How to solve the "Speeding" problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
*nods to Bardock*

People not obeying the posted speed limits on the U.S Highways is a very real problem. As pointed out most people do it. They only time they are every stopped is in the actual presence of Law Enforcement.
So I came up with this idea. What if the Highway Patrols started putting unmarked cars with cameras on the roads. Instead of pulling speeders over they just take pics of liscense plates and then start sending tickets out in the mail.

How would you react if knowing that the person you just passed doing 110 mph might be your friendly neighborhood Hypo and that he now sending you a very expensive surprise in the mail?

I think we should do it. It would cut down on lawlessness and make cities and counties tones of money.

Bardock42
They do some of that in Germany already.

They have random unmanned speeding cameras set up. And unmarked cars pull over dangerous drivers and speeders (henceforth called "Illegals"wink. Personally I think these Illegals should be sent to prison for 10 years minimum and then deported to random countries around the world. Mexico can pay for it, we need to deal with the illegal drivers problem, it is one of the biggest issue today, Illegals killing people in traffic accidents.

Flyattractor
If that is the case I will send some sunscreen to Bardocky. Mexico is way more sunny then Germany.

Surtur
Why bother putting unmarked cars with camera's? Why not just put camera's at regular intervals? I really don't drive on highways though if I can avoid it.

How about this: if someone gets a ticket they pay for it. However, if they then go 2 years without a ticket they get the money refunded.

People are greedy, they might be encouraged to drive a bit safer if they think they will get that sweet sweet green back.

jinXed by JaNx
Soon they'll have technology where we wont have to worry about this because the cars and the traffic systems will be working on the same system, so even if you want to speed through the next light, your car will automatically slow down because it senses a yieldlight or redlight ahead.

riv6672
^^^Oh, people'd be POd about that!

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Oh, people'd be POd about that!

Actually I think people would very quickly warm up to it because think about what can cause traffic jams: just one dipshit who doesn't know how to drive can cause a chain reaction that can back up a ton of traffic.

With everything automated people won't be causing huge traffic jams so the need for speeding will be greatly diminished.

Actually I think people like the cops would be more pissed off then anyone else because they would lose out on all that money they get from writing tickets. It wouldn't surprise me if they actively fought against any type of system that would get rid of speeding tickets.

riv6672
Good points.
I was just thinking of the possoble "infringing on my rights/Big Brother" rants from some quarters...

Time-Immemorial
Bardock lives in a country with roads that don't have speed limits. I like how he talks about U.S. Speeding laws.

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Bardock lives in a country with roads that don't have speed limits. I like how he talks about U.S. Speeding laws.

But he said in Germany they do have some camera's for speeding, so how can they not have a speed limit?

riv6672
I loved driving on the autobahn...yes

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
But he said in Germany they do have some camera's for speeding, so how can they not have a speed limit?

Germany has speed limits

riv6672
Of course they do.
And God forbid you're in a military vehicle and hit a cow or a tree...

Flyattractor
But they were probably Nazis.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
But they were probably Nazis.

There was a Weeping Willow I knew for 18 years until one day bam.. it just outright comes at me with some anti-Semitic rants. Twas I the one who weeped that day.

Tzeentch
Let's just kill anyone who gets caught speeding.

Surtur
We could try shaming people. I forget which country did it..but they would shame drunk drivers. They'd post their pictures in the paper with a headline of "he's drunk and in jail".

A good public shaming can work wonders.

red g jacks
let's just do away with cars tbh

see the problem with the "speeding" problem is these motorways are built to sustain vehicles traveling at a far greater speed than what the govt allows in many cases, but since they don't trust every individual person to be able to operate a vehichle at that speed on that road, they set a limit for everyone.

to be fair. which isn't really fair when you think about it cause why should i be slowed down just cause you can't trust some other grandma/intoxicated person to be able to drive as fast as me safely and successfully without any accidents?

really, the talented and capable drivers are being limited by the weakest links among them. that's not very fair to me. but it does keep shit moving at a more or less consistent pace... which is exactly what the illuminati wants you to do.

if you ask me, the solution to this "speeding" problem is very clear:

re-engineer american cities to work on the basis of highly efficient public transport, and do away with cars entirely. round up all the hillfolk and force them to live in said cities as well.

if they want their own culture they can have their city be new orleans or someshit

that's how i would solve the "speeding" problem

riv6672
We could try shaming people. I forget which country did it..but they would shame drunk drivers. They'd post their pictures in the paper with a headline of "he's drunk and in jail".

A good public shaming can work wonders.
I've seen that done in the military. Soldiers posted at busy intersections holding signs saying they'd failed sobriety tests...

Mindset
*nods to Bardock*

People not obeying the posted speed limits on the U.S Highways is a very real problem. As pointed out most people do it. They only time they are every stopped is in the actual presence of Law Enforcement.
So I came up with this idea. What if the Highway Patrols started putting unmarked cars with cameras on the roads. Instead of pulling speeders over they just take pics of liscense plates and then start sending tickets out in the mail.

How would you react if knowing that the person you just passed doing 110 mph might be your friendly neighborhood Hypo and that he now sending you a very expensive surprise in the mail?

I think we should do it. It would cut down on lawlessness and make cities and counties tones of money. You make me sick.

You sound like a dog of the state.

FIGHT THE POWER!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
You make me sick.

You sound like a dog of the state.

FIGHT THE POWER!

....huh..made my day.

Originally posted by red g jacks
let's just do away with cars tbh

see the problem with the "speeding" problem is these motorways are built to sustain vehicles traveling at a far greater speed than what the govt allows in many cases, but since they don't trust every individual person to be able to operate a vehichle at that speed on that road, they set a limit for everyone.

to be fair. which isn't really fair when you think about it cause why should i be slowed down just cause you can't trust some other grandma/intoxicated person to be able to drive as fast as me safely and successfully without any accidents?

really, the talented and capable drivers are being limited by the weakest links among them. that's not very fair to me. but it does keep shit moving at a more or less consistent pace... which is exactly what the illuminati wants you to do.

if you ask me, the solution to this "speeding" problem is very clear:

re-engineer american cities to work on the basis of highly efficient public transport, and do away with cars entirely. round up all the hillfolk and force them to live in said cities as well.

if they want their own culture they can have their city be new orleans or someshit

that's how i would solve the "speeding" problem
Al Gore is that you?

red g jacks
Al Gore is that you? Al Gore's *****, is that you?

riv6672
Huh.
Guess we're done here. huh

jinXed by JaNx
There was a Weeping Willow I knew for 18 years until one day bam.. it just outright comes at me with some anti-Semitic rants. Twas I the one who weeped that day.

Well, i would hope so, cuz you cant let them nazis' win. Hope you enjoyed that pussy willow over a crackling fire in your fire place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.