Black Lives Matter vs All Lives Matter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Which nonsense holds more weight?

Omega Vision
Black Lives Matter is a movement with actual goals and has an actual reason to exist. All Lives Matter is simply some platitude concocted by wellmeaning or not-so-well-meaning people who don't understand Black Lives Matter and what it means and think that Black Lives Matter means that other lives don't, or that other lives matter less.

/thread

Time-Immemorial
So Martin O'Malley who started it has lost touch, wouldn't Hilary have lost touch as well with the black communities?

red g jacks
both statements are false. next question.

Time-Immemorial
Haha so Hilary has touch with black communities? What is your evidence?

Henry_Pym
One is a hate group the other is a bumper sticker

Depending on your political stance of course.

red g jacks
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Haha so Hilary has touch with black communities? why does this sound perverted to me?

Q99
Which nonsense holds more weight?

Black Lives Matter.

The first is addressing an existent problem.

http://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/20141204-patreon.png
source

The second is trying to sound bland and positive- while really just being unhelpful at best, and often outright trying to talk over those addressing a problem.

Henry_Pym
You realize more whites are killed by police than blacks right?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Shh common sense and factoids are not permitted here.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by red g jacks
why does this sound perverted to me?

That won't get you out of proving Hilary has any connection with the black community. Hell her husband was part of a all white country club and paid homage to a KKK member.

Star428
Shh common sense and factoids are not permitted here.

thumb up

Star428
All of this "Black lives matter" bullshit is the direct cause of the white officers who've been killed or beaten up recently by black thugs. The thugs think they are justified in doing what they did to these policemen because of all the white policemen who've unjustly (according to their warped-ass logic) killed black men who've been breaking the law somehow. I just hope the bastard they caught for murdering the veteran police officer who was just pumping his gas at a service station gets his ass executed soon for his cowardly act. I'm sure his lawyer will try to get him off by using the "Black lives matter" BS excuse and ask for sympathy from the jury/judge. Hope the ****er burns in Hell.

Q99
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

Yes, but there's also much more whites than blacks total, and a whole lot of incidents are ones where the person killed was doing things that in no way should've involved the level of force that killed them.

A number of Police have a tendency to escalate situations with black suspects in a way they don't with white suspects. Automatically classifying black suspects as 'thugs,' not trying to de-escalate the situation with words like they're supposed to, yadda yadda.

Also, when white people get killed, stuff is much more likely to get done about it. People fired and yada yada. When black people are, the police officers often don't even get a slap on the wrist, and public outcry is often needed to get departments to do *anything*.

Whether or not the officers and department are held accountable says a lot on who is considered to matter.

It's also in media coverage and reaction- Black person gets killed by an officer after they had, at most, committed a minor crime. The media and various people immediately try and tar them as a thug, say the officer did nothing wrong, etc. etc., and basically tell people that it's ok for officers to err on the side of excessive force just in case. See Star here, for an example.

There is a difference in treatment, it is clear and sizable and well-document (this is a big thing, it's not like it's just a matter of opinion, the statistics are clear), how much varies location to location, but it needs addressing, and trying to cover it up by replacing specific calls for action with generic platitudes is bad.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Black Lives Matter is a movement with actual goals and has an actual reason to exist. All Lives Matter is simply some platitude concocted by wellmeaning or not-so-well-meaning people who don't understand Black Lives Matter and what it means and think that Black Lives Matter means that other lives don't, or that other lives matter less.

/thread Originally posted by Q99
Black Lives Matter.

The first is addressing an existent problem.

http://chainsawsuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/20141204-patreon.png
source

The second is trying to sound bland and positive- while really just being unhelpful at best, and often outright trying to talk over those addressing a problem. Originally posted by Q99
Yes, but there's also much more whites than blacks total, and a whole lot of incidents are ones where the person killed was doing things that in no way should've involved the level of force that killed them.

A number of Police have a tendency to escalate situations with black suspects in a way they don't with white suspects. Automatically classifying black suspects as 'thugs,' not trying to de-escalate the situation with words like they're supposed to, yadda yadda.

Also, when white people get killed, stuff is much more likely to get done about it. People fired and yada yada. When black people are, the police officers often don't even get a slap on the wrist, and public outcry is often needed to get departments to do *anything*.

Whether or not the officers and department are held accountable says a lot on who is considered to matter.

It's also in media coverage and reaction- Black person gets killed by an officer after they had, at most, committed a minor crime. The media and various people immediately try and tar them as a thug, say the officer did nothing wrong, etc. etc., and basically tell people that it's ok for officers to err on the side of excessive force just in case. See Star here, for an example.

There is a difference in treatment, it is clear and sizable and well-document (this is a big thing, it's not like it's just a matter of opinion, the statistics are clear), how much varies location to location, but it needs addressing, and trying to cover it up by replacing specific calls for action with generic platitudes is bad.

This covers it.

"All Lives Matter" is a meaningless tag that anyone can subscribe to without having to think about what it means. "Black Lives Matter" addresses an actual issue in society.

Bentley
What? All Lives Matter isn't about forbidding us to eat living beings that did not pass away for natural causes?

I feel cheated.

Stoic
Originally posted by Star428
All of this "Black lives matter" bullshit is the direct cause of the white officers who've been killed or beaten up recently by black thugs. The thugs think they are justified in doing what they did to these policemen because of all the white policemen who've unjustly (according to their warped-ass logic) killed black men who've been breaking the law somehow. I just hope the bastard they caught for murdering the veteran police officer who was just pumping his gas at a service station gets his ass executed soon for his cowardly act. I'm sure his lawyer will try to get him off by using the "Black lives matter" BS excuse and ask for sympathy from the jury/judge. Hope the ****er burns in Hell.

What about the white man that shot a police officer in the head when the
cop was just trying to help him? These people that are committing
murder aren't well mentally. You can't exactly place a color on mental
illnesses. Can you? The same thing applies for the black man that shot
the cop 15 times. He was mentally ill, and has a file that actually backs
up his insanity. What sane person runs around randomly killing
people?

Jmanghan
All lives do matter, what kind of sick **** are you?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jmanghan
All lives do matter, what kind of sick **** are you?

Yes, all lives do matter, everyone agrees at face value. BUT we know statistically that to police officers, black lives matter less...that's why they need to be taught that black lives matter.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, all lives do matter, everyone agrees at face value. BUT we know statistically that to police officers, black lives matter less...that's why they need to be taught that black lives matter. See, where everyone goes into politics with all this shit, I try to look at it in a Black&White point of view. (No pun intended).

This is right, and this is wrong. The police officers who purposely killed those black men and women for no reason deserve what the blacks got.

However, it isn't just done to blacks.

What about that homeless white guy that police officers beat to death.

