Black Knight (Dane Whitman) vs Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who takes this?

DarkSaint85
Does Dane have long range attacks?

Henry_Pym
Tony, should unless I'm missing something...

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Does Dane have long range attacks? He's taken down a Skyfather on the level of Odin, cut through time, taken down a mechano-Trex.

Board Walker
This is spite seeing as the Black Knight as equipment that lets him slay skyfathers, and kill Abstracts. He has the Avalonian equipment, and the Ebony Blade all of which are above universal powers.

For goodness sake he has the Ebony blade which is a multiversal trumping artifact/power.

Henry_Pym
And how does he hit Tony?

Board Walker
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
And how does he hit Tony?

The same way he has dealt with range before?

1. Slashes across time and space

2. Moves faster than time itself (out raced a skyfather, and killed him)

3. The ebony Sword and the Avalon armor both rewrite reality to protect him and help him in combat. IE he can move across space and time as though he were merely running/walking.

4. Use the brazier of holy fire to burn reality itself.

This guy casually kills Skyfathers and abstracts, this match is spite.

long pig
Nah, he's immune to magic, that's how he's beaten high level magic guys. Even Thor problems because of that. Tony would wreck him.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by long pig
Nah, he's immune to magic, that's how he's beaten high level magic guys. Even Thor problems because of that. Tony would wreck him. Black Knight would DESTROY Thor.

Jmanghan
There is no way Iron Man is Skyfather level.

leonidas
dane is skyfather level now, eh? scans...?

leonidas
Does Dane have long range attacks?

no, he doesn't. unless he has the shield and sword. with the ebony sword he'd pretty f'd. a sonic attack would end this as would any large scale AOE attack. dane's only chance would be if tony decided to go h2h. he wouldn't.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by leonidas
dane is skyfather level now, eh? scans...? No, but the weapon he has is Skyfather level.

Digi
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No, but the weapon he has is Skyfather level.

Which means very little against such a foe as Tony, wielded as it is by Dane. I adore BK and the Blade. I've considered drafting him in tourneys numerous times. But IM rolls.

Board Walker
Nah, he's immune to magic, that's how he's beaten high level magic guys. Even Thor problems because of that. Tony would wreck him.

BK has fought IM before, this fight already happened.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Board Walker
BK has fought IM before, this fight already happened. Not Dane Whitman, that was Sean Garrett.

beatboks
no, he doesn't. unless he has the shield and sword. with the ebony sword he'd pretty f'd. a sonic attack would end this as would any large scale AOE attack. dane's only chance would be if tony decided to go h2h. he wouldn't.

Not exactly true.

The ebony blade has showings of absorbing energy that Dane uses for energy blasts. Given then the only way Tony could attack from a distance are his repulsors, energy blasters this very attack would be returned. Technically any energy attack leveled at Dane should be able to be returned.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80262/2917282-black_knight_absorbs_zeus.png

Dane also had in classic Avengers tales his "atomic Lance" which was also a blaster. Granted though I don't think he's used that for a VERY long time.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117763/3240796-blackknightspowerlance.jpg

beatboks
OHH and ^ is why he is listed with skyfathers. He can tank their attacks and dish them back at them. The sword is also supposed to protect him from death by anything that isn't forged from the same metal IIRC too (though it's been quite a while and I could be off base.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks
Not exactly true.

The ebony blade has showings of absorbing energy that Dane uses for energy blasts. Given then the only way Tony could attack from a distance are his repulsors, energy blasters this very attack would be returned. Technically any energy attack leveled at Dane should be able to be returned.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80262/2917282-black_knight_absorbs_zeus.png

Dane also had in classic Avengers tales his "atomic Lance" which was also a blaster. Granted though I don't think he's used that for a VERY long time.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117763/3240796-blackknightspowerlance.jpg

Tony also has missiles.

beatboks
Tony also has missiles.

Danes Armor was also forged by Merlin (though if memory serves not from the same metal as the sword so no energy absorbing). HIs first appearances in Avengers had him holding his own against the entire team. That was before the ebony Blade (pretty sure he regained that to fulfill his family line duty of protecting it during an Avengers story), and when he only had the Lance (plus a lot of other techno weapons that he'd "touched" with a little bit of magic).

