7th Graders forced to recite "Allah is God"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/10/7th-graders-in-tennessee-made-to-recite-allah-is-the-only-god-in-public-school/

What is happening in this country?

On 9/11 we make deals with Iran and students are being indoctrinated into saying There is Only one God and his name is Allah.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/10/7th-graders-in-tennessee-made-to-recite-allah-is-the-only-god-in-public-school/

What is happening in this country?

On 9/11 we make deals with Iran and students are being indoctrinated into saying There is Only one God and his name is Allah.

So they learned about a world religion and were asked about whether they had understood it by, among other things, stating what the Shahada says...

What's the controversy?

Quincy
actually this was a class project on the five pillars of islam, and like most things in school, required memorizing something and writing it down in a notebook.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
So they learned about a world religion and were asked about whether they had understood it by, among other things, stating what the Shahada says...

What's the controversy?

You simply missed the point and or downplaying. Where did you go to college?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
You simply missed the point and or downplaying. Where did you go to college?

It's not a big deal, it's just a knee jerk anti-islamic and anti-inellectualism reaction by some parents. Heidelberg and Guildford.

long pig

What's the controversy?
Libtards are gonna libtard.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by long pig
Libtards are gonna libtard.

When in dire straights, downplay and say "it's not what it seems, and here is why!"

Digi
Lol. TI's clickbait thread titles are getting to be Buzzfeed-level.

I'd be as upset as anyone if religion was being pushed on public school children. Hell, maybe more upset than TI. But that doesn't seem like what this is. The Principle's statement on the issue seems the only reasonable statement in that article. At worst, it's a slightly imbalanced curriculum; but it in no way seemed like indoctrination. This article only exists because of xenophobic parents and sensationalistic media outlets.

If there's, ya know, MORE along these lines, then there's a discussion to be had. Like, actual evidence that this was being taught with the intent to indoctrinate kids. But that article alone is just fear mongering. And unfortunately, sources like the one cited will always eschew journalistic rigor in favor of picking a side.

Time-Immemorial
Nothing you said refutes the truth.

Bardock42
Originally posted by long pig
Libtards are gonna libtard. Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
When in dire straights, downplay and say "it's not what it seems, and here is why!"

Yeah, you got me, you have uncovered the islamist, libtard conspiracy to indoctrinate the 7th graders of Maury County, Tennessee by talking about what Muslim's believe. I'm now trying to deflect, but it's useless cause you caught them red handed.

Robtard
TI,

Another example why it's important to read the story and not just the title.

Digi
But we don't know the truth from that article. That's my point. We don't know how the lessons were presented, whether or not the assignments were posed as historical facts or with intent to influence. Etc. etc.

And please remember you're talking to an atheist with a huge belief in separation of church and state. If this seemed like indoctrination, I'd be livid. As it is, think about the assignments you had in school. If a parent had reason to be upset at this level of "forced" assignment, 90% of schoolwork could be called into question.

Thank goodness the teacher's name was kept out of the article. Tbh, the only fear I'd have from this story is reprisal from angry Christians spreading this story on backwater message boards like wildfire.

Robtard
Read the comments section, some of the islamophobic rants are lolzy.

Digi
FYI, the article mentions they'll be doing a similar unit on Christianity later in the year. The parts that say they aren't are just the parents talking out of their ass. How in **** is this controversial?

Robtard
Originally posted by Digi
FYI, the article mentions they'll be doing a similar unit on Christianity later in the year. The parts that say they aren't are just the parents talking out of their ass. How in **** is this controversial?
Cos bigots

Q99
You do know that Allah is literally the Christian God, the Christian God is literally the Muslim God, both are the Jewish God, and yadda yadda?

It would not be technically incorrect to call all three sects of a single religion (though each are so big that's rarely done).

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
TI,

Another example why it's important to read the story and not just the title.

It's important for you to read the story, I suggest you do.

Robtard

Time-Immemorial
I didn't ask for the high lights from that excellent copy/paste job.

I said read it.

Bardock42
Everyone here read it, it's not very long. It's not a big deal, they taught students about Islam, that's perfectly fine.

Robtard
Nah, you just read the title and kneejerked, hence your kneejerk opening statement.

Time-Immemorial
No worries, b42 when you get taken over by Islam as you already are, then what will you say, oh fiddlesticks?

Bardock42
If I am already are, like you claim, I feel pretty good about it. Again, these American teachers trying to teach about a world religion is not a conspiracy to install Islam in Tennessee.

Time-Immemorial
Sounds like are a closet Muslim but a outspoken Aeithest against Christianity.

Bardock42
How does it sound like that? What tenets of Islam do you believe I adhere to? I don't believe in God/Allah, I don't fast, observe Ramadan, I don't pray....

I am an Atheist, but I'm not even that outspoken about it anymore, years ago I was on more on a Dawkins' level..

psmith81992
How does it sound like that? What tenets of Islam do you believe I adhere to? I don't believe in God/Allah, I don't fast, observe Ramadan, I don't pray....

I am an Atheist, but I'm not even that outspoken about it anymore, years ago I was on more on a Dawkins' level..

I believe you adhere to the 70 virgins (male or female).

Bardock42
I wouldn't say no, I guess...

Ushgarak
Closed- sensationalist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.