Darth Nihilus vs. Malgus/Plagueis/Krayt/Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

Can the Titan take this weaker team?

Board Walker
Nihilus stomps instantly

SunRazer
Nihilus glitters and then disintegrates.

Nephthys
Nihilus glitters and then stomps instantly

SunRazer
Nihilus glitters and then summons his friend No Limits Fallacy who wins the battle for him.

Nephthys
Nihihlus has a pretty well defined limit, it's just that no-one outweighs a hundred Jedi and a planet of force sensitives.

Selenial
Yeh I totally forgot that he did that in the middle of combat against 3 of the strongest Sith Lords in history.

Mah bad.

Nephthys
You're bad indeed.

All he needs to do is raise his hand and do it. Oh noes so hard!

SunRazer
A feat he accomplished under dubious circumstances including an amplification. There's good reason for people to doubt his combative ability. Also, it's not a hundred Jedi. Kreia says there was a hundred Jedi after the War, and we know Sion and his Sith Assassins kill several, plus five of them survive into KotOR II.

Nephthys
Amplification?

And try to recall that Nihilus would have grown in power significantly from it. Also I believe sources say it's close to a hundred but who cares.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
You're bad indeed.

All he needs to do is raise his hand and do it. Oh noes so hard!

The fact one unleashes the power in one burst, does not mean he wasn't preparing or gathering power for it in advance.

If he could do it instantly, he would have consumed Telos before the Republic arrived or Surik made it to him.

And where in the "all he needs to do is raise his hands" do you get that it happens instantly anyway? We've seen numerous force users raise their hands and spend a great deal of time channeling energy before anything happens, please tell me how Nihilus consumes them all before one of them beheads him.

Nephthys
Theres never any indication of preparation in any of the occasions it's used. In fact usually the person uses a different force attack immediately proceeding it. Also you forget that the Exile is constantly using the technique through the whole game with no prep, completely subconsciously.

He had perfectly valid reasons not to, as you well know.

We've seen the attack actually happening, dumdum. It's nigh-instant. I thought you'd actually played Kotor 2. erm

EmperorSidious2
The team. These guys are some of the most powerful force weilder said in galactic history coming together. Kun with his gauntlets and Plagueis and Malgus with their TK and Lightning it's to much for Nihilus may have fought one hundred Jedi but these guys are worth more than One hundred Jedi, especially the ones Nihilus drained. These guys are trained professionals who are extremely powerful.

Selenial
Theres never any indication of preparation in any of the occasions it's used. In fact usually the person uses a different force attack immediately proceeding it. Also you forget that the Exile is constantly using the technique through the whole game with no prep, completely subconsciously.

He had perfectly valid reasons not to, as you well know.

We've seen the attack actually happening, dumdum. It's nigh-instant. I thought you'd actually played Kotor 2. erm

Incorrect

Incorrect

Also incorrect.

Firstly, the Exile isn't using his power. She's feeding off death she already caused, not killing them with a draining power. It's completely different, actually.

He really didn't. He had absolutely no idea he was being drawn into a trap. Nihilus was mindlessly pursuing hunger, if he could have done it instantly he would have.

We've seen Traya use it on individuals noticeably less powerful than she is, and we don't even know if she was prepping for it. We've seen Nihilus do it to the Exile, but since he'd been prepping to drain a planet the entire time that actually makes sense.

Even if it is instant (which you have no proof of), Dark!Exile couldn't immediately drain the masters, she had to combat them first and weaken them. Since Krayt, Caedus and Kun are all above Nihilus, is like to know how he's draining any of them off the bat let alone all of them.

Stigma
Nihilus gets roflstomped. Then Krayt drains him.

Zampanó
Neph can handle himself, but here's the scene with Kreia using a Force Power immediately prior to using the drain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co6f55ZlHN4
Kreia enters at 8:20

NewGuy01
I heard that in the new Restored Content version the drain didn't kill the masters; rather it weakened them and she finished them with TK. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Zampanó
That is not the case. In the cut content (lightside path) Kreia uses TK just as before, then lectures the Jedi Masters for longer then drains the hell out of them. The feat is the same, but with more self-righteousness.

Imperial Knight
The team win.

SunRazer
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I heard that in the new Restored Content version the drain didn't kill the masters; rather it weakened them and she finished them with TK. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Nah. The only Restored Content versions I know of have Kreia doing the same thing (except with a Drain Force animation instead of Drain Life), or one where she dominates them over and over with TK (and speaks to each individually) before letting them down to Drain them.

SunRazer
Amplification?

And try to recall that Nihilus would have grown in power significantly from it. Also I believe sources say it's close to a hundred but who cares.

Yeah, he channeled power from the Ravager, as confirmed in KotOR II's Prima Guide.

Also, these satiations are temporary, so it's not like it'd have been some permanent amplification.

Nephthys
That sounds really stupid and made up.

Uh, no? He always grows him power when he consumes someone. That's how it works, thats how he became so powerful in the first place. I'm fairly sure near a hundred Jedi + a planet of force sensitives gave him a pretty sizable uptick in power.

SunRazer
"For the best results, tell her to block the flow of power Nihilus absorbs from the Ravager; this stuns him for a few seconds." -- Prima Guide

I'm pretty sure it's stated in game that his satiations are temporary. I'll find it.

Nephthys
The Ravager is a ship, it can't generate force power. Anything he gets from it is likely minor or is just some malachor thing to do with his nature.

Nihilus' hunger being satiated is temporary, but his increase in power isn't. The hunger weakens him if he suffers from it though.

SunRazer
The Ravager is a pretty unique breed, and the dubious circumstances surrounding its resurrection on top of KotOR II's weird power sources means that it's a possibility. I think the more likely thing is that Nihilus feeds off everybody aboard the ship, though.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean he could destroy this whole team by himself.

Nephthys
That's a good interpretation.

I was just proving that he can eat planets and pull out the ability when he wants. Don't care too much about the thread.

SunRazer
1. Then it's quite the feat for Visas to be able to block his access to everybody else on the ship.

2. He can Drain whenever he wants, but on the scale of Katarr? Unlikely.

Stigma
Krayt drains FTW. The rest of the team sips tea.

SunRazer
Without the amplification from the Ravager and any possible prior preparations, Nihilus is not pulling a Katarr here and devastating the entire enemy team, which leaves him with no options to keep himself from getting destroyed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.