Superior Iron Man vs. WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Tony in the Hulkbuster-ish mode. For those who don't remember, it allowed him to make a short work out of the WWHbuster and other suits.

vs.

Green Scar. World Breaker NOT allowed.

Adam Grimes
Tony eats him this time around.

zopzop
WWH ftw.

DarkSaint85
He held back against WWH - he won't make the same mistake this time.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He held back against WWH - he won't make the same mistake this time.
That's cute, cause WWH was holding back too.

WWH wins.

The Nuul
No version of Iron Man can take on the Hulk. Hulk will always beat him.

byrdgang21
Hulk

BruceSkywalker
WWH stomps and stomps hard

carver9
If Tony has nanites, he could win, if not, he dies.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
If Tony has nanites, he could win, if not, he dies.

Have you even seen what he did to WWHbuster?

Hulk spent much more time on beating that armor.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Have you even seen what he did to WWHbuster?

Hulk spent much more time on beating that armor.

I have seen the armor and I would still give WWH the majority. Tony is good, I just do not think he had the armor to deal with someone like Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
Two panels, man. Two panels.

http://i.imgur.com/OLR4Yyd.jpg

Stoic

Have you ever noticed how flimsy Tony's armors become when they have no one inside of them, compared to when someone is? Sentry, and even Ares were running through his remote control suits like they were made of butter.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by The Nuul
No version of Iron Man can take on the Hulk
Actually pretty much any version of Iron Man can take on Hulk. Beating is another story, and the diffrence beween defeating someone and taking on them in a fight is very large

carver9

Tony wasn't in that armor and come on, based on that scene, do you honestly think Tony would beat Hulk?

StiltmanFTW
Tony wasn't in that armor

Stop copying others.

and come on, based on that scene, do you honestly think Tony would beat Hulk?

Based on that scene, Tony would rip Hulk's arm off and beat him with it to death smile

carver9
Stop copying others.

Based on that scene, Tony would rip Hulk's arm off and beat him with it to death smile

Lol...during Tony and Hulk last fight, he got into a pretty powerful armor. One that he thought would drop the Hulk and he hit Hulk with an attack that lit the entire reinforced room up and Hulk walked through it and one shot koed Tony.

Tony hasn't been looking too good lately against the Hulk. Has been more of a pest. Can see the same thing happening here.

DarkSaint85
Lol...during Tony and Hulk last fight, he got into a pretty powerful armor. One that he thought would drop the Hulk and he hit Hulk with an attack that lit the entire reinforced room up and Hulk walked through it and one shot koed Tony.

Tony hasn't been looking too good lately against the Hulk. Has been more of a pest. Can see the same thing happening here.

That was a diff Hulk. This is WWH.

not to mention, this is a diff Tony.

StiltmanFTW

thumb up

long pig
HULK **** starts Tony's head.

carver9

Hulk is Hulk and WWH is more powerful. If anyone wants to see the fight that I am talking about, here it is...

Hands that can Juggles SUNS. Hulk is literally toying with an amped Ironman. Ripping through his tech and armor with ease. Hulk is operating at insane levels these days. This version or Hulk needs to stay. An absolute beast.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644404_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-002.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644345_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-003.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644349_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-004.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644357_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-005.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644364_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-006.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644369_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-007.jpg http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/19644377_Original_Sin_-_Hulk_vs._Iron_Man_004-008.jpg

Lol, Ironman thought he was weaker because he was smart. This version of Hulk is as powerful, if not, more powerful than his dumb, brute, always angry self. Loving it.

DarkSaint85
Hulk is Hulk and WWH is more powerful. If anyone wants to see the fight that I am talking about, here it is...

So a more powerful Hulk was unable to replicate what Superior Tony did....

Proof that the suit he used was superior to the Hulkbuster?

Otherwise, we have a direct comparison. Hulkbuster performances.

carver9
Originally posted by long pig
HULK **** starts Tony's head.

