Overlord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
"Instead of taking the usual route, Overlord the Anime reverses the formula. Main protagonist of this show, Momonga, is an Evil Overlord, he loves his job, he is sufficiently intelligent, paranoid and most importantly he is competent in what he does. Followed by his army of monsters, undead and demons, he slowly makes his way towards the world domination, plotting the best strategy to pit heroes against each other and using his tremendous power with maximum efficiency."

My new favourite anime.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/29803/Overlord

danteiscool

Dreampanther
Overlord really surprised me. I kept waiting for him to become outraged and thirsting for vengeance in a typically good-guy role when his companions were killed and instead he just shrugged it off. So far he is a very interesting character. I never read the manga so I don't know what to expect and I am very much looking forward to each week's episode.

The fight scenes are pretty awesome and the humour is funny, but not overdone.

danteiscool
In a way, he did become enraged a bit when that one team of guys got killed in one of the recent episodes. He just showed it very differently from the usual shonen-esque way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.