Clerk Jailed for Not Serving Homosexuals Marriage Liscences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Elected official choses jail over resignation or change in religious stance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage.html

psmith81992
Same as other thread. If you don't do your job you should be fired. Jail is overkill.

Time-Immemorial
She is an elected official, she can't be fired.

I agree, jail is extreme.

jaden101
Bit pointless jailing her. Nobody likes a martyr though.

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

This is what bugs me though. Elected or not if a person refuses to perform their duties they should be fired.

I also have to say you just pointed out why I don't think jail is that extreme. What else can they do? You just said they can't fire her. How else do they penalize her if they can't fire her?

Q99
Originally posted by jaden101
Bit pointless jailing her. Nobody likes a martyr though.

She was in contempt of a court order, and they don't have too many options for enforcing that.

And note- not only did she not serve marriage licenses herself, she refused to allow anyone else under her to do so, even though all but one (her son) said they would.

Bentley

That seems to be the problem.

Henry_Pym
The whole thread is a lie, she was jailed for contempt. She is free to go when she isn't contemptuous.

Bentley
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
The whole thread is a lie, she was jailed for contempt. She is free to go when she isn't contemptuous.

TI would never post anything misinformed or partial thumb down

Time-Immemorial

Omega Vision
From what I understand, this is a cluster**** of people being stubborn. Kim Davis refuses to sign off on same sex marriages but apparently would allow them to go through her office as long as they didn't need a signature (though I've also heard claims to the contrary--that this wouldn't resolve the situation), and the governor won't change that regulation.

The idea that someone can't be fired because they're elected is silly. Why isn't there a mechanism in place to impeach her?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bentley
TI would never post anything misinformed or partial thumb down

Read the article before you listen to other people's bs. It's as I stated.

BackFire
She should have just resigned when the law was passed if it was that much of an issue for her. As it is, she left the judge with very little options since she was refusing to both do the job she was elected to do and to follow court orders.

Surtur
I think this lady wants her 15 minutes of fame and unfortunately she is getting it.

She just needs to be fired. The notion that someone elected can't be fired is an utterly insane notion and how far does it even go? If she smoked crack on live tv, could they fire her for it? What if she stabbed an elderly man in the face?

Maybe one of the problems is we put systems in place that do not make any sense and make it more difficult than it should be to get rid of people who abuse their power. It's almost as if this "can't fire an elected official" was specifically put in place so shady ass people could be shady and not immediately be removed.

For me resigning is not good enough, because this still ends on HER terms. Why do we protect shady ass government workers? We'll toss her in jail for contempt, but f*ck firing her for not doing her job. Has someone pumped LSD into the water supply?

Time-Immemorial

I guess this is all lie to.

http://news.yahoo.com/rally-support-defiant-clerk-jailed-over-marriage-licenses-200436095.html

Nemesis X
So impeachment has been stricken from the books has it? Guess there's a new rule if you elected it, deal with it. Not good.

Henry_Pym
I guess this is all lie to.

http://news.yahoo.com/rally-support-defiant-clerk-jailed-over-marriage-licenses-200436095.html confirmed idiot...

The article even says what I said..., she was jailed for failure to follow court orders not because she is a bigot.

I'm sure you can't comprehend the difference.

Time-Immemorial
You a retard and a dumbass.

She's in contempt because she chose not to follow the SC court order.

Now step off child.

Do you know utterly stupid you sound at this point?

"It's all a lie"

Go to bed knowing you are a troll.

red g jacks
jail is appropriate imo

she's being an unbearable ****

waving her outdated, ritualistic obedience to an iron age god around, as if that were some get out of jail free card

*****, that only works in the made up version of reality that you're used to reading about in that holy book of yours

rudester
Ohh that ***** can burn in hell .... she even looks like an uptight horse face.

Esau Cairn
But she's okay signing divorce papers...like a good Christian she is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jaden101

You've just proven his point. She was jailed for contempt for not following a court order. It doesn't matter what the order is telling her to do. The offence is not following it regardless of what it is.

