Malgus/Nox/Wrath vs. ROTS Vader/Dooku/Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

*Vader is unhindered

Battle takes place on Ziost

*Bonus on neutral ground

SunRazer
Team 2 in sabers. Not sure who wins Force, but team 2 should take all-out.

AncientPower
Malgus ties up Vader.
Wrath takes down Dooku.
Nox kills Maul.

As soon as either Nox or Wrath win then Team 1 wins.

SunRazer
Wrath is not taking down Dooku, and Malgus is not beating Vader. Nox vs Maul is arguable.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Wrath is not taking down Dooku.
Ehhhhh.

SunRazer
His physical strength and presumably strength-oriented form would press the Count, but Tyranus is faster and more skilled and would ultimately triumph in a duel. The Wrath isn't wining via Force, either.

AncientPower
Wrath doesn't need a Force advantage, Wrath is a wrecking machine who has defeated entities like Sel Makor in the Nightmare Lands.

I never said Malgus would beat Vader either, I said he'd tie him up.

SunRazer
Tie him up sounds like he'd beat him, lol. Either way, he's losing.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Tie him up sounds like he'd beat him
mmm Drugs. Don't do them.

FreshestSlice
Either the Wrath or Nox could defeat Dooku or Maul before Vader could ever defeat Malgus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Wrath wtfpwns

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
mmm Drugs. Don't do them.

lol Nah, I just interpreted it differently. Nobody says "tie him up" for "its a draw", anyway.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also, why would the Wrath fight Dooku and Nox fight Maul, Ancient?

AncientPower
@SunRazer Tie up means to make busy or distract, stop watching BDSM tbh.

@TheSupremeOneOfUsAll The Wrath is basically perfect for fighting Dooku, his style is massively strength oriented. Nox's force powers/sorcery would be more effective against Maul than Dooku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
@TheSupremeOneOfUsAll

I thought that was either Shaak Ti or Meetra Surik? http://r31.imgfast.net/users/3113/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

The Wrath is basically perfect for fighting Dooku, his style is massively strength oriented. Nox's force powers/sorcery would be more effective against Maul than Dooku.

One could just as easily say Maul could battle The Wrath to cancel out the strength advantage, and that Dooku could face Nox to lessen the force advantage. your TOR respect is very pleasing. http://r31.imgfast.net/users/3113/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I thought that was either Shaak Ti or Meetra Surik? http://r31.imgfast.net/users/3113/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

One could just as easily say Maul could battle The Wrath to cancel out the strength advantage, and that Dooku could face Nox to lessen the force advantage. your TOR respect is very pleasing. http://r31.imgfast.net/users/3113/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

No, they are nothing like the strength of a Nox or HoT.

One could, but one would prefer not to entertain the PT brigade.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No, they are nothing like the strength of a Nox or HoT.

You're right, either one would prolly solo them both via turning them inside-out http://r31.imgfast.net/users/3113/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

One could, but one would prefer not to entertain the PT brigade.

You've become an asset indeed. That said, I find it hard to find it witihn myself to support The Wrath taking down Dooku. What is your rationale? I'm also unsure of Malgus vs. Vader. Ultimately though imho Nox vs. Maul is what knots up team 1's victory.

AncientPower
Eh, their strength is very much circumstantial, they can either be very good or great but the environment is the decider for any of their fights. They are what I like to call victims of their own style.

Wrath taking Dooku down is based on my observation that Wrath really isn't going to be dismissed easily with a kick/Push/Lightning stop-gap. Wrath is the type that the longer a duel goes on for the more powerful he gets. Dooku is bound to settle for the long haul and try to use an opening, which due to Wrath's endurance/stamina and inevitable rage dooms the Count.

Nox vs Maul is important for two reasons:

1.Maul is susceptible to sorcery and Nox is fantastic at using hax to win fights.

2.Soon as Maul is dead then Nox has free space to heal Malgus/Wrath or mentally assault Vader and Dooku, which would be fatally distracting.

Nox is the carrier here.

Emperordmb
Why are those likely to be the match-ups that occur? Neither team knows jack shit about each other, (cept Vader knowing of Malgus), and I'd assume two aggro guys like Maul and Wrath would naturally clash with each other.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Why are those likely to be the match-ups that occur? Neither team knows jack shit about each other, (cept Vader knowing of Malgus), and I'd assume two aggro guys like Maul and Wrath would naturally clash with each other.

Which was essentially my rationale.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Eh, their strength is very much circumstantial, they can either be very good or great but the environment is the decider for any of their fights. They are what I like to call victims of their own style.

Wrath taking Dooku down is based on my observation that Wrath really isn't going to be dismissed easily with a kick/Push/Lightning stop-gap. Wrath is the type that the longer a duel goes on for the more powerful he gets. Dooku is bound to settle for the long haul and try to use an opening, which due to Wrath's endurance/stamina and inevitable rage dooms the Count.

This is the dude who would stalemate Skywalker regularly throughout the Clone Wars, and even stood up against Yoda pretty well -- the same Yoda who made Plo Koon, Depa Billaba, and Saesee Tiin collectively look pathetic.

Nox vs Maul is important for two reasons:

1.Maul is susceptible to sorcery and Nox is fantastic at using hax to win fights.

2.Soon as Maul is dead then Nox has free space to heal Malgus/Wrath or mentally assault Vader and Dooku, which would be fatally distracting.

/implying Nox would use sorcery to rekt Maul instead of lightning

/implying Nox would mentally assault Vader or Dooku instead of moar lightning

Nox certainly could and probably even would use sorcery, but as for things we've actually seen I'd wager TK/lightning would do the trick.