Still standard missiles I shouldn't think would do him in.

I'm not by any means saying Dane wins BTW. I like Digi love the character and the concept of the sword. The bloody curse of it is just too much of a problem to effectively use it in a tourney.

leonidas
Not exactly true.

he could absorb the magic lightning sure, but that is a far cry from absorbing a repulsor ray, which i do not see happening in any way at all. he's also done well against magic--he's the only one who was remotely effective against spiral and he had her on the run. he could deflect one repulsor ray, sure, but i said an aoe attack would take him out, and it would, as would sonics. tony could easily just keep pouring it on and he has no defense against a barrage of missiles, which would also finish him. dane's armor is pretty good, but just because it has a cool origin doesn't mean it's good enough to withstand the pounding IM would dish out.

and obviously he doesn't have the lance in this match....

StiltmanFTW
Tony wouldn't bombard his friend with rockets, lol.

He would simply use sonics. Right, Steve? vin

Board Walker
His avalon armor absorbs/tanks all forms of harm, and the shield of night does so as well.

Considering his armor and sword have effotlessly tanked an enraged Zeus's attacks, I don't see Iron man hurting him.

For those saying missles will work, his armor made the super skrull powerless against him. His armor has also tanked fire, explosions, time/reality manipulation, and the ebony sword has and does warp reality to keep him safe.

StiltmanFTW
Cool story, bro. And Wolverine cut Living Tribunal thumb up

leonidas
well, tony would know the armor would tank almost all the damage, so the missiles wouldn't be a problem. if this were superior tony, bk would be in even more trouble. big grin

StiltmanFTW
Superior Tony was a monster, yes.

Jmanghan
well, tony would know the armor would tank almost all the damage, so the missiles wouldn't be a problem. if this were superior tony, bk would be in even more trouble. big grin So, you think Bloodwraith would stomp Thor, but you think Dane Whitman couldn't take Iron Man?

They use the SAME exact weapons.

They both use the Ebony Blade.

leonidas
it wasn't the blade that made bloodwraith so powerful, it was the souls the sword absorbed. so...it's not even remotely close to the same thing.

Jmanghan
it wasn't the blade that made bloodwraith so powerful, it was the souls the sword absorbed. so...it's not even remotely close to the same thing. It's basically the same thing, the Ebony Blade is one of the most powerful weapons in fiction, and Iron Man can't beat a Skyfather. Dane can.

DarkSaint85
Metallo can beat Superman.

Batman can beat Metallo.

Ergo, Batman beats Superman?

long pig
Although the feats against skyfathers was based on them being magic and not truly a power showing, bk can absorb blasts and such from ironman....if he turns his blade a certain way in time.
But to say he could deal with the full arsenal of iron man is silly. It would be a good fight, but stark will eventually win.

Jmanghan
Although the feats against skyfathers was based on them being magic and not truly a power showing, bk can absorb blasts and such from ironman....if he turns his blade a certain way in time.
But to say he could deal with the full arsenal of iron man is silly. It would be a good fight, but stark will eventually win. If Dane hits him wih the EB, Tony ain't gonna like what happens.

StiltmanFTW
He's not gonna connect, as per forum rules Tony will be using flight, force fields and ranged attacks.

BK is not even near IM's league, he gets one-shotted.

Henry_Pym
Sure, but again how? Tony could literally fly circles around BK

Board Walker
So i take it everyone is ignoring the fact that BK can simply swing the sword in a general direction, and cut time as well as space itself? Making distance/flight a non factor in this fight.

Also no one is taking into account the fact thar BK's shield of night can absorb all forms of energy and matter? Or that his sword of day can shoot massive energy beams?

Are we just disregarding bk's entire arsenal? What about his brazier of holy fire? It eats freaking reality for goodness sake.

DarkSaint85
And Tony gets his entire arsenal as well, right?

Board Walker
And Tony gets his entire arsenal as well, right?

My point is the sword of ebony makes distance/flight a non factor here, it is going to be a hand to hand fight regardless of if Tony wants it that way or not.

