FE Malgus, Leneer and Zallow vs. HoT, Barsen'thor and Meetra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Alderaan mountains

Starting distance is 20 feet.

AncientPower
HoT =/< Malgus.
Barsen'thor > Zallow.
Meetra > Leneer.

HoT holds out long enough for one of them to finish an opponent and then double teams.

carthage
Probably team 1, though its a good fight

Meetra isn't beating Leneer for any kind of majority, Malgus is more skilled and powerful than his counterpart

AncientPower
HoT has defeated Vitiate multiple times so lacking prowess isn't making a difference here. We have an indication, though circumstantial in nature of HoT being more skilled than Malgus as well. At the least Hero holds hims off long enough.

Meetra has edges in mastery, experience and technical skill that afford her a slight majority in my opinion.

Really any way you look at it Barsen'thor just demolishes Zallow with the Force, Zallow is the weak-link here.

carthage
Beating a weakened Vitiate says nothing about his skill with a blade, and you've already been refuted multiple times by Freshest about that quote. Malgus was defeated by a team, not a single person.

Meetra has inferior dueling feats to fighting evenly with Malgus, she loses in a decent fight. Aryn is also more powerful in the force.

But agreed on Zallow vs. Barsen at least.

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
Beating a weakened Vitiate says nothing about his skill with a blade, and you've already been refuted multiple times by Freshest about that quote. Malgus was defeated by a team, not a single person.

Meetra has inferior dueling feats to fighting evenly with Malgus, she loses in a decent fight. Aryn is also more powerful in the force.

But agreed on Zallow vs. Barsen at least.

You pointed out Malgus being more powerful in the Force but given that even Vitiate (weak as he was) failed to implement that advantage then that's rather a moot point.

FreshestSlice really did nothing of the sort, Fatal Alliance only states a Republic and Imperial strike team attacked the space station. What or who defeated Malgus is still not defined, The Hero of Tython is just as likely to have beaten him through superior skill as any other scenario. People claim Hero soloing Malgus is ridiculous despite the fact the Hero had already killed Vitiate in personal combat. A far stronger individual than the False Emperor regardless of state.

Meetra defeating Atris and Traya through lightsaber skill is just as impressive in my opinion. Pe-Amp Malgus' skill is obviously more concrete but Traya having taught the likes of Revan and not to mention her clear knowledge and technical mastery. That is in my opinion just enough to make it clear that Meetra is an obviously formidable master duelist.

Glad we agree, I believe Barsen'thor is defeating Zallow far quicker than either of the other two contests will end, regardless of which way they would. Barsen'thor then turns it into a rout.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Weakened Vitiate probably isn't stronger than Emperor Malgus. But given the circumstances (the nexus weakening the hero and strengthening vitiate, giving him more time to recover via Light Side choice, and him being able to dominate any other than the Hero, including Scourge and Satele,) it's still a damned impressive feat.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Weakened Vitiate probably isn't stronger than Emperor Malgus.
So that's why he waited until Vitiate was "dead."

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. Because if Vitiate stayed alive, he'd inevitably recover his strength. erm

FreshestSlice
Or, Malgus could just kill Vitiate himself because he's so much more powerful.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Because Malgus knew Vitiate was recently weakened by his repeated attempts to prepare a ritual to kill all life in the galaxy. Ohshitnvm

FreshestSlice
How does Malgus even know how powerful the Emperor is any time, to care, when apparently Baras is the gauge we should go by for how powerful a Voice should be? How does Scourge know he's weakened, but Vitiate doesn't know the HoT is coming? How can Scourge sense so much about the Emperor, but the Emperor knows literally nothing about what's going on in his own temple? I could go on.

Sinious
I agree that Vitiate was more powerful than Malgus even when weakened but Malgus definitely didn't know anything about Vitiate being weakened at that period of time so him waiting for Vitiate to die is irrelevant imo.

Also, if Malgus was in HoT' place, he could kill Vitiate as well, despite being inferior to him in the force.

FreshestSlice
Malgus wouldn't be able to kill Vitiate because he has no way to deal with his telepathy. Sure you could go with Vitiate being weakened, but a good chunk of that power also apparently went towards keeping Vailyn in check.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
so your argument is SWTOR is dumb, which I can agree with. That said, specifically in the context of Vitiate's plan to destroy the Galaxy, It's pretty explicit than only Scourge and Revan knew until Scourge told the Jedi. If anyone in the Empire other than Vitiate's puppets knew what was going on, like the dark council or Malgus, don't you think they would have rallied to overthrow him? Marr didn't even know until, like, Rishi or a bit before that Vitiate had plans to destroy the Galaxy.

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Malgus wouldn't be able to kill Vitiate because he has no way to deal with his telepathy. Hmm, forgot about his TP. Dude, that's actually a huuuge wankage material for Vitiate. Never thought of it that way. yes

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
so your argument is SWTOR is dumb, which I can agree with.
Nah, I love SWTOR, even it's story, which is why I keep giving BioWare money. I feel like a major shift in the Force though, such as starting a bunch of major rituals, would be something any competent Sith would investigate, but perhaps that might be giving the characters a little too much faith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.