Nihilus vs. Anakin, Dooku and Ulic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Kashyyyk moon where the Dark Reaper was used.

Who wins?

carthage
Team stomps

McP
Anakin solos, Dooku solos, Ulic probably solos. Nihilus is overated piece of shit. Probably below Darth Traya.

ILS
Team drain resistance ftw

Nargaroth
Team.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by McP
Anakin solos, Dooku solos, Ulic probably solos. Nihilus is overated piece of shit. Probably below Darth Traya.
...except for the part where he defeated her? I mean really.

Anyway, no one on this team is soloing,but they definitely could defeat him if they got in close before he is able to drain them, which they can.

Stigma
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
he is able to drain them
Drain resistence?

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Stigma
Drain resistence?

Now that you mention it, wasn't the Dark Reaper potent enough to drain an entire moon?

Stigma
Yeah.

FreshestSlice
Yeah and Nihilus can drain planets with a thought, with the added benefit of not being terrible in combat. There's only so much you can focus on at once.

Stigma
Nihilus can drain planets with a thought
Source/proof? biscuits

FreshestSlice
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48954/1640522-force_drain_1.jpg

>Acting like Visas wouldn't agree with me

Stigma
Meh. It says "when he spoke"... I hear Nihilus likes to monologue for hours. Certainly not as fast as thought. erm

Kenobi is as wise as Yoda and as strong as Windu < Anakin's opinion.>. Characters opinions are fallible. Why not Visas 's?

SunRazer
Nihilus prays.

carthage
laughing out loud

Stigma
Originally posted by SunRazer
Nihilus prays.
For mercy, yes. big grin

SunRazer
No, he prays for assistance. And for one last meal before his armor shatters from the combined aura of his three opponents who are all so much cooler than him.

FreshestSlice
Meh. It says "when he spoke"... I hear Nihilus likes to monologue for hours. Certainly not as fast as thought. erm

Nihilus is constantly draining during these monologue's so...

Because she actually saw it for herself several times? Just a guess.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
No, he prays for assistance. And for one last meal before his armor shatters from the combined aura of his three opponents who are all so much cooler than him.

None of these guys are cooler than Nihilus. And Anakin certainly isn't. erm

Stigma
Nihilus is constantly draining during these monologue's so...

That's not what the text says, though.

Anakin saw Kenobi in action more than several times...

Bottom line:

1. Proof Nihilus's can drain instantly (as fast as thought)?
2. Proof Nihilus can drain very powerful Force users like Anakin or Dooku?
3. Speed feats for Nihilus that preclude him being overwhelmed by the teams speed?
4. Question: Is drain resostence that the team knows sufficient on itself to secure the team from N.s drain?

FreshestSlice
That's not what the text says, though.

The text doesn't say he needs to monologue either. There's really no point here.

And he rarely sees Yoda or Windu in action. Not only that but the two situations are hardly comparable. Timing something and comparing relative power are nowhere near the same.

It's shown.

The fact that an entire planet and some of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy were all killed in a matter of hours, as well as total destruction of the environment around them.

Which I never claimed.

Obviously it helps, but acting like it's an auto win for team because they can resist drain is stupid. What will win this for the team is superior combat skills and numbers.

Deronn_solo
Team stomps.

Board Walker
It says when he spoke, that means the moment he made an audible noise the entire planet died.

The team dies instantly

Stigma
The text doesn't say he needs to monologue either. There's really no point here.
It says he spoke.

Speaking =/= as fast as thought. I think you agree?

And he rarely sees Yoda or Windu in action. Not only that but the two situations are hardly comparable. Timing something and comparing relative power are nowhere near the same.
The point being that characters' opinions and guesses are always fallible, at least to a degree. Don't you agree?

Anakin pegs Kenobi at Windu's power level, Bane claims that Kas'im is the greatest duelist that ever lived, etc.

In short, I do not feel compelled to take Visas's opinion at face value.

It's shown.
I recall seeing the art of the comic. Hard to say how fast it was. Certainly didn't seem instantenous to me tbh, but feel free to post it.

The fact that an entire planet and some of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy were all killed in a matter of hours, as well as total destruction of the environment around them.
quantity =/= quality

We've seen that Force users (even unrefined) but possessing some degree of innate power can withstand planetary attacks (Zannah).

I venture a guess that none of the mooks N. killed on Katarr where even close in power to Anakin, Dooku or Ulic.

I reiterate the question: Has Nihilus ever successfully drained anyone of the same Force-tier as the team?

Which I never claimed.
I am well aware, and hope you didn't take it as something I was trying to pass off as your claim.

It was more a general observation/question. I have a feeling that speed comparision between Nihilus and the team will not be flattering to big N.

Obviously it helps, but acting like it's an auto win for team because they can resist drain is stupid. What will win this for the team is superior combat skills and numbers.
I don't think I am acting like that tbh. I am rather sceptical on N.'s trademark attack, though. Yet, agreed on the assertion on combat skills and numbers thumb up

My contention was also to ask if you consider the defence that the team knows to be sufficent to defend themselves from N.'s drain.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys
None of these guys are cooler than Nihilus. And Anakin certainly isn't. erm

I said it to tick people off. It seems I've succeeded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.