During 9/11, F-16 pilot was ordered to kamikaze ram Flight 93

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/f-16-pilot-was-ready-to-give-her-life-on-sept-11/2015/09/06/7c8cddbc-d8ce-11e0-9dca-a4d231dfde50_story.html?tid=trending_strip_5

This is a really fascinating story, one that I never heard about, even when it came to light in 2011. Apparently, there was no time to arm the F-16s with missiles or anything, so the jets were sent to crash into the airliner and bring it down that way.

riv6672
Yeah, i heard about this while still in the Army.

Tzeentch
The pilot's a qt.

Omega Vision
A qt with sc (security clearance)

Surtur
This is less disturbing then it could of been, it seems they chose to do this as opposed to being ordered to do it even if they didn't want to. Since I sure as hell wouldn't be committing suicide if the army told me to.

Omega Vision
I'm just shocked that they didn't have any armed aircraft on standby. Seems like a pretty shitty level of readiness for a country like the USA. I mean, what if it had been more than just an airliner? What if it had been a flight of attack jets from another country like Russia or China? Weren't there any surface to air missiles in place?

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm just shocked that they didn't have any armed aircraft on standby. Seems like a pretty shitty level of readiness for a country like the USA. I mean, what if it had been more than just an airliner? What if it had been a flight of attack jets from another country like Russia or China? Weren't there any surface to air missiles in place?

Behold, George W. Bush's idea of the military.

Time-Immemorial
What was Obama's plan again in Syria and how did it fail and make Russia and Assad closer.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
What was Obama's plan again in Syria and how did it fail and make Russia and Assad closer.

What does President Obama have to do with 9/11?

Are you rage deflecting again? Seems so.

Time-Immemorial
You went back to blaming bush there el chappo.

Tzeentch
Well, he was the President of the United States during the event that this thread is centered on...

Robtard

My bad, I forgot Bush wasn't the President (ie Commander-In-Chief of the United States Armed Forces) on Sept 11th 2001. How silly of me thumb up

Time-Immemorial
Funny, this attack came in on the heels of Clinton and him not killing Bin Laden when he had the chance, as he admitted to.

Nice fail both of you at covering up the facts.

Omega Vision
It's not OT to bring up Bush in a thread about 9/11, but it is very OT to bring up Obama. Wasn't he still in Chicago in 2001?

Time-Immemorial
Funny, this attack came in on the heels of Clinton and him not killing Bin Laden when he had the chance, as he admitted to.

Nice fail at all three of you at covering up the facts.

Omega Vision
To be fair, I don't think Bush should be blamed for the lack of military readiness. It's never the president's job to oversee things like that. That falls on the Joint Chiefs and others in the Pentagon.

Edit: You do realize that if Clinton had given the kill order at that moment, we likely would have also killed members of a Middle Eastern royal family?

Robtard
It's not OT to bring up Bush in a thread about 9/11, but it is very OT to bring up Obama. Wasn't he still in Chicago in 2001?

That's TI's Obama Derangement Syndrome (ODS) kicking in.

Time-Immemorial
To be fair, I don't think Bush should be blamed for the lack of military readiness. It's never the president's job to oversee things like that. That falls on the Joint Chiefs and others in the Pentagon.

Edit: You do realize that if Clinton had given the kill order at that moment, we likely would have also killed members of a Middle Eastern royal family?

You do realize if he had killed him we would still have 3000 people and the towers would still be up, we would not have this privatized defense force known as the TSA and the hundreds of other things we now have to deal with.

Robtard
You do realize if he had killed him we would still have 3000 people and the towers would still be up, we would not have this privatized defense force known as the TSA and the hundreds of other things we now have to deal with.

You have no idea all that would have or not have come to pass.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
You have no idea all that would have or not have come to pass.

So killing Bin Laden years before would not have affected the outcome of 9/11.

There's a big whammy.

This is like you saying "We didn't build reservoirs because of potato's, and now our state is out of water and burning to the ground."

Tzeentch
Likely not. Bin Laden's been dead for years and AQ is still kicking around, despite how much we've weakened it over the years. If Bin Laden had died at the height of its power most of its operations would probably have still come to pass. Bin Laden was only one mastermind out of many for the 9/11 scheme.

Robtard
So killing Bin Laden years before would not have affected the outcome of 9/11.

There's a big whammy.

9/11 could have still happened without Osama Bin Laden.

Unless you have sort of magical vision where you can see all possible outcomes?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Likely not. Bin Laden's been dead for years and AQ is still kicking around, despite how much we've weakened it over the years. If Bin Laden had died at the height of its power most of its operations would probably have still come to pass.

Wow you guys are really committed now.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-clinton-hours-911-attacks-killed-osama-bin/story?id=24801422

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
9/11 could have still happened without Osama Bin Laden.

Unless you have sort of magical vision where you can see all possible outcomes?

Now you are just acting silly.

Tzeentch
How does that link address anything I just said?

Time-Immemorial
Wait till all this secret stuff comes out in the next few months.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
This is less disturbing then it could of been, it seems they chose to do this as opposed to being ordered to do it even if they didn't want to. Since I sure as hell wouldn't be committing suicide if the army told me to.
Yeah, thats not an order thats going to be real popular!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.