Lol...

carver9
So a more powerful Hulk was unable to replicate what Superior Tony did....

Proof that the suit he used was superior to the Hulkbuster?

Otherwise, we have a direct comparison. Hulkbuster performances.

I really do not have to provide proof on anything. We need proof that Ironman suits are just as formidable when he isn't in it vs when he is in it.

Scans.

DarkSaint85
I really do not have to provide proof on anything. We need proof that Ironman suits are just as formidable when he isn't in it vs when he is in it.

Scans.

'I don't have proof, so will instead ask you for proof'.

I can see why you are scared to face me.

carver9
'I don't have proof, so will instead ask you for proof'.

I can see why you are scared to face me.

What kind of proof would you like?

Huh? I'm not scared to face you.

StiltmanFTW
We need proof that Ironman suits are just as formidable when he isn't in it vs when he is in it.

It's common sense. The only thing that goes away is writer's armor. And speaking of writer's armor, armorless Hulk would get f*cked up bad by full capacity Tony in a forum scenario.

Empty suit wrecked Omega Red.

carver9
It's common sense. The only thing that goes away is writer's armor. And speaking of writer's armor, armorless Hulk would get f*cked up bad by full capacity Tony in a forum scenario.

Empty suit wrecked Omega Red.

Empty suit got its head punched off by an Abomination rip off that was at half power. Do you think the same would've happened if Tony was in the suit? Think about it.

StiltmanFTW
Empty suit got its head punched off by an Abomination rip off that was at half power. Do you think the same would've happened if Tony was in the suit? Think about it.

Again, writer's armor thing.

Hulk w/o writer's armor can't even touch forum Tony. Featureless environment, nothing to throw at him. Full capacity, Tony evades his every leap and spams dozens of ranged attacks at him.

DarkSaint85
What kind of proof would you like?

Huh? I'm not scared to face you.

That Iron Man suits are less durable, without any PIS Worf effects going on.

IOW, proof that Tony's presence actually strengthens them. Scans of his mind or will or human muscles holding the suit together, or perhaps his lifeforce, or whatever.

Not talking about the ninja effect, which we all agree is PIS.

DarkSaint85
Just so we're clear....

Not scans of Ares/Sentry/whatever breaking the empty suits. Posting such scans will be an admission of your failure.

Actual on-panel explanations that it is the lack of Tony which makes them less durable.

carver9
Again, writer's armor thing.

Hulk w/o writer's armor can't even touch forum Tony. Featureless environment, nothing to throw at him. Full capacity, Tony evades his every leap and spams dozens of ranged attacks at him.

Hulk has blitzed Ironman before and his energy attacks along with his strength is nothing to the Hulk. Ironman recently threw a city at Hulk at it did nothing. Hell, the WWH and Tony fight, their shockwaves was destroying the city and he still couldn't drop Hulk. He isn't doing anything here and Hulk WILL hit Tony, a lot.

carver9
That Iron Man suits are less durable, without any PIS Worf effects going on.

IOW, proof that Tony's presence actually strengthens them. Scans of his mind or will or human muscles holding the suit together, or perhaps his lifeforce, or whatever.

Not talking about the ninja effect, which we all agree is PIS.

PIS have nothing to do with this. It's on panel that his suits are not as formidable when he is in it vs when he isn't. Ares were taking out his suits with minor trouble whereas when Tony is in them,he can exchange blows with upper tier people like Thor, Surfer, Taurus, and Hulk.

Show me one scene of Ironman in his standard gear getting his arm or head ripped off while fighting someone and I will concede.

Ninja effect? How about on panel proof? Why ask me to show you proof when you're going to ignore it as a ninja effect ruling?

DarkSaint85
PIS have nothing to do with this. It's on panel that his suits are not as formidable when he is in it vs when he isn't. Ares were taking out his suits with minor trouble whereas when Tony is in them,he can exchange blows with upper tier people like Thor, Surfer, Taurus, and Hulk.

