Phoenix Five Namor vs. HP Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
Who wins?

carver9
Namor kills him.

DarkSaint85
P5 Namor had some low showings (and high, of course).

Doomsday only had high.

On average levels, Doomsday wins.

abhilegend
Doomsday tears him apart.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday tears him apart.

LMAO, so Superman can kill him, but P5 Namor can't? He was shown to be WAY above Gladiator, but I know you don't care about any of that.

DarkSaint85
Superman never killed HP Doomsday.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Superman never killed HP Doomsday.

Oh. That's what Abby told me.

carver9
P5 Namor had some low showings (and high, of course).

Doomsday only had high.

On average levels, Doomsday wins.

What lows did Namor have?

DarkSaint85
Quote?

Because I find that extremely hard to believe that he said that.

Anyway, HP Doomsday fought a massively amped Superman, who was unable to put him down.

For every high showing for P5 Namor (taking a hammer shot from an angry Thor, snapping Rulk's arm like a twig) there was a low showing (Thing smashing his face, Cap knocking him out the sky? Def affecting him).

He had help when fighting Glads, btw.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
What lows did Namor have?

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/how-namor-broke-red-hulks-arm-2.jpg

Like I said, he then snapped Rulk's arm like a twig - but Thing still drew a rather large amount of blood from him.

carver9
So him bleeding and healing instantly is a low showing?

Blue Area Vet
Quote?

Because I find that extremely hard to believe that he said that.

Anyway, HP Doomsday fought a massively amped Superman, who was unable to put him down.

For every high showing for P5 Namor (taking a hammer shot from an angry Thor, snapping Rulk's arm like a twig) there was a low showing (Thing smashing his face, Cap knocking him out the sky? Def affecting him).

He had help when fighting Glads, btw.

Superman tore Doomsday in half.

Diana kneed Zod in face.

Yeah, I remember.

Blue Area Vet
That's not a low showing, dude. The brief damage he took and the ass kicking he handed out is all part of one incredible showing.

DarkSaint85

Instantly? He's still bleeding in subsequent panels.

The point is, blunt force from beings weaker and less ferocious than Ben Grimm can draw a fair amount of blood.

Whereas with Doomsday (faster than the Flash, I believe you said a day or so ago), he wouldn't stop, wouldn't let up.

Oh yeah, he was unable to KO anyone either. Even when pissed (Namor does not hold back usually, and the P force made him even more bloodlusted than usual).

Like I said, we take averages.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Superman tore Doomsday in half.

Diana kneed Zod in face.

Yeah, I remember.

That's not HP Doomsday....

Do you know which incarnation you're using?

carver9
Instantly? He's still bleeding in subsequent panels.

The point is, blunt force from beings weaker and less ferocious than Ben Grimm can draw a fair amount of blood.

Whereas with Doomsday (faster than the Flash, I believe you said a day or so ago), he wouldn't stop, wouldn't let up.

Oh yeah, he was unable to KO anyone either. Even when pissed (Namor does not hold back usually, and the P force made him even more bloodlusted than usual).

Like I said, we take averages.

He didn't have a single drop of blood in the last 2 panels.

Doomsday can hurt him but the damage will not be lasting.

Lol...read that thread again. I told Surtur I was messing with him. DD isn't that fast to me.

So you don't think Namor could've koed a top tier?

carver9

ABHI did say that version of DD and HP Doomsday were one of the same.

DarkSaint85

Quote? I don't really pay attention to most of the things Abhi says lol. I just have never heard of this.... 'interesting' theory before.

Adam Grimes
HP.

Blue Area Vet

I didn't say anything about versions, I'm quoting Abby. Why would he be bragging about Superman beating Doomsday if he felt it was an inferior version of Doomsday?

abhilegend
Lolwut?

DarkSaint85
I didn't say anything about versions, I'm quoting Abby. Why would he be bragging about Superman beating Doomsday if he felt it was an inferior version of Doomsday?

Because it's also a different version of Superman?

This thread is hella confusing. Are you just setting it up to bait?

Is it the Doomsday from Hunter/Prey? Because THAT Doomsday fought a really amped Superman, and Supes was unable to even KO him. Had to BFR him to the end of time.

IOW, was a far more impressive version of Doomsday than compared to DCnU Doomsday, who isn't even in this thread....I think?

Blue Area Vet
Because it's also a different version of Superman?

This thread is hella confusing. Are you just setting it up to bait?

Is it the Doomsday from Hunter/Prey? Because THAT Doomsday fought a really amped Superman, and Supes was unable to even KO him. Had to BFR him to the end of time.

IOW, was a far more impressive version of Doomsday than compared to DCnU Doomsday, who isn't even in this thread....I think?

How the hell is this bait? As I stated, I was going by what Abby said and provided the quote. If you have questions about the details, he's in the thread, ask him.

DarkSaint85
But he was referring to a different Doomsday.....DCnU Doomsday. And DCnU Superman.

DCnU Zod. DCnU WW.

None of whom are in this thread. Not quite sure why they are being brought up.

