No "Cho Chang" in HP3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
No love interest for Harry in the next movie. What do you think?

hayden's minx
Is that true. There were auditions for her character, maybe they just didn't find the right one. I though she was already written into the script cause if she plays an integeral part in the books the come, then the movie dudes are screwed.

Raz
'Tis true according to CBBC insiders: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv_film/newsid_2932000/2932848.stm

hayden's minx
Oh well she does come into the 4th one and as I remember that is the main one so far anyhoo.

Phoenix
Well, she'd not really THAT essential a character... I'm sure Harry will be able to save us from The Dementors without her!

Phoenix
I looked at that cbbc link - they said no wood! How can there be no wood! He's an established character, and the captain of the team! How will gryffindor play w/out him - and the quidditch matches hav quite a big thang, cos thats where some of the truth comes out abt harry and the dementors (book readers will know what i'm on about!)

hayden's minx
Yeh but in 4, she is in the events to follow thats my point ... anyway...
yeh I knew about wood, but to be honest he ISN'T integeral, and in the books he goes out in a small poof. I think the author forgot about him.

Phoenix
In the books, book 3 is his last year of Hogwarts - he leaves school after that and joins a Quidditch team of the league. Puddletown untited or something? He doesnt go out with a poof!

(That sounds really weird doesnt it - like he's going to the movies woth his boyf!)

Phoenix
Before anyone yells at me, i dont mean poof in a bad way - i hav loadsa gay/les/bi friends, and i love em! Dont yell at me!

Ushgarak
They have to cut SOME things from the books to make them work on screen. I think that is a worthwhile sacrifice for the film.

hayden's minx
I have no problem with Gay people, and I have always secretely suspected that oliver wood was gay, you could tell by the way he and harry looked at each other ... man I have to stop ruining childrens fictional characters. lets get one thing straight though - I am.

Phoenix
I think its a shame that kids books never have gay/les/bi characters - it's like saying that anything except hetero is bad and sordid, not suitable for under 12s

GordonSkywalker
Most intriguing point you make. I do not follow either the book series or the film series so I have little idea of what everyone is talking about. To each his(or her) own though! cool

BOPRecruit 16
i don't think cho is a necessary character to have in the movies. she is just something for the boys/harry to drowl over. ugh. she seems like a tight-*** to me. sorry. stereo-typed thing.

Rin
Excuse me? Stereotype? Please, explain.

True, Cho is a pretty minor character, not likely to have any character development. Especially since Harry would probably keep his distance from her in later books because of the whole Cedric Diggory incident..

But it would be interesting to have her in the movies. It's a multi-cultural do-gooder thing.

Phoenix
Yeh, I agree with you there, but the character is just ANNOYING!

Rin
Annoying? How so? She doesn't DO anything.. She just kind of.. sits there and plays Seeker and rejects Harry for Cedric. That's about it. "Sexual tension" or whatever you want to call it..

Malfoy's chick
To tell you the truth i hope that Cho is not in the movies, i mean, i absolutely hate her, no offence to the ones that like her. HARRY CAN FIND SOMEONE BETTER THEN HER, LIKE HERMIONE

dramaqueen
Man, this whole "no Cho" thing is seriously screwy. Peole buy merchandise (I don't), they pay money to see or buy the movies. They go out to buy the books. They, we, deserve to see Cho. This was supposed to be one of the highlights of the movies and yet, it's not going to happen for a whole other year. These people are scamming millions every year from hard working adults and kids, but they can't deliver ONE measly character, who undeniably everyone is dying to see? Pssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Rin
Not true, according to some of the posts in this thread. Apparently, there are many, many people who dislike Cho Chang and it is very deniable that people are 'dying' to see her. Personally, I don't care. It's just admirable to FINALLY see a character of Asian descent in a movie with majority (note that word: majority. Meaning, not all of them) Caucasian characters.

Phoenix
Well, I guess it can't really be helped - its how JK wrote the book. Its set in england, in an english boarding school, and most characters will be caucasian...

Rin
Ah, yes.. true, true..

trav6612
I think Cho doesn't play that big of a part in this book any ways, except that Harry starts to go through puberty and starts having feelings for her. IF it were HP 4 and they didn't have her, it would be a shame, because she plays an intrical part in the plot. I would like to see her in HP3 because it would help explain HP4, and the way HP feels about her.

hayden's minx
harry is gona end up dating Neville.

Kes
In the books ,and you get the felling in the movie, Hermione and ron are kinda into each other they just to proud to admit it. But, I don't remember if it is HP3 or HP4, i read that ron admits he likes Hermione. stick out tongue

Phoenix
Nah not Neville - Harry and Draco are the best couple!

Rin
I'm gonna say Harry and Ron are the best couple... though Draco and Harry together are certainly.. interesting.

And by interesting, I mean... ADORABLE!! ^___^

BabyT
I don't think that Longbottom and Potter or Weasly and Potter are a good couple...I like Malfoy and Potter big grin

Laura-Felton
i saw a picture of the girl who plays Cho, she's pretty. I forget where I saw it, but I'll post it up when I find it

crazy_c
i dont tink she really needs to be in the third film.

BabyT
me either...

starlitegrl
i agree......she doesn't even SAY anything in the 3rd movie.........but she has to play in the 4th one.

xopenx
the onli reason why i wanna see cho in hp3 is cuzi heard Boa is gonna play her and boa kwon is like one of my favorite singers

BabyT
so she's good?? what kind of music does she sing?

Member.
cho definetly needs to be in the 4th movie.

Rin
BoA Kwon is a Korean singer. Which would explain the reason most Americans wouldn't know her. She sings the equivalent of pop in America. If you can understand that language, she is extremely talented at writing. If not, the music itself is nice to listen to. Just so you know.

Oh, and BoA is not casted as Cho Chang. It's only a rumor. Disappointing, as I consider her very pretty.. She's too old for the part though, she's nearly 24 now, I think. Anyways.. It's confirmed that she will NOT be playing Cho Chang in HP 3 or 4. In fact, Cho Chang isn't even in HP 3. She will be in HP 4, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.