Batman or Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tevesh
Who do you guys think is a better superhero, Batman or Superman?

I'm not asking who would win in a fight, but just who do you think is better and why.

Personally, I go with Batman because he's out there risking his life everynight. Superman, he's pretty much invincible unless you bust out with kryptonite. (granted every villain has somehow gotten his hands on kryptonite). Still though, against petty criminals, Batman still has the chance of getting shot and dying. That'll never happen to Superman. Besides, in my opinion, Batman just plain looks cooler, who cares if he can't fly, he has a lot of cool toys.

yerssot
I agree

Augeybana
Batman the man.Superman looks too stupid.Never once looked cool.

BOPRecruit 16
i defianatly prefer batman over superman. sorry superman fans. i've watching the 90's toon of it since elementary school, loved it since. wish they put the toon back on cartoon network. i like all of his cool gadgets. batman beyond wasn't that great. birds of prey is fascinating, i might read the comics. wouldn't it be cool if there was a movie of "justice league"?

GordonSkywalker
I also choose Batman over Superman. He always looks great in the comics and films and there's no stopping him.

Augeybana
Much better and he looks cooler.

MaverickIce
Lets guess.... Batman, has a darker look, also feels more mortal

Magee
BATMAN lol he aint a superhero he's a scientist with a suped up bat suite. Superman is an invincible alien who saves the world practically everday.... so i ask u how long would batman last against Apocolypse??

MaverickIce
I see what u mean, cept one of the cool things about Batman is that he could die at any moment, even against a petty thief.

snazzypants
i agree... superman looks like a poof wiv his pants ova his costume... BUT he can fly and thats a pretty cool trick...

brownie
Yeh gotta go with Batman. Theres always that chance of him dying, more so than superman, makes him more of a badass.

Kes
always prefered superman. probably because of all the tv sereis i watched about superman.or just because i have a thing for aliens! lol alien and the flying thing! i wish i could fly!stick out tongue

chico23
Well I'm a superman fan myself, but I like batman. I think superman is cooler he does cover the whole world while batman just watches over one city. Plus batman is such a Ho hes got a new girlfriend every week. Superman is a one woman man hehe.

Kes
lol yeh His faithful!big grin

brownie
Oh I have heard it all now Chico. Sense you put it that way, I dont like batman now. (lol)

G.P
I think the problem of Superman, provided that every villain hasn't got a bunch of kryptonite in his hand, is the fact that you're forced to create Super-supervillains, otherwise it's not worth. What can a simple thief or robber do against Superman ?
That's why I tend to favour Batman

Metroplex
Hey i got a comic book where Batman fights an evil Superman. (Batman # 612) Superman almost got his ass kicked by Batman because Batman used a Kyptonite ring against Superman.

snazzypants
so batman is a bad boy then? oh dear... he is still sexier than superman who is just such a poof wiv his girlfriend and glasses..... he should have gone to specsavers

BlasterE117
I prefer Batman because he's an all around cool dark character. He's definitely has a lot of cool gadgets and has some serious skill. He's my all time favorite character.

Corran
Batman, because he is darker and has issues like the rest of us 'normal' people, plus one day when I grow up I could be Batman if I train properly and get all the gadgets and an old butler dude.

I asked my 5 year old son, he said Batman too, his reason - Batman is better, can't argue with 5 year old logic.

