TCW Kenobi runs a TOR sabers gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Kenobi as of Season 5 of The Clone wars

1. Kao Cen Darach

2. Darth Angral

3. Tol Braga

4. Satele Shan (Shadow of Revan)

5. Darth Baras

6. Scourge (SWTOR)

7. Aryn Leneer

8. Emperor's Wrath II

9. Hero of Tython

10. Darth Malgus (False Emperor)

*How far does he get?

carthage
no one?

FreshestSlice
Stops at 8 or clears

Lord Stark
Stops at the Hero of Tython.

FreshestSlice
You honestly have the HoT over the Wrath in sabers? Gross.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You honestly have the HoT over the Wrath in sabers? Gross.

He's the battlemaster of the Jedi who defeated the Emperor's Voice. He hasn't really show much in Force power so yeah I'd say he's solidly above the Wrath.

Total Warrior
Beats the first seven for sure, but doesn't get past the last 3

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Lord Stark
He's the Wrath of the Sith Empire who defeated the Emperor's Voice. He hasn't really show much in Force power so yeah I'd say he's solidly above the Wrath.
See how that means absolutely nothing? Cin Drallig was the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order too. Must be the most amazeball swordsman of all time.

Lord Stark
See how that means absolutely nothing? Cin Drallig was the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order too. Must be the most amazeball swordsman of all time.

Mmm he was the Master of the seven forms, stated by Dooku to be capable of lol stomping Grievous while he was out of shape and out of his prime. So yeah he's pretty good.

You also ignored the fact that the HoT is the closest person in history to killing the Emperor as per Marr. Closer than Revan, Meetra, and Scourge combined. So yeah he's solidly above the Wrath. (Not to mention he seems to be the canon choice for the new updates, meaning he's likely the only hero to survive the Great War and the rise of the new Empire).

FreshestSlice
Not only does that not make any sense, but the HoT didn't even defeat a fully powered Vitiate and that had shit to do with actual saber skill. The Wrath had better feats all around in this department, so he is a clear superior, regardless of your opinions on either's power.

carthage
How far does Kenobi get?

To make it interesting:

Run 1: He fights offensively

Run 2: He fights defensively

NewGuy01
HoT didn't even defeat a fully powered Vitiate

Damn he must suck.

Anyway, being the Battlemaster means that by proxy he's a master of multiple if not all forms, which means he's versatile and equipped to deal with most situations. Even in his early career, he was capable of topping some of the greatest Jedi and Sith swordsmasters, and defeated a Sith warlord who was offered a seat on the Dark Council for his might. Then you have him getting the upper hand against Vitiate's Mr. 300 years old executioner, taking down amped versions of 3 of the Jedi's finest, and fought through the Imperial Guard that Nyriss admitted she couldn't withstand; on a Dark Side nexus. HoT has really done nothing but impress, I see no reason to think the Wrath is better than him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Damn he must suck.

Holy strawman, Batman. Never said the HoT was terrible. Hell, I never even said the HoT was weaker than the Wrath. But saying

Means literal shit when the Wrath actually has accolades of "mastering the saber" you know instead of just having a job. Besides the fact that there have been plenty of Battlemasters that don't stack up just because they are Battlemasters. And saying

Completely disregards that none of these are sabers only, or any of these for that matter, but to look at them all

Except it's fought "to a standstill," with Jedi sidekick in toe.

These are not the three finest, or most powerful, Jedi in the Order. One of them has had a weakening connection to the Force for decades, one is absolutely featless, and the last has endurance to their name and that's it. But as I said, none of that is sabers only.

Yeah, and so did the HoT's entire crew, the Revanites, the Exile, the Wrath for that matter.

Well completely ignoring that the Wrath has done very comparable things, such as actually killing the most powerful member of the Dark Council instead of somebody that was good enough to be on it, and unlike the HoT has never ONCE, and this is pointed out in game, been defeated, how about some actual saber feats? Because the HoT has absolute shit in that regard besides not dying.

NewGuy01
Holy strawman, Batman. Never said the HoT was terrible.

I found the way you said that amusing, lighten up.

Your posts strongly suggest that's where you stand, though.

One can become a master duelist by specializing in one or two forms, one can't become a Battlemaster that way. That's the difference.

Generally his opponents have more to say for themselves than him in the Force anyway, so cool?

About as much of a standstill as Satele vs Mehkis. Scourge was on his knees.

"Of" the finest, most powerful Jedi in the Order. Which they are.

The Exile fought two of them, the HoT fought through over a dozen.

I haven't said a word about the Wrath other than the fact that HoT is his peer.

Don't buy it.

As if that fact was relevant.

So he never went head to head with his master, are you saying the same wouldn't happen to him?

Pretty laughable thing to request when the Wrath's feats play by the same rules as the HoT's. I suppose we'd be left to rely on cutscene feats, which compromize of most notably blitzing the Sith Warriors that were beating on Bela Kwikis.

You'd have to be a moron to suggest that the Knight won his battles via Force abuse. I've never thought of you as one. What are you even trying to pull off here?

carthage
g

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.