How powerful is Soa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Based on his feats and hype, where do you think Soa places relative to other force users throughout star wars history?

ares834
Somewhere below Vader.

FreshestSlice
thumb up

Stigma
Originally posted by ares834
Somewhere below Vader.
But above Darth Bane.

psmith81992
More powerful than both

Darth Abonis
Almost as powerful as Vader. Vader><Soa

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
Somewhere below Vader.
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA

Selenial
So Ant, what puts him above Vader?

Vader has better barrier feats, better Telekinesis feats, and can't conjure lightning so that's not exactly a fair comparison. The hype Soa has doesn't really put him at Vader level either.

So what's the deal mmm

NTJack0
Originally posted by Stigma
But above Darth Bane. Such a big gap.

DarthAnt66
kek @ using only a Force barrier and Telekinesis as a comparison.

and Soa is probably better at both taking the OP at face value. thumb up

Selenial
What other feats does he even have, rofl.

He doesn't teleport when I do the fight, I assume that's because my game runs on max. Rakatan mind traps are devices in and of themselves, it's not like he was TP'ing people mid fight for banter.

Other than that, he's got what, Alchemy and some rookie precognition? And speaking in people's minds? Kek

Not exactly like Vader has no feats out of barrier/tk which bias the comparison, I'm just saying, in the areas where you can fairly compare them, Vader ****ing slaughters erm

DarthAnt66
Well obviously the ones presented in the thread, dipshit.

Proof, lmfao?

Those devices don't pull people into it from across the battlefield. erm

Revan in KotOR stood right in front of one but was not trapped until it was open.

One of the greatest in the mythos. mmm

You got better ones for Vader, tbh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

From across the galaxy? Yeah, that's impressive.

Soa's other feats can still be used as proof of his mastery, knowledge, and power, lmfao.

Yeah, you said that last time and still haven't remotely supported the claim.

One more time and I have to quote my post to ares for you specifically. thumb up

Selenial

Well obviously the ones presented in the thread, dipshit.

Proof, lmfao?

Those devices don't pull people into it from across the battlefield. erm

Revan in KotOR stood right in front of one but was not trapped until it was open.

One of the greatest in the mythos. mmm

You got better ones for Vader, tbh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

From across the galaxy? Yeah, that's impressive.

Soa's other feats can still be used as proof of his mastery, knowledge, and power, lmfao.

Yeah, you said that last time and still haven't remotely supported the claim.

One more time and I have to quote my post to ares for you specifically. thumb up

Which is absolutely 0 out of the ones I've presented, k?

Search for NiM EV Soa fight with Vis Fatalis on YouTube. 2 minutes 40, roughly.

Except for that time they did, in Swtor, during a side quest on Belsavis mmm

So Cronal's up there now? Cool, Bantha will be pleased.

Do I have better TK feats for Vader than throwing some rocks, and a better barrier feat than one destroyed by an energy pylon? Yes. Do you really need me to even post them?

Indeed. Krayt, Traya and others have done the same. Difference is, Krayt's other feats are much better, and he's still thought roughly on par with Vader mmm

Indeed, but above Vader? You've yet to prove it.

DarthAnt66
You haven't presented anything, actually.

LMFAO.
LMFAOO.
LMFAOOO.
LMFAOOOO.
LMFAOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOO.
LMAOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The video you linked shows him teleporting from high above the platform to the platform with a big lightning explosion indicating his arrival.

GJ Selenial, much argument there. thumb up

Proof? The last "proof" you gave me proved my point, so let's see if I can score two for two.

I was under the impression he could only do that by putting shit on them or something.

---

What are you even referring to at this part?

Better TK feats (ragdolling members of OP striketeam and five giant Rakata structures that are like 35 feet tall - at a time), strength (obviously), more skilled in the Force (alchemy, lightning), hyped to be a threat greater than Vitiate, conquered worlds on enemies, etc.

thumb up

Selenial
So you're going to pretend like you can't see the frames of him falling down, just so I have to screen cap them all and blow you away like I did in the Ki Adi vs Grievous thing? If you insist erm

Google it. Or go do it, since it's a daily quest, and I know you wouldn't want baseless wank in a respect thread that's just wrong, would you? :rollseyes:

I have literally no idea what you're talking about with the Cronal stuff...