BlueStarlight
Neither Wonder Woman all the way!!! If I have to choose, I choose Superman, you can't mess with the Man of steel. laughing

DemonicGambit
Batman is definitly WAY COOLER!! He realizes that, "Hey its a dirty world. You gotta go through the dirt to clean it." Plus Superman is makes you feel so much more insuperior. Like he's a big blue Boyscout...or something.

green33
Batman is much better, i would have thought spiderman before the film came out but now i get the image as Toby Maguire as spiderman, a little geek, they should have got someone like colin farrel, brad pitt someone who's films are actually good

BOPRecruit 16
batman had more interesting villains than superman did in the animated series that used to be on cartoon network. *haven't seen all of them* tobey was good in "cider house rules", have you seen that? spider-man/peter is supposed to be a geek, so colin and brad are out of the question. it's more of a matter if they can play and fit the role well, far more than their ability to be in good movies. *i can't wait to see colin in swat, looks like such a cool movie!*

Superman5452
I'm a big fan of superman as you can tell, but I would have to say BATMAN because Batman's movies for the most part were cool(not counting part4) but Superman's movies sucked. Lois was ugly and kinda manish, Lex was just weird, and Comic book Superman never had telekinesisbut movie did. And what was with the weird sun guy?

Oh and because Batman fights the Joker, Riddler, Mad-hatter, and The Scarecrow.

JOKER RULES!!!

batmanrules
batman, because hes so dark and just about never gives up. especially because of all his wonderfull toys. plus the way he trained for seven years is awesom. and he has a bunch of shiney cars.

SUPERMAN...people keep saying "oh it's not cool that superman is virtually invisinsible"

IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME, no freakin little puny human can defeat him. It makes it so realy villans have to be made, REAL threats instead of the common theif or some guy with a weird mask going around stealing/killing people, that gets old and boring. I mean the whole point of super hero's is that they have SUPER POWERS. Batman has none. It's just the same as if some cop decided he wanted to go vigilante and fight some petty criminals...BORING, cause it's been done a billion times over.
We need super villians to keep things alive in cartoons.

Superman is amazing, the powers he has are unmatched(by any normal human at least) and it just puts things in perspective.

batmanrules
hey, dorkus, batman isnt some guy who just put on a cape and cowel and called himself a superhero, he was able to master all 127 different forms of fighting (e.g kung-fu, ju-jitsu, krystu jitsu) he bacame the worlds greatest detective with unmacthable wits. he was trained by ninjas and manhunters and all that kind of crap. plus batman has the coolest attitude as a superhero, not some cheezy "ill save u mam" but a dark and mysterious attitude. plus superman cant scare the crap out of someone. hes to bright. the way bats is able to think is amazing, noticing the smallest thing about his apponent like if they are left handed or right handed. and if they were in a fight which they were(batman kicked his ass) batman would win due to his masterplanning techniques.

yes obviously Batman isn't just some dude who decided to put on a cape and mask...he has the money to do everything and get eveyrthing he needs to. Oh wow amazing he knows a bunch of martial arts...yes well can be bend a freakin pole like a paper clip? Or stop bullets (instead of dodging them) with his body? NO he can't, so his martial arts skills are nothing compared to what Superman can do. And wow he notices thing about his opponents that show his wit, well if i wanted to see someone do that i'd read a detective novel not go out a buy a comic or watch a superhero movie. And since superman has the power to do away with any of Batmans villians in two second he doesn't need to notice if they're freakin left or right handed...it doens't matter because his powers are not limited to the constraints of a normal human body

Daywalker
Batman all the way,

I'll choose brains over brawn anyday

Daywalker
I liked in the DC/Marvel crossover when Batman fought Daredevil, he could tell that DD relied on all of his other senses and not sight.

Daywalker
Agreed, Batman has the most wicked rogues gallery. You should see my Batman collection..........I need a bigger house. sad

bester
how nice!!!! I really love watching batman!

krypto
when asked superman or batman i say superman all the way because batman is a plain ordinary millionaire man who puts on his "utility belt" to save the world from crime if i or you were a millionaire we could save the world by using a utility belt but superman is a foriegner on earth and all his powers are his own he didn't invent them with his wealth like batman.

what i am saying is superman is kick ass by himself where batman has to have his utility belt.

batmanrules
your a dork who doesnt know the first thing about batman, hes not some guy who relies on his belt, instead he relies on an extreamly high intelegance, from studying in the most highest collages in the world. and his extreamly high combat skills, as he has mastered all 127 different forms of major combat. if he was some just some billionare with a belt he would of been dead the first night out. before you start bad mouthing the bat, i suggest u buy about 700 batman comics and get cracking, cuz if u dont know anything about the characters in these posts then keep quiet.

