Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Plo Koon & Ahsoka Tano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Jinn and Kenobi as of The Phantom Menace. Koon & Tano as of Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars respectively.

Battle takes place in Theed Palace on Naboo. Which team proves victorious?

Emperordmb
I'm going with team one. Jinn impresses me more than anyone else here as a duelist via his performance with Maul, and Kenobi is already one of the best Jedi in the order and has some impressive feats prior to this point, so he's solid support.

Fated Xtasy
Hmm okay.

Ahsoka Vs Obi-Wan

Overall, i think these two are pretty close in terms of skill, power and overall speed. But i'll delve deeper in the three normal categories. All out, Force, and duel

Duel.

Ahsoka's an impressive, duelist, besting Pre, or getting the better of him, whatever you believe it to be is quite impressive, dueling Grievous and besting him in a deadlock is high tier, and her short bout with Ventress does speak volumes of her might.

Like-wise, Obi's done incredible things, dueling Bruck Chun, a boy thought to be talented and impressive as a duelist. defeating Xanatos alongside his master, QGJ, besting the Bounty Hunter Ona Norbis's lightwhip when she got the best of QGJ, then going to best Yinchorri, duel Aurra Sing, and then best Maul in a Force rage, that speaks highly of Obi-Wan.

In all honesty, i think that the one thing that tips this for me, is Obi-Wan mastery of the blade as a thirteen year old, and continuous growth throughout his days in skill. Still, it's not quite a big edge seeing as how Ahsoka has accomplished, and achieved a similar level of skill as well.

Force Power. Obi-Wan's power is not as greatly developed as Ahsoka's, truth be told i've seen nothing from Obi-Wan as of TPM and back that made him a powerful force user, this fact, and given his weak force barrier, is going to make him an easy target for Ahsoka.

All-Out, it's up in the air between these two, they're similarly skilled and are powerful in their own ways. With Obi-Wan having an edge in lightsaber mastery, and Ahsoka has her edge in force power. it really does depend on how they decide to play this battle..

----------------

Qui-Gon Jinn Vs Plo.

Dueling.

Qui-Gon Jinn is an exceptional duelist, a celebrated swordsman and a man who humbles a man of considerable lightsaber of ability in the face of Anoon Bondara, he's powerful, and agile in combat, a match for most. Qui-Gon has dueled his powerful padawan to the point of exhaustion, met him equally on several occasions, and bested him with his Padawan Obi, fended off the Nashtah, and finally, fought darth maul on two occasions. Qui-Gon's powerful, no doubt.

And similarly, Plo Koon was someone Maul considered a threat, an excellent duelist, and someone who Qui-Gon himself considered to be a master duelist. Plo's proven his skill by fighting off Yinchorri, fighting the extremely talented Asajj ventress, and dueling Savage Opress. Again, Plo's powerful, no doubt.

This is a pretty easy decision, not a fight, but i have to side with Qui-Gon. He's had Maul fall so deep into a defensive that the Zabrak was uncertain of his victory on Theed, thus showing that had Qui-Gon more energy, he would have perhaps bested Plo Koon, yet even with all that said, i do believe that Plo's growth and knowledge of Jinn's form is what makes this an interesting and hard fight.

Force.

I think these two are likely, equals in this regards, seeing as they have similar TK feats and the fact that both of them are considered powerful by several sources, that said, i'd say Plo holds an edge due to his more showings in TK.

In an all out, it's pretty much the same verdict as in the Ahsoka and Obi fight. it just depends on Plo, and Jinn decide to play it. Jinn hold's a nice, yet small edge in a duel, where as Plo holds a sizeable edge in the Force in a force fight. it's toss up, and it all comes down to one thing.

Team work.

This category is the easiest one to choose a winner for.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, these two are completely connected, right down to the same wave length and i'd even go as far as same breathing patterns.

(insert spongebob picture where Squid and Sqongebob are "connected" here)

With their team work, these two have had Darth maul on the defensive to the point where had to divide them in order to defeat them, or else Maul would have been killed.

Ahsoka and Plo know one another, but they simply lack the same natural connection and bond that QGJ and Tiny-wan have, which is one that obviously helps them in combat,.

So, with all that said, I still think it's a good fight, but these being a two v two makes this battle one that's going under Obi and QGJ's tag team belts. stick out tongue

carthage
Jinn vs Plo is either way imo

But I'm leaning Jinn

|King Joker|
mmm Anyone support Team 2?

Fated Xtasy
You're all alone joker

:iwin:

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You're all alone joker

:iwin: http://media.giphy.com/media/yoJC2Ayl72g7JSvu8g/giphy.gif

I'm actually leaning Team 1 as well, *****.

Kurk
Team one

Jmanghan
Hmm okay.

Ahsoka Vs Obi-Wan

Overall, i think these two are pretty close in terms of skill, power and overall speed. But i'll delve deeper in the three normal categories. All out, Force, and duel

Duel.

Ahsoka's an impressive, duelist, besting Pre, or getting the better of him, whatever you believe it to be is quite impressive, dueling Grievous and besting him in a deadlock is high tier, and her short bout with Ventress does speak volumes of her might.

Like-wise, Obi's done incredible things, dueling Bruck Chun, a boy thought to be talented and impressive as a duelist. defeating Xanatos alongside his master, QGJ, besting the Bounty Hunter Ona Norbis's lightwhip when she got the best of QGJ, then going to best Yinchorri, duel Aurra Sing, and then best Maul in a Force rage, that speaks highly of Obi-Wan.