Q99
confirmed idiot...

The article even says what I said..., she was jailed for failure to follow court orders not because she is a bigot.

I'm sure you can't comprehend the difference.

She was in contempt because of the refusal to do her job for bigoted reasons. They aren't two separate actions, that is the act of contempt.

She's free to go when she stops being contemptuous, which would simultaneously be the exact same moment she stops her bigoted actions of stopping marriages she doesn't like.

Also, both of you, it *is* possible to make points without insulting the other person.

Henry_Pym
If you don't understand the nuance, don't act to instruct me.

I'll explain it because it seems like a lot of posters don't get it. It's like saying a racist person can't have a legitimate reason to disagree with Obama on a specific issue. You can say he dislikes the Potus because the former is a racist, and would be technically right, but you are missing the point.

Henry_Pym

Now step off child.

Do you know utterly stupid you sound at this point?

"It's all a lie"

Go to bed knowing you are a troll. it's funny how you agree with me, yet insult me in one post...

She wasn't jailed for her religious views, she wasn't even jailed for failure to fulfill her office, she was jailed for failure to comply to court order. You are being intellectually dishonest.

I.e Lying

Surtur
Her being in jail is a direct result of her religious views, but no she is not specifically in jail for those views.

If you could put people in jail for their religious views surely someone like Tom Cruise would be in prison serving a lifetime sentence.

Time-Immemorial
it's funny how you agree with me, yet insult me in one post...

She wasn't jailed for her religious views, she wasn't even jailed for failure to fulfill her office, she was jailed for failure to comply to court order. You are being intellectually dishonest.

I.e Lying

You are dumb, but whatever.

Time-Immemorial

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
Her being in jail is a direct result of her religious views, but no she is not specifically in jail for those views.

If you could put people in jail for their religious views surely someone like Tom Cruise would be in prison serving a lifetime sentence.

This

Yea its like people can't understand simple things..

Her refusing to issue the marriage licenses because of religious stance. Any one can try and spin all you want, wont work.

Literally the article is titled "Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage."

Some people are just hard core trolls..

"Oh she's not in jail for that, she's in jail for this"

laughing out loud

Bentley
Read the article before you listen to other people's bs. It's as I stated.

I got your back man thumb up

roughrider
Lady...if you are not going to do the job as mandated by the government and the (new) laws of the land, quit your job and get out of the way of progress.

That's the story as it should end.

Henry_Pym
You are dumb, but whatever. you are projecting because you can't see the difference.

Henry_Pym
This

Yea its like people can't understand simple things..

Her refusing to issue the marriage licenses because of religious stance. Any one can try and spin all you want, wont work.

Literally the article is titled "Clerk in Kentucky Chooses Jail Over Deal on Same-Sex Marriage."

Some people are just hard core trolls..

"Oh she's not in jail for that, she's in jail for this"

laughing out loud idiot, read more than the title.

You are spinning it because you're a bigot who can't stand progress

Ushgarak
Ok everyone, stop hurling insults at each other.

jaden101

Time-Immemorial
idiot, read more than the title.

You are spinning it because you're a bigot who can't stand progress

Are you purposely slandering? I never said said a word about it.

She was jailed for not following the SC court order based on her religious stance.

Until you prove otherwise. I'll stick with what I said.

Show me Spinning on this other then the facts.

Henry_Pym
I've literally explained it 3 times, in this thread. You won't get it and a mod asked me to drop it.

Time-Immemorial
No one agreed with you here.

My stance remained the same.

Q99
She's trying to get the contempt ruling appealed arguing the order was unlawful

And it's like, courts have the ability to issue court-orders to follow other laws, and she blatantly defied it, this is not anything unusual. It's a doomed attempted, though just about the only move she has.

Time-Immemorial
Some people take a stand for what they believe in, just like the people took a stand for the SC ruling.