His father was also a police officer, so him being an officer didn't help anything, the courts didn't dish out justice to him either.

Why do you think people get so nervous around police officers? They do have a certain power about them, you can't hit them or fight back, you go outside having to worry about being KILLED by police officers, the people who are supposed to protect you.

Frankly, its sick.

However, its absolutely horrible that black people think they can kill officers and whites whenever they want, racism is always gonna be a thing. But, it shouldn't be.

psmith81992
I'm sorry, I had to laugh when I read that because it appeared you were being serious. If you can tell me their actual goals and then show me how they are going about achieving them (in a hilariously incompetent manner), I'll follow it closer.
Brb starting #JewishLivesMatter

Jmanghan
Originally posted by psmith81992
I'm sorry, I had to laugh when I read that because it appeared you were being serious. If you can tell me their actual goals and then show me how they are going about achieving them (in a hilariously incompetent manner), I'll follow it closer.
Brb starting #JewishLivesMatter

This made me lol.

Bardock42
See, where everyone goes into politics with all this shit, I try to look at it in a Black&White point of view. (No pun intended).

This is right, and this is wrong. The police officers who purposely killed those black men and women for no reason deserve what the blacks got.

His father was also a police officer, so him being an officer didn't help anything, the courts didn't dish out justice to him either.

Why do you think people get so nervous around police officers? They do have a certain power about them, you can't hit them or fight back, you go outside having to worry about being KILLED by police officers, the people who are supposed to protect you.

Frankly, its sick.

However, its absolutely horrible that black people think they can kill officers and whites whenever they want, racism is always gonna be a thing. But, it shouldn't be.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with this. It's all over the place.

Q99
See, where everyone goes into politics with all this shit, I try to look at it in a Black&White point of view. (No pun intended).

The treatment of the poor and mentally ill should also be looked at, without a doubt.

This kind of thing happens to black people more often than white people, hence black lives matters.

And you know what? If people chimed in and started adding #PoorLivesMatter and *MentallyIllLivesMatter in addition to #BlackLivesMatter, I'd be for that. "Hey, they're calling attention to a specific measurable and well-documented problem, let's also call attention to other specific problems and work together to raise awareness," is a logical and reasonable response.

But that's not what people pushing All Lives Matter are doing. They're trying to replace one call for respect for lives with a generic platitude that doesn't acknowledge poor or mentally ill people vulnerable to the police any more than it does black people.

Right. This is why problems with the police having it out for specific groups is especially bad.

Like, even aside from violence, in Ferguson, the laws were set up so that the police could give citations for almost everything, including 'method of walking,' (CNN link) for the purpose of extracting money from people... largely the black poor in the city.

Some nice stats include, Blacks make up 67 percent of the city's population, but are 86 percent of motorists stopped by police. Whites make up 29 percent of the population, but 12.7 percent of vehicle stops.

Black individuals result in discovery of contraband 21.7 percent of the time, while searches of whites produce contraband 34 percent of the time.

Another Source, the NYT "they accounted for 85 percent of police traffic stops, 90 percent of citations issued, and 93 percent of arrests."

White citizens of Ferguson are both much less likely to be stopped and half again as likely to be carrying contraband as black citizens, and get arrested far less.

Now, Ferguson is a bad case, but it is far from unique. The statistics even on a national level are also slanted- just look at the marijuana usage vs arrests stats. White people use more, black people get arrested far more.

What.

That situation is not remotely like reality- Black Americans notoriously get heavier sentences than White Americans.

The problem is that not only do police offers think they can get away with killing a black suspect and calling 'thug' or 'he had a weapon (when he didn't)', the data suggests they actually can get away with it.

Black Americans are treated worse than the US legal system than White Americans. That's what the numbers say.

Heck, think for a moment how both police officers could get killed because a black suspect is thinking, 'Crap, he's going to kill me,' because police officers in that area have killed people just like them and gotten away with it with their family seeing the killer continuing to walk around on the beat. Thus the suspect flees or fights back, because they really are afraid they're going to get killed and recent experience suggests they have a reason to be afraid. Which, bare minimum, makes it muuuuch more likely for them to run.

If the legal system doesn't treat a section of a popular as mattering, of giving them justice if they are killed, of ignoring blatant targeting of groups, then it's not good at all. The police treating the populace as an enemy rather than who they're supposed to protect is one of the worst things a police department can do, and it's all too common.

Q99

Goal one, bring to light the police treatment of black Americans in the US.

Oh hey, they're doing that, to great success. The Department of Justice launched a major investigation of Ferguson, here's a national news article tracking arrests after the report, and now when new incidents happen, they're actually making the news rather than being brushed to the side. The mere fact that black death by police hands and other incidents of abhorrent behavior are being reported on is a major improvement.

The methods, of course, being peaceful protests, calls to social media, and using that to draw attention to the subject.

psmith81992
Step one should be to reduce black on black crime, which makes cop treatment look irrelevant. Step two should be to reduce violent protests, which makes their cause look silly.

Bardock42
Step one should be to reduce black on black crime, which makes cop treatment look irrelevant. Step two should be to reduce violent protests, which makes their cause look silly.

More thorough teaching of police officers, as well as reinstating a trust in the police force in black communities, is a huge part of reducing black on black crime (I do agree with you that there are other parts that are also important, like ending the war on drugs, weakening the prison industry, offering good and safe primary educational opportunities, extending social welfare, furthering black people in secondary education and the job market).

Additionally though, police officers are public servants, we the people pay their salary, we can and should work on the issue where we can have the biggest direct impact.

Bentley

I don't get it. Aren't they pacifist? How come pacifism is made look silly by violence?

psmith81992
They only pretend to be pacifists

@Bardock
Are you positing that law enforcement is responsible for the ongoing black on black crimes or just that teaching police officers and gaining trust will reduce black on black crime? Because if it's the former, I completely disagree. Black on black crime is predominantly responsible for black deaths, which is why I find #blacklivesmatter to be a little silly. Focus on stopping murders of your own group before expanding awareness and blame on others.

Q99

Best way to reduce black on black crime:

Give black communities reliable, trustworthy police forces they can report crime to without worrying about something happening to them.

That's one of the side-effects of bad policing. It makes the people vulnerable not just to the police, but other crime. It absolutely has to do with cop treatment.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Q99
Best way to reduce black on black crime:

Give black communities reliable, trustworthy police forces they can report crime to without worrying about something happening to them.

That's one of the side-effects of bad policing. It makes the people vulnerable not just to the police, but other crime. It absolutely has to do with cop treatment.

That's blaming the police for black on black crime instead of the communities. I think it has little to do with police treatment or even involvement. Reducing poverty and fighting the drug problem are how you reduce black on black crime, keeping the focus on those actually responsible.

