Force Drain (spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
So Force Drain is back in canon, thanks to Aftermath. I honestly hated that power and thought it should be non-canon. How does everyone else feel?

|King Joker|
Can you provide the excerpt?

Zenwolf
I always found it stupid mostly cause it was just some big I win card for some guys and having no real protective measures against it.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
So Force Drain is back in canon, thanks to Aftermath. I honestly hated that power and thought it should be non-canon. How does everyone else feel?

It exist since Dark Forces, not KotOR, and this power is kinda awsome....

There is some protecting mesure against it.----> Absobtion shielding... So Guy like Jaden Korr or Kyle Katarn or several Jedi even luke, or Yoda can protect themself against it.. EVen Rish penin dude !!!!

I should you Remember that Georges Lucas had a list of force powers and planet already set in his encyclopedia to be able to twist and shift his scenario???
Even if Bespin and hoth switch name...

But that explain why Kashyyyk exist in the star wars special hollidays and in episode III it the same god dam planet... Those planet have very brieve name and descriptions and the authors of the EU just expanded it....

Same for force power, those who devlopped game base on the star wars franchise have to respect the EU so they had to use those power only, they could not create a new one.. In theory because via interpretations of the description....

SunRazer
It's a big win card because of how forum users use it, not because it's inherently a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Stigma
^ Agreed.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's a big win card because of how forum users use it, not because it's inherently a get-out-of-jail-free card.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Nephthys
All I want to know is if they're still calling force powers "Force Something".

FreshestSlice
Considering that the database has had Force Push as a power for about a year now, I'd say yes.

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
So Force Drain is back in canon, thanks to Aftermath.

Not really. The guys who talks about it is painted as a deluded fanatic. Not to mention, it certainly isn't presented in the book as some "unblockable" planetary attack like in KotOR 2.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by |King Joker|

Zampanó

juyomaster34
Hey,I love it!!! It was once said that Juyo was weak against Force powers,
add Force drain or Tutaminis or both and that problem is solved.

Or balance your Force Powers with Juyo and you won't have that problem.
Instant surprise.

Or learn Vaapad. It doesn't have that problem.

SunRazer
Juyo's Force power weakness has only ever been mentioned in KotOR II, as a scripted/spoken form of game mechanic. Whether or not you place credibility into that is up to you.

Sinious
Meh, I always liked it. Dark Siders need evil concepts and abilities to look cool, not just lightning.

Darth Thor

Aftermath Chapter 18:

Crazy Guy torturing Wedge says this:

"Did you know that Sith Lords could sometimes drain the Force energy from their captives? Siphoning life from them using it to strengthen their connection to the dark side? Extending their own lives, as well, so that they could live for centuries beyond their intended expiration?"

Things to note:

1) He could just be making it up.
2) It talks about Siphoning "Captives" so doesn't sound like a "combat" related power.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Aftermath Chapter 18:

Crazy Guy torturing Wedge says this:

"Did you know that Sith Lords could sometimes drain the Force energy from their captives? Siphoning life from them using it to strengthen their connection to the dark side? Extending their own lives, as well, so that they could live for centuries beyond their intended expiration?"

Things to note:

1) He could just be making it up.
2) It talks about Siphoning "Captives" so doesn't sound like a "combat" related power.

Combat is not the only thing keeping a good sith alive. Farsights abilities and the abilty to alter the farsight of the other compt...
Remember the Haazen flashback? When they say that they can hide what he did to the Jedi? remember Palpa sending vision to Anakin? Remember palpatine clouding the Dark Side? remember Tulak hord and his essential guide to farsight warefare? remember the theory azbout Haazen sending to the Jedi coovenant the prophecy of the fives visions...?

Well you see it is just about power, it extend to illusion cloaking etc etc... Sith have more skill and powers than just combat abilities, they are endlessing ploting powerhungry psychos...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.