Hegemon875
Amen, these people REALLY piss me off.

cinemafan
It's very simple, Superman is afraid of Batman. Whenever push comes to shove Superman backs down. Also fans I'm pretty sure I read there is going to be a Superman vs. Batman movie.

Marvel Master
Batman beer beer

Daywalker
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/batman.gif

kofmaster
batman over superman for the better hero..... but robin over batman out of those two hehe ^.^

Daywalker
Yeah, Robin is tha man...............well boy. You'd have to believe that Robin could take Batman if he went rogue being under his wing for so long.

I'm sure Batman keeps a few tricks to himself and i'd like to believe that Robin would do the same after training with the best.

kofmaster
yeah hehe

ruby
THEY BOTH LOOK TERRIBLE BECAUSE THEY WERE FIRST MADE ABOUT A TRILLION YEARS AGO

BUT ILL GO FOR MAN ATLEAST HE WEARS BLACK

NEITHER CAN COMPARE WITH THANOS

Daywalker
It's ok to lash out like that, you must be young big grin Where would we be without pioneer heroes like Supes and the Bat? You don't know do ya?

Thanos? Oh yeah, you mean the Darkseid wanna be? laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing Happy Dance cool big grin

Hegemon875
laughing I agree thanos is just a Darkseid copycat, and Darkseid is way cooler

Daywalker
So true, Darkseid is a much better character and his henchmonsters kick a$$ cool

My name is Neo9
batman is much much cooler = D

kofmaster
yeah at least batman doesn't wear red underwear over his tights lol WHAAHA

philis

philis
i think superman is better than batman cus batman is human so there for he will die easier than super plus whats better the bien able 2 fly

batmanrules
batman has the best costume ever!

kalantiaw
i pick batman just because he is dark... i mean the man is willing to kill... and i think if they made an r rated version movie of batman, it would show his dark tendencies better... if superman had the bad a$$ streak batman has, superman all the way... but you have to admit, supes power of flight is kick a$$ coupled up with his speeder than a fasting bullet ability cool ... and batman is like a ninja on steroids man ninja ... gotta love it Happy Dance ...

batmanrules
yeah, i wanna see an R rated batman movie 2, more broken bones and the stuff that man really does

Spawnie
Actually yes, why they never show what Brucie really does to ppl. I the comic he is much more rutheless then on Tv or Big Screen. Dammit make him brake someones spine and lets hear it pop on 5.1 sorround. OOOO YEAH! Armlocks, throws, staple someone on the wall, put his head through a window and lets see the bloooood come out. All he does in the movies is slapping arround ppl. I didn't know that Batsie was a PIMP! So what's the ***** slapping for then? Make the guy brake bones and ligaments and joints. MOre BLOOOD!
They did the same censuring on the Spawn movie too. THey had to do it pg13, dammit! BUt the HBO animated series were not censured and it's 10x the movie.

Daywalker
I think the closest we'll get to Batman killing someone on the bigscreen is in Returns when he knocks the big guy in a hole with that bomb strapped to his chest.

Daywalker
They should let Bats break a few bones here and there I mean, that's not gonna kill anyone right? An R rated film would be hot though.

batmanrules
i thought he did kill that guy, it was probably going to far, but that movie ruled!

Daywalker
He did but I was just saying that we didn't get to see Batman actually kill a person. We were given all the elements to believe that the guy died but it wasn't a real on screen death to me ya know? That's why I said the closest thing. He killed the guy but it was in a real kiddy WB sort of way.

Jedi Shmedi
I'm sick of Superman getting his ass handed to him in every fight he gets into with Batman!

I can understand why people would choose Batman over Superman.