Show me one scene of Ironman in his standard gear getting his arm or head ripped off while fighting someone and I will concede.

Ninja effect? How about on panel proof? Why ask me to show you proof when you're going to ignore it as a ninja effect ruling?

So again, when I ask for proof, you handwave it away with, 'no, show ME proof'.

Post the scans explaining how the lack of Tony magically makes them less durable. Please.

You want ONE scene? Sure.
https://41.media.tumblr.com/ab67fb4d931d4a6d17e709d7783e1874/tumblr_nnku9ukjMR1skzooso1_500.jpg

Wait, here's Spidey doing the same:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11123/111235780/4768799-4150060-0227068366-asm_5.jpg

Concession accepted.

Adam Grimes
Get a room already guys.

DarkSaint85
Here's another:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd229/goetz420/tnai-01-019.jpg

carver9

Post the scans explaining how the lack of Tony magically makes them less durable. Please.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/ab67fb4d931d4a6d17e709d7783e1874/tumblr_nnku9ukjMR1skzooso1_500.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11123/111235780/4768799-4150060-0227068366-asm_5.jpg

Concession accepted.

The entire head was shown being taken off in those scans? Anyways, I've named power houses Ironman has withstood hits from without his armor crumbling. When the armor doesn't have him in it, it's treated like tissue paper. So, that showing Stiltman posted means nothing to me.

WWH stomps with ease.

DarkSaint85
The entire head was shown being taken off in those scans? Anyways, I've named power houses Ironman has withstood hits from without his armor crumbling. When the armor doesn't have him in it, it's treated like tissue paper. So, that showing Stiltman posted means nothing to me.

WWH stomps with ease.

Can you not see Spidey ripping the entire helmet off?

Like tissue?

Here:

Namor did the same.

SO unless you're trying to say that Tony's neck is somehow > his armour...

DarkSaint85
Guess it's a Spidey thing...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/4111227-img_5556.jpg

DarkSaint85
Hey, Bucky can do it too!

http://criticsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/winter-soldier-vs-iron-man-civil-war-criticsight-314x500.jpg

So yeah, Iron Man's armour doesn't magically become more durable when he's in there. It is merely a plot device, whereby Tony is protected by the writer to not be ripped apart.

Blue Area Vet

Concession accepted.

Will you stop? Your request is DUMB. You know no such explicit proof exists in comics, yet you keep demanding it to give the impression that you've won the debate. It's very transparent.

DarkSaint85
You haven't been here long enough, to realise that I am using carver's debating tactic there.

I mean, the alternative is to say that for some reason, the armours become more durable when Tony is inside them. If there is a reason, I would like to see it. If there is none, then it is merely a plot driven device.

Blue Area Vet
You haven't been here long enough, to realise that I am using carver's debating tactic there.

I mean, the alternative is to say that for some reason, the armours become more durable when Tony is inside them. If there is a reason, I would like to see it. If there is none, then it is merely a plot driven device.

First of all, if I was here for 5 minutes I could still tell what you are doing. You are acting as if Carver is offering an in book explanation for the variance in the armor's durability when it is occupied vs. when it's empty. Carver isn't offering any such in book explanation, he just pointing out the difference in the portrayals. When the armor is occupied, there are no lethal melee attacks (Spiderman's attack would not have killed). When the armor is unoccupied, it just so happens that the armor's durability is compromised with what would be melee attacks. This is 100% correct if you read comics. You are challenging a straw man.

DarkSaint85
Not really.

I am saying that all the instances of empty armours being less durable are plot driven. Without a famous cash cow/character inside, others are free to rip them apart with glee.

Same way in the Animated Xmen series, Wolverine could only slash robots and inanimate objects.

That has nothing to do with their durability. It doesn't change - what is obvious, however, is that Marvel is not going to show Tony getting ripped in two by heralds every week.

