UFC Fantasy Fight Cards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Alright, so this is the thread to make all your custom UFC Fight Cards, with names included, pictures if you want are also do-able, and fight predictions are also permitted whether you're predicting someone elses fight cards, or your own.

Just as well, it'd be preferrable if you named the PPV's.

Weight Class doesn't matter, just pick any fighter from any weight class to fight, as long as it isn't girl-on-guy, or guy-on girl.

I'll start in the next post.

Jmanghan
I decided to start off with interesting match-ups of just Bantamweight vs Heavyweight fighters.

Card Name: David vs. Goliath.

PPV: MGM Grand

1. Kid Yamamoto vs Ben Rothwell

2. Demetrious Johnson vs Shane Carwin

3. Eddie Wineland vs Frank Mir

4. Brian Bowles vs Minotauro Nogueira

5. Miguel Torres vs Stefan Struve

6. Brad Pickett vs Brock Lesnar

7. Joseph Benavidez vs Cain Velasquez

8. Dominick Cruz vs Junior Dos Santos

LETS GET IT ON!

StyleTime
Those poor Bantamweights would die. sad

Anyway, I assume we aren't restricted to time periods. My list assumes all these people are in their primes. Not really a dream card, but some fights I'd be interested in.

Fedor Emelianenko vs Randy Couture

Fedor Emelianenko vs Brock Lesnar

Gina Carano vs Cyborg(no steroid amp) II

Ronda Rousey vs Cyborg(no steroid amp) - they fight at Bantamweight

Jon Jones vs Anthony Johnson

Georges St Pierre vs Anderson Silva

Dominick Cruz vs TJ Dillashaw

Dominick Cruz vs Renan Barao

Josh Barnett vs Brock Lesnar

Benson Henderson vs Nick Diaz

Miku Matsumoto vs current female MMAtist's (she may have been one of the mainstream "greats" were women's MMA not so underground a few years ago)

Jmanghan
I wouldn't count the Bantamweight's out just yet, I mean, look at Royce Gracie back in the day beating that huge Sumo wrestler or beating Ken Shamrock, who as way bigger then him and was skilled enough to beat Bas Rutten.

I think Cruz is good enough to beat Dos Santos.

Eddie Wineland might be able to take Frank Mir.

Edit: Also, Fedor should take Randy, and absolutely beats Brock Lesnar, he's too much for him to handle.

Anderson Silva should take the fight against Georges St. Pierre.

Jmanghan
Card Name: Lion's Den

PPV: Madison Square Garden

1. Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs Nick Diaz

2. Bas Rutten vs Fedor Emelianenko

3. Maruisz Pudzianowski vs Bob Sapp

4. Ken Shamrock vs Cain Velasquez

5. Kimbo Slice vs Brock Lesnar

6. Chael Sonnen vs Jake Shields

7. Joe Priole vs Alistair Overeem

8. Georges St. Pierre vs Rampage Jackson

StyleTime
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I wouldn't count the Bantamweight's out just yet, I mean, look at Royce Gracie back in the day beating that huge Sumo wrestler or beating Ken Shamrock, who as way bigger then him and was skilled enough to beat Bas Rutten.

The size difference between those guys is nowhere near as large as bantamweight-heavweight. Royce also fought during a time when brazilian jiu jutsu was still a mystery for everyone, and fighters were less well rounded in general. That isn't the case nowadays.

He'd die to all the guys you listed too.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
The size difference between those guys is nowhere near as large as bantamweight-heavweight. Royce also fought during a time when brazilian jiu jutsu was still a mystery for everyone, and fighters were less well rounded in general. That isn't the case nowadays.

He'd die to all the guys you listed too. BJJ was a mystery? What about Helio Gracie vs Masahiko Kimura.

Which alsi backs up my other point, Helio Gracie was 80lbs. lighter then Kimura, and yet he still lasted a significantly long time.

Kimura was the 1. Jiu-Jitsu fighter in the WORLD at the time.

StyleTime
Kimura did judo and the 80 lbs difference isn't 100% confirmed AFAIK. Either way, Kimura dominated Helio the entire time. Helio showed true warrior spirit, but it was hardly an even exchange from my understanding.

Here, Helio's grandson speaks on it. "Kimura threw him every which way you could imagine. Like a ragdoll. He was just too strong."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gErppdxesiw

In a full on MMA match, the HWs wouldn't be limited to grappling only. They can just rain down punches when they get the takedown.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
Kimura did judo and the 80 lbs difference isn't 100% confirmed AFAIK. Either way, Kimura dominated Helio the entire time. Helio showed true warrior spirit, but it was hardly an even exchange from my understanding.

Here, Helio's grandson speaks on it. "Kimura threw him every which way you could imagine. Like a ragdoll. He was just too strong."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gErppdxesiw

In a full on MMA match, the HWs wouldn't be limited to grappling only. They can just rain down punches when they get the takedown. Its confirmed by Helio's grandson as well, maybe you missed that part.

Yeah, but he was defending his submissions and such.

Also, he beat Kato, who was 40lbs. heavier then him.

StyleTime
His grandson can't actually confirm the weight, and was already wrong about Kimura doing jujitsu. The only reason we can believe the part about Kimura ragdolling Helio is because the video clips clearly show that. Kimura was around 185 lbs. No way did Gracie weigh 105 lbs.

Right. Surviving a thrashing is still a thrashing.

As for Kato, again, way smaller weight difference than Bantamweight to Heavyweight, and MMA isn't grappling only.

long pig
Cruz is possibly the goat when he's healthy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.