Furthermore, BK has the superior arsenal in terms of durability. His armor set of avalon has tanked abstract level power sources, Tony isn't going to do anything to it.

Tony has no answer for the Sword of Ebony, the Armor of Avalon, and the Shield of night.

beatboks
Ahh Dane wont get the shield of night AND the Ebony blade.
He only had the shield of night and photonic sword during the period he didn't have the Ebony Blade AFAIK.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

leonidas
he had the shield of night and the sword of light at the same time...

Board Walker
he had the shield of night and the sword of light at the same time...

He took up the photonic blade (scientific creation) when he had stopped using the ebony blade out of fear of its "curse", he gained the shield of night+sword of day during the lady of the lake arc (also gave him the OP avalon armor)

Also why is everyone ignoring the Brazier of fire? That thing was freaking powerful. It was a literal plot device.

long pig
If Dane hits him wih the EB, Tony ain't gonna like what happens.
Cutting wise, Its basically adamantium (which it cant cut thru)....I think it can cut through shields of energy.

Board Walker
Cutting wise, Its basically adamantium (which it cant cut thru)....I think it can cut through shields of energy.

The ebony blade cuts anything, and everything...

long pig
The ebony blade cuts anything, and everything...
Can't cut adamantium....

Jmanghan
Can't cut adamantium.... Except it has, it cut through Captain America's shield, and cut Blade's adamantium nodachi in half.

long pig
Except it has, it cut through Captain America's shield, and cut Blade's adamantium nodachi in half.
Scans or it didn't happen.

leonidas
yeah, wut? where did this allegedly happen exactly....? sounds like what if stuff... cuz i can tell you he certainly never cut cap's shield in a canon appearance.

zopzop
yeah, wut? where did this allegedly happen exactly....? sounds like what if stuff... cuz i can tell you he certainly never cut cap's shield in a canon appearance.
This is called "Writer Armor".

The reason it hasn't cut adamantium or Cap's shield is because if it did, they would be dead any time they faced off vs Dane in comics and Marvel isn't having any of that.

How the phuck can this sword kill a Skyfather with the COMBINED power of his entire PANTHEON (Seth) yet not even scratch adamantium? How can it absorb and redirect the Thunderbolts of Zeus and threaten his life but be unable to cut Cap's shield?

We all know why.

long pig
It never cut adamantium, caps sheild and couldnt cut uru. Idk wtf this jabroni is talking aboutOriginally posted by zopzop

The reason it hasn't cut adamantium or Cap's shield is because if it did, they would be dead any time they faced off vs Dane in comics and Marvel isn't having any of that.

How the phuck can this sword kill a Skyfather with the COMBINED power of his entire PANTHEON (Seth) yet not even scratch adamantium? How can it absorb and redirect the Thunderbolts of Zeus and threaten his life but be unable to cut Cap's shield?

We all know why.
Because, those are magical based attacks and the sword is a magic negator.

zopzop
Because, those are magical based attacks and the sword is a magic negator.
O RLY?!

Is that why it cut open Mechanisaurus Rex when Thor+Mjolnir couldn't do jack against it? Is Mechanisaurus Rex magical? Hint : It's not.

Is that why it cut Firelord's energy attack in two? Is Firelord's Power Cosmic flame magical? Hint : It's not.

Is that why it sliced through chronal energy? Is "time" magical? Hint : It's not.

long pig
Originally posted by zopzop
O RLY?!

Is that why it cut open Mechanisaurus Rex when Thor+Mjolnir couldn't do jack against it? Is Mechanisaurus Rex magical? Hint : It's not.

Is that why it cut Firelord's energy attack in two? Is Firelord's Power Cosmic flame magical? Hint : It's not.

Is that why it sliced through chronal energy? Is "time" magical? Hint : It's not.
Settle down Nancy, I was referring to the logic of how the e bony blade>skyfather attacks means black knight=skyfather.