In all honesty, i think that the one thing that tips this for me, is Obi-Wan mastery of the blade as a thirteen year old, and continuous growth throughout his days in skill. Still, it's not quite a big edge seeing as how Ahsoka has accomplished, and achieved a similar level of skill as well.

Force Power. Obi-Wan's power is not as greatly developed as Ahsoka's, truth be told i've seen nothing from Obi-Wan as of TPM and back that made him a powerful force user, this fact, and given his weak force barrier, is going to make him an easy target for Ahsoka.

All-Out, it's up in the air between these two, they're similarly skilled and are powerful in their own ways. With Obi-Wan having an edge in lightsaber mastery, and Ahsoka has her edge in force power. it really does depend on how they decide to play this battle..

----------------

Qui-Gon Jinn Vs Plo.

Dueling.

Qui-Gon Jinn is an exceptional duelist, a celebrated swordsman and a man who humbles a man of considerable lightsaber of ability in the face of Anoon Bondara, he's powerful, and agile in combat, a match for most. Qui-Gon has dueled his powerful padawan to the point of exhaustion, met him equally on several occasions, and bested him with his Padawan Obi, fended off the Nashtah, and finally, fought darth maul on two occasions. Qui-Gon's powerful, no doubt.

And similarly, Plo Koon was someone Maul considered a threat, an excellent duelist, and someone who Qui-Gon himself considered to be a master duelist. Plo's proven his skill by fighting off Yinchorri, fighting the extremely talented Asajj ventress, and dueling Savage Opress. Again, Plo's powerful, no doubt.

This is a pretty easy decision, not a fight, but i have to side with Qui-Gon. He's had Maul fall so deep into a defensive that the Zabrak was uncertain of his victory on Theed, thus showing that had Qui-Gon more energy, he would have perhaps bested Plo Koon, yet even with all that said, i do believe that Plo's growth and knowledge of Jinn's form is what makes this an interesting and hard fight.

Force.

I think these two are likely, equals in this regards, seeing as they have similar TK feats and the fact that both of them are considered powerful by several sources, that said, i'd say Plo holds an edge due to his more showings in TK.

In an all out, it's pretty much the same verdict as in the Ahsoka and Obi fight. it just depends on Plo, and Jinn decide to play it. Jinn hold's a nice, yet small edge in a duel, where as Plo holds a sizeable edge in the Force in a force fight. it's toss up, and it all comes down to one thing.

Team work.

This category is the easiest one to choose a winner for.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, these two are completely connected, right down to the same wave length and i'd even go as far as same breathing patterns.

(insert spongebob picture where Squid and Sqongebob are "connected" here)

With their team work, these two have had Darth maul on the defensive to the point where had to divide them in order to defeat them, or else Maul would have been killed.

Ahsoka and Plo know one another, but they simply lack the same natural connection and bond that QGJ and Tiny-wan have, which is one that obviously helps them in combat,.

So, with all that said, I still think it's a good fight, but these being a two v two makes this battle one that's going under Obi and QGJ's tag team belts. stick out tongue

He didin't legitimately beat Maul, we've been over this a million times. He surprised him with an attack he wasn't expecting.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He didin't legitimately beat Maul, we've been over this a million times. He surprised him with an attack he wasn't expecting.

He's had Maul on the defensive to the point where Maul himself was uncertain of his victory.

I didn't say Jinn beat Maul.

EmperorSidious2
Plo beats Jinn so team 2

Kurk
I'm sorry Team two for sure; didn't see the Phantom Menace feats for team one

carthage
I'm not sure who wins between Plo and Jinn.

mmm

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Kurk
I'm sorry Team two for sure; didn't see the Phantom Menace feats for team one

Wha?

Originally posted by carthage
I'm not sure who wins between Plo and Jinn.

mmm

I mean, the simplest answer would be how Plo was bested by Maul inferior, Savage, by cheap shot yes. Still.

Versus QGJ actually doing well against Maul in TPM, whom I hold in the same level as SoD Maul in dueling ability

SunRazer
Obi-Wan never bested Maul, lol.

|King Joker|
Who do you think wins, SunRazer?

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1 have advantage in skills with a Lightsaber but Plo Koon is the strongest Jedi in this contest.

Scenario 1:

Assuming Qui-Gon Jinn versus Plo Koon and Obi-Wan Kenobi versus Ahsoka Tano; Koon might be able to defeat Jinn by virtue of his superior Force abilities but I don't see the possibility of Tano defeating Kenobi.

This contest may eventually come down to Koon versus Kenobi and this might go either way.

Scenario 2

Assuming Jinn versus Tano and Kenobi versus Koon; again, I don't see the possibility of Tano defeating Jinn but she might be able to press him for sometime. If Jinn defeats Tano, he can assist Kenobi in overcoming Koon.

---

I am 50/50 on this.

SunRazer
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Who do you think wins, SunRazer?

Not sure.

Darth Thor

No not at all, Maul was a pretty even match for the 2 of them combined.

SunRazer
Sources have stated that the Jedi's Ataru skills were "mere delaying tactics" against Maul's Juyo mastery. Given that he was the one landed the unarmed blows most of the time, it's clear that he was at the advantage. He just separated them for a more conclusive victory.

Darth Thor
He almost took Obi-Wan out with that kick, so I'm not sure why that's seen as a separating tactic. He was just continuing to land physical blows on the duo.

The forcefields may have been a tactical way to separate them because Maul took a bad hit from Qui-Gon just prior, and may have need a bit of recovery time. Or perhaps that was just the direction the fight went through random chance (or the Will of the Force).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.