How long will the new Expanded Universe last?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
I don't know if the NU, can last as long as the EU. How many years do you think Disney will keep it alive, before it burns out?

Sinious
The movie trilogy should keep the demand high. I don't think its gonna die anytime soon.

carthage
Haven't the sales for the new books been low to middling? I remember reading Tarkin didn't sell as expected, at least in comparison to some off the Fate of The Jedi books.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Haven't the sales for the new books been low to middling? I remember reading Tarkin didn't sell as expected, at least in comparison to some off the Fate of The Jedi books. I wouldn't have expected a book about Tarkin to sell incredibly well, tbh.

Novels like Dark Disciple and Lords of the Sith probably sold well. mmm

Darth Thor
The Star Wars comics sell Extremely Well:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015/2015-07.html

2 Star Wars comics in the top 5, and 3 in the top 10.

Heck even Princess Leia was no.15. The lowest selling is Kanan which was number 28 with 50,000 copies sold, which is still really good for a monthly comic book. When you think these books are selling better than the likes of Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men.

carthage
I meant the novels

psmith81992
The EU is going to continue selling, I don't think most people give a damn about the movie books.

Gambler
It won't survive long if they'll keep focusing on film and animated series characters. The old EU created many original stories and characters. So far we have only tiresome OT characters (I like them, but not so much in comic books).

FreshestSlice
>implying that literally anyone actually cared about those characters and that the old EU wasn't mainly running of the smoke of the OT and PT.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>implying that literally anyone actually cared about those characters and that the old EU wasn't mainly running of the smoke of the OT and PT.

I liked em.

Also Gambler, the new EU just started so give it time.

FreshestSlice
That's great, and while I was obviously exaggerating, the old EU wasn't the hot stuff the die hards want to pretend it was. It was a bunch of original saga references and OT jump offs.

Q99
79 hours.

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Heck even Princess Leia was no.15. The lowest selling is Kanan which was number 28 with 50,000 copies sold, which is still really good for a monthly comic book. When you think these books are selling better than the likes of Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men.

The old Dark Horse comics often were considered quite solid at 20k, which is not at all a bad number for a non-big-two book (Transformers nowadays does 8k-9k with two books, and that's solid enough for them to decide to give it a third ongoing).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
I meant the novels

Originally posted by Q99
The old Dark Horse comics often were considered quite solid at 20k, which is not at all a bad number for a non-big-two book (Transformers nowadays does 8k-9k with two books, and that's solid enough for them to decide to give it a third ongoing).

Point is, just based on the comics alone, the new EU is holding very strong, and any talk about it dying is silly at this point.

Of course they might want to give the popular monthly comics breaks/reboots at times, given the characters and time periods they involve atm, there's only so far they can go with them.

But they certainly won't stop due to lack of financial success. Not the way they're selling atm.

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Point is, just based on the comics alone, the new EU is holding very strong, and any talk about it dying is silly at this point.

78 hours left.

FreshestSlice
RIP Star Wars.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Q99
78 hours left.

Until what? The New EU finishes? LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.