New monthly bills...yesterday-today-tomorrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
Just curious...what monthly bills are you paying now which did not exist for your parents and what NEW (currently do not exist) bills do you think your kids will graft into their monthly expenses?

For me there's

1) Internet ... with the internet came loads of other services which I
have largely eliminated.

2) Netflix...one of two "internet" monthly charges I have adopted to paying

3) Voip Phone...which is a trade off since I don't have the old "land line"

4) Cell phones....

As for my kids, I have a 14 yr old daughter and 23 yr old son. I can easily imagine them, esp my daughter, having to pay an "automotive self guidance fee"
A sort of an "On Star" next generation system where you input (voice command or whatever) your destination into your GPS..sit back and the vehicle drives you with no more input from you.

A life like personal servant. Basically a robot which you could purchase/lease but with only very basic programmable abilities unless you pay a monthly service to upgrade it's 'cognitive" ability in which it would then link to a cyber cloud type system for greater cognitive actions.

Lastly...just as we are all required to have health insurance now (but not life insurance-go figure) I can see there being a requirement or even an acceptable thing to pay a personal identity security insurance.

I'm sure there will be new banking fees, I just haven't imagined one yet-lol

Surtur
I used to have all my internet, phone, and tv in one package from Comcast. But over the years Comcast got worse and worse and then they decided to increase their monthly fees by nearly $40 so I got rid of everything Comcast except for the internet. I get Netflix which I use for watching tv, and I save a lot of money instead of paying for all these channels I don't need or will never watch.

So I have to only worry about internet, Netflix, and cell phone bills now. It will be the first time I have not had a landline.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.