Bardock42
They only pretend to be pacifists

@Bardock
Are you positing that law enforcement is responsible for the ongoing black on black crimes or just that teaching police officers and gaining trust will reduce black on black crime? Because if it's the former, I completely disagree. Black on black crime is predominantly responsible for black deaths, which is why I find #blacklivesmatter to be a little silly. Focus on stopping murders of your own group before expanding awareness and blame on others.

I am saying both, that the historic and continued racism in the police force is one, but not the sole, cause of black on black crime, and curbing it is one lever that can be used to decrease that crime.

Bentley
I thought communities prevailed because of the perception that people outside the community won't care about their members. In that case, the perception they have of public services and politicians is actually critical to solve their problems.

psmith81992
I am saying both, that the historic and continued racism in the police force is one, but not the sole, cause of black on black crime, and curbing it is one lever that can be used to decrease that crime.

How does historic and continued (although much much reduced despite people saying otherwise) racism contributes to black on black crime?

Bardock42
How does historic and continued (although much much reduced despite people saying otherwise) racism contributes to black on black crime?
I'll paraphrase Q99

If black communities don't have a reliable, trustworthy police force they can report crime to without worrying about something happening to them, it destroys much of the benefits that a police force actually has. Therefore crime can thrive.

psmith81992
I'll paraphrase Q99

If black communities don't have a reliable, trustworthy police force they can report crime to without worrying about something happening to them, it destroys much of the benefits that a police force actually has. Therefore crime can thrive.

Oh I see, ok granted but to me that's a small portion of black on black crime as opposed to poverty and drug use.

Bentley
Oh I see, ok granted but to me that's a small portion of black on black crime as opposed to poverty and drug use.

It's easier to fix than poverty and drugs though.

Unrelated note: Is it true that poor kids get out of the school system much more than middle class kids? I might be confusing european stats with those from the US so I better check my dubious claims with you guys.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bentley
It's easier to fix than poverty and drugs though.

Unrelated note: Is it true that poor kids get out of the school system much more than middle class kids? I might be confusing european stats with those from the US so I better check my dubious claims with you guys.

I think you are right. A good school system has a bigger impact on children from poorer or dysfunctional household.

Newjak
Oh I see, ok granted but to me that's a small portion of black on black crime as opposed to poverty and drug use. There are many factors contributing to poor communities that lead to large crime rates. A lot of them tend to be interconnected.

One of the pillars of keeping safe communities though is having a reliable police force the community can trust.

Mindset
No lives matter.

dadudemon
Are we arguing that a trustworthy, unbiased, hard-working police force is essential to stop black on black crime (and that this point is standing in contrast to PSmith's notion that poverty and drugs are the real causes of black on black crime)?

If so, I'd list these, in this order:

1. Subculture.
2. Education.
3. Poverty.
4. Drugs.

102. Reliable, trustworthy, unbiased, hard-working police force.

At the risk of cherry picking, some communities don't even have police and they have absurdly low crime rates. I don't see police as being a major factor in stopping black on black crime. In sociology, it is always discussed as a poverty, education, and culture issue, not a "law enforcement" issue.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with this. It's all over the place.

It seemed easy to understand to me.

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindset
No lives matter. Ah Mindset to the rescue. How have you been buddy?

Surtur
I find the black lives matter to be more nonsensical because it's actually not true. Just like "hands up don't shoot" wasn't true. We can call a spade a spade: it's not black lives matter. It's..black lives matter when taken by white cops. If black lives in general mattered blacks would not be the biggest killer of blacks in this country.

It's hard to see a group go on about how black lives matter when if you look at the statistics..clearly black lives don't matter all that much to the people of said group. Excuses will be given as to why blacks kill so many other blacks, while the cops will merely just be outright demonized.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
I find the black lives matter to be more nonsensical because it's actually not true. Just like "hands up don't shoot" wasn't true. We can call a spade a spade: it's not black lives matter. It's..black lives matter when taken by white cops. If black lives in general mattered blacks would not be the biggest killer of blacks in this country.

It's hard to see a group go on about how black lives matter when if you look at the statistics..clearly black lives don't matter all that much.

I hate to piggy-back on a post like this but if you include abortions, like many in the black community do, then they kill hundreds of thousands or millions of black lives before they even get a chance to be born, each year.

Surtur
Also keep in mind people will use these rare instances of police brutality in order to generalize all cops. Yet these same people would cry "racism" if someone were generalizing a specific race as nothing but criminals.

But it has to be an all or nothing thing for me. If we're going to judge entire groups of people based on the actions of a few then we do that across the board or we don't do it at all.

Newjak
Also keep in mind people will use these rare instances of police brutality in order to generalize all cops. Yet these same people would cry "racism" if someone were generalizing a specific race as nothing but criminals.

But it has to be an all or nothing thing for me. If we're going to judge entire groups of people based on the actions of a few then we do that across the board or we don't do it at all. Most people, at least on KMC, are not generalizing cops though by saying all/most cops are bad. They are looking at statistical trends in how cops interact with various races which shows that in general the justice system seems to have a bias against blacks.

Whether you like it or not it, whether it is a handful of people or not it is happening.

Surtur
Originally posted by Newjak
Most people, at least on KMC, are not generalizing cops though by saying all/most cops are bad. They are looking at statistical trends in how cops interact with various races which shows that in general the justice system seems to have a bias against blacks.

Whether you like it or not it, whether it is a handful of people or not it is happening.

I wasn't talking about people specifically at KMC, but in general..I'm sure you've read articles before about police brutality and have seen people commenting and lumping in all cops into the same category.

I know that it is happening, but so is all that black on black crime. Yet there is almost a stigma with even mentioning the fact I just noted if it is a white person saying it.

Newjak
I wasn't talking about people specifically at KMC, but in general..I'm sure you've read articles before about police brutality and have seen people commenting and lumping in all cops into the same category.

I know that it is happening, but so is all that black on black crime. Yet there is almost a stigma with even mentioning the fact I just noted if it is a white person saying it. Well my observations about this seem to be slightly different then yours.

While yes there are people out there that generalize cops the #BlackLivesMatter movement seems more focused on the bias against blacks in the justice system then it does generalizing and saying ALL Cops are bad.

As to the black on black crime. Once again most articles/topics I've seen show that this is an issue that needs to be taken care.

I think the stigma of it comes from it being used as a casual way to dismiss the #BlackLivesMatter movement which is a trend I've also seen. People wave it so frantically to discredit black lives matter as a legitimate movement trying to help black americans that #BlackLivesMatter has had to fight back against it.

My best analogy is think of a car with brakes that are going bad and a flat tire. You want the mechanic to fix the flat tire because that is what you have money for and the brakes can wait a little bit. The mechanic refuses to fix the flat tire though until you also decide to get brakes fixed at the same time. The Mechanics says that if you only want to get the tire fixed you obviously don't care enough about your car's problems.