All is fair in love and war.

FinalAnswer
And some people get held in contempt for not doing their job.

Time-Immemorial
Pretty obvious that is the case.

Q99
I have more respect for the ones who resigned.

Time-Immemorial
Hmm Hilary should resign/drop out as well, to save face.

dadudemon
Some people take a stand for what they believe in, just like the people took a stand for the SC ruling.

All is fair in love and war.

The problem is she is a government employee. She's not allowed to practice private discriminatory religious practices while on the clock.

If she worked for a non-government company, she'd have a different argument. In fact, I'd support her employer's rights to protest and discriminate against people IF they were a private organization.

They aren't and they are officiating as government employees.

If she wants to have religious beliefs in the work place, she needs to:

1. Live in a different country which has more freedom.
2. Not work the for the government.

Originally posted by Q99
I have more respect for the ones who resigned.

thumb up

Instead of making a mess at work and trying to get attention (you know how I feel about attention ploys by people trying to be social justice warriors), she should have resigned from her government job and taken her bigotry and attention seeking, elsewhere.

Hmm Hilary should resign/drop out as well, to save face.

Agreed. And she should apologize for her corruption and dishonesty and never try to hold a public office or indirectly influence someone in public office, again.

Bentley
Some people take a stand

She didn't.

Taking a stance is resigning and putting your family income at risk, it's actually taking risks from doing the right thing and not making a firework over empty promises and speeches.

She's sending mixed messages about the acceptability of her public function.

Time-Immemorial
I dunno why she does not resign. I would chose that over jail.

But she might think she's being a martyr.

Digi
George Takei on the matter:
http://imgur.com/gallery/eTOtsYz

jaden101
Originally posted by Digi
George Takei on the matter:
http://imgur.com/gallery/eTOtsYz

BOOOOOOMMMMMM!

Time-Immemorial
BOOOOOOMMMMMM!

Awe too bad you didn't write it, then it would have been BOOOOOMMMM.

Cheerleader.

Digi
So he can't say BOOOOMM! to something that someone else says? Seems petty. It was a pretty hard takedown by Takei.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
So he can't say BOOOOMM! to something that someone else says? Seems petty. It was a pretty hard takedown by Takei.

https://atome.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/boooom_atomeblog.jpg

jaden101
Awe too bad you didn't write it, then it would have been BOOOOOMMMM.

Cheerleader.

Angry that a gay Buddhist of Japanese descent knows your constitution better than you?

Thought so

Time-Immemorial
Angry that a gay Buddhist of Japanese descent knows your constitution better than you?

Thought so

You missed the point of the constitution.

jaden101
You missed the point of the constitution.

Is it to protect only people that you agree with?

Time-Immemorial
Look I really don't care if gays get married, so your point is lost on me here. Keep trolling.

jaden101
Most things are lost on you.

Time-Immemorial
Most things are lost on you.

Prove it angry European on the internet discussing American issues.

Robtard

Thought so

Ha!

Surtur

You are applying rational thought to an irrational person. This is like trying to apply real world physics to comic books.

She is also going a step beyond merely taking a stand to me. She doesn't believe in gay marriage..which okay, she doesn't have to believe and nobody is going to force her to marry a lady. She twisted her own beliefs into trying to legally deny people certain things. Despite the fact two ladies married or two men married is going to literally have zero effect on her overall way of life.

She wants to be a martyr, she wants to be the symbol for some cause. Because if that happens when she finally does resign or we figure out a way to get rid of her? She can go write some book or some other crap like that to take advantage of her "fame". She'll either be writing books or she'll be giving speeches at Christian colleges around the country.

I saw someone holding a sign that said "Kim Davis for President". I just kind of stopped what I was doing and held a brief moment of silence for that person.

Digi
Takei's family was in an American internment camp for Japanese during the war. Dude has a much scarier past than most realize.