He is not.

leonidas
lol yeah, he certainly is not... even it's origin doesn't really account for it being able to do some of what it's done.

anyway, it has been broken:

http://i.imgur.com/PwQJBnI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EQRJaCx.jpg

and yes, those scans are canon. thumb up

Board Walker
lol yeah, he certainly is not... even it's origin doesn't really account for it being able to do some of what it's done.

anyway, it has been broken:

http://i.imgur.com/PwQJBnI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EQRJaCx.jpg

and yes, those scans are canon. thumb up

That was the fake ebony blade

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by zopzop

We all know why.

Doesn't matter why, zop. Adamantium is depicted consistently in Marvel over time.

zopzop
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Doesn't matter why, zop. Adamantium is depicted consistently in Marvel over time.
Just recently a small fraction of Zeus' power cut right through adamantium missiles.

Yet the EB absorbed and redirected Zeus' Thunderbolts right back at him. Then the Blade was held to his throat and he came to his senses real quick.

Prof. Hulk has destroyed Adamantium (it was in some robotic dogs or something).

Writer Armor is the only thing saving Wolverine's claws/Cap's shield from the same treatment.

@Leo

The scan proves what? Merlyn reforged the sword and it hasn't happened since.

Bentley
When the Ebony Blade fails to cut something it was the fake Ebony Blade. I'm not even kidding, the blade has Doombots!

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
When the Ebony Blade fails to cut something it was the fake Ebony Blade. I'm not even kidding, the blade has Doombots!

laughing out loud

But seriously, I'm passingly familiar with Dane, but not an expert. There are a LOT of wild claims being thrown about. If anyone could contribute scans, I'd appreciate it. Cutting time and space and no-selling Zeus seem vastly different than the comics I remember reading with Dane and the EB in them.

zopzop
Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

But seriously, I'm passingly familiar with Dane, but not an expert. There are a LOT of wild claims being thrown about. If anyone could contribute scans, I'd appreciate it. Cutting time and space and no-selling Zeus seem vastly different than the comics I remember reading with Dane and the EB in them.
Absorbing and redirecting Zeus' Thunderbolts :
http://s10.postimg.org/ls78kdip1/2917282_black_knight_absorbs_zeus.jpg

For comparison's sake :
Zeus' power vs Adamantium Missiles :
http://s22.postimg.org/5x1a6wx65/missile.jpg

Cutting Firelord's PC flame :
http://s17.postimg.org/s35dcj42z/3399710_3742097649_Aveng.jpg

Cutting through the Time Stream itself :
http://s4.postimg.org/r6b7izu89/4086646_6816344287_36733.jpg

abhilegend
Adamantium is just jobber these days unless it's used by characters like Ultron or Wolverine.

DarkSaint85
Carver is not here....

Hulk broke through a barrier that the Black Knight was specifically unable to do.

Which, as the Ebony Blade is apparently > Skyfathers, means that Hulk >> Skyfathers now??

StiltmanFTW
Except it has, it cut through Captain America's shield, and cut Blade's adamantium nodachi in half.

laughing out loud

More lies. At least these were funny.

Dane is a c-list street character that nobody really cares about. Iron Man is an a-list high meta. The fight ends in one panel.

beatboks
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

More lies. At least these were funny.

Dane is a c-list street character that nobody really cares about. Iron Man is an a-list high meta. The fight ends in one panel.

Except that "a-lister's" armor has already had problems with that "c-lister's" Sword

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/9055/2223744-bp_ebonyblade.jpg

That right there is the Ebony blade in the hands of T'challa cutting straight through Tony's armor.

In his debut in Avengers he soloed Hawkey, Wasp and Giant man (or it might have been Goliath, can't recall specifically). He's also been a problem for Magneto, Kang, and a few others who have soloed the Avengers.

A street leveler he is not. He isn't for the most part on Tony's level, but he has the means to take a few. Quite frankly he's not short of high tech weapons as well as the old magic ones
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124784/3526252-avengers366p47.jpg

Newjak
Which means very little against such a foe as Tony, wielded as it is by Dane. I adore BK and the Blade. I've considered drafting him in tourneys numerous times. But IM rolls. And I did draft him for a tourney before. The equipment is top notch for sure. Tony would not want to risk getting close with Dane but in this instance I would say Tony wins through sheer versatility. As tough as Dane's armor is the man inside is still a man. It's why he can still be knocked out fairly easily.

