When Pre-Order Bonuses Were Good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Remember before developers decided to hold in-game content hostage, you actually got stuff worthwhile that weren't characters, weapons, missions, skins, or maps but physical items?

Share with us what you got back in that golden age before it got all defiled.

For instance, when I pre-ordered Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, I got a T-shirt. Y'know. Stuff like that.

Sacred Fire
Halo 4 Edition 360.

That's basically my only experience with it, and I was lucky to get back in town in time to pick it up before my reservation went out.

Edit: BTW, do they still produce Cole MacGrath's sling backpack? I have one already, but I'd like to know if I can still replace it if I ever need to.

Kazenji

Smasandian
The only collectors edition I got was Half-Life 2. It was a ****ing t-shirt. Waste of money.

Never bought a collector edition again.

But I remember the reason behind pre-orders was because stores didn't stock a ton of copies in the store. I used to pre-order so I can actually get a copy of the game.

For instance, when I was in Ottawa, I tried to pick up RE4 because I read reviews stating it was amazing so I went to the store I usually go to and it was all gone. I literally took the bus for 3 hours trying to look for a copy and finally did and it was one of the last copies they had. Same thing happened with GTA San Andreas on the PC (and I think I still have that copy with the Hot Coffee content on it)

Bentley

Kazenji
In regards to the collectors edition's usually you can find out what the hell your getting with it

i felt the worst one i seen was the one for Resident Evil 6, Soon as i seen that one i went meh...so i went with the No Hope Left Edition which came with a Messenger Bag.

Smasandian
True. The only problem is that you have no idea of the quality of the products you are getting with the collectors edition.

It might be a shirt or something but it could be a piece of shit...

ares834
Wind Waker's of course.

The preorder bonus was Oot & Master Quest.

Ascendancy
Deux Ex and Dead Space 2. Physical items, art books, exclusive in-game goodies, making of vid features, and so forth. Twas lovely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.