Also, calling Jaden an angry European is ad hominem, and doesn't actually invalidate his opinion.

Surtur
Takei gets points just for the sheer fact he called William Shatner a piece of shit to his face.

Robtard

Star428
https://atome.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/boooom_atomeblog.jpg

laughing laughing

Surtur
Look at this new development:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kim-davis-chastised-billboard-erected-her-hometown-n426586

They put a billboard in her home town.

Q99

That's because you're simply smarter and more sensible than she is.

Time-Immemorial
Wondering why liberals did not have a freak out when that Black Lesbian Judge refused to marry straight people.

Where was the outcry from the left? Oh wait there was none.

Surtur
Wondering why liberals did not have a freak out when that Black Lesbian Judge refused to marry straight people.

It's possible it received no big outcry because nobody bothered to actual file any charges against the woman. Kim Davis wasn't the only one to refuse to do this, but she was the only one to have people go to the government about it.

Q99

Possibly because no-one thought it'd stand, and one doesn't even have to go to a judge to get married? She wasn't blocking people from getting married, she didn't have the position.

A county clerk is a necessary legal step in the matter, and Kim Davis was trying to use her office to block anyone in the county from doing so.

Bardock42
http://m.snopes.com/tonya-parker/

Time-Immemorial
Fail at covering it up Bardock.

Bardock42
Fail at covering it up Bardock.

Okay, so you don't see the difference that Kim Davis was jailed for stopping all clerks to issue marriage licenses to gay couples (she is now free as long as she does not interfere) and Tonya Parker didn't stop anyone from issuing marriage licenses?

Q99
Here's the thing: Pretty much no-one is required to do marriage *ceremonies*.

Just like you can't make a priest perform one for someone of a different denomination.

And heck, she directly passed them on to other judges that will.

It's not far from the plain opposite. Kim is trying to prevent gay couples from going to anyone in the country, while Tonya Parker is basically saying, "But may I recommend Judge (X) down the hall? They'd be happy to."

Time-Immemorial
Then the government should be out of the marriage business, it's a cash cow for them but let's make it a private issue.

Bardock42
Then the government should be out of the marriage business, it's a cash cow for them but let's make it a private issue.

While I agree with the sentiment, do you now understand why what Kim Davis did is illegal and why what Tonya Parker did is not?

Q99

That'd only work if one were to remove all legal benefits and recognitions- which most married people object to.

It's still a private issue who actually conducts ceremonies and such, the only part the government has to do is make sure the paperwork's in order.

Lestov16
Again, if this bigoted bytch wants to be a close minded homophobe, that's her choice, but by using her government position to enforce her religious views, she is blatantly defying the separation of church and state that this country was founded upon. Phuck her.

Time-Immemorial
You are not thinking fair and balanced. Why was the judge not held to the same standard?

Party and political affiliation aside.

She did the same thing and no one cared.

red g jacks
except its not the same thing

she didn't bring the process to a halt, all she did was abstain from participating...

still childish and she should still be fired imo... i'm done with this whole "you can't fire elected officials" thing... this is why democracy sucks.

rudester
Look at this new development:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kim-davis-chastised-billboard-erected-her-hometown-n426586

They put a billboard in her home town. poor Chocolate covered kimmy ... I'm sure she's getting hated on. It doesn't feel nice being treated different or unjust.

rudester
I feel like tweeting her and please Kimmy cut your hair and maybe do some highlights and introduce some layers..

bluewaterrider
I'm a little concerned about the news reports I've heard about the Oath Keepers pledging to give their protection to Kim. This is beginning to feel uncomfortably like a Waco situation in the making. I've got a nagging feeling we'll be reading about Kim Davis's death before the year is over. I dearly hope I am wrong.

Robtard
You are not thinking fair and balanced. Why was the judge not held to the same standard?

Party and political affiliation aside.

She did the same thing and no one cared.