Also Tony has maneuverability advantage imo on Dane. Also I think IM's sonic attacks would be enough to down The Black Knight.

StiltmanFTW
Except that "a-lister's" armor has already had problems with that "c-lister's" Sword

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/0/9055/2223744-bp_ebonyblade.jpg

That right there is the Ebony blade in the hands of T'challa cutting straight through Tony's armor.

In his debut in Avengers he soloed Hawkey, Wasp and Giant man (or it might have been Goliath, can't recall specifically). He's also been a problem for Magneto, Kang, and a few others who have soloed the Avengers.

A street leveler he is not. He isn't for the most part on Tony's level, but he has the means to take a few. Quite frankly he's not short of high tech weapons as well as the old magic ones
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124784/3526252-avengers366p47.jpg

Every KMCer that ever lived has seen that BP/IM scan.

It's irrelevant here, in a default forum scenario. 500 meters of starting distance, full capacity allowing Tony to go high in the air and spam ranged attacks, etc.

DarkSaint85
Is the sword.....magnetic?

long pig
So did the ebony blade cute through adamantium or not?

StiltmanFTW
So did the ebony blade cute through adamantium or not?

Of course not.

Wolverine and BK fought for a few panels, neither claws nor the blade were damaged.

leonidas
i thought that was sort of common knowledge....

StiltmanFTW
Is the sword.....magnetic?

laughing out loud

It'd be funny if it worked. Sometimes it does, example being Mjolnir:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/47999/1127051-magneto87.jpg

Jmanghan
Of course not.

Wolverine and BK fought for a few panels, neither claws nor the blade were damaged. Except you ignored Iron Man's armor being cut by the EB.

StiltmanFTW
I didn't ignore it at all.

Again, BK is not gonna connect, as starting distance is 0.5 km and Iron Man is a pretty good flier with dozens of ranged options.

Jmanghan
I didn't ignore it at all.

Again, BK is not gonna connect, as starting distance is 0.5 km and Iron Man is a pretty good flier with dozens of ranged options. Dane could just throw the blade, he has ways of connecting.

If he does connect, Tony is dead.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Jmanghan
Of course, not able to back up your argument.

Dane's pretty good, but he gets most of his strength from his blade.

The EB can cut CLEAN through Iron Man's armor.

DarkSaint85
Wait, he THROWS the blade? Does it return to him?

StiltmanFTW
Throw the blade... at the opponent being 0.5 km away and flying fast...?

And what's stopping IM from altering the blade's trajectory? Oh yes, that's right, nothing.

Dane Whitman, the Jedi Master laughing out loud

Jmanghan
There is no way ****ing Iron Man is stopping the EBONY BLADE.

The Ebony Blade is one of the most powerful weapons in all of Fiction, and not just Marvel Fiction, or comic fiction either.

DarkSaint85
Does it boomerang back then?

StiltmanFTW
There is no way ****ing Iron Man is stopping the EBONY BLADE.

The Ebony Blade is one of the most powerful weapons in all of Fiction, and not just Marvel Fiction, or comic fiction either.

Take your meds...

StiltmanFTW
Does it boomerang back then?

Jma-something is the third person that got infected by the deadly Carver virus sad

Board Walker
Jma-something is the third person that got infected by the deadly Carver virus sad

What is the carver virus?

StiltmanFTW
What is the carver virus?

The lethal disease that makes Alzheimer's look like a child's play.

Even the best posters infected by it become incapable of coherent thought.

zopzop
Dane Whitman, the Jedi Master laughing out loud
http://s11.postimg.org/hk7b3n40v/4721940_4785948845_29292.jpg
You were saying? cool

The lethal disease that makes Alzheimer's look like a child's play.

