrong in this?

This is just like us (normal people) having an opinion about different Star Wars characters in real life.

FreshestSlice
Saresh is an outright idiot with no sense on how to do her job, lead an army, or make intelligent informed decisions of any kind, and using her a source just because you think she helps your little crusade with her own is a sign of both stupidity and reaching, to the extreme.

Nephthys
Considering all the Hero's done by that point, it would be stupid to disagree with Saresh's assessment. No other protagonist even comes close.

S_W_LeGenD
Saresh is an outright idiot with no sense on how to do her job, lead an army, or make intelligent informed decisions of any kind, and using her a source just because you think she helps your little crusade with her own is a sign of both stupidity and reaching, to the extreme.
Wait! Sareh is incompetent because some of her decisions were controversial? She became supreme chancellor of the Republic, people must have seen something in her to elect her for such an important role.

The_Tempest

fyi, you're dealing with a group of malcontents who believe that Muggles' opinions are like totes legit... as long as those opinions reflect their own.

just fyi thumb up

FreshestSlice
It doesn't bother me. Only goes to prove the point. Like I like how LeGenD thinks Saresh is competent given her current track record of getting pubs killed on a daily basis. Especially after Ziost.

Sinious
HoT is like the ideal warrior one would need. How HoT defeats his enemies is blurry since we only get to see the cutscenes but there is information out there that can help make things a bit more clear. He has the raw power to keep up with someone who can collapse huge buildings while severely injured/dying and has great skill and vast knowledge in dueling as the battlemaster. He is melee oriented but is also very powerful in the force. He is also confirmed to be physically strong, agile and acrobatic. Being the battlemaster by itself may not be enough just as the other things I've listed but when such skill is complimented with great strength, agility and raw power, it makes a Jedi a very deadly warrior.

HoT didn't have childhood traumas and the devil screwing with his mind all the time so his training may have yielded more fruit than Anakin. This doesn't mean HoT is more prodigious as no one is more gifted than Anakin. I think both Jedi has a chance but I'm personally leaning HoT.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Sinious
I think both Jedi has a chance but I'm personally leaning HoT.
LMFAO.

carthage
Anakin slaughters

Sinious
LMFAO. Go on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.