Raiden(MGS4) vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
I know Death Battle is going to release this fight today, but I want to hear you guys opinion.
During my search I found many guys on ComicVine who says MGS4 Raiden is just "peak human" and doesn't have any fighting skills..... So this is one of the reason i'm making this fight.

Both have some knowledge about each other.

Both are bloodlusted and very pissed off.

Round 1: Raiden from MGS4 with his HF Blade, Combat Knife, Throwing Knives vs Bone skeleton and claw Wolverine.

Round 2: Raiden with the same weapons as round 1 vs Wolverine with Adamantium skeleton and claws.

They fights on the same place Raiden fought MG Rays in MGS2.

Sacred Fire
You want my opinion? Stop going to ComicVine.

Solid47
Originally posted by Sacred Fire
You want my opinion? Stop going to ComicVine.
Those guys on that site really piss me off. And I stopped going on that site a year ago, since they believes Batgirl can stomp Raiden.

cdtm
KzfYcwo7Wtw

Peak human.. eek!

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Solid47
Those guys on that site really piss me off. And I stopped going on that site a year ago, since they believes Batgirl can stomp Raiden. I hate you.

StealthRanger
MGS4 Raiden is still able to stop a massive submarine for a bit, so he should still outclass Wolverine

byrdgang21
First off whoever said MGS4 Raiden is peak human is an idiot. Maybe MGS2 could be considered peak human but def not MGS4. As for this Fight

1. Raiden
2. Wolverine in a tough fight.

Keep in mind I'm only using feats from MGS4 not MGRR

Jmanghan
WHO CARES ABOUT COMICVINE!

Solid47
Originally posted by Jmanghan
WHO CARES ABOUT COMICVINE!
You declared a war against them, and said to talk s*** about them. That's why I'm making these threads.

Jmanghan
You declared a war against them, and said to talk s*** about them. That's why I'm making these threads. Oh, yeah. Good job soldier.

RadZoa
Originally posted by cdtm
KzfYcwo7Wtw

Peak human.. eek! Raiden from MGS4 =/= Raiden from Revengance

Granted Raiden from MGS4 was able to stop a giant ship but his strength was highly inconsistent, in that same game 4 Gekkos were able to restrain him and in another instance (right before holding back that ship) his arm was caught in some debris and he couldn't get free so he had to cut his arm off.

RadZoa
Make no mistake, Comicvine is only the second worst site behind Naruto Forums when it comes to the ratio of stupid people in the community, but MGS4 Raiden was pretty underwhelming struggling so much with Vamp when he beat Vamp several times in MGS2 while he was still a human, on top of incompetent fighting skills and inconsistent strength. He was still extremely durable so I don't think any street leveler character would beat him in hand to hand because their punches won't do much, but a character who uses weaponry, especially bladed weapons could beat him.

Revengance Raiden is a whole other beast, but as Kojima said, it's Platinums take on the character, even Kojima was initially opposed to Raiden throwing RAY in the air and called it "Ridiculous" but had to compromise because it was Platinums project.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by RadZoa
Raiden from MGS4 =/= Raiden from Revengance

Granted Raiden from MGS4 was able to stop a giant ship but his strength was highly inconsistent, in that same game 4 Gekkos were able to restrain him and in another instance (right before holding back that ship) his arm was caught in some debris and he couldn't get free so he had to cut his arm off. MGR Raiden, is so much more powerful then MGS4 that its not even funny, he effortlessly threw Metal Gear Ray farther then at least 2 city blocks.

Solid47
Make no mistake, Comicvine is only the second worst site behind Naruto Forums when it comes to the ratio of stupid people in the community, but MGS4 Raiden was pretty underwhelming struggling so much with Vamp when he beat Vamp several times in MGS2 while he was still a human, on top of incompetent fighting skills and inconsistent strength. He was still extremely durable so I don't think any street leveler character would beat him in hand to hand because their punches won't do much, but a character who uses weaponry, especially bladed weapons could beat him.

Revengance Raiden is a whole other beast, but as Kojima said, it's Platinums take on the character, even Kojima was initially opposed to Raiden throwing RAY in the air and called it "Ridiculous" but had to compromise because it was Platinums project.
Some ComicViners believes CJ and Jason Brody are on Punisher's league, and think Snake and other characters like Fisher and Leon would get curbstomped by some random dumb girl on YouTube videos shooting big guns.

RadZoa
Some ComicViners believes CJ and Jason Brody are on Punisher's league, and think Snake and other characters like Fisher and Leon would get curbstomped by some random dumb girl on YouTube videos shooting big guns. Are you kidding me? I lurk on Comicvine (I shouldn't because the post there can give one brain damage)

They wank the shit out of Resident Evil characters, I see one idiot who said that Daredevil wouldn't be able to hurt Chris Redfield with punches and that Chris Redfield is a five tonnor, and that Jill Valentine is superhuman

Comicvine along with OBD are quite literally the special ed classes of internet forums.

Solid47
Are you kidding me? I lurk on Comicvine (I shouldn't because the post there can give one brain damage)

They wank the shit out of Resident Evil characters, I see one idiot who said that Daredevil wouldn't be able to hurt Chris Redfield with punches and that Chris Redfield is a five tonnor, and that Jill Valentine is superhuman

Comicvine along with OBD are quite literally the special ed classes of internet forums.
Along with MVC and 4Chan.

dika123
i am disagree OBD sucks, many people saying because they powerscaling logic but i am fine with that. btw spacebattles, anime vice and factpile forum is more worse.

Q99
Raiden, his stats are just so much higher. Adamantium or not, Wolverine's outmatched.

RadZoa
Originally posted by dika123
i am disagree OBD sucks, many people saying because they powerscaling logic but i am fine with that. btw spacebattles, anime vice and factpile forum is more worse. OBD is bad because the power scaling doesn't make any sense and they rarely ever provide evidence for their arguments, and the worst part is that when they lose an argument the resort to gang trolling and flinging insults when they can't back up their points

Factpile is bad, I'd put it on the same level as OBD, Spacebattle has it's moments but at least people provide reasonable arguments and don't have 6-7 users fling shit when they can't back their statements up.

OBD, Factpile and Comicvine are cancer, Spacebattles at the very worst is herpes.

Q99
I used to do SB, they'd normally have a good deal more evidence-giving than here... though they may have gone downhill some with time.

Q99
Ok, saw the fight on DB- I'm not completely convinced by their logic on the sword, but their reasoning is not an unreasonable one (though even then, the multi-cuts on the end shouldn't have worked, as that's much thicker adamantium than the first successful cut!).

And conversely, I will note that Wolverine has at least been temporarily dropped/KOed by a lot of cuts and such, so they went with the higher end take on the healing factor.

So they were going high-end with both parties. Which is fine with me. And that aside, it was the *visually* best fight I've seen from them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.