In this case the bias against blacks in the justice system is the tire and the brakes represent the back on black crime.

And this is the largest trend I've seen when people mention black on black crime in the context of the black lives matter movement. It's a separate topic and people keep trying to act like they are one and the same and because BlackLivesMatter isn't addressing both of those issues that somehow makes their movement wrong or invalid.

Robtard
This thread is funny-sad.

Someone says: "Save the Ca. Condor."

Assclowns respond: "Save all the birds!"

Time-Immemorial
Rob we know you are black. You live in SF, you are OK.smile

Robtard
That's confusing on many levels.

Lestov16
He cracks jokes because he can't refute your point

Robtard
I'm just waiting for inevitable 'shift the topic to Clinton' deflection.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16

I was not taking an opinion in this thread, read up before you speak up, minor.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
This thread is funny-sad.

Someone says: "Save the Ca. Condor."

Assclowns respond: "Save all the birds!"

It's actually more like..just pointing out all the problems the Ca. Condors face do not merely come from the outside, but a whole shitload come from within the Condor community.

Time-Immemorial
Don't forget the Delta Smelt.

Robtard
It's actually more like..just pointing out all the problems the Ca. Condors face do not merely come from the outside, but a whole shitload come from within the Condor community.

Nah, it's deliberately downplaying a legitimate issue (ie police brutality towards black people) by trying to blanket it with something else.

Sure, black civilians do kill other black civilians, that's a problem too. It doesn't do away with the other though.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Lestov16

And what point would that be? That this topic according to rob is "funny-sad", whereas in reality, intellectual discourse is what's actually going on?

Omega Vision
But don't you see how you're steering the subject away from the original point?

No one's arguing that police brutality is the only problem in the black community, but it's the issue that Black Lives Matter is concerned with and other issues are a separate matter. All Lives Matter ignores the fact that the value of black lives where many police and the media are concerned is in question, more so than white lives. It has a specific purpose, whereas All Lives Matter is a platitude created by people who don't understand the meaning of Black Lives Matter and think it's discriminatory.

Time-Immemorial
And what point would that be? That this topic according to rob is "funny-sad", whereas in reality, intellectual discourse is what's actually going on?

He ran off cause he spoke to soon without actually reading.

Typical

psmith81992
I'll argue that most black people don't understand what the black lives matter movement is about either.

Newjak
Originally posted by dadudemon
Are we arguing that a trustworthy, unbiased, hard-working police force is essential to stop black on black crime (and that this point is standing in contrast to PSmith's notion that poverty and drugs are the real causes of black on black crime)?

If so, I'd list these, in this order:

1. Subculture.
2. Education.
3. Poverty.
4. Drugs.

102. Reliable, trustworthy, unbiased, hard-working police force.

At the risk of cherry picking, some communities don't even have police and they have absurdly low crime rates. I don't see police as being a major factor in stopping black on black crime. In sociology, it is always discussed as a poverty, education, and culture issue, not a "law enforcement" issue.

It seemed easy to understand to me. I wouldn't put it so far down the list. And I would actually put Poverty/Education at the one two spots.

Anyways I wouldn't put it so far down the list because even in those communities you say don't have police they still actually do. And often times those communities can still expect quick responses to their pleas for help. Most of the time they can expect appropriate responses as well.

Bardock42
I'll argue that most black people don't understand what the black lives matter movement is about either.

Perhaps, but at least it has a meaning. "All Lives Matter" is just a "I don't wanna talk about the issue"

Omega Vision
And you can make that argument, it doesn't change the fact that black lives matter is necessary to force the issue, whereas White Lives Matter is at best a well-meaning bromide to avoid talking about real inequality.

As a white person who has no problem saying Black Lives Matter and who sees the difference between that and All Lives Matter, I really don't understand why it's so difficult for so many other white people.

dadudemon
I wouldn't put it so far down the list. And I would actually put Poverty/Education at the one two spots.

My conclusion is based off the Hispanic population which is, mostly, as poor or poorer and less educated than the black population, in the US. Yet they commit far less crime, per capita, and are healthier than even the white population. Clearly, subculture has a major player in these differences (because, usually, education and income are the big one-two for crime...except in this weird scenario).

Of course a sociologist (a serious one without a huge agenda for or against black people) is going to single out subculture as a major contributing factor to these differences.

Edit - Thanks for responding to my post. It seems people in this thread, in general, just want to continue in the circular arguments and pissing matches instead of talking about this topic in a more direct way.

Black lives matter, for sure. All humans lives matter. Black lives seem to matter less to American law enforcement when compared to other race demographics, though. And there is still systematic discrimination in corporate america against the black community. Clearly, black lives matter quite a bit.

I think the same things about "All lives matter" being stated in this thread are the same reasons why it is wrong to say all lives matter. I'll explain that, later. I have an interview to go to. And visio diagrams to make.

Robtard

That wasn't just my point though. I was attacking the attempts of some to try and dismiss the issue.

psmith81992
And you can make that argument, it doesn't change the fact that black lives matter is necessary to force the issue, whereas White Lives Matter is at best a well-meaning bromide to avoid talking about real inequality.

As a white person who has no problem saying Black Lives Matter and who sees the difference between that and All Lives Matter, I really don't understand why it's so difficult for so many other white people.

I agree.

fair enough

Newjak
My conclusion is based off the Hispanic population which is, mostly, as poor or poorer and less educated than the black population, in the US. Yet they commit far less crime, per capita, and are healthier than even the white population. Clearly, subculture has a major player in these differences (because, usually, education and income are the big one-two for crime...except in this weird scenario).

Of course a sociologist (a serious one without a huge agenda for or against black people) is going to single out subculture as a major contributing factor to these differences.

Edit - Thanks for responding to my post. It seems people in this thread, in general, just want to continue in the circular arguments and pissing matches instead of talking about this topic in a more direct way.

Black lives matter, for sure. All humans lives matter. Black lives seem to matter less to American law enforcement when compared to other race demographics, though. And there is still systematic discrimination in corporate america against the black community. Clearly, black lives matter quite a bit.

I think the same things about "All lives matter" being stated in this thread are the same reasons why it is wrong to say all lives matter. I'll explain that, later. I have an interview to go to. And visio diagrams to make. No problem I saw something worth replying to but I almost missed it because I didn't see your edit.

Also to be fair I never said Culture does not play a part but I don't think it plays the same as Poverty/Education. On the whole the Hispanic/Latino population doesn't have the same violent crime offenses but the numbers I think equalize when you look at poor hispanic urban areas and poor black urban areas.

Now that being said Culture is extremely important although I don't think it is just black sub culture and more of an American Culture. We tell people that if they are solely responsible for their own success and that if they are not achieving success there is something wrong with them. After all anyone in America can become rich with the right work ethic and if you're struggling to make ends meat it is because you're not doing it right. At least I feel that is a major driving force in Amercia's Culture.