AncientPower
This is the dude who would stalemate Skywalker regularly throughout the Clone Wars, and even stood up against Yoda pretty well -- the same Yoda who made Plo Koon, Depa Billaba, and Saesee Tiin collectively look pathetic.

/implying Nox would use sorcery to rekt Maul instead of lightning

/implying Nox would mentally assault Vader or Dooku instead of moar lightning

Nox certainly could and probably even would use sorcery, but as for things we've actually seen I'd wager TK/lightning would do the trick.

Skywalker only becomes the super swordsman by season six and then finally surpasses him by decapitating him. Dooku also pretty clearly got trashed according to sources against Yoda and could somewhat match him with a Vjun amp.

Lightning and TK feats are what the PT brigade desperately latch onto and wank to high heaven for their sole argument. Better to throw sorcery up in there and watch them ignore it's existence because they've got jack shit to counter it with.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As many sources saying Dooku got "trashed" and fled there is an equal amount of sources saying Dooku even "stalemated" him or held his ground.

Very true. Which is why it's an even more impressive showing of superiority if Nox can lightning/TK Maul or Dooku. And considering Nox was utterly unaffected by Thanaton's force whirlwind/FLS combo, and generally showed utter superiority over him in the force, I'd wager Nox could handle Maul via lightning or TK. With Dooku she'd probably have to use sorcery, but I still have Nox>Dooku on the basis of sheer overwhelming power.

Why not just use force whirlwind on Maul then annihilate him with lightning? I mean, Thanaton managed to catch Nox in one http://r31.imgfast.net/users/3113/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

AncientPower
I tend to subscribe to the ones that don't place Dooku on the tier of an equal to Sidious.

Very true but reading logical fallacies is always fun.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I tend to subscribe to the ones that don't place Dooku on the tier of an equal to Sidious.

I take it not as Dooku is literally equal to Yoda, but holding your own against him is far more than the majority can boast.

Very true but reading logical fallacies is always fun.

Don't let Ant read this....

Personally, despite the operations mechanics of SOR, I'd like to think the likes of Nox/HoT/Wrath could hold their own against Revan in a fight, potentially squeaking one or two wins here or there. Despite the mechanics of having a huge strike team of Marr/Shan/Beniko/Theron/etc, part of me wonders if this is to say Revan is literally >>> Nox, or if its just the nature of the game itself.

FreshestSlice
Even Revan said the protags couldn't face EVILRevan on their own, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well yeah, an individual protag certainly has a slim chance of beating Revan alone. Just that based on what we know of their exploits, Revan being >>> is kind of ridiculous, tbh.

FreshestSlice
Well look at the strike team that canonically went.

Lana-who gets loltooled by Weaktiate while he's possessing pretty much an entire planet.
Theron- Enough said.
Shae Vizla- the aging Mandalorian that was in a trailer.
Darth Marr- the cancer patient
Satele Shan- the runner up a decade past relevancy
Jakarro, an insane Wookie who got captured by a few Selkath.

Not quite the group of planet busters themselves. Any two protags could take on these guys.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well I mean Satele was amping the bastards too. And even still Revan's Spirit had to intervene mid fight to saev teh warhld.

and dont u dis marr u sick fvck

AncientPower
Revan was amped tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan was amped tbh.

Ehh Ant debunked.

AncientPower
Eh Yavin IV >>>> Oricon & Satele's BM wasn't constant. But fair enough.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ehhh the fact that Revan was able to get past the whole strike team and incapacitate Shan is kind of a showing that Revan >>> protag (which to me in context of lore is untrue, especially considering after the fact Revan says he's in awe of Nox's rise to power.)

FreshestSlice
Well I mean Satele was amping the bastards too. And even still Revan's Spirit had to intervene mid fight to saev teh warhld.

and dont u dis marr u sick fvck
Satele's awful, Revan had more mastery than us fresh faced Sith Lords/Jedi Masters, and I'm not. Marr is still a cancer patient.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Satele's awful, Revan had more mastery than us fresh faced Sith Lords/Jedi Masters, and I'm not. Marr is still a cancer patient.

Cool rationale, ngl. thumb up

And implying Marr can be afflicted with any negative disease or medical condition is dissing him, yes.

AncientPower
Marr's cancer is so powerful it induces suicide tbh. Take that Slice.

Tbf Marr appeared to be (perhaps literally was) teleporting to Darth Lachris.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, in all honesty, Marr is a beast of a dude, possibly one of the top 5 individual sith in the Empire. He was put on the Council at a younger age than even Nox, after all, and retained his position for 40 + years.

AncientPower
Malgus, Jadus and if the hype is warranted perhaps Thanaton are his only rivals imo. Ignoring of course bigger guns.

FreshestSlice
Cool rationale, ngl. thumb up

And implying Marr can be afflicted with any negative disease or medical condition is dissing him, yes.
You mean besides the part where he been dying for a decade? He got Dark Side bends. Nothing will change that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
We're all dying, bruh.

SunRazer
@SunRazer Tie up means to make busy or distract, stop watching BDSM tbh.

It's not a term used commonly where I come from, so I'm not particularly familiar with it. But conceded. Still, Malgus vs Vader might be the first fight to be over...

McP
Warth is outclassed. Team 1 with moderate difficulty since Vader, Dooku and Malgus are the strongest guys on battlefield

Nephthys
Malgus ties up Vader.
Wrath takes down Dooku.
Nox kills Maul.

As soon as either Nox or Wrath win then Team 1 wins.

carthage
I haven't seen any feats suggesting Wrath can take Dooku.

If anything Malgus would probably have a better show seeing as he's more powerful in the force in addition to being at least as or more skilled. Even that I doubt to an extent given Dooku's accolades, and he'd win seeing as he's already bested or fought evenly with a superior offensive duelist Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.