B42 already explained it to you two times. Let me try in points:

-The Judge didn't block anyone from being marriage (Davis did)

-The Judge said she wouldn't perform any marriages until marriage equally existed (Davis was okay with hetero marriages; not homosexual)

-The Judge referred those couples that came to her to another Judge so that they could be married (Davis tried to block others)

Time-Immemorial
Double standard. If you are all for equal rights, then you would see it too, as you are bias, you are blind.

IT IS A DOUBLE STANDARD>your argument.

Robtard
Not a double standard, as I just explained the glaring differences.

You're just immune to any and all information that disagrees with your "truths".

Time-Immemorial
No you didn't El Capt'n.

Q99
Looks like this is over, Davis has said that she's no longer going to block deputy clerks from giving licenses (though she's still grumbling about how they don't have the authority).

Double standard. If you are all for equal rights, then you would see it too, as you are bias, you are blind.

IT IS A DOUBLE STANDARD>your argument.

You're literally holding the two of them to two different standards.

You're insisting that passing on people who want to be married to other judges (and judges are not even vital to the process) is equal to not only refusing to do it personally, but preventing others from doing so- and it's that last bit which is illegal, and now that she's no longer doing so there's not a problem.

So, you've got a big double standard here TI. You can't force other people into holding double standards by insisting two different things are the same.

rudester
But on a serious note should she loose her glasses and maybe lose a couple of pounds...maybe find herself a black man with a giant cok to shut her up? I mean seriously girls been married 4 times, she just doesn't want to see two men happy! Has nothing to do with god but to do with her bitterness...

Bentley
Originally posted by red g jacks
except its not the same thing

she didn't bring the process to a halt, all she did was abstain from participating...

still childish and she should still be fired imo... i'm done with this whole "you can't fire elected officials" thing... this is why democracy sucks.

Your take on it sounds reasonable.

Q99
Originally posted by rudester
But on a serious note should she loose her glasses and maybe lose a couple of pounds...maybe find herself a black man with a giant cok to shut her up? I mean seriously girls been married 4 times, she just doesn't want to see two men happy! Has nothing to do with god but to do with her bitterness...

I'm going to say, "No, just no." to this. We can disagree with and dislike someone without going after their appearance and talking about their sex life.

Q99
Oh, part of Kim Davis and her support's goals was to draw public support for their cause.

Here is the poll numbers before

Not far from the tipping point, right?

Now here are the latest polls

39% to 74% is an impressive swing! ... if not in the direction she desired.

Which just goes to show with these social issues- while the advocates can make a difference, it's often the responses to the actions that cause the social opinion to swing.

Time-Immemorial
Kim Davis has poll numberslaughing out loud

Q99
Kim Davis has poll numberslaughing out loud

Well, the issue, but considering how much focus in on her, basically yea.

Ascendancy
The interesting point to me is not this, but whether or not the Supreme Court in fact went beyond deciding if the bans were constitutional or not and actually made law by their decision as is being claimed. That will be the most important part of all of this is if the justices overstepped their powers in the scope of their ruling.

Omega Vision
I think conservatives should cut their losses on the issue of gay marriage and move on. Sort of like they have with Obamacare (it just got replaced by Planned Parenthood)

Time-Immemorial
When Trump is in office prepare to have your Obama care cut.

Btw why do you like Osama care, I bet you don't even have it.

Omega Vision
When Trump is in office prepare to have your Obama care cut.

Btw why do you like Osama care, I bet you don't even have it.
Lol. You're so mad.

No, I don't have Obamacare, and I'd prefer if we had actual Universal Healthcare.

Also, hasn't Trump basically suggested a healthcare plan that's more similar than it is different from Obamacare?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Lol. You're so mad.

No, I don't have Obamacare, and I'd prefer if we had actual Universal Healthcare.

Also, hasn't Trump basically suggested a healthcare plan that's more similar than it is different from Obamacare?

