Orbalisk Bane runs duelists gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Bane fights some of the most powerful and accomplished duelists in SW mythos.

Bane gets his Orbalisk to maximize his chances.

He gets full health restored after each battle.

All fights are SABERS ONLY FIGHTS.

Setting: Naboo plains

1. Grievous
2. HoT
3. SoD Maul
4. RotS Kenobi
5. Mace
6. Dooku
7. Exar Kun
8. RotS Anakin
9. RotS Sidious
10. RotS Yoda

Nephthys
9, 10 or clear.

carthage
Loses all

Aurbere
Originally posted by Nephthys
9, 10 or clear.

Um... How?

Stigma
Good question, Aurbere.

Nephthys
I think the OP edited in Mace so it's possible he also loses there, but I've started doubting Windu so I'll probably stick to my guns. Other than him he gets to 9 by being better than everyone proceeding it. Thats how.

Orb Bane "can" beat Yoda imo, since his orbalisks give him a massive advantage over someone Yoda's size. Sidious isn't a discussion I'm inviting.

Stigma
I edited out Caedus at 8 and added Grievous as 1. Don't grasp at straws, Neph. So. Not. Cool. erm

BTW

Orb Bane "can" beat Yoda imo, since his orbalisks give him a massive advantage over someone Yoda's size. Sidious isn't a discussion I'm inviting.
If he gets to Yoda, he needs to get there by beating Sidious. mmm.

Seems you have no choice but to explain how he beats Sidious in the first place mmm.

Nephthys
I thought the HoT was at 1.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
Loses all

Raptor22
Stops at 5

Stigma
I thought the HoT was at 1.
Changed it. Not he's 2. Grievous was added at 1, and Caedus was edited out.

Aurbere

Explain this height advantage to me.

carthage
Originally posted by Raptor22
Stops at 5

Why not sooner?

Its so obvious Kenobi, Hero, Grievous, or Dooku can't beat great fighters like Kas'im or Sirak.

EmperorSidious2
9, 10 or clear.

You're a fool to think he gets passed Sidious or Yoda. laughing out loud laughing out loud Best duelist of all time, or like top 3. He doesn't even get passed mace or Dooku, or possibly even maul.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Aurbere
Yoda being smaller is actually an advantage anyway, so I'd also like to hear this.

Stigma
Neph is being called out on this. uhuh What say you, Neph?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Aurbere

Bane's covered in invincible orbalisks except for his head, which is a good 6 and a half feet off the ground. Yoda's too small to attack in any manner except by jumping at Bane's head, which severely limits his abilities, options and makes him very predictable. It's also dangerous, since you can't exactly change directions in mid-air, accelerate or block attacks effectively. Can't really utilise much skill except spinning, which while a good trick, isn't that good. Bane could just punch him out of the air without worrying about his saber, afterall.

Obviously, Yoda can jump good and could plausibly pull it off regardless but it's such a big disadvantage that it's just a likely he won't.

Stigma
What about the wrists? Johun was able to cut Bane at one.

Aurbere
Or he could go for the wrists:

She felt the surge of light-side energy rolling across the room, as did Bane's opponents. Suddenly invigorated, they backed her Master up against a wall, concentrating their attacks on his face and the joints of his wrist where the orbalisks had left tiny gaps in his armor.

--Rule of Two

Much easier target. Not to mention Yoda is much faster, smarter, more skilled, and generally just better than Bane is.

Edit: Whoops, someone beat me to it. But there's the quote anyway.

Nephthys
Barely, and only because Bane was fighting Raskta and Farfalla at the same time and he was enhanced by BM. It healed almost instantly.

Stigma
Barely, and only because Bane was fighting Raskta and Farfalla at the same time and he was enhanced by BM. It healed almost instantly. Farfalla and Johun are fodder, though. And Lsu has more or less only hype.

It healed instantly because it was a not deep enough cut. Still, if someone like Johun can cut him, what stops much more agile, skilled and faster Yoda to cut Bane's hand clean off?

EDIT: And that's assuming Bane even gets to Yoda. He needs to go though someone like Sidious first. Or Anakin, who trashed Dooku in saber combat.

Nephthys
They were enhanced by BM and Farfalla wasn't fodder, his form was stated to be perfect. Raskta was also using a form Bane's not good against, and only a fool wouldn't recognise her skill.

Bane won't be distracted by 2 other BM'd fighters, one of which was specifically syncing her attacks up with Johun's for maximum effect. His hand is also a small, fast moving target. And the joint that Yoda will be aiming for won't be in a good position for him to cut since Bane will be mainly facing him. It's still an incredibly hard area to target and gives Bane a huge advantage compared to his total offensive freedom.

Fated Xtasy
He can probably get to and die at Mace's level.

Mace has TK on lock, and saber skill to boot. I don't see Bane winning this one.

Stigma
They were enhanced by BM and Farfalla wasn't fodder, his form was stated to be perfect.

Fodder enhanced by BM is a um... better fodder?

Apart from that statement what are Farfallas' accomplishments as as a duelist. Like actual feats?

His hand is also a small, fast moving target. And the joint that Yoda will be aiming for won't be in a good position for him to cut since Bane will be mainly facing him. It's still an incredibly hard area to target and gives Bane a huge advantage compared to his total offensive freedom.
Yoda's smaller size will grant him maneuverability that Bane can only dream off. In that case, combined with Yoda's agility, speed and saber mastery I can definitely see Yoda pulling that off.

carthage
Farfalla killed an injured and exhausted Kopesh (The tank). In Neph lingo that makes him at least Ulic Qel-Droma tier

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
Farfalla killed an injured and exhausted Kopesh (The tank). In Neph lingo that makes him at least Ulic Qel-Droma tier
I see. Well, that's... not at all impressive.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
He can probably get to and die at Mace's level.

Mace has TK on lock, and saber skill to boot. I don't see Bane winning this one.
"TK on lock" doesn't really help in sabers only.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
"TK on lock" doesn't really help in sabers only.

my bad.

Still, he stops at Mace.

Emperordmb
Stops at Mace or Sidious.

Selenial
He probably makes it to two, given the HoT is about as bad as Bane is. Beyond that he stands no shot.

carthage
Lol @ DMB putting Bane on par with Mace and Sidious in skill

Emperordmb
I said he definitely stops at Sidious... how is that me putting Bane on par with Sidious? Stop misrepresenting my opinions to try and make me look bad.

FreshestSlice
Calm your ****. To get past Sidious, he'd have to get past Mace, and getting past Mace would definitely make Bane a peer of Sidious, as well as a peer of Mace.

Nephthys
Not necessarily. Mace wouldn't have the huge sense of betrayal to bolster his inner darkness to draw upon.

SunRazer
Falls at 5 or 7.

Stigma
TBH I have my doubts if Bane can pass Maul at #3.

At #1 Grievous will also be a problem for him imho.

AncientPower
He might get passed one because of his plot armor but he loses all others.

Stigma
Originally posted by AncientPower
He might get passed one because of his plot armor but he loses all others.
I concur. thumb up

Board Walker
It is a 50/50 toss up between Bane and Grievous

FreshestSlice
Not necessarily. Mace wouldn't have the huge sense of betrayal to bolster his inner darkness to draw upon.
I like how you're implying Mace needs a huge amp to be comparable to Sidious, and especially Bane in sabers.

Nephthys
I wasn't really just implying it.

FreshestSlice
Legit disgusting.

Stigma
I wasn't really just implying it. What skill/saber feats does Bane have that put him on Mace's level?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.