Now you get to the Ghettos. The poor areas where the education is not up to par. What happens is that these people are taught America's version of success growing up but the only people supposedly being successful are a few that make Pro Sports teams or the Gangsters/Criminal Organizations. After all when your parents are having trouble getting food on the table but that guy dealing on the corner is rolling around with thousand dollar chains it's easy to see why a poor child is more likely to be drawn to that lifestyle. Because it matches our overall culture's idea of success.

Now I place Economics/Education higher than Culture because even within the same cultural elements we see in higher income higher educated neighborhoods a stark decline in organized/violent criminal elements.

Surtur
Sure, black civilians do kill other black civilians, that's a problem too. It doesn't do away with the other though.

It's a problem nobody wants to talk about as much..with excuses like "well, it's easier to get the cops to change".

And you can make that argument, it doesn't change the fact that black lives matter is necessary to force the issue,

But then they need to start using this to force more issues besides just police brutality then.

Mindset
Ah Mindset to the rescue. How have you been buddy? Pretty good, a little busy with school.

Still make time to post the occasional brilliant thought here, of course. thumb up

Omega Vision
It's a problem nobody wants to talk about as much..with excuses like "well, it's easier to get the cops to change".

But then they need to start using this to force more issues besides just police brutality then.
Like what issues?

The hashtag and social media movement are aimed at bringing the message to a broad (read: white) audience. If you're talking about stopping gang violence and other serious problems, that kind of campaign isn't as effective.

Really don't understand why you're so resistant to having an earnest conversation about the problems black people face as a result of systemic discrimination and white complacency.

snowdragon
Like what issues?

The hashtag and social media movement are aimed at bringing the message to a broad (read: white) audience. If you're talking about stopping gang violence and other serious problems, that kind of campaign isn't as effective.

Really don't understand why you're so resistant to having an earnest conversation about the problems black people face as a result of systemic discrimination and white complacency.

Yup enlightened.

Now I wonder how long it would take black culture to admit their own failures?

Mindset
Originally posted by snowdragon
Yup enlightened.

Now I wonder how long it would take black culture to admit their own failures? Smh

Adam Grimes
No lives matter.

Time-Immemorial
Hahahahaha

Mindset
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
No lives matter. Stop copying me.

Adam Grimes
Stop copying me. Can I change my name to Mindset Jr?

long pig
Black lives matter is just the black american zeitgiest of entitlement come to life.

Equality is not acceptable, only special privilege.

Time-Immemorial
kT2e8RIcXNM

Lol, pwnd everyone.

jaden101
I've got a really important issue I want to get trending but can't think of a catchy hashtag so **** it. I spent literally minutes trying to think one up but couldn't and now I'm bored.

Mindset
kT2e8RIcXNM

Lol, pwnd everyone. Why do people make these videos in their cars?

jaden101
Why do people make these videos in their cars?

Cos everyone wants to be artist taxi driver.

Time-Immemorial
Why do people make these videos in their cars?

Who else has besides your mom?

Mindset
Who else has besides your mom? That doesn't even make sense.

Omega Vision
Go easy on him, Mindset, he's not clever like us.

Star428
Who else has besides your mom?

laughing out loud

Mindset
I'm beginning to think Star is TI.

Time-Immemorial
Go easy on him, Mindset, he's not clever like us.

What have you done that was cleaver?

Time-Immemorial
That doesn't even make sense.

You tried acting like you don't know what I meant, clearly your smarter then that or I give you credit for?

Mindset
You tried acting like you don't know what I meant, clearly your smarter then that or I give you credit for? For your post to have made any kind of sense, you would have to think the guy in that video was my mom.

Star428
kT2e8RIcXNM

Lol, pwnd everyone.

thumb up

I just watched that. He gets it. Too bad there aren't too many like him. I'm sure most other blacks probably view him as a "traitor" or an "uncle Tom".

Time-Immemorial
"News flash, was you living 400 years ago."

Hahahahaha

Bentley

So solving problems you can solve and saving lives in the process is a excuse? Don't be negative. It's not as if people were stopping at trying to solve the harder problems.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bentley
So solving problems you can solve and saving lives in the process is a excuse? Don't be negative. It's not as if people were stopping at trying to solve the harder problems.

Sounds like standard politics to me.

Bentley
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Sounds like standard politics to me.

I don't recall mentioning stealing and lying to get sponsorship from private investors.

Q99

Mind you, better policing is one of the best ways to solve that problem.

How do you fight crime? Police, that's the traditional method, I think everyone agrees. Why hasn't that worked more in the past? The police treat them like crap. Fix B and then you're much closer to fixing A to start with. It's not just that it's easier to get the cops to change, it's that it is literally the cop's job to begin with.

Flip the phrasing around. "We aren't going to fix the police forces until you start lowering crime on your own." Notice how bizarro-world that sounds.

Mindship
kT2e8RIcXNM*applauds*
God bless you, sir, for your honesty, courage and compassion.

*chuckles*
"I had drill sergeants with better insults than that."

psmith81992
Originally posted by Q99
Mind you, better policing is one of the best ways to solve that problem.

How do you fight crime? Police, that's the traditional method, I think everyone agrees. Why hasn't that worked more in the past? The police treat them like crap. Fix B and then you're much closer to fixing A to start with. It's not just that it's easier to get the cops to change, it's that it is literally the cop's job to begin with.

Flip the phrasing around. "We aren't going to fix the police forces until you start lowering crime on your own." Notice how bizarro-world that sounds.

Great, because fixing the police problem solves the poverty and drug problem as well, how?

Bardock42
Great, because fixing the police problem solves the poverty and drug problem as well, how?

It doesn't fix it as well, but it still fixes something important. We can easily focus on multiple issues.

psmith81992
ERRR I misread Q99, I thought he wrote "solves the problem" instead of "that".

dadudemon
Originally posted by long pig
Black lives matter is just the black american zeitgiest of entitlement come to life.

Equality is not acceptable, only special privilege.

aahahahaah

long pig

Long time no see. Welcome back. smile

dadudemon
Also to be fair I never said Culture does not play a part but I don't think it plays the same as Poverty/Education. On the whole the Hispanic/Latino population doesn't have the same violent crime offenses but the numbers I think equalize when you look at poor hispanic urban areas and poor black urban areas.

If that's the case then I concede the point and you're right. I'll do some searching to see if that's what happens with the numbers. I'll be busy at work, today, but I'll try to get back with some results later today.

dadudemon
I think the same things about "All lives matter" being stated in this thread are the same reasons why it is wrong to say all lives matter. I'll explain that, later. I have an interview to go to. And visio diagrams to make.

