Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm Mars Chronicle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Is anyone else reading this? The new BAA series seems pretty interesting, the necro soldier plot intrigues me.

Markness
I'm reading it, too. I've been a fan of Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm for a long time now and it's good to see Alita make it back to Mars. Her reunion with Erica is pretty much what I expected it to be but it was still handled well. Erica doesn't realize she's being controlled.

I wonder if/when Kodansha Comics will publish the first volume of this arc since it's been out in Japan for quite a while now. They also don't seem interested in licensing the Ars Magna art book so I ordered it from Japan.

Q99
Originally posted by Markness
I'm reading it, too. I've been a fan of Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm for a long time now and it's good to see Alita make it back to Mars. Her reunion with Erica is pretty much what I expected it to be but it was still handled well. Erica doesn't realize she's being controlled.

Right, quite the reunion. I had assumed that Frau X would've been her own teacher rather than Erica, but this certainly sets things up interestingly.

And I wonder how Alita lost her Imaginos 2.1 body... I mean, she's strong now, but this is not what she was. After the nanothing with the onion frame, did she get a new body then, or did other stuff happen in between....?

It started a bit back but it's not coming out super-fast. I think they'll likely wait until two or three volumes worth are done in Japan, and then put 'em out relatively quick to help make sure people are in.

Q99
Any thoughts on Alita's gun thing?

I'm thinking the lifting of the nano ban must've changed a heck of a lot. The balance of power is no longer necessarily so clearly in Jupiter's favor.

Q99
Squee, Nova's back!

Markness
Originally posted by Q99
Any thoughts on Alita's gun thing?

I'm thinking the lifting of the nano ban must've changed a heck of a lot. The balance of power is no longer necessarily so clearly in Jupiter's favor.

She said she was on Venus during her tenure as a Last Order agent so maybe she encountered Danko (the gun's name) there. In the Ars Magna art book I got, she's holding a gun that looks like Danko in the full cover shot of the first ever Gunnm volume.

Originally posted by Q99
Squee, Nova's back!

Super Nova to be precise. This one doesn't goof around like the original Nova.

Q99
She said she was on Venus during her tenure as a Last Order agent so maybe she encountered Danko (the gun's name) there. In the Ars Magna art book I got, she's holding a gun that looks like Danko in the full cover shot of the first ever Gunnm volume.

Venus uses nanos now, so that makes a lot of sense.

He has an Afro!

I'm not sure about the not-messing-around bit, though. He's certainly more dangerous and aggressive, but we haven't seen him *that* much.

Markness
Hahahaha! Alita owned Tzykrow again! She also had some dirt on him so he's going along with her now.

Super Nova's face at the end - eek!

Q99
Hahahaha! Alita owned Tzykrow again! She also had some dirt on him so he's going along with her now.

Super Nova's face at the end - eek!

I'm kinda surprised Super Nova didn't upgrade him into something weird ^^

Markness
That he's dressed in casual attire is kind of weird itself since we only saw him in combat gear before. Then again, he looks like an ape so the 'monkey suit' is fitting for him!

Q99
That he's dressed in casual attire is kind of weird itself since we only saw him in combat gear before. Then again, he looks like an ape so the 'monkey suit' is fitting for him!

He seems to be used as a personal valet-slash-bodyguard.

Remember how the twins were fairly well-dressed back when they were with Nova.

Markness
Oh yeah, I remember their TUNED clothes but I miss those bunny costumes of their's. sad

I plan on eventually re-reading the entire manga but I got a lot of Marvel comics to read before that.

Q99
Hm, maybe he doesn't feel comfortable without at least one stable bodyguard. Experimenting on his only one could leave him vulnerable, and it's not like he's going to find better around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.