Even the best posters infected by it become incapable of coherent thought.
laughing

leonidas
laughing out loud

thumb up

it's funny, i know all about forum flash and forum ss, but i was completely unaware there was a forum black knight.... shrug

leonidas
thumb up

it's funny, i know all about forum flash and forum ss, but i was completely unaware there was a forum black knight.... who knew?? shrug

Newjak
thumb up

it's funny, i know all about forum flash and forum ss, but i was completely unaware there was a forum black knight.... shrug Yeah this is news to me as well haha

beatboks

As rightful owner of the Blade Dane does have a "connection" to it. he has used that connection to teleport to it before even through time. The one time that comes to mind is when one of the Avengers held the sword and was spirited away. Dane was able to use the connection with the sword to transport himself through time to Kang's headquarters where kang had the Avengers trapped.

Having said that Dane is physically a normal human and the sword doesn't have a means of propulsion. He is NOT throwing it half a kilometer with any real force at the striking point.

Dane wouldn't win a majority, but there are ways and set conditions in which he can certainly take a few (I'd say 3 maybe 4 out of 10). I haven't been trying to dispute the fact that Tony wins. Just the contention that Dane has zero ranged attacks, and zero means of defense.

Jmanghan
As rightful owner of the Blade Dane does have a "connection" to it. he has used that connection to teleport to it before even through time. The one time that comes to mind is when one of the Avengers held the sword and was spirited away. Dane was able to use the connection with the sword to transport himself through time to Kang's headquarters where kang had the Avengers trapped.

Having said that Dane is physically a normal human and the sword doesn't have a means of propulsion. He is NOT throwing it half a kilometer with any real force at the striking point.

Dane wouldn't win a majority, but there are ways and set conditions in which he can certainly take a few (I'd say 3 maybe 4 out of 10). I haven't been trying to dispute the fact that Tony wins. Just the contention that Dane has zero ranged attacks, and zero means of defense. Can Dane block IM's attacks with the EB though?

beatboks
Can Dane block IM's attacks with the EB though?

There are some attacks he can block but not all. He certainly can't block AOE attacks. Plus AOE attacks are going to affect his footing etc and affect his defense of more directly aimed attacks adversely.

For Dane to win requires a set set of circumstances. it requires Tony to make his attacks in certain ways. For him to fire directed energy attacks that Dane can absorb with the sword and fire/redirect back. Tony's not stupid and wont make those sort of mistakes reliably enough for Dane to get anything more than a minority of wins.

Board Walker
There are some attacks he can block but not all. He certainly can't block AOE attacks. Plus AOE attacks are going to affect his footing etc and affect his defense of more directly aimed attacks adversely.

For Dane to win requires a set set of circumstances. it requires Tony to make his attacks in certain ways. For him to fire directed energy attacks that Dane can absorb with the sword and fire/redirect back. Tony's not stupid and wont make those sort of mistakes reliably enough for Dane to get anything more than a minority of wins.

Ebony blade has its own sentience and it actively protects the BK, it will absorb and or nullify attacks that are a danger to the BK.

That and everyone seems to be flat out ignoring the avalon armor, Iron man isn't damaging the Avalon armor.

Board Walker

Dane wouldn't win a majority, but there are ways and set conditions in which he can certainly take a few (I'd say 3 maybe 4 out of 10). I haven't been trying to dispute the fact that Tony wins. Just the contention that Dane has zero ranged attacks, and zero means of defense.

Dane can time/space travel with the sword, he can just teleport next to Iron man and slice him in half.

beatboks
Dane can time/space travel with the sword, he can just teleport next to Iron man and slice him in half.

The instances of Dane don't so are about as frequent as Thor using God blast.
It's not going to be a go to move by any means

Your also acting like Dane has never been put down or harmed. That's simply not the case.

Board Walker
The instances of Dane don't so are about as frequent as Thor using God blast.
It's not going to be a go to move by any means

Your also acting like Dane has never been put down or harmed. That's simply not the case.

I was under the impression that BK in this match would be fighting to the maximum potential of his abilities, ALA faster than Zeus can perceive teleportation spam, skyfather killing energy beams/slashes, and of course invulnerability from avalon armor.

Jmanghan
I was under the impression that BK in this match would be fighting to the maximum potential of his abilities, ALA faster than Zeus can perceive teleportation spam, skyfather killing energy beams/slashes, and of course invulnerability from avalon armor. He is.

