Is Superman beyond High Herald ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Simple question.

Is Superman in the Herald tier or beyond ?

Adam Grimes
No, he's high meta.

Cogito
Like most high heralds, he is high herald on average but can transcend at times.

Same is true of SS, Thor, Hulk, Hal, etc.

ghostman
when he wants to be.

Board Walker
On average he is Trans, unrestrained he is skyfather. At maximum power he is multi-megaversal abstract

Digi
Originally posted by Board Walker
multi-megaversal abstract

Glad to know you're being so exact in power level descriptors.

thumb up

long pig
My god this superman! So strong!

relentless1
Hes a High Herald, he has no cosmic powers or any esoteric abilities but he's definitely the tops of the High Herald tier though

Juntai
Here Morpheus, the embodiment of Dream challenges the Duke of Hell to the Oldest game.

Originally posted by galactusischere

http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/kelsaken/?action=view&current=Sandman04-17.jpg&
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/kelsaken/?action=view&current=Sandman04-18.jpg&
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/kelsaken/?action=view&current=Sandman04-19.jpg&
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/kelsaken/?action=view&current=Sandman04-20.jpg&

Keep in mind what actually won this game. Hope defeats Anti-life, and cements itself as the most powerful abstract concept in DC. Every story of heros spins out of this very basic concept.

http://i.imgur.com/BGVNa4E.jpg?1

Here; You learn that S stands for hope, and through the course of his origin story in Birthright, that Superman is the personification of this idea.

To farther cement this, lets recap what happened in Final Crisis.
Darkseid planned the entire several years of events, across all of the multiverse, chess-mastering everyone, to set everyone onto a path where he would eventually have a meeting with The Source , and could obtain ultimate power. But in achieving ultimate power, his body was damaged beyond repair, and he fell from the higher dimension to inhabit a new body on Earth.

He did all of this just to obtain to Anti-Life equation, so he could destroy everything Superman loves, and turn reality against him and drag reality screaming to hell with him in his new singularity in the void, where he is the only god they would know.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68345/3634532-2757082-tumblr_mc4nwkok3l1qhwhzzo1_1280.jpg

All of the other crazy shit he did aside-
Who defeated Anti-Life in this story?

Hope did.

Proving again to be the most powerful concept, just as Sandman said it was.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/6/60/Final_Crisis_7_Superman_shatters_Darkseid.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20140118205615

He outsmarted and took on the Source of all things, to achieve ultimate power, destroyed and took over all reality, had all of time-space on the brink...

....and still lost to Superman.

Superman is DC's most powerful abstract.

The living embodiment of the concept of Hope.

To top this off, he is the figurehead and leader to a pantheon of superheros and villains more potent than any other pantheon in creation.

psycho gundam
^ That would mean shit all against someone like Odin

Juntai
If we break down a list who he's beaten, he walks all over the upper tiers of creation like his bitches, but because he has a rather closed powerset, people assume he's not as powerful.

He's defeated several concept/abstract beings. Many gods and demons. He's changed the course of time. Punked Death itself.

Even when brought before the Quintessence to be charged , he told the Entropy Aegis to lower the shield, because would be perfectly fine defending himself against the group of them. An entire group of skyfathers.

He did this directly after 3 sweeping consecutive arcs stories of defeating abstract beings.

The difference between a High Herald and Superman, is that High Herald is the bottom end of Superman's power, a level he purposely holds himself at so he can pretend to run around on Earth and do Earth things and inspire people.

But this is not who he is.
And many of the characters in DC know this as well.

psycho gundam
You must be satellite high

Juntai
Originally posted by psycho gundam
You must be satellite high Not at all.

psycho gundam
You sippin' a lil somethin'?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Juntai
Here Morpheus, the embodiment of Dream challenges the Duke of Hell to the Oldest game.

Keep in mind what actually won this game. Hope defeats Anti-life, and cements itself as the most powerful abstract concept in DC. Every story of heros spins out of this very basic concept.

http://i.imgur.com/BGVNa4E.jpg?1

Here; You learn that S stands for hope, and through the course of his origin story in Birthright, that Superman is the personification of this idea.

To farther cement this, lets recap what happened in Final Crisis.
Darkseid planned the entire several years of events, across all of the multiverse, chess-mastering everyone, to set everyone onto a path where he would eventually have a meeting with The Source , and could obtain ultimate power. But in achieving ultimate power, his body was damaged beyond repair, and he fell from the higher dimension to inhabit a new body on Earth.

He did all of this just to obtain to Anti-Life equation, so he could destroy everything Superman loves, and turn reality against him and drag reality screaming to hell with him in his new singularity in the void, where he is the only god they would know.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68345/3634532-2757082-tumblr_mc4nwkok3l1qhwhzzo1_1280.jpg

All of the other crazy shit he did aside-
Who defeated Anti-Life in this story?