Here's what I meant by that.

I'll abbreviate to ALM and BLM.

People saying that ALM is missing the point of BLM because black issues are difficult, hard, etc. are making the same mistake that they accuse the ALM people of. I don't believe it is intentional. But, basically, no one in the ALM group things black issues should be marginalized. But they don't think one particular race is more important than the other. Saying that the ALM group is missing the point is also missing the point of the ALM group.

I still think BLM is a shitty slogan/motto. It is intentionally divisive. It is also why I want feminism to abandon "feminism" as a label.

psmith81992
thumb up

Bardock42
People that support "All Lives Matter" further marginalize black people whether that is their intention or not.

Omega Vision
Here's what I meant by that.

I'll abbreviate to ALM and BLM.

People saying that ALM is missing the point of BLM because black issues are difficult, hard, etc. are making the same mistake that they accuse the ALM people of. I don't believe it is intentional. But, basically, no one in the ALM group things black issues should be marginalized. But they don't think one particular race is more important than the other.

Neither do BLM.

I don't think ALM is a group. I think ALM is a way to avoid the conversation.

Omega Vision
cleaver?
mhmm

psmith81992
Neither do BLM.

I don't think ALM is a group. I think ALM is a way to avoid the conversation. Whether it's a group or not is irrelevant. I think the point should be to emphasize that all life matters, one subgroup isn't more special than another. But yes obviously creating ALM sends all the wrong messages.

dadudemon
People that support "All Lives Matter" further marginalize black people whether that is their intention or not.
But they don't. smile

And that's the simple of the discussion. People like Bardock42 incorrectly believe any race is marginalized by statements of racial equality.

Seems odd that a racial equality statement is deemed politically incorrect, doesn't it? Very absurd.

Bardock42
But they don't. smile

And that's the simple of the discussion. People like Bardock42 incorrectly believe any race is marginalized by statements of racial equality.

Seems odd that a racial equality statement is deemed politically incorrect, doesn't it? Very absurd.

Weak statements of racial equality used to drown out valid complaints about different experiences based on race do further marginalise these groups.

Also, the simple of this discussion is you.

Hehe

Surtur
I just wish to these people all black lives mattered as opposed to just the black lives taken by white cops. I mean hell at the very least wait until you have more info before you protest a death. A protest can wait a few days in order to see if one is warranted, why is this difficult?

Also here is the problem with the BLM "movement": some people in it are pieces of utter shit. Some of them hate all cops. Did you hear what they were chanting after the death of that police officer? It was utterly disrespectful, and you know if cops began to chant disrespectful shit after a black guy was killed we'd have friggin Al Sharpton on a plane the next day to whichever city it happened in.

Newjak
But they don't. smile

Seems odd that a racial equality statement is deemed politically incorrect, doesn't it? Very absurd. I would normally agree with you except in the context of this case.

It seems that the bulk, or at least main, contributors to the AllLivesMatter movement have embraced this movement solely to attack, marginalize, or undermine the BlackLivesMatter movement.

The AllLivesMatter movement itself has obviously sprung up in some weird opposition to BlackLivesMatter. There is no debating that.

And in truth the AllLivesMatter movement makes me somewhat uneasy. And I shall explain why. Even if you think the topic BlackLivesMatter is taking on is trivial. Even if you think there are worse problems facing the black community that need to be addressed. The facts show that in the justice system in America there is an issue of racial bias against black people. From the odds a black person is killed by an officer, to odds of being profiled and stopped, to sentencing imbalance between whites and blacks for similar crimes.

By all accounts these are real problems facing the black community so by all accounts what BlackLivesMatter is trying to accomplish should be considered a good goal. Raising racial inequality awareness on black prejudice in the justice system.

Instead AllLivesMatter is trying to drown out that message and I don't understand why. They aren't trying to raise any other awareness about racial inequality. They only seem to exit to counter the BlackLivesMatter movement so that people that are against it have a motto to trivialize them.

Some examples that I think highlight my points are as follow.

Imagine someone going to an movement that's motto is equal pay for equal work for women and saying that's silly. I have a better motto let's say AllGendersMatter.

Another example is going to a Cancer Walk and telling the people there they should be ashamed of themselves. Why because all diseases matter and you tell them that they should be fighting to eradicate all diseases from the world.

Here's another. Imagine a rally to end Homelessness. You go up to their movement and say all people matter. Even those with homes so your movement to end homelessness is biased and you should spread my message instead.

Or someone going to a rally to raise awareness on the increased risk of HIV in the homosexual community and saying all sexual genders matter and this rally and movement should raise awareness on HIV for all sexual orientations and if they aren't they are bad.

I don't think any sane person would go to these other movements and say these things. They definitely wouldn't be embraced by the general public. So for the life of me I don't understand why the BlackLivesMatter movement seems to be the exception where we are willing as a group to say they are wrong wanting to spread a legit specific problem facing the black community. It's just odd.

Newjak
I just wish to these people all black lives mattered as opposed to just the black lives taken by white cops. I mean hell at the very least wait until you have more info before you protest a death. A protest can wait a few days in order to see if one is warranted, why is this difficult?

Also here is the problem with the BLM "movement": some people in it are pieces of utter shit. Some of them hate all cops. Did you hear what they were chanting after the death of that police officer? It was utterly disrespectful, and you know if cops began to chant disrespectful shit after a black guy was killed we'd have friggin Al Sharpton on a plane the next day to whichever city it happened in. To be fair in any movement you're going to have bad apples. Heck there were pieces of utter shit in the civil rights movements of the 60s. There were pieces of shit in India's quest to gain sovereignty.

psmith81992
Here's my problem. If you claim ALM avoids the discussion, BLM takes on the "look at me" attitude. At that point, you might as well have all the minorities create a movement. We don't need a BLM just like we don't need an ALM. We know black lives matter, we know all lives matter. Anything else is just desperately reaching for attention.

Newjak
Here's my problem. If you claim ALM avoids the discussion, BLM takes on the "look at me" attitude. At that point, you might as well have all the minorities create a movement. We don't need a BLM just like we don't need an ALM. We know black lives matter, we know all lives matter. Anything else is just desperately reaching for attention. This is my problem right here. BLM is taking on a look at me attitude. That is how movements work. They try to DRAW ATTENTION to a problem by drawing attention to themselves so that other people will see what they are moving for. Also not all minorities are facing the same justice inequality in America as the black community is.

And it doesn't matter if you FEEL there should not be a BLM movement. That's not how America works. All that matters is they feel that the movement is needed. It just so happens in this case that BLM is actually protesting a legit issue where Blacks face racial prejudice in the justice system. That's just statistics at this point that shows a problem.

And they ARE trying to desperately reach for attention to show that problem.