Marvel DOES show the armours taking damage, though, when Tony is inside. I have provided many scans, of Cap, Spiderman, Namor, Bucky ripping the armour. So they're obviously still open to being damaged.

With the Hulkbuster, Tony didn't get such damage until later.

But Superior Tony took it apart in two panels.

carver9
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
First of all, if I was here for 5 minutes I could still tell what you are doing. You are acting as if Carver is offering an in book explanation for the variance in the armor's durability when it is occupied vs. when it's empty. Carver isn't offering any such in book explanation, he just pointing out the difference in the portrayals. When the armor is occupied, there are no lethal melee attacks (Spiderman's attack would not have killed). When the armor is unoccupied, it just so happens that the armor's durability is compromised with what would be melee attacks. This is 100% correct if you read comics. You are challenging a straw man.

thumb up

He is basically saying Spiderman is stronger than Hulk, Thor, Surfer, and Taurus. All of whom Ironman withstood licks from.

Ironman armor isn't as formidable when he isn't in it. It becomes fodder. If I post Ares ripping Ironman armor up that didn't have Tony in it vs Thor not damaging Ironman armor that had Tony in it, would he say that Ares is stronger than Thor? I hope he doesn't.

It's obvious Tony armor is fodder when he isn't piloting it.

DarkSaint85
Hey, carver, you asked me for one, just one scan, then you'd concede.

I posted two Spidey scans, one Cap, one Bucky, one Namor. I could go on.

Stop moving the goalposts. You asked for one, I provided several.

Are all of them PIS? Why do mine get waved away as PIS, when we all know a far better explanation is that Marvel are never going to show IM being ripped apart in battle??

carver9
Hey, carver, you asked me for one, just one scan, then you'd concede.

I posted two Spidey scans, one Cap, one Bucky, one Namor. I could go on.

Stop moving the goalposts. You asked for one, I provided several.

Are all of them PIS? Why do mine get waved away as PIS, when we all know a far better explanation is that Marvel are never going to show IM being ripped apart in battle??

You misunderstood what I asked you for though.

DarkSaint85
You misunderstood what I asked you for though.

But.....that would mean you were doing what your new cheerleading buddy, BAV, was criticizing me for!!! Egads!!

Blue Area Vet
Not really.

I am saying that all the instances of empty armours being less durable are plot driven. Without a famous cash cow/character inside, others are free to rip them apart with glee.

Same way in the Animated Xmen series, Wolverine could only slash robots and inanimate objects.

That has nothing to do with their durability. It doesn't change - what is obvious, however, is that Marvel is not going to show Tony getting ripped in two by heralds every week.

Marvel DOES show the armours taking damage, though, when Tony is inside. I have provided many scans, of Cap, Spiderman, Namor, Bucky ripping the armour. So they're obviously still open to being damaged.

With the Hulkbuster, Tony didn't get such damage until later.

But Superior Tony took it apart in two panels.

Yet it never takes nearly the same level of damage, thus coming to hard conclusions about the durability of the armor can only be obtained in a rough estimate of the average showing which will have a very high level of variance.

Blue Area Vet
But.....that would mean you were doing what your new cheerleading buddy, BAV, was criticizing me for!!! Egads!!

I'm "cheerleading" Carver? You're even more of an idiot. I'm explaining his position so that you can stop issuing false challenges and providing scans that don't disprove his claim. He specifically said to show him proof of Ironman "getting his head or arm ripped off...." You provided a scan of Spiderman ripping off his face plate, which ironically should never happen.

carver9
HEY...wait a minute. It's nothing wrong with cheerleading me (even though me and you dispute/go against each other 99% of the time).

Blue Area Vet
HEY...wait a minute. It's nothing wrong with cheerleading me (even though me and you dispute/go against each other 99% of the time).

I cheer lead clarity and logic. Your point about the variance in the portrayal of Ironman's armor when occupied vs. unoccupied should not be contested by any seasoned Marvel reader.