Blue Area Vet
But he was referring to a different Doomsday.....DCnU Doomsday. And DCnU Superman.

DCnU Zod. DCnU WW.

None of whom are in this thread. Not quite sure why they are being brought up.

Again, because of WHY he said it. It was obviously impressive to him, regardless of versions. If it's not impressive to you, that's fine.

DarkSaint85
Again, because of WHY he said it. It was obviously impressive to him, regardless of versions. If it's not impressive to you, that's fine.

The relativity between Superman/Doomsday can be different across pre-52 and DCnU, you know.

Adam Grimes
This thread... funnyanimation8

carver9
I'm confused. Which Doomsday are we debating here?

DarkSaint85
I'm confused. Which Doomsday are we debating here?

I am on carver's side. I too am confused. I thought we were using H/P Doomsday.

This one:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111123678/3955584-5430829419-35437.jpg

Blue Area Vet
The relativity between Superman/Doomsday can be different across pre-52 and DCnU, you know.

Yeah, but not across the scape of Abby's mind. Like I said, HE thought it was impressive.

abhilegend
Yeah, but not across the scape of Abby's mind. Like I said, HE thought it was impressive.
Are you really this slow? Or are you just pretending?

h1a8

Yes it is. It shows he can be hurt by forces far under HP DD. The law of healing states that a being can be killed or koed if they suffer sufficiently more damage than the rate in which they heal. Namor can be koed momentarily (if not killed) by HP DD force. This is an easy fight for HP DD. Not only does DD have grade A speed and can blitz Namor but his power and cutting ability will damage Namor significantly.

h1a8
Also, HP DD is not only faster and more powerful but he heals just as fast and also ADAPTS.

Blue Area Vet
Lol, so HP Doomsday showed absolutely no physical damage? Doesn't matter, it was by definition not a low showing being that he had one appearance which included fights with top tiers in which he dominated. You are beyond twisted in your assessment. By the way RULK is the character that breeched his skin temporarily, not Thing. Lowballing exposed. Then he takes some direct EP while he's down and brushed all that off.

You Superman fans are SO ****ING OBSESSED with hard durability you can't proper analyze power levels. Again, Marvel doesn't feature hard durability as a defacto super attribute the way DC does, plain and simple. P5 Namor by any count was far and above the top tier herald level, period, end of story. Start there and stop the lowballing.

Blue Area Vet
Consider this, DC lowballers. Gladiator has taken blows from Thor, Supreme and Hyperion with no physical damage. P5 Namor made Gladiator's face look like a rotting jack o'lantern before killing him. How the hell was he able to do that? Because he is exponentially more powerful than a top herald, that's how. I even had a hard time wrapping my mind around that beat down.

The Nuul
Glads fight with Supreme is not canon.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by The Nuul
Glads fight with Supreme is not canon.

Really? I heard otherwise. Why do you say it isn't?

The Nuul
Most if not all crossovers are non-canon. It's in the rules.

Blue Area Vet
Most if not all crossovers are non-canon. It's in the rules.

I heard the events of this crossover is referenced in Marvel afterward. It also took place in the 616 Marvel Universe. This tells me it's cannon.

Khazra Reborn
I'm assuming BAV doesn't know the difference between pre-boot H/P Doomsday, and New 52 Doomsday, and his bait thread blew up in his face.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
BAV doesn't know the difference between pre-boot H/P Doomsday, and New 52 Doomsday, and his bait thread blew up in his face.

thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I'm assuming BAV doesn't know the difference between pre-boot H/P Doomsday, and New 52 Doomsday, and his bait thread blew up in his face.

It wasn't bait. I think your post could be consider bait, though. I already explained why I mentioned it and I'm not arguing the point further.

Blue Area Vet
thumb up

Says the guy who doesn't understand the rules:

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

The supreme Gladiator fight was in continuity.

abhilegend
Was it? When?

Genii96
Pf namor rips doomsday apart....

h1a8
Originally posted by Genii96
Pf namor rips doomsday apart.... He doesn't have the strength even to harm HP DD. HP DD can sit there and let Namor beat on him and zero damage will happen. If you disagree, then what feats of strength prove, to you, that PF Namor can damage HP DD?

And if you manage to prove the improbable, then you also have to contend with DD's instant healing, flash like speed, cutting claws, adapting on the fly, and strength.

HP DD has the strength to literally rip Namor to pieces within a small fraction of a second.

leonidas
doomsday beats him.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by h1a8
He doesn't have the strength even to harm HP DD. HP DD can sit there and let Namor beat on him and zero damage will happen. If you disagree, then what feats of strength prove, to you, that PF Namor can damage HP DD?

And if you manage to prove the improbable, then you also have to contend with DD's instant healing, flash like speed, cutting claws, adapting on the fly, and strength.

HP DD has the strength to literally rip Namor to pieces within a small fraction of a second.

laughing out loud Never gets old. Actually, it does.

Prof. T.C McAbe
DD wins, and it won't even be a challange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.