So once again I don't see how this movement is different then other special case movements out there that try to show awareness on a topic. Cancer, poverty, gender inequality, or movements designed to show increased risk of issues within specific communities. I don't understand why we are treating this one differently than the hundreds, maybe thousands, of other groups that exist like this.

Bardock42
Here's my problem. If you claim ALM avoids the discussion, BLM takes on the "look at me" attitude. At that point, you might as well have all the minorities create a movement. We don't need a BLM just like we don't need an ALM. We know black lives matter, we know all lives matter. Anything else is just desperately reaching for attention.

We know that statistically black lives do not matter as much as white lives to police officers in the US.

psmith81992
We know that statistically black lives do not matter as much as white lives to police officers in the US.

That's a very general statement regarding the entirety of law enforcement, instead of the small minority. And the police force does not constitute the majority of society.

Bashar Teg
"sweeping generalizations are only ok when i use them."

psmith81992
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"sweeping generalizations are only ok when i use them." At least attempt to make a point.

Time-Immemorial
People have a hard time refuting this.

kT2e8RIcXNM

dadudemon
Weak statements of racial equality used to drown out valid complaints about different experiences based on race do further marginalise these groups.

Thanks for pointing out a red herring.

Do you have something relevant to point out, though?

I mean, I haven't seen a single person who is about "All lives matter" who wants to:

1. Marginalize black issues.
2. Be racist.

The entire point of their opposition is that there are issues with many people not just black people.

But, I have seen plenty of racism from the BLM movement who are:

1. Racist.
2. Violent.
3. Supporting violence against police.

I'll write a post with the "5 paragraph meal analogy" that turns that analogy on its head to demonstrate the problem with BLM and decrying ALM.

Your liberal pendulum has swung so far left that you're now far right. Sometimes, you can be too politically correct that you're not longer being politically correct.

BLM chants:

"pigs in a blanket, fry em' like bacon"

BLM movement is racist.

Denounce it. Stop being a libtard. Jump on the ALM movement and target black issues, Native American issues, Hispanics issues, etc. Choose which ones you want to focus on helping.

Personally, my charity contributions with United Way (this program doesn't throw money at them. They provide food, housing, daycare, and employment assistance(and other things I'm forgetting)) are going towards single, poor, mothers. Among this particular demographic, blacks and Hispanics are disproportionately represented.

What are you doing to show that black lives actually matter, buddy bro? smile

Bardock42
Whether people want to marginalise black people or be racist doesn't matter, by perpetuating the "All Lives Matter" tag line they do and are both those things.

dadudemon
I don't think any sane person would go to these other movements and say these things. They definitely wouldn't be embraced by the general public. So for the life of me I don't understand why the BlackLivesMatter movement seems to be the exception where we are willing as a group to say they are wrong wanting to spread a legit specific problem facing the black community. It's just odd.

The BLM movement has lots of really shitty racism and violence in it. As many as 2/3 of the black people do not support or directly oppose BLM.

By the numbers:

"Thirty-one percent (31%) of black voters say black lives matter is closest to their own views, but just nine percent (9%) of whites and 10% of other minority voters agree. Eighty-one percent (81%) of whites and 76% of other minority voters opt instead for all lives matter, and 64% of blacks agree. - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2015/08/23/barely-news-two-thirds-blacks-prefer-all-lives-matter-over-black#sthash.FvhNvofs.dpuf"

A comfortable majority of blacks support the ALM movement.

As well as all other racial demographics.

Also, do you support the BLM group? If so, what do you think about their more violent and racist elements?

Time-Immemorial
Whether people want to marginalise black people or be racist doesn't matter, by perpetuating the "All Lives Matter" tag line they do and are both those things.

So basically DDM destroyed you and this was your rebuttal?

dadudemon

This is an untrue statement.

Here's a reword that accurately states this:

"Stating that black people are marginalized by the All Lives Matter idea is a red herring.* But supporting a group that has pervasively documented racial violence and racism tied to it - Black Lives Matter - is definitely racist or ignorant (chose one)."

*Stating the All Lives Matter is racist and marginalizes black people is like stating tax breaks for all Petroleum Companies financially hurts Oil Companies. It's backwards and asinine bullshit that requires a full head-in-ass insertion to justify.

So basically DDM destroyed you and this was your rebuttal?

Yeah, pretty much. It completely dodged all the points and just restated his previous words.

Bardock42
Like many people besides me have stated. "Black Lives Matter" directly tries to address an inequality that exists in society, the "All Lives Matter" crowd is a reaction to the former group, that achieves nothing but to silence the people that speak out about the problems. So whether the people perpetuating it are well intentioned, or maliciously know what they are doing, is irrelevant. When the Black Lives Matter movement is brought up, anyone that cares for true equality, should refuse to give the diversion tactic of "All Lives Matter" any regard or time.

psmith81992
Again, if the black lives matter really did address that inequality, then every "unequal" group should go out and do the same. We don't have 20+ ###Livesmatter groups out there because we know that inequality exists and we don't need a hashtag reminder.

Bardock42
A lot of people are unaware or don't care about the extent that the inequality exists. White people particularly can live their whole lives under the assumption that police treats everyone fair and equally. Additionally other marginalised groups DO have their own movements (many own movements) to campaign and lobby for them...

dadudemon
Like many people besides me have stated. "Black Lives Matter" directly tries to address an inequality that exists in society, the "All Lives Matter" crowd is a reaction to the former group, that achieves nothing but to silence the people that speak out about the problems. So whether the people perpetuating it are well intentioned, or maliciously know what they are doing, is irrelevant. When the Black Lives Matter movement is brought up, anyone that cares for true equality, should refuse to give the diversion tactic of "All Lives Matter" any regard or time.

You're literally just repeating the same things you stated before but with more words. Here, I'll sum up your point: "I believe ALM marginalizes BLM."

There, no need to state it again.

And you're still ignoring all the other points I brought up.

Bardock42
*Stating the All Lives Matter is racist and marginalizes black people is like stating tax breaks for all Petroleum Companies financially hurts Oil Companies. It's backwards and asinine bullshit that requires a full head-in-ass insertion to justify.

This is a faulty analogy. A more correct one would be that

"Interjecting 'All Companies Matter' in a hearing on whether Petroleum Companies should get subsidies after a spokesperson has stated that 'Petroleum companies matter to the US economy" hurts the case of helping Petroleum Companies by switching the issue at hand with a meaningless platitude in the particular context"

dadudemon
A lot of people are unaware or don't care about the extent that the inequality exists. White people particularly can live their whole lives under the assumption that police treats everyone fair and equally. Additionally other marginalised groups DO have their own movements (many own movements) to campaign and lobby for them...

There should be a poll out there, shouldn't there?

Something like, "Do you feel black people are unfairly targeted/stopped/detained/arrested by police compared to other races?"