-Batman's dark, a bad-ass, is prepared to kill, has a cooler costume and doesn't wear red undies and blue tights. (he wears black undies over his grey tights)

people say that because Batman's just plain darker and cooler looking then Batman and Batman has Kryptonite with him, I'd say Superman would win hands down.

Some one's prpobably thinking that Batman would find a way to cripple Superman i.e. Kryptonite.

But when it all comes down to it, just THINK about it. Superman could rip off Batman's testicles and shove them down Batman's throught before Batman could even reach his belt i.e. super freakin speed.

Don't get me wrong though, I AM a fan of ol' Bats, but it's just that whenever Superman gets punched by Batman in the cartoons or comics, Superman goes flying back.

I know Batman's strong, but PLEASE! Superman gets shot by cannons and doesn't even flinch! Where's the logic here?

Anyway, my vote goes to Superman!

Daywalker
I hear ya Jedi,

Trust me, my favorite super team is the Worlds Finest (Bats and Supes for those that don't know) so I do like Superman. I'm the opposite of you though because I get sick of the big blue boyscout sometimes. Mr. holier than thow, pulling cats out of trees, etc.

Sure Superman could do the things you say but at the same time, many of his own villains could have done him in many times over(Lex,Brainiac,Metallo,Parasite and more). Batman has the same technological advantages as Lex has so I know both of them could kill Supes.

Superman thrives in the public eye always gets recognition but Batman keeps to the shadows and needs a pat on the back from noone(plus he raised some cool ass kids big grin )

batmanrules
i know what u mean, its just that batman is preapered for the exact moment that superman would turn on him, he studied each member of the JLA and knows exacly how to bring them down. thats why batman has an equil chance at superman. remember "expect the unexpected"

Jedi Shmedi
Now that I think about it, if they both use all of the resources that they have, it could end up to be a stalemate.

Veralidaine
batman! as batmanrules said, hes way more darker and has a better costume too, i mean red and blue.....what was superman tinkin!?

ne way, in conclusion, batman ruules, superman suks.....end o discussion.......(apologies to ne superman fans...
big grin )

VengeanceGOD
In every fight they come to, Batman wins somehow. He invariably has synthesized kryptonite. But why does this happen?

People want to believe THEY can win. Bottom line: Batman's human, Supes is not. Now matter how much of a better person Superman is (and with so many less psychological problems), we always want to see the human being the alien.

Logically? Well, if Batman has time to prepare, like in Dark Knight Returns and Hush, then Superman is going down because Bats has plans in place. But if Superman takes Batman by surprise...well...he can't dodge heat vision forever.

pohlowan
Yes but batman has always been the better thinker of the two of then and will always win coz of it. Just cox sups as powers doesnt mean he will win, its all to do with your head.

pohlowan
cox=coz

Linkalicious
I say Bats if he has some Kryptonite readily available. Otherwise obviously superman could just basically fly straight through him like he wasn't even there.

Hypester
Okay... let's be cool here...

to preface this statement i've read Batman/Superman #4... Both Superman AND Batman get their behinds handed to them by other heroes in a 2 on 2... so they're both very beatable...

Also, Superman may be more stable mentally than Batman, but Superman carries more responsibilities and thusly, just as many internal struggles. Superman can hear EVERYTHING bad within a very large radius... Superman is NEVER done... ever... if Gotham's clean, Batman's done for the day and he goes and trains... the entire world is never clean...

Don't get me wrong... i'm a batman fan... I just hope they keep things in perspective... Batman changes with the times (he's cooler, remember... he didn't get like that on accident) Superman is, as we said before, more stable... he almost DEFINES the times... everything from Super-Sayajins to Supermarkets (or Super Wal-Marts) or Super Sized Fries or "Super Heroes" is based on the name of Superman (who pre-dates all that stuff).

batmanrules
expect the unexpected

punkyhermy
okay,now,the only reason that this superman come up with is either,batman has no superpowers or superman is stronger.firstly,a man is not measured by his strenght or abilities but by his choices!!!superman is not even HUMAN!!!he is an alien who's planet got blasted off so,he decided to come to earth.batman is human,mortal and the hottest super hero ever to save the world so there,my vote goes to BATMAN!