Why the hell do you care about Obama care, which BTW NO ONE CAN AFFORD, EXCEPT THE ILLEGALS! laughing out loud

Trump Suggested a single payer system.

long pig
Is this ***** fired yet?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by long pig
Is this ***** fired yet?

Go fire her, I give you full power to operate how you chose.

Omega Vision
Why the hell do you care about Obama care, which BTW NO ONE CAN AFFORD, EXCEPT THE ILLEGALS! laughing out loud

Trump Suggested a single payer system.
I don't really particularly care about Obamacare and I've never really been deeply involved in any debate about it.

Why do you keep asking loaded questions? Grow up and learn how to debate.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't really particularly care about Obamacare and I've never really been deeply involved in any debate about it.

Why do you keep asking loaded questions? Grow up and learn how to debate.

Quit drinking orange juice down there, its better in California anyways.

Omega Vision
Quit drinking orange juice down there, its better in California anyways.
Florida orange juice is so good, we have to import it from other states after it gets exported. California makes oranges for eating, not from drinking.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Really though, tell me what is good about Obama care, no one can afford it, much less the country, the deductible is too high and so are the premiums.

Omega Vision
Really though, tell me what is good about Obama care, no one can afford it, much less the country, the deductible is too high and so are the premiums.
From what I understand, lots of people are doing just fine with it around here in Miami. There are signs everywhere for it, and their offices are very busy with new applicants.

It's not close to being perfect, but it's a step up from what we had before: which was a system where large sections of the country had no realistic options for healthcare.

Last year when I was in Europe, it seemed many Europeans presumed from the vociferous reactions of conservatives in America that Obamacare was actual universal healthcare. I had to explain that it wasn't close to that, but that it was a baby step in the right direction.

Time-Immemorial
Ok but that is all hersay, go here

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=obama%20care%20prices

Then see what your premiums and deductibles will be, you basically have to die to hit the ceiling

Here is a calculator

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/09/30/226456791/how-much-will-obamacare-cost-me-try-our-calculator

Surtur
Originally posted by rudester

Married 4 times..it's like marriage is a joke to people these days. I don't know, maybe someone called her out for her skanky behavior and her feelings were hurt so she decided to go act this way. Who knows.

I just wish her 15 minutes would be up,, I also wonder how long until her next divorce and marriage? Seems like she averages one every so often. Makes sense to me she is a cheater, since cheaters tend to want attention and she sure wants that so..all the pieces seem to fit.

bluewaterrider

I just wish her 15 minutes would be up ...

"I don't want Kim Davis talked about any more.
So, even after the thread has gotten off-topic and we're NOT talking about Kim Davis anymore, and haven't been for several days, I'm going to start anew and talk about Kim Davis some more."

Time-Immemorial
Ok but that is all hersay, go here

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=obama%20care%20prices

Then see what your premiums and deductibles will be, you basically have to die to hit the ceiling

Here is a calculator

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/09/30/226456791/how-much-will-obamacare-cost-me-try-our-calculator

Omega? Im guessing you used the calculator and saw the outrageous prices and high deductibles, and the heresy you heard was all it was.

Surtur
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
"I don't want Kim Davis talked about any more.
So, even after the thread has gotten off-topic and we're NOT talking about Kim Davis anymore, and haven't been for several days, I'm going to start anew and talk about Kim Davis some more."

But she's been in the news still. I've seen articles about her, so my comment stands. Since I wasn't referring to her 15 minutes of fame on this specific forum. I mean there was literally an article with Davis when I first opened up my Comcast.net page today(which is my home page that opens up automatically). Ignoring the fact she has been mentioned in other threads here in the last few days as well so even if I was talking about this forum..well, you'd still be wrong.

Next time you decide to respond, read the words you are responding to. You tried to be clever and failed, we can just move on from here.