Hope did.

Proving again to be the most powerful concept, just as Sandman said it was.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/6/60/Final_Crisis_7_Superman_shatters_Darkseid.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20140118205615

He outsmarted and took on the Source of all things, to achieve ultimate power, destroyed and took over all reality, had all of time-space on the brink...

....and still lost to Superman.

Superman is DC's most powerful abstract.

The living embodiment of the concept of Hope.

To top this off, he is the figurehead and leader to a pantheon of superheros and villains more potent than any other pantheon in creation.

thumb up

On top of that he is the source and origin of the Superhero genre as it is today. His infuelnce is so big that he has "Avatars" or Copies of himself in almost every other fictional comic verse.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Juntai
If we break down a list who he's beaten, he walks all over the upper tiers of creation like his bitches, but because he has a rather closed powerset, people assume he's not as powerful.

He's defeated several concept/abstract beings. Many gods and demons. He's changed the course of time. Punked Death itself.

Even when brought before the Quintessence to be charged , he told the Entropy Aegis to lower the shield, because would be perfectly fine defending himself against the group of them. An entire group of skyfathers.

He did this directly after 3 sweeping consecutive arcs stories of defeating abstract beings.

The difference between a High Herald and Superman, is that High Herald is the bottom end of Superman's power, a level he purposely holds himself at so he can pretend to run around on Earth and do Earth things and inspire people.

But this is not who he is.
And many of the characters in DC know this as well.

I have said it for years, Superman is the highest level of abstract concept given tangible form.

In essence Superman is something that no one else is, he is an abstract, a herald, a skyfather, a trans all simultaneously because he freely chooses to be what he wants to be at any given time (subconsciously).

However, at the highest level of unrestrained power Superman is a multi (multiple companies) - megaversal abstract.

Facee
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
No, he's high meta.

I know you voted for me embarrasment

Kryptoniano
Yeah, I consider him trans level.

Juntai
Originally posted by Facee
I know you voted for me embarrasment I did too.

Because the poll is meaningless.

And I love you.

Scoobless
Superman ACTUALLY writes his own comics.

True story.

no expression

the Darkone
Superman is High Herald level can be trans low level like Thor, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Orion etc.

That's it, to say hes Sky Father, Abstract bullshit is outright phuck boy status.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Facee
I know you voted for me embarrasment Shh, it's a secret. in_love

long pig
He can punch real hard. That's his biggest power.

Punching.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by long pig

Punching.

Punches in comics, especially in DC comics, destroyed dimensions, intangible barrieres and did something like this:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/jla_sm27.jpg
Punches can change the timelines, affect it etc.

Blue Area Vet
**** no is the answer.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Scoobless

True story.

no expression

laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Punches in comics, especially in DC comics, destroyed dimensions, intangible barrieres and did something like this:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/jla_sm27.jpg
Punches can change the timelines, affect it etc.

Lol...Hulk has done this.

The Sorrow
I like that New 52 isn't quite as Superman-centric (at least compared to the everythingflowsfromSuperman pre reboot days) and he actually has a position in the hierarchy, he gets his ass handed to him from time to time but also will still step up as Earth's #1 defender and still has feats that "surpass" his tier. I don't see Superman as any more powerful than guys like Surfer, Thor, Orion etc. Stronger? Yes, more important to his universe? Sure, but more powerful? No.

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
I like that New 52 isn't quite as Superman-centric (at least compared to the everythingflowsfromSuperman pre reboot days) and he actually has a position in the hierarchy, he gets his ass handed to him from time to time but also will still step up as Earth's #1 defender and still has feats that "surpass" his tier. I don't see Superman as any more powerful than guys like Surfer, Thor, Orion etc. Stronger? Yes, more important to his universe? Sure, but more powerful? No.

thumb up

Mr Master
Originally posted by Board Walker

at the highest level of unrestrained power

Superman is a multi (multiple companies) - megaversal abstract.
no expression
Originally posted by Scoobless

True story.
Surprise that hasn't been implemented seriously by some,
oh wait, Supes actually posted in a real world comic book forum not too long ago.

You way behind Scoobs.

Mr Master
Originally posted by carver9

So has Juggernaut ... and Popeye.

abhilegend
While weakened to near death? I'd like to see that. Kal Kent was weakened to less than 1/10000th of his power level at that point.

Prof. T.C McAbe

facepalm
First punching his way through time to a future some thousand years is different. Second this was not about the amount of power, it was about what punches can do in comics, they are more versatile than Batman utility belt. It was a reply to long pig posts. I know some things are hard to grasp, but this wasn't so don't bring Hulk in here ^^.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
While weakened to near death? I'd like to see that. Kal Kent was weakened to less than 1/10000th of his power level at that point.