Blue Area Vet
It would be a minor miracle if Dane took one.

abhilegend
thumb up

it's funny, i know all about forum flash and forum ss, but i was completely unaware there was a forum black knight.... shrug
laughing out loud

Forum Superman beats them all though.

uhuh

DarkSaint85
He is.

Sweet.

Iron Man fights to the best of his abilities.

And completely decimates Black Knight.

Power Drainer.

DarkSaint85
Here you go, Jman - a respect thread for Iron Man:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=604601&pagenumber=5

beatboks
Speaking as a fan of BK, can't wait for the November series to kick off.
In which (based on what has been let loose) he will face the Uncanny Avengers.

StiltmanFTW
Here you go, Jman - a respect thread for Iron Man:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=604601&pagenumber=5

That's nothing. Take a look at Jma's thread and the effort he put in making it:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15378123#post15378123

Unbelievable. Makes Onedumb look like a noob poster.

Jmanghan
That's nothing. Take a look at Jma's thread and the effort he put in making it:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15378123#post15378123

Unbelievable. Makes Onedumb look like a noob poster. I just made it because no one else made one, I use my playstation vita to pozt on KMC, so scans were absolutely out of the question.

It doesn't have a copy and paste feature, and sometimes saved pictures will turn out corrupt.

StiltmanFTW
I just made it because no one else made one, I use my playstation vita to pozt on KMC, so scans were absolutely out of the question.

It doesn't have a copy and paste feature, and sometimes saved pictures will turn out corrupt.

We're not allowed to make respect threads like this. Either you're ready and post the scans or don't post at all.

Not my rules. Digi made it painfully clear.

DarkSaint85
Obv, no one respects him. You will change our minds, J-man! thumb up

But yeah, have a look at the link I provided.

Digi
Not my rules. Digi made it painfully clear.

What did I make painfully clear? That you can't make a respect thread without scans? I don't remember an explicit rule, tbh, but is there a compelling reason such threads should stay open? Otherwise it's not good for much.

StiltmanFTW
What did I make painfully clear? That you can't make a respect thread without scans? I don't remember an explicit rule, tbh, but is there a compelling reason such threads should stay open? Otherwise it's not good for much.

I remember it being posted multiple times in the respect section, along with those - basically empty - threads getting closed.

Different situation is when credible posters make it clear in the OP that scans are coming, of course.

One_Angry_Scot

I think you mentioned something on the Marvel Directory (and presumably the DC one). About if you make the respect thread don't expect others to assist. I think that's what Stilt meant (not sure though).

StiltmanFTW
Yes, pretty much. Not to rely on others to do the hard work and having the material prepared.

I always felt that making that clear helped to significantly reduce the amount of "ghost" threads.

Jmanghan
Eh, I can post scans, but they will mostly be "attached files".

StiltmanFTW
Better that than nothing, you can always revamp the thread later.

One_Angry_Scot
Eh, I can post scans, but they will mostly be "attached files".

Also if you ever are looking for specific scans I will be here to help you if you need so.

long pig
Respect threads without scans is like a woman with an opinion.....useless. big grin

Anyway, I'm changing my mind on this fight. I wasn't giving this version of bk enough credit. He very well could stop iron man after a decent fight.

Digi
I remember it being posted multiple times in the respect section, along with those - basically empty - threads getting closed.

Different situation is when credible posters make it clear in the OP that scans are coming, of course.

Well yeah, context is everything. If the BK thread ends up good for nothing, it'll be closed. But those older ones were just sitting there for months or years.

Long term, do try for something better than attached files, though. One picture per post is excruciating.

Board Walker
Well yeah, context is everything. If the BK thread ends up good for nothing, it'll be closed. But those older ones were just sitting there for months or years.

Long term, do try for something better than attached files, though. One picture per post is excruciating.

Personally I do 1 picture per 3 posts as the first post announces and titles what the picture will be of, the second post describes the context as well as the history of the picture/feat, and the third posts is the picture itself.

The 1 to 3 rule must always be upheld.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.