Rasta
Batman should get spanked. As you've stated, he is only human, and we do have a cap on intelligence. He may be very smart, but he is no super human in this department. He just exceeds past your average joe.

And that's all he has. He has nothing else, bar Kryptonite that could defeat Superman. The point is, without it, facing Superman. He would get annihilated. Totally.

I'm not 'dis-respecting' the human race, I'm jsut saying that when it comes to a situation like this, with their matchup. It's literally impossible for Batman to win.

Superman could do a number of things, use Heat vision to scorch him to death. Super speed him into to a wall. Use his Super strength to just kill him in one blow. Honestly, it's stupid to even compare them.

But in the comic world, it's not all about abilities. It's more plot, etc. That's why Superman's lost to Bat's before. But in all seriousness, Bat's truely has no chance against The Man of Steel.

Gregory
Am I completely hallucinating, or did the OPer specifically say that this was a question of who you liked better, not who would win a fight? So why...oh, never mind.

I think Batman is a much cooler character. I don't know who would win, and really, I don't care. But I know who I like, and Batman is it. He's dark, complex, flawed (which is essential for a character to be interesting, imho), and interesting; as far as I'm concerned, Superman is none of those things (although considering his popularity, some people must find him interesting).

And I'm not trying to be an obnoxious know-it-all, but...

Several people have complained that Batman doesn't kill anyone on-screen in the movies. What about that goon of the Joker's Batman hurles to his death in Batman? For that matter, what about the Joker and Two-Face? Batman kills them on-screen. Which actually really bothers me because Batman doesn't kill people. It's one of his defining characteristicts. Letting people die was what got Azbat in so much trouble.

And as for the people who say that Superman is cooler because he patrolls the entire world, whereas Batman only patrols his city...have you perhaps forgotten the JLA? Batman constantly leaves his city on missions (even outside of the JLA; in Bloodborne, for example, he goes to Russia to try to stop a biological weapon from being unleashed). And by that standard, Aquaman must be even cooler than Superman.

But I've rambled long enough. Suffice it to say that I like Batman better, but admit that it is ultimately a matter of opinion.

Peace,
Gregory

VENOMfan
Superman is horrible idea for a superhero, he has a power for everything insane strength and all this other crap. but he's weak to kyrptonite well who the hell cares? does any reagular hero carry the stuff? no, hes far to powerfull to be interresting.

Bat's has flaws that's why hes so damn cool, hes a regular guy who has fought everything you can think of and wins most of the time just because he's Batman.

so I say again BATMAN all the way

Rasta
You're a jealous fanboy Venom. You know if there was ever anything remotely worthy of being a crossover, Venom would get spanked left, right, and center.

Superman is the hero other heroes are judged by, and easily has one of the most in-depth backgrounds, and stories out of all the Super heroes.

VENOMfan
and who the HELL are you? did i even mention Venom? no I explained why Batman is cooler. you seem to be some closet FANBOY who dosent know jack shit about what hes talking about or when to shut up. just to let you know at one point Venom whooped supermans goofy ass.

so go cry to your mother or watch some lifetime channel and get back on the topic.

Gregory
If I judged other heroes by Superman, I'd conclude that, compared to him, they were all works of genius. Instead, I judge heroes by characters I actually like. I find that it works better, that way.

His story is in depth; so what? Crap viewed through a magnifying glass is still crap.

Never
Sure about that...?

LeAtHerRFace
Batman, because he's just plain cool. He's a mortal, kick @$$ toys, and he has a cool dark look.<-- That also keeps the repretation of the DC universe at a high level. He is just so unique. And he kills with style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.