Why are you always wetting floor with this dumb ass "he was weakened" excuse? If you think he is so far above everyone else, why would being weakened make such a difference? Must be real easy to weaken this skyfather.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Why are you always wetting floor with this dumb ass "he was weakened" excuse? If you think he is so far above everyone else, why would being weakened make such a difference? Must be real easy to weaken this skyfather.

Its a known fact he was weakened, no amount of bellyaching on your behalf will change this one butthurt boy.

LordofBrooklyn

Punching.

You've returned after all this time just for me to DESTROY you!!

Originally posted by The Sorrow

You are REALLY starting to offend me with your anti-Superman heresy!!!!

long pig
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
facepalm
First punching his way through time to a future some thousand years is different. Second this was not about the amount of power, it was about what punches can do in comics, they are more versatile than Batman utility belt. It was a reply to long pig posts. I know some things are hard to grasp, but this wasn't so don't bring Hulk in here ^^.
And you're a fan of such silliness? Punching through time?

ghostman

youre a fan of dr strange. you dont have the right to call anything silly. have you heard the shit this mother****er yells randomly?

Board Walker
Originally posted by ghostman
youre a fan of dr strange. you dont have the right to call anything silly. have you heard the shit this mother****er yells randomly?

^

psycho gundam
Yet the same people don't care for Dr. Strange....

Blue Area Vet

Strange is the best sorcerer in Marvel, yet somehow Superman is the best magician in DC. In addition to all his magical feats, he's managed to keep you ****ers braindead.

abhilegend
You're just annoying at this point.

Go away troll.

Time-Immemorial
BAVAGINA is under the impression anyone who challenges him is a troll. He is just a whiny baby.

ghostman
Strange is the best sorcerer in Marvel, yet somehow Superman is the best magician in DC. In addition to all his magical feats, he's managed to keep you ****ers braindead.

ok young man tell me where anyone or me for that matter said superman is the best magician in dc, youre just making up shit laughing i was addressing the irony of long pig calling something silly when he loves strange. by the moons of ishtar are you ****ing retarded.

Time-Immemorial
ok young man tell me where anyone or me for that matter said superman is the best magician in dc, youre just making up shit laughing i was addressing the irony of long pig calling something silly when he loves strange. by the moons of ishtar are you ****ing retarded.

Glad people are waking up to how stupid Bavagina is.

Estacado
Alfred beat the shit out of Superman.

That makes him below butler lvl.uhuh

Prof. T.C McAbe

It's as silly as magic, people turning into green strong monster because of gamma radiation and penisless silver humanoids surfing through the Universe. I am a fan of comics and all the silliness they bring. You are on this forum, so i though you are too.

JBL
He's a high Herald no matter what mindset he's in. The only way for him to rise is to sundip.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
He's a high Herald no matter what mindset he's in. The only way for him to rise is to sundip.

LYING WHORE!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Estacado
Alfred beat the shit out of Superman.

That makes him below butler lvl.uhuh

Superman ends the MK universe using his spit-curl!

carver9
Originally posted by JBL

thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
thumb up

YOU ARE NOW IN THE DANGER ZONE!!!

carver9
Lol...

JBL
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
LYING WHORE!!! I tell you, some people are as bad as that OWAW lying crack smoking writer. Shall I bust your OWAW myth again and send that writer some more crack so that he can write another wank story and get caught in lies again? laughing

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
I tell you, some people are as bad as that OWAW lying crack smoking writer. Shall I bust your OWAW myth again and send that writer some more crack so that he can write another wank story and get caught in lies again? laughing

I DARE YOU to "bust" the OWAW myth again!

Go ahead.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by JBL
I tell you, some people are as bad as that OWAW lying crack smoking writer. Shall I bust your OWAW myth again and send that writer some more crack so that he can write another wank story and get caught in lies again? laughing

You only come around to talk shit about Superman and fans. Yes the super freaks here are crazy, but you are just as stupid.

JBL
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
You only come around to talk shit about Superman and fans. Yes the super freaks here are crazy, but you are just as stupid. The truth hurts I see. When superman merged with CM, who found out about who's real power?? CM sensed not a Damn thing about superman that he didn't know. If there were this so called laughable great mountain of non holding back power, CM would have known just like supes felt CMs.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
The truth hurts I see. When superman merged with CM, who found out about who's real power?? CM sensed not a Damn thing about superman that he didn't know. If there were this so called laughable great mountain of non holding back power, CM would have known just like supes felt CMs.
laughing out loud

Still antsy, eh?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mr Master
no expression

Surprise that hasn't been implemented seriously by some,
oh wait, Supes actually posted in a real world comic book forum not too long ago.

You way behind Scoobs.

That was just Deadpool pretending to be Superman

Insane Titan
He's high herald same Surfer,Thor etc.

-Pr-
Closed, because the alternative was banning half of you.

Still might happen, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.