I was referring to the telepathy, keep up.

Lol, ok so the failure is you just know nothing about Vaded. Saying Soa can summon lighting as proof he has better knowledge of the force? Lol. And it's unsurprising that you use an ambiguous quote (that likely refers to the fact Soa has an empire of the most advanced technology in the galaxy, not actual power) to try say he's better than Vitiate :>

You're embarrassing yourself mmm

Nargaroth
To be fair, Soa has at least better hype than Vader, considering that the war between the Sith and the Republic was deemed as insignificant next to the threat he represented.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nargaroth
To be fair, Soa has at least better hype than Vader, considering that the war between the Sith and the Republic was deemed as insignificant next to the threat he represented.

Again, Belsavis housed prisons of Rakata technology, armies and construction foundries. A Rakatan empire reborn is obviously going to be a huge ****ing threat.

Deronn_solo

Jarec and Desann was stated to be Emperor level threats as well, tbh. I guess they > Vader too? KEK.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Jarec and Desann was stated to be Emperor level threats as well, tbh. I guess they > Vader too? KEK.

Hey, I was just saying his hype is better, not that it's enough to make Soa more powerful than Vader. Accolades are important of course, but they only truly prove superiority to an opponent when they're quantifiable, or when a direct comparison is made, like x is more powerful than y.

Deronn_solo
Hey, I was just saying his hype is better, not that it's enough to make Soa more powerful than Vader. Accolades are important of course, but they only truly prove superiority to an opponent when they're quantifiable, or when a direct comparison is made, like x is more powerful than y.

Fair enough. ^-^

DarthAnt66
Here, my friends, we see a level of stupidity we have never seen before.

* flashbacks to Nephthys and WildBantha *

A level of stupidity so great that it surpasses what is actually the boundary of stupidity.

We reach a new level of stupidity in which there is not even a word to describe the stupidity.

Therefore, I shall name it.

We will call it... Selenial.
---
I have personally transferred the video to frames. Let's take a look, yes?

http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_37_delay-0.07s.gif
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_38_delay-0.07s.gif
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_39_delay-0.07s.gif
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_40_delay-0.07s.gif
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_41_delay-0.07s.gif
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_42_delay-0.07s.gif
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_43_delay-0.07s.gif
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/528030c34a-gif-im/frame_44_delay-0.07s.gif

So tell me, Selenial, where in Nephthys' mom's basement does it show Soa going downwards?

And if you think I specifically left out said frame, check the HTML's for all the images to see it goes "37" down to "42" without a stop.

Source for .gif frame extraction: http://ezgif.com/split/528030c34a.gif (link should work).

So no, it's ****ing teleportation. thumb up Unless my gif machine couldn't even pick up Soa since he was so fast (faster than .007 seconds), but I doubt that tbh.

---
With that covered, I'll respond to your other points hopefully by tonight (just wanted to get that out of the way ASAP).

Selenial
RIP at not being on a computer to use a gif from the video I actually mentioned erm

Even so, how the **** is this different from Marr's moving so fast it appears he teleported? Or the 30,000 other force users with a feat along those lines. The fact of the matter is, Soa doesn't have the teleport animation that Revan has, that a couple of the infernal council have, the assassins you encounter during the inquisitor story have. He just drops. And you can see his target profile moving as he does...

Not to mention how ****ing retarded it is to "teleport" directly down a distance that is (as you seem to believe his size is accurate) 2x his height :>

DarthAnt66
I used the video you specifically directed me. You know, the one for high-quality gamers. thumb up

All I see is bitching on how BW doesn't use the same animations and mechanics for everything.

Shocking. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This isn't a demonstration of speed since he isn't moving his legs / arms. erm

Your argument would be that since he is super heavy, he drops super fast.

I accept your concession. thumb up

Please wipe my ass daily and serve me the finest meals you can make in the kitchen.

That will be all.

psmith81992
Are people seriously arguing Soa's power? That's adorable.

DarthAnt66
Leave it to Selenial, tbh.

Selenial
I used the video you specifically directed me. You know, the one for high-quality gamers. thumb up

All I see is bitching on how BW doesn't use the same animations and mechanics for everything.

Shocking. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This isn't a demonstration of speed since he isn't moving his legs / arms. erm

Your argument would be that since he is super heavy, he drops super fast

No, it's just trust there's not any animations at all? Idgaf if they look the same.