By the way, we don't disagree 99% of the time, you just pulled that outta yo ass! The last thing we disagreed about was Gladiator many months ago....and I was right. evil face

DarkSaint85
He specifically said to show him proof of Ironman "getting his head or arm ripped off...."

Will you stop? Your request is DUMB. You know no such explicit proof exists in comics, yet you keep demanding it to give the impression that you've won the debate. It's very transparent.

Btw, I showed Spiderman ripping his armour apart as well. Cap doing so as well.

carver9

Sigh.

So Ironman durability lies between Captain America and Spiderman ball park?

Blue Area Vet

But not what he asked, so.....

The POINT again is that Ironman's armors' durability is all over the placed. It can be destroyed by Cap but hold up perfectly to Hulk and Thor. Also, it's seemingly more durable when occupied vs. unoccupied. The blows that damage the hull of the armor decapitate or dismember when unoccupied. The writer excises his say.

Stoic
I don't get it DS? You proved that Tony could and would have his suits ripped apart regardless of him being in them or if they were operating under remote control. This leaves me wondering if the suits are simply flimsy under any circumstance? So aside from Tony possibly being able to pilot the suit better while being in it than when he is remotely using it becomes questionable. If we jump to the conclusion that WW Hulk fought a Hulk Buster Iron Man and had trouble with it, we should also jump to the conclusion that the X-Men, Juggernaut, Zom Strange, Sentry, and the rest of the heroes that had trouble against WW Hulk would also be easily defeated by Superior Iron Man, because he easily destroyed the presumably same Hulk Buster suit that gave WW Hulk a fight.

If we decide to believe that Superior Iron Man would defeat WW Hulk, we must also assume that he would be able to easily defeat everyone that WW Hulk defeated. I have to add, that since you proved that the armors could easily be ripped apart by the likes of far weaker characters like Namor, and Spider Man, that we should assume that they would also be a huge problem for WW Hulk. Ares after all ripped through several of those suits like they were paper, but then we see WW Hulk one shot burying him into the asphalt. What should we think here?

1. Inconsistencies can be argued, as it is clear that in some showings Iron Man appears to be portrayed at a far higher level.

2. The scans presented in all, or most instances were handled by different writers that ineptly decided to ignore the characters past feats of durability and strength.

3. WW Hulk was clearly written, and portrayed as being far more powerful than any of the characters that have ripped apart Tony's armor. Why stop at them? Could we also assume that WW Hulk was portrayed as being far more powerful than Superior Iron Man, or should we ignore all evidence except for the evidence that shows Superior Iron Man tearing a prop apart?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't get it DS? You proved that Tony could and would have his suits ripped apart regardless of him being in them or if they were operating under remote control. This leaves me wondering if the suits are simply flimsy under any circumstance? So aside from Tony possibly being able to pilot the suit better while being in it than when he is remotely using it becomes questionable. If we jump to the conclusion that WW Hulk fought a Hulk Buster Iron Man and had trouble with it, we should also jump to the conclusion that the X-Men, Juggernaut, Zom Strange, Sentry, and the rest of the heroes that had trouble against WW Hulk would also be easily defeated by Superior Iron Man, because he easily destroyed the presumably same Hulk Buster suit that gave WW Hulk a fight.

If we decide to believe that Superior Iron Man would defeat WW Hulk, we must also assume that he would be able to easily defeat everyone that WW Hulk defeated. I have to add, that since you proved that the armors could easily be ripped apart by the likes of far weaker characters like Namor, and Spider Man, that we should assume that they would also be a huge problem for WW Hulk. Ares after all ripped through several of those suits like they were paper, but then we see WW Hulk one shot burying him into the asphalt. What should we think here?

1. Inconsistencies can be argued, as it is clear that in some showings Iron Man appears to be portrayed at a far higher level.

2. The scans presented in all, or most instances were handled by different writers that ineptly decided to ignore the characters past feats of durability and strength.

