Age Limits on Leadership Positions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
As in "Should there be".

And what I mean is I look at some of the people running for the U.S President and a good chunk (at least on the Dem side this time around) are in their very late 60's to mid 70's. And I wonder. Should their be a AGE cut off? This goes for every country with a 'Elected Position of Leadership". Not just the U.S.

I mean even with the best healthcare available a healthy 75 year old is still a 75 year old.

What is the opinion of this topic for this msg board?

jaden101
Yes. In fact I think we should just go ahead and implement Logan's Run.

Surtur
It actually makes no sense to not take age into consideration. This is simply because a job like being President is a very high stress job.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by jaden101
Yes. In fact I think we should just go ahead and implement Logan's Run.

*takes into account that jaden101 is of TERMINATION Age*

jaden101
Originally posted by Flyattractor
*takes into account that jaden101 is of TERMINATION Age*

I've got 4 years left. Then you an i will dance the deadly dance, my friend

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
It actually makes no sense to not take age into consideration. This is simply because a job like being President is a very high stress job.
Agree.
They say you age 2 years for every 1 as President. Obama's the fittest president we've had in a while, and you can see the wear on him.

Q99
We take it into account when selecting people, I think, but at the same time, it's a moving target. Medical technology is changing. Someone who's 30 now is likely to be in much better shape at 80 than a current 80 year old.

I don't think there needs to be a hard limit, because how people age varies and medicine is marching the lines back, and we tend not to try and elect 80 year olds anyway.

Bentley

Surtur
Yes medicine is making strides, but as of right now I wouldn't want a president in their 70's.

We need to be bridging that gap between the president and the current generation, not adding more and more years to said gap.

riv6672
^^^Ooh, nicely put especially that ladt part...thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.