Marines Study: All-Male Combat Units Outperform Mixed-Gender Units in 69% of Tasks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tzeentch
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/10/439190586/marine-corps-study-finds-all-male-combat-units-faster-than-mixed-units

A more comprehensive summary of the study is linked in the article.

Tzeentch
I'm a proponent of giving women more presence in our military, but I have to admit that some of these numbers are a bit worrying. How are women managing to pass the requirements to become a Marine, but performing so dismally compared to their male counter-parts?

Mindset
Duh.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I'm a proponent of giving women more presence in our military, but I have to admit that some of these numbers are a bit worrying. How are women managing to pass the requirements to become a Marine, but performing so dismally compared to their male counter-parts?

Men are weak, thats why you idiot.

Star428
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/09/10/439190586/marine-corps-study-finds-all-male-combat-units-faster-than-mixed-units

Is this really a surprise to anyone with a functioning brain in their head?

long pig
How did the girls in the unit do so well from the kitchen?

Tzeentch
It should be fairly obvious to anyone who isn't in denial that generally speaking a man will on average be better at the physical aspects of "war" then a woman.

The question is to what extent. At what point is the disparity in performance between male and female considered too wide to justify even bothering letting women in? The most popular argument for proponents of integrating women into front-line units is that if even just one out of 100 women has the genetics/potential to match a man in physical performance, that one woman should be allowed to have the same opportunities and responsibilities as men. But if you consider that every trainee who washes out or underperforms is essentially a net-loss in training time and money for the military, does there come a point where the opportunity/resource cost is simply too high to allow women into these roles?

Flyattractor
Of course Men preform better at War with out women. When women aint there it give the Men a good reason to get the job done and get back home.....if they take women to war with them then its just like being married.

psmith81992
It should be fairly obvious to anyone who isn't in denial that generally speaking a man will on average be better at the physical aspects of "war" then a woman.

The question is to what extent. At what point is the disparity in performance between male and female considered too wide to justify even bothering letting women in? The most popular argument for proponents of integrating women into front-line units is that if even just one out of 100 women has the genetics/potential to match a man in physical performance, that one woman should be allowed to have the same opportunities and responsibilities as men. But if you consider that every trainee who washes out or underperforms is essentially a net-loss in training time and money for the military, does there come a point where the opportunity/resource cost is simply too high to allow women into these roles?

Don't offend the politically correct left please

Lord Lucien
And I just watched G.I. Jane last night. Good timing.

Lucius
Men are more physically robust. Units in active combat are going to be engaging in lots of physical activity. It doesn't require much study to realize that all male units will perform better in most tasks.

But I don't know, the SJWs might get triggered if you say that, and we wouldn't want that to happen.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Lucius
Men are more physically robust. Units in active combat are going to be engaging in lots of physical activity. It doesn't require much study to realize that all male units will perform better in most tasks.

But I don't know, the SJWs might get triggered if you say that, and we wouldn't want that to happen.

This

red g jacks
i think i have a compromise that is fair for everybody and will make all sides happy in this debate

i ask you to think for a minute about our standards in sports... the various pro leagues where there is a male version and then a female version... nba and then wnba... this is particularly well demonstrated in olympic sports.. this is because clearly god/evolution made adam and eve different, giving each unique talents and specialties.. and men just so happen to specialize in combat and other physical-fitness oriented activities

that being said, just as there are rules in war and nations agree not to purposely target civilians or use nukes or chemical weapons and shit like that, we should be able to come to an international agreement that men and women are not evenly matched... so i think each country should have a male version of the military and then a female version... so say the usa goes to war with russia.. it would be usa military(m) vs russia military(m)... and then usa military(f) vs russia military(f)...

i figure it's only fair

wLpCkuftmJM

Time-Immemorial

Lol, you trans you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/10/marine-study-finds-all-male-infantry-units-outperformed-teams-women/71971416/

Robtard
Women do have a place in the military and combat and the military should play on their strengths instead on trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

eg They're generally better at multi-tasking, so have them coordinating units/attacks in the FOB.

Surtur

This is a question I would like answered as well.

I think people need to realize that when it comes to men and women mentally they are equal, but physically? They are not.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Lol, you trans you.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/10/marine-study-finds-all-male-infantry-units-outperformed-teams-women/71971416/

Guess no one read this.

Figures

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Guess no one read this.

Figures

I actually did read it and to me that female Lt. Colonel is just ignoring the obvious. She thinks it is just a matter of training.

Time-Immemorial
thumb up

long pig
If women go to war, who'll make the sandwiches?

Time-Immemorial
Tze and Tobtatd, they are already women objectors to war.

Robtard
LoL, wut?

long pig
In other news, water is wet.

Surtur
Originally posted by long pig

We should create sandwich making robots so the women can focus on combat training.

meep-meep

The Mexicans. Duh.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard

eg They're generally better at multi-tasking, so have them coordinating units/attacks in the FOB.

I would have also accepted...,packing rucksacks

red g jacks
In other news, water is wet. lol right?

and coming up at the top of the hour.... a special wnba exclusive on helping women learn to dunk.

Time-Immemorial
In other news, water is wet.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.