Omega Vision
Omega? Im guessing you used the calculator and saw the outrageous prices and high deductibles, and the heresy you heard was all it was.
Didn't see the post until now, and when I tried to use the calculator it didn't work for some reason.

bluewaterrider
But she's been in the news still. I've seen articles about her, so my comment stands. Since I wasn't referring to her 15 minutes of fame on this specific forum. I mean there was literally an article with Davis when I first opened up my Comcast.net page today(which is my home page that opens up automatically). Ignoring the fact she has been mentioned in other threads here in the last few days as well so even if I was talking about this forum..well, you'd still be wrong.

Next time you decide to respond, read the words you are responding to. You tried to be clever and failed, we can just move on from here.

Cleverness is not my concern. I'm pointing out that there is a disconnect between your words and your actions. If you want this woman to receive less attention, do you think you're going to help achieve that goal by sending more of it her way? How exactly is that supposed to work?

long pig
Fire the *****........out of a cannon!

Surtur
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Cleverness is not my concern. I'm pointing out that there is a disconnect between your words and your actions. If you want this woman to receive less attention, do you think you're going to help achieve that goal by sending more of it her way? How exactly is that supposed to work?

Since she was already still being talked about, my mentioning it wasn't going to have any real effect on it. I wasn't trying to achieve a goal, just making a statement. That is how this whole forum thing works.

If I decide to start a campaign to get the internet to get rid of any mention of her don't worry, I'll ask for your advice, deal?

Surtur
Oh by the way..about that woman nobody is talking about anymore? Up to her same old tricks it seems:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-altering-marriage-licenses-aclu-says-n431336

Bashar Teg
guess they'll just have to throw her ignorant hick ass back in the slammer till she learns to do her job.

Surtur
But hey come on her lawyer said she made a good faith effort to comply, surely that counts for something even though she did the opposite of complying. Kim Davis is a resident of Bizarro World didn't you know?

If people pointed out to her that there are actually GAY Christians, some of whom are already married..do you think her head would explode..sort of like when a robot is given information it just can't make sense of and goes haywire?

Bashar Teg
i'm still not wholly convinced that kim davis even exists. looks too much like dick cheney in drag.

Surtur
Boy I'd sure feel super insulted if I was Dick Cheney right now.

Surtur
There is one other thing I want to point out. I don't like the Pope. That isn't what I am pointing out though. What I want to say is that he said in his recent speech at the white house that we should reject discrimination of any kind.

So I am curious how Kim Davis will process this? I mean the Pope, like him or not, has just outright said don't discriminate, which is exactly what she is doing.

Bardock42
Well, she's of Pentecostal faith, so I don't think she cares what the pope says...

FinalAnswer
She isn't Catholic, so I doubt she cares.

Surtur
I know that, I was just curious as to what she would think since the Pope is one of the most powerful religious figures and he was saying this stuff from the White House.

FinalAnswer
"Damn Catholics, bunch of homo lovers the lot of them."

Surtur
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
"Damn Catholics, bunch of homo lovers the lot of them."

Or you could go the route of Batman and call them a superstitious cowardly lot.

Time-Immemorial
Has anyone been following this story recently?

Surtur
Which story? That of Kim Davis now altering stuff and not doing what she said she'd do?

bluewaterrider
I know that, I was just curious as to what she would think since the Pope is one of the most powerful religious figures and he was saying this stuff from the White House.

Are you even aware of what the position of the man currently in the White House was not so long ago?

He wasn't of the mind marriage was valid outside of a man-and-woman relationship, either. People have a disturbingly short memory when it comes to recalling things like this, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJ3V55ii-U&sns=em

Surtur
Well positions apparently change.

bluewaterrider
Well positions apparently change.

Yeah ... that Obama IS quite the hypocrite, isn't he?

hypocrite

: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

http://i.word.com/idictionary/hypocrite

Time-Immemorial
Which story? That of Kim Davis now altering stuff and not doing what she said she'd do?

Yes

Surtur
I have been following it. Heck, the first thing I see when I open up my web page this morning is a story about Kim Davis "opening up" about her time in jail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.