GTA: V vs GTA: SA vs GTA: VC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Widely considered as the best open-world experiences in existence, these 3 games are regarded as the best in the series, so that begs the question, which truly IS the best?

Scribble
I preferred 4 to SA or VC. Is 4 not that highly regarded? It had a better plot than 5 imo, even if it didn't have a character as great as Trevor. But then again, not many games do. But yeah, 4 and 5 are on par for me, 5 taking the lead slightly for some of the more unexpected parts in it, the overall stronger and more varied missions, and the improved driving (I still think people whinge about the driving in 4 too much, though).

Solid47
V. SA is good but I think V is better in almost every way.

-Pr-
Vice City imo has the best story, characters and soundtrack.

V in terms of gameplay is well above the rest though.

jaden101
The cast of VC and SA blow V out the water as do the soundtracks. Getting in the car for the first time in VC and hearing Michael Jackson playing was a gaming classic moment. The humour in SA and V are on par and were both full of hilarious moments. V has the win for playability. SA has the win for the sheer amount of extra stuff to do. I still play SA once through every couple of years but it is showing its limitations with each new game.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Scribble
I preferred 4 to SA or VC. Is 4 not that highly regarded? It had a better plot than 5 imo, even if it didn't have a character as great as Trevor. But then again, not many games do. But yeah, 4 and 5 are on par for me, 5 taking the lead slightly for some of the more unexpected parts in it, the overall stronger and more varied missions, and the improved driving (I still think people whinge about the driving in 4 too much, though). 4 was... okay. I'm sure people put it over games like "Vice City stories" or GTA 3.

However, it's not even on the same level as the games on this list, IMO.

Smasandian
GTA V is the best of them. Most of what Jaden101 rings true but I disagree on characters. Trevor Phillips is probably the most unique character to every be in a game. He is fantastic and ****ing hilarious. I do agree on the soundtrack. I think it's the worst out of all the series....

As for GTA4, the first time I played it, I got bored. I re-played the game a second time and I surprisingly enjoyed it more than I thought. It's a very good game and you can't have GTA5 without GTA4.

KingD19
Executions in 4 were awesome

jaden101
Originally posted by Smasandian
GTA V is the best of them. Most of what Jaden101 rings true but I disagree on characters. Trevor Phillips is probably the most unique character to every be in a game. He is fantastic and ****ing hilarious. I do agree on the soundtrack. I think it's the worst out of all the series....

As for GTA4, the first time I played it, I got bored. I re-played the game a second time and I surprisingly enjoyed it more than I thought. It's a very good game and you can't have GTA5 without GTA4.

You mistook my point. I never said anything about the characters. I said the casts were better in SA and VC

As is Samuel L Jackson, Ray Liotta, Chris Penn, Tom Sizemore, Dennis Hopper, Burt Reynolds, Danny Trejo, Gary Busey,, James Woods, Clifton Collins jnr, Danny Dyer, Frank Vincent, William fitchner, The Game, Axl Rose, Fairuza Balk, Debbie Harry, Kevin Mckidd,

Smasandian
Oh, my mistake.

I guess that's true.

But in the end, if you believe that characters are better in a different game, it wouldn't really matter who played them because I assume good characters also come with good voice performances.

Adam Grimes
I wouldn't know, I dislike most if not all of the GTA games. GTA V was funny though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I wouldn't know, I dislike most if not all of the GTA games. GTA V was funny though. . . .Next!

Adam Grimes
This wimp...

Jmanghan
This wimp... This pussy-ass permavirgin.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Jmanghan
This pussy-ass permavirgin. Lol, you mad loser?

Jmanghan
Lol, you mad loser? What?

walshy
This is a tough decision. I spent a lot of my childhood playing vice city and San Andreas, but I really enjoyed what I played of 5.

Due to nostalgia bias I guess I'd have to put sa and vc ahead of 5. SA>VC>5. But they're all good. Soundtracks are better on sa and vc.

4 doesn't even compare to these, I'd take 3 over 4. And the driving really was that bad, going from San Andreas to gta 4 was disappointing

Jmanghan
Originally posted by walshy
This is a tough decision. I spent a lot of my childhood playing vice city and San Andreas, but I really enjoyed what I played of 5.

Due to nostalgia bias I guess I'd have to put sa and vc ahead of 5. SA>VC>5. But they're all good. Soundtracks are better on sa and vc.

4 doesn't even compare to these, I'd take 3 over 4. And the driving really was that bad, going from San Andreas to gta 4 was disappointing Nice, Walsh, good to see you taking some time away from the OTF, buddy.

Impediment
GTA V reigns supreme with gameplay, variety, characters, and story. The soundtrack, however, is dog shit.

GTA III will always have a special place in my heart above VC and SA any day of the year.

walshy
on gta V i would listen to non stop pop fm or classic x, maybe i should have listened to WCTR more because i always loved that on vice city and san andreas. but overall the stations on vice city and san andreas were muuuch better imo, classic music from when game was set and before. on san andreas i even liked the country music station k-rose and i never listened to country music. don't remember the music being as good on 3 or 4.

also love fist from vice city were awesome:

MgG9f9YtRbc

Nusa105
San andreas in PC because they have some mod to put in the game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.