Will Episode 7 be good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Will the new Star Wars be good?

ares834
Hopefully. It's looking very good (if unoriginal) so far.

Aurbere
Yes it will be. It looks good so far.

FreshestSlice
I definitely already saw it to answer this question.

psmith81992
Looks meh.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by ares834
Hopefully. It's looking very good (if unoriginal) so far.

How is it looking unoriginal? There's definitely a bit of mirroring with ANH, but the story is still 100% different.

Design wise, it's an evolution of technology from the OT.

ares834
"A bit of mirroring"? This movie looks like it's gonna be very similar to ANH. We've got the Empire, Rebels, a Vader, a promising Jedi pupil, a super weapon, a Tarkin, etc...

Darth Abonis
Yeah its unoriginal.

Bashar Teg
I wouldnt know since unlike some very lucky people here, i did not see it yet.

NewLanceWindu
"A bit of mirroring"? This movie looks like it's gonna be very similar to ANH. We've got the Empire, Rebels, a Vader, a promising Jedi pupil, a super weapon, a Tarkin, etc...

I don't know about you, but I LOVED The Knights of Ren in ANH, and groups of pirates helping the protagonists. Don't forget about that main character Stormtrooper defector.

There's so much more to the movie than the bits you cherry picked.

ares834
There are going to be differences, no one doubts that. But the core of the story is going to be very similar. The Empire has built a super weapon and the Rebels attempt to destroy it. Meanwhile the young heroes have the mcgruffin and at least one of the heroes will begin the heroes journey to become a Jedi.

Add on the fact that we have similar trappings (Kylo is Vader, the Empire, Rebels, etc) and the film begins to look very familiar to ANH.

Darth Abonis
There are going to be differences, no one doubts that. But the core of the story is going to be very similar. The Empire has built a super weapon and the Rebels attempt to destroy it. Meanwhile the young heroes have the mcgruffin and at least one of the heroes will begin the heroes journey to become a Jedi.

Add on the fact that we have similar trappings (Kylo is Vader, the Empire, Rebels, etc) and the film begins to look very familiar to ANH.

Word. I 100% agree.

NewLanceWindu
The story is about finding Luke and the fight over his lost lightsaber. Yes, they have a super weapon, but everything I've heard has pointed to it not being the focus of this movie.

Kylo is a fanatic who is obsessed with Sith artifacts. The Empire and Rebels have always been the main story of Star Wars. This is an evolution of them. The First Order, the remnants of a fallen Empire who are trying to hold on. The Rebels are the rulers of the galaxy now.

You're going by names and not what they actually are. The parallels are there, but not nearly as strong as you guys are making them out to be.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
but the story is still 100% different.

Huh? Did I miss something? Is the Official Plot Synopsis out?

queeq
Nope, just what we know.

Of course it reflects the OT, but it does feel like a story with original characters and an original approach. We all have our fingers crossed!

Darth Thor
I'm confused why this thread is in the film section AND in the EU section.

Same happened with another thread.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Huh? Did I miss something? Is the Official Plot Synopsis out?

Official? No.

However there is a synopsis that covers the majority of the film based on leaks. It keeps getting proven right too.

queeq
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I'm confused why this thread is in the film section AND in the EU section.

Same happened with another thread.

Yeah, we need the forums re-ordered. Hoping for admin powers to move to someone aside from the Great an Powerful Raz.

Ushgarak
It isn't in both sections- it was moved here because it was in the wrong section.

queeq
Of course. hehehe

batman
I have a feeling it's going to be good.

quanchi112
I have a feeling this will be the best Star Wars film to date dethroning Rots.

Bashar Teg
under no circumstances does "dethrone" and "RotS" belong in the same sentence.

queeq
laughing out loud

I doubt it'll be as great as ESB, but I hope it will come close.

JediRobin23
Good is a point of view young one....

queeq
Yes, OB1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.