3. WW Hulk was clearly written, and portrayed as being far more powerful than any of the characters that have ripped apart Tony's armor. Why stop at them? Could we also assume that WW Hulk was portrayed as being far more powerful than Superior Iron Man, or should we ignore all evidence except for the evidence that shows Superior Iron Man tearing a prop apart?

Different armours, remember. Hulkbuster is vastly diff from the others.

Carver asked for standard armours - so I limited my scans to those.

What Ares/Spiderman/Namor/Bucky did is moot, as armours are all different.

So we should only focus on the Hulkbuster's showings.

Blue Area Vet

Don't have to, standard armors have taken blows from Thor and Hulk without damage.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk has blitzed Ironman before and his energy attacks along with his strength is nothing to the Hulk. Ironman recently threw a city at Hulk at it did nothing. Hell, the WWH and Tony fight, their shockwaves was destroying the city and he still couldn't drop Hulk. He isn't doing anything here and Hulk WILL hit Tony, a lot.

That's good. Iron Man has surprised Classic Count Nefaria with his speed. And can just encase Hulk in a forcefield, altering the direction he jumps in.

And Hulk can be dropped. Right repulsors/uni-beam/pulse bolts combo could do that. And guess what, Stark actually did it in comics.

Stoic

Different armors but the same material? Could the Hulk Buster unit that fought WW Hulk be a different armor than the one that Superior Iron Man tore apart? After all, didn't WW Hulk destroy that particular unit? What about the idea that WW Hulk defeated guys far above anything that Superior Iron Man has ever gotten into it with? We would indeed have to prove that Superior Iron Man could handle a guy capable of nearly sinking the entire Eastern Seaboard with a foot fall while holding back. I assume that this would be impossible to prove due to the lack of feats.

DarkSaint85
Different armors but the same material? Could the Hulk Buster unit that fought WW Hulk be a different armor than the one that Superior Iron Man tore apart? After all, didn't WW Hulk destroy that particular unit? What about the idea that WW Hulk defeated guys far above anything that Superior Iron Man has ever gotten into it with? We would indeed have to prove that Superior Iron Man could handle a guy capable of nearly sinking the entire Eastern Seaboard with a foot fall while holding back. I assume that this would be impossible to prove due to the lack of feats.

He DID destroy it...then it got reanimated, right?

I don't see why Tony would rebuild it and make it weaker than before, is all.

Unless of course, it was an inferior prototype that Tony had lying around - but that's conjecture on my part.

I think Stilt doesn't want Eastern Seaboard Hulk here, he can clarify. I thought it was the one that fought the Hulkbuster, vs Superior who also fought the Hulkbuster...

StiltmanFTW
World Breaker NOT allowed.

Blue Area Vet

Good question!

Stoic
He DID destroy it...then it got reanimated, right?

I don't see why Tony would rebuild it and make it weaker than before, is all.

Unless of course, it was an inferior prototype that Tony had lying around - but that's conjecture on my part.

I think Stilt doesn't want Eastern Seaboard Hulk here, he can clarify. I thought it was the one that fought the Hulkbuster, vs Superior who also fought the Hulkbuster...

WW Hulk is the Hulk that took part in the entire WW Hulk series. In that series he nearly sank the entire Eastern Seaboard with a foot fall. It's also a little too late to begin changing the parameters of the OP.

StiltmanFTW
Maybe try reading the OP? stick out tongue

Stoic
World Breaker not allowed. Well then that would be the Green Scar at HOTM levels, and not what he was during the WW Hulk series. It's obvious that you want to take away the Hulk's actual powers in order for this farce to continue Stilt.

DarkSaint85
Stilt, you disgust me.

StiltmanFTW
@Stoic

laughing out loud

You need to turn your fanboy mode off, seriously.

Stoic
@Stoic

laughing out loud

You need to turn your fanboy mode off, seriously.

I'm not in fan mode. I'm going by what the Mod's ruling of WW Hulk actually is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.