Ok, so this is Vader teleporting simply because he was standing upright with arms out like Soa, not moving? http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/3914756-0620353765-32566.jpg

Well if you insist laughing

DarthAnt66
Jumping is now not moving?

Just concede and leave with Bantha-tier dignity, tbh.

Selenial
Jumping is now not moving?

Just concede and leave with Bantha-tier dignity, tbh.

When the shot is fired he's not moving in the direction he ends up in confused

DarthAnt66
He's jumping up - above the attacker. erm

He ends behind him... which is where he should be if he jumped over them.

And besides, the comic is set in panels so we can't even gauge how much time it is between panels.

Selenial
He's jumping up - above the attacker. erm

He ends behind him... which is where he should be if he jumped over them.

And besides, the comic is set in panels so we can't even gauge how much time it is between panels.

*shrug* Like I said, I don't think Vader teleported at all. But look at it this way. There is a moment he reaches at the pinnacle of his jump where he's basically stationary in mid air. He then has to fall to the ground. That segment of his jump would be exactly the same as Soa falling from his position to the ground.

There isn't a huge difference between the two feats, time wise. And moving that fast would still be hugely impressive for Soa, I just don't buy that it's teleportation. Nor do I think comics are any less valid than games for judging time periods erm

Remember that he did it fast enough to evade a blaster bolt.

Nephthys
My mother doesn't have a basement.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Selenial
That segment of his jump would be exactly the same as Soa falling from his position to the ground.
Except the following:
a.) Soa doesn't fall to the ground. We covered two separate videos (one of your choosing) that shows him disappear then reapear.
b.) If he did, he did it in under .007 seconds. And falling is not an indication of speed, BTW. I would credit it more to weight, lol.
c.) Nothing says Vader fell extremely fast, just that he hit the guy who tried to kill him before the shot man toppled to the ground.

Selenial
Except the following:
a.) Soa doesn't fall to the ground. We covered two separate videos (one of your choosing) that shows him disappear then reapear.
b.) If he did, he did it in under .007 seconds. And falling is not an indication of speed, BTW. I would credit it more to weight, lol.
d.) Nothing says Vader fell extremely fast, just that he hit the guy who tried to kill him before the shot man toppled to the ground.

>mrw I realise I'm debating a kid who just listed A-B-D.
> http://41.media.tumblr.com/366841c21b2b916b3267460c5e52504b/tumblr_nmxuxo24l61titub2o1_400.png

I'll get to this when I'm on a PC

Except Dooku falls a distance that's about the same, relative to his height, in like 15 seconds erm He did it using the force, and the reverse is likely possible. Probably already been explored in canon.

Yeh, I'd define that as ****ing fast tbh

Emperordmb
Weight doesn't impact falling speed very much at all tbh

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Weight doesn't impact falling speed very much at all tbh

I think they cover aerodynamics, forces and motion in 7th grade, so give him a couple years and he'll be all caught up.

DarthAnt66
I had C but simply moved it to also fit in B, tbh. I'll take my L though.

You are straying so far from the original point that I don't think a comment needs to be made.

Plus you are totally blowing off entire parts of our conversation at this point, lmfao.

thumb up My bad, used the wrong term there.

Still, that doesn't really even have anything to do with the main argument.

Well it's not an argument. It's just saying like "the sky is blue" and Sel saying "no it's a square."

What I meant is that falling isn't an indication of combat speed, since I can't imagine how it remotely involves shit you would augment yourself with in a battle (legs, arms, etc).

That's way besides the point though, I believe.

Says the one who is trying to pass off Soa falling hundreds of feat in microseconds rather than the obvious Teleportation.

By your logic (which I disagree with every step of the way), who gives a **** about the Teleportation? Soa speedblitzes Vader. smokin'
---
I'm not sure why we are still talking about this though. You already conceded a while back. mmm

psmith81992
Uh, Soa can teleport.

DarthAnt66
No he covered a hundred feat in .007 seconds!!11!! You are really going to try to deny seeing him fall RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES"?????////?

NewGuy01
Soa is slightly better than SOR Revan at best dudes.

Sinious
So Ventress level at best?

NewGuy01
thumb up This guy gets it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.