Obi-wan vs Mace Windu------soresu vs vaapad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
this may have been done before and i apologise, i havent been on here very long.

so vaapad is considered the best attack style and naturally soresu is the best defense style.

I was wondering because in the revenge of the sith novel mace windu tells kenibi that he was the only one that could defeat grievious since he really only focused on his defense.

and kenobi isnt evil soooo vaapad wouldnt entirely work since it allows the user to use draw off of their oppenent"s anger.

so who would win in an all out saber battle on neutral ground?

Trocity
Originally posted by Darth Demenos
mace windu tells kenibi that he was the only one that could defeat grievious

no

EmperorSidious2
Well Windu using only Vaapad is risky and most likely wouldn't work so he woudl have to rely on his other saber skills. But Windu is a better combatant than Obi Wan.

Deronn_solo
Mace in a great fight.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Trocity
no

its in the revenge of the sith novel, go look it up.

SunRazer
It's a very good fight, but Mace inevitably wins.

Trocity

I've read the ROTS novel - Mace never tells Obi-Wan that he is the only one that can beat Grievous.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Trocity
I've read the ROTS novel - Mace never tells Obi-Wan that he is the only one that can beat Grievous.

re-read it

SunRazer
Not the only one, but the Jedi's best option, IIRC. That's because Obi-Wan had a distinct form counter.

Darth Demenos
well that does make more sense

Darth Thor

If you bothered to quote the line instead of just naming the source you would have realized that line doesn't exist.

Lord Stark

No, Mace says that Kenobi is the best choice because of the swordmasters his Soresu is the only one that doesn't compensate for a weakness. Yoda's ataru compensates for his small stature, Mace's Vaapad compensates for his inner darkness.

McP
A duel between Mace and Obi-Wan is a terrible example to compere Vaapad and Soresu. Mace is just better, he's in another league. He will beat Kenobi every single time.

Kenobi vs Sora or Depa would be better example. Legends!Vos (at the end of the Clone Wars, after Bulq's death) vs Luminara should be the best one.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Lord Stark
No, Mace says that Kenobi is the best choice because of the swordmasters his Soresu is the only one that doesn't compensate for a weakness. Yoda's ataru compensates for his small stature, Mace's Vaapad compensates for his inner darkness.

which means that he was the best one to send.

Darth Thor
which means that he was the best one to send.

That's not what you said though. You said he was the ONLY ONE who could beat Grievous.

And when people pointed out to you that's wrong, you simply told them to reread the novel.

In any case Yoda was still the best choice to fight Grievous as he could easily Crush him with TK. Mace might be able to do that as well. So either of them would be a superior choice to Kenobi.

carthage
Mace in a good fight

Jmanghan
Originally posted by McP
A duel between Mace and Obi-Wan is a terrible example to compere Vaapad and Soresu. Mace is just better, he's in another league. He will beat Kenobi every single time.

Kenobi vs Sora or Depa would be better example. Legends!Vos (at the end of the Clone Wars, after Bulq's death) vs Luminara should be the best one. Isn't Obi-Wan like the best Soresu practitioner of all-time or something?

What makes you so sure Mace will stomp him?

Also, yes, beating him 10/10 times is stomping him.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Also, yes, beating him 10/10 times is stomping him.

Not necessarily.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Darth Thor
If you bothered to quote the line instead of just naming the source you would have realized that line doesn't exist.

the line does exist but i admit my memory of what it specifically said was off.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That's not what you said though. You said he was the ONLY ONE who could beat Grievous.

And when people pointed out to you that's wrong, you simply told them to reread the novel.

In any case Yoda was still the best choice to fight Grievous as he could easily Crush him with TK. Mace might be able to do that as well. So either of them would be a superior choice to Kenobi.

i said that bc i really did think that was what he specifically said. but mace saidn that he was the best one to send bc of his dueling, but yoda was busy on kashyyk, and if mace was thought he was the best choice then he would have went, but he didnt.

deathslash
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Isn't Obi-Wan like the best Soresu practitioner of all-time or something?

What makes you so sure Mace will stomp him?

Also, yes, beating him 10/10 times is stomping him. yes, he is.
Mace is just above Obi in skill and force ability. It's not a knock on Obi, it's just that windu is above him.
Not necisarily. For example, Thor could beat Namor 10/10 but he'd still have to work for each victory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.