SSJ1 Gotenks vs. SSJ3 Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Go.

NewGuy01
Goku, tbh. SSJ3 Gotenks would stomp though.

SSJ2 Gotenks is probably the closest fight imo.

bbrem123
BoG SSJ3 Goku?

juggerman
SSJ3 Goku and SSJ1 Gotneks were probably pretty even in power with the edge going to Gotenks imo. But Goku's skill and experience give him the win here

Galan007
I wonder what would time out first: Goku's SSJ3 or Gotenks' fusion..?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by bbrem123
BoG SSJ3 Goku?

Can be BoG, can be Buu Saga, anything you like.

Galan007
In the Z/manga-era, they'd be roughly equal. It would ultimately come down to who times-out first, imo.

In the DBS/BoG-era, Goku has undoubtedly been given much more of a push than anyone(save Vegeta), so he'd win.

bbrem123
^yup

Kento
Depends, is it a dead Gokou, or alive Gokou. Cause if he's alive an it's Z era he isn't going full power so he isn't winning. If it's dead Gokou, being equal, not having a real time limit, and being the better fighter mean Gotenks will time out first, and lose.

BOG era.. It would probably need to be ssj3 Gotenks.. and then the fusion doesn't have the time limit to last to try and win.

juggerman
Originally posted by Galan007
I wonder what would time out first: Goku's SSJ3 or Gotenks' fusion..?

Good question. My money is on SSJ3 timing out first. I will change my answer to Gotenks winning because of this.

If OP takes away the time/stress limits then Goku wins

NewGuy01
One thing to consider is how much more powerful than Gotenks Vegito is.

SSJ Vegito > Buuhan > Buutenks > Gohan >(2x) SSJ3 Gotenks >(8x) SSJ Gotenks

I mean, if SSJ Goku and Vegeta are that much stronger than SSJ Goten and Trunks, it's confusing how SSJ3 Goku would be losing to them tbh.

Time-Immemorial
Goku

Damborgson
Goku can take it.

Sj_Sharp
Originally posted by NewGuy01
One thing to consider is how much more powerful than Gotenks Vegito is.

SSJ Vegito > Buuhan > Buutenks > Gohan >(2x) SSJ3 Gotenks >(8x) SSJ Gotenks

I mean, if SSJ Goku and Vegeta are that much stronger than SSJ Goten and Trunks, it's confusing how SSJ3 Goku would be losing to them tbh.

In fact Ssj Goku and Vegeta aren't even remotely close to be that much stronger than Ssj Trunks and Goten, it's Potara Fusion (especially at Goku/Vegeta being also rivals) which is that much stronger than Metamoran dance.

As for the thread:

- If it is pre-Rosat Gotenks, I'd say 50:50 since both of them have a time limit, Gotenks has a slight power advantage while Goku has by far superior skills and experience.

- If it is post-Rosat Ssj Gotenks, then no amount of skills in this world is gonna save Ssj3 Goku from being horribly trounced.

Clearly all of this is valid for the canon (i.e. manga) characters; for movies, Toei's world and whatnot things change considerably.

Galan007
Gohan >(2x) SSJ3 Gotenks I'd say Gohan was 50%> SSJ3 Gotenks at most. After all, SSJ3 Gotenks and Super Boo were roughly equal--so when Boo absorbed Gotenks, his power would have doubled.

This is important because Bootenks utterly trounced Gohan. He could barely even put up a fight--it was a one-sided stomp in Boo's favor. Suffice to say: if Gohan really were 2x(ie. 100%) > Super Boo/SSJ3 Gotenks, he would have been equal to Bootenks, and therefore able to stalemate him for a bit... Which was certainly not the case.

NewGuy01
Are we positive that absorption just "adds" Gotenks' power to Buu like you'd add numbers?

Because honestly SSJ1 Gotenks was doing better against Boo than the latter was against Gohan. 2x seems like a fair estimation for the level of trouncing going on.

Galan007
Are we positive that absorption just "adds" Gotenks' power to Buu like you'd add numbers? No evidence indicates that Boo gained exponential increases when he absorbed someone. His growth appeared to be linear.

IOW:
Bootenks=Super Boo+SSJ3 Gotenks+Piccolo
Boohan=Super Boo+Gohan+base Goten+base Trunks+Piccolo

Both methods of fusion, however, definitely gleaned exponential increases.

Sj_Sharp
Originally posted by Galan007
No evidence indicates that Boo gained exponential increases when he absorbed someone. His growth appeared to be linear.

thumb up

Boo's absorptions worked like simple addition of powers, with the exception of when he assimilated Kaioshins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.