Next most powerful Force User Organization?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
So folks, aside from the Sith and Jedi.

Which next group of organized Force Users in the SWU is the best you think?

DarthAnt66
The Order of Revan was a galactic-threat. They should be among the best.

EDIT: LMFAO, #throwback to Zeilon. We all know what he would say...

Emperordmb
Stupid question because Matukai and Zeison Sha>>>>>Jedi and Sith

Doubt your cognitive dissonance will let you see differently though.

Emperordmb
LOL ANT, we both thought of the same thing XD

Q99
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So folks, aside from the Sith and Jedi.

Which next group of organized Force Users in the SWU is the best you think?

Lesse... I'm going to count Je'daii as Jedi and thus not include them.

The Imperial Knights are up there. While only 60~ full Knights exist at a time, they're trained to a level equivalent to a Master in other orders before given the position, and we see a lot of them, even relatively junior members, show themselves to be quite badass, and they have a good number of students in training at any time, who are part of the organization but not yet considered Imperial Knights.

Then there's the Jensaarai, a not-Jedi-or-Sith group of force users in the NJO era who are fairly well-rounded.

S_W_LeGenD
The Order of Revan, IMO.

Nephthys
Probably these Zakuul chuckle****s we're getting in TOR.

Q99
Just how big / numerous / individually strong is the Order of Revan?

Looking through their wiki article, a lot of their threat seemed to be from them gaining control of Rakatan tech.

It looks like their membership was in the low hundreds- and some of their noteworthy members were non force sensitives in the military. Do we have much intel on their rank and file members?

It doesn't sound like the membership of the order itself is necessarily that powerful- with some exceptions, like Darth Arkous- so much as their ideology and influence and ability to enact plots with resources under their control. If their average rank and file member is just normal jedi/sith level, I don't think they're the most formidable around.

Selenial
The Nighsisters were strong, but only as strong as the underworld of the age they existed in. They gained power through favours and manipulation, and it was difficult to outrun a shaman you've crossed who can kill you across galaxies. They were pretty rich to boot, too.

But yeh, I have to go with the Knights of Zakuul, even though I don't want to.

Q99
Originally posted by Selenial
The Nighsisters were strong, but only as strong as the underworld of the age they existed in. They gained power through favours and manipulation, and it was difficult to outrun a shaman you've crossed who can kill you across galaxies. They were pretty rich to boot, too.

Hm, yea, the Nightsisters were pretty strong, but often split into multiple tribes, and tended to be centered on an individual badass while the rank and file were weak.

Info dump me on them, I really don't know them.

Nephthys
They defeated the TOR Jedi Order and the Sith Empire.

Or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
They defeated the TOR Jedi Order and the Sith Empire.

Or something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Through beating 'em force user to force user, or some macguffin/military power granting thingy?

Because I don't think we're counting military power or superweapons under command of the different orders.

Selenial
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, yea, the Nightsisters were pretty strong, but often split into multiple tribes, and tended to be centered on an individual badass while the rank and file were weak.

I'd strongly disagree tbh. Two of their strongest warriors faced off against Dooku and actually survived, sure he was drugged but that barely lowers the accomplishment. You'd need to be a talented swordsman to stand against him even if it's a 3v1 and they had him on the back-foot.

The Star Wars Head to Head puts those two on the level of Luminara Unduli and Aayla Secura (might have been Adi, I forget) and while I don't take that book too seriously, it says a lot.

But I get what you mean, I'd put them on par with average Jedi. You never really see Nighsisters being council level, but that's probably due to lack of exposure. Sure you have Talzin and Geth, but what then? I guess the only other one would be the mother who raised the dead, who was supposedly an equal of Talzin in power...

Q99
I'd strongly disagree tbh. Two of their strongest warriors faced off against Dooku and actually survived, sure he was drugged but that barely lowers the accomplishment. You'd need to be a talented swordsman to stand against him even if it's a 3v1 and they had him on the back-foot.

The Star Wars Head to Head puts those two on the level of Luminara Unduli and Aayla Secura (might have been Adi, I forget) and while I don't take that book too seriously, it says a lot.

Still, even those two are very much their best.

The fights with the Lost Tribe two generations later had them get the short end of the stick, and the lightside Dathomir witches tend to hold dominance much of the time, despite the individual badasses of the Nightsisters.

Right.

The way I view it, you tend to have one really strong tribal leader, a few talented sisters one of whom will be the next strong tribal leader (Asajj would probably be ideal for this if it wasn't for various factors), and then the rest who will likely never get too strong.

Selenial
Agreed pretty much all around tbh.

I'm starting an overview of the Nighsisters, kinda like a respect thread for them as a whole. There are quite a lot of sources that imply an equality between their order and the Jedi, if the two were to clash all out. So they're definitely contenders for a list like this.

Q99
Agreed pretty much all around tbh.

I'm starting an overview of the Nighsisters, kinda like a respect thread for them as a whole. There are quite a lot of sources that imply an equality between their order and the Jedi, if the two were to clash all out. So they're definitely contenders for a list like this.

That seems a bit much! The Jedi are freakin' huge after all, and the Nightsisters are from a single world.

They're concentrated enough power that they're generally not worth dealing with, too costly, but I'd never put them on par with a larger order.

WildBantha88
It's pretty clear cut. Jedi. At the time of TCW they were ten thousand strong and including some of the strongest characters ever known. No other group ever really compared to that

Q99
Originally posted by WildBantha88
It's pretty clear cut. Jedi. At the time of TCW they were ten thousand strong and including some of the strongest characters ever known. No other group ever really compared to that

Aside from Jedi and Sith.

Because it has always been clear they're one and two, respectively.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Order of Revan was a galactic-threat. They should be among the best.

EDIT: LMFAO, #throwback to Zeilon. We all know what he would say...
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The Order of Revan, IMO.
Completely ignoring that the Order of Revan is not a Force User only organization, and that it is made up of deserters from the two factions.

SunRazer
And there's no way the Order of Revan is the best anyway, lol.

The Knights of Zakuul/Eternal Empire/whatever is undoubtedly superior.

ILS
Rakatans, Nightsisters, Imperial Knights

Revanchiste
Blazing or rhand sorcerer....

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Q99
Just how big / numerous / individually strong is the Order of Revan?

Looking through their wiki article, a lot of their threat seemed to be from them gaining control of Rakatan tech.

It looks like their membership was in the low hundreds- and some of their noteworthy members were non force sensitives in the military. Do we have much intel on their rank and file members?

It doesn't sound like the membership of the order itself is necessarily that powerful- with some exceptions, like Darth Arkous- so much as their ideology and influence and ability to enact plots with resources under their control. If their average rank and file member is just normal jedi/sith level, I don't think they're the most formidable around.

ToR stuff, Revan create some fascination I admit it.. But his order was kinda a little to big...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.