Then compare those responses with reality. Do most white people think "yes" to that questio? If so, you're point is wrong. If not, then you're point is right.

If such a poll doesn't exist, then you're only stating things that are or are not true.

Personally, I don't think any of the white people I associate with would claim that white people and black people are stopped/detained/arrested/etc. at the same rates. In fact, it is so commonly known and understood by both races (white and black) that both joke about how absurd/stupid it is.

You may have to look under a rock to find the white person you describe, Bardock42.

Bardock42
Even if most people would answer yes to such a poll, there is a difference between knowing this when prompted and actually having internalized it or even understanding the extent to which it is the case.

dadudemon
This is a faulty analogy. A more correct one would be that

"Interjecting 'All Companies Matter' in a hearing on whether Petroleum Companies should get subsidies after a spokesperson has stated that 'Petroleum companies matter to the US economy" hurts the case of helping Petroleum Companies by switching the issue at hand with a meaningless platitude in the particular context"

Nope, that's a faulty analogy (yours). I literally just replaced the two nouns in your point with two nouns.

The only thing I have to do is find two related nouns where one set is a subset of the other. Finding two nouns that fit that criteria satisfies the point of the analogy.

Also, your new analogy fails to capture the situation, as well.

Here's an accurate version of your new analogy:

"Subsidies are up for the Petroleum industry. No limits were put on to which Petroleum organizations the subsidies can apply because everyone gets them. But, for some weird reason, Oil Companies want to draw attention to the fact that they need subsidies. Other Petroleum Companies indicate that everyone will get subsidies and to stop burning down the other Oil companies. "

Bardock42
Nope, that's a faulty analogy (yours). I literally just replaced the two nouns in your point with two nouns.

The only thing I have to do is find two related nouns where one set is a subset of the other. Finding two nouns that fit that criteria satisfies the point of the analogy.

By disregarding the context. You are right that what you said is syntactically similar, but it's not an adequate analogy of reality.

Bardock42
There should be a poll out there, shouldn't there?

Something like, "Do you feel black people are unfairly targeted/stopped/detained/arrested by police compared to other races?"

Then compare those responses with reality. Do most white people think "yes" to that questio? If so, you're point is wrong. If not, then you're point is right.

If such a poll doesn't exist, then you're only stating things that are or are not true.

I guess lets go to the polls then:

http://www.delaware1059.com/blog/post.php?postid=591

Wow...white people really are clueless...and your anecdotal evidence, once again, is meaningless

dadudemon
Even if most people would answer yes to such a poll, there is a difference between knowing this when prompted and actually having internalized it or even understanding the extent to which it is the case.

And what is that difference?

Speak more specifically on the issues, Bardock42. Don't keep make ambiguous statement after ambiguous statement. Actually talk about the issues. Get out of that word game comfort zone. smile

psmith81992
Not a great response to a poll that disagrees with your sentiment.

Bardock42
How does it disagree? It says 58% of White people don't view this as an issue, I've been telling dadudemon that I think most White people don't view this as an issue...

Do you mean that I wish more white people would agree with my POV (and the statistical reality)? Of course I would....

Robtard
The poll seems to suggest that B42's point was correct. Maths and such.

dadudemon
I guess lets go to the polls then:

http://www.delaware1059.com/blog/post.php?postid=591

Wow...white people really are clueless...and your anecdotal evidence, once again, is meaningless

"58 percent of whites said race had nothing to do with how police across the country decide to use deadly force,"

Huh?

"...deadly force..."

Oh. There it is.

The red herring.

Let's requote my post. Let's see if you actually captured my point:

"Do you feel black people are unfairly targeted/stopped/detained/arrested by police compared to other races?"

You didn't capture my point. But you knew that.

And your poll can be pointing to another issue: that blacks have a significantly higher distrust of law enforcement compared to other race demographics (this is true as I've talked about and cited, before).

Edit - I concede the point. You myopically focused on my anecdote as being the issue, however. You wanted to prove something wrong so badly (because I set up a very easy point for you to make...it's not hard to google for these types of things) but you just failed to contribute to the topic by making vague statements. Good job, by the way, on supporting your position. smile

Bardock42
Okay, so we all agree, white people are pretty clueless about he issue that the Black Lives Matter movement addresses. And the "All Lives Matter" interjection is at best a meaningless platitude and at worst a malicious attempt to silence people that speak for equality.

Robtard
Because we all know the reason for BLM is due to black people feeling they get parking tickets more.

dadudemon
By disregarding the context. You are right that what you said is syntactically similar, but it's not an adequate analogy of reality.

That's my line. Contextually, my point is correct. You're missing the point on purpose to be politically correct but are making the mistake of being politically incorrect once the issues are examined.

You have to go out of your way to miss-characterize the ALM movement to keep your point.

Do you support the BLM group?

Bardock42
There is no ALM movement.

Star428
Okay, so we all agree, white people are pretty clueless about he issue that the Black Lives Matter movement addresses. And the "All Lives Matter" interjection is at best a meaningless platitude and at worst a malicious attempt to silence people that speak for equality.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess according to you the black P-O-S coward who gunned down the the veteran police officer who was just pumping his gas at a service station in Texas was justified in doing what he did, right? LMAO. You're the one who's "clueless", moron.

dadudemon
Okay, so we all agree, white people are pretty clueless about he issue that the Black Lives Matter movement addresses.

Wrong. Some people are unaware of what the BLM movement represents which includes all races.

Also, I would say that white people are only marginally clueless about what the BLM movement.

And the "All Lives Matter" interjection is at best a meaningless platitude and at worst a malicious attempt to silence people that speak for equality.

Wrong. ALM speaks for true equality and there are many different types of people in the ALM movement some of which want to distance themselves from the BLM movement because of issues in the BLM movement.

Let's be clear that a comfortable majority of black people support the ALM movement over the BLM movement. Don't forget about that important piece of information, sir.

Robtard
Originally posted by Star428
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess according to you the black P-O-S coward who gunned down the the veteran police officer who was just pumping his gas at a service station in Texas was justified in doing what he did, right? LMAO. You're the one who's "clueless", moron.

Racist post is racist post, regardless of its non sequitur nature

psmith81992

http://replycandy.com/wp-content/uploads/Austin-Powers-Dr-Evil-How-About-No-Reaction-Face.jpg

Time-Immemorial
Racist post is racist post, regardless of its non sequitur nature
So the guy who guns down a cop for no reason then the black lives movement is not a piece of shit? What would you call him, honorable?

Star428
So the guy who guns down a cop for no reason then the black lives movement is not a piece of shit? What would you call him, honorable?

He'd probably call him a poor victim of white complacency who shouldn't be held responsible for his actions. "It wasn't his fault. It was the white man's fault". LMAO.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>