OR Era Hype

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Post the most retarded or unnecessary examples of hype from the OR era, especially TOR.

I'll make a thread for other eras later.

Nephthys
Vitiate eating 8000 Sith.

Also, butthurt alert?

Selenial
Anything with the words "millions" and "Sith" in the same sentence.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vitiate eating 8000 Sith.

Also, butthurt alert?

Nope. I can make one for every era eventually.

Also, why would I be butthurt when I played so much of TOR and all of KotOR/KotOR II? And read all of the OR era.

Nephthys
I dunno, why are you getting mad over it?

I'll add in Tulak Hord accidentally soloing 1000 Jedi because no one looked closely enough at what they were saying.

SunRazer
Not mad, just curious to see other people's thoughts. As I said, I can do it for any other era. Don't worry, PT comes in second for the hype wars.

How about all the "godlike", "more powerful than you can imagine" birthday cards Vitiate got?

Sinious
Originally posted by Nephthys

I'll add in Tulak Hord accidentally soloing 1000 Jedi because no one looked closely enough at what they were saying.

Yeah, that is probably the most ridiculous one.

SunRazer
The KotOR series isn't exempt from this, so I expect to see KotOR II quotes popping up soon.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
How about all the "godlike", "more powerful than you can imagine" birthday cards Vitiate got?

Not really. Those are pretty much justified by his backstory and capabilities. His backstory is the dumb hype, but being called godlike after what he did is just to be expected.

Also this applies to Nihilus as well.

SunRazer
Technically, that's true. I think it's not just about the 8000 Sith Lords, but the fact that they upped it from Karpyshyn's 200 (or a hundred) in the Revan novel. Either the writing synergy was terrible or they wanted to vastly increase the hype. Or both.

Also, Kreia claiming Nihilus could get attracted by a stray thought comes to mind, as does her ancient Sith wank.

The_Tempest
There should be a thread for representatives of both sides of KMC's latest great schism to ***** at each other lol.

Vixas
A few of the statements made to the PC characters of SWTOR to make them feel all "snowflake"-like come to mind..... Although common sense should dictate these are hyperbolic, some choose to take them at face value.

Something about the Wrath II being the next Exar Kun. (While Wrath is undoubtedly good, this is a rather large exaggeration)

Calling Nox the most powerful Sith in generations. (This is such a blanket statement there are likely many, MANY holes in this one. I am sure everyone reading this has at least one exception come to mind)

News-Flash: In-Universe character dialogue does not constitute concrete fact. Unless given by a decently credible in-universe source. (Example: Mace Windu saying Obi-Wan was THE master of Soresu. While I think this is still a tiny bit exaggerated, not by much. Seeing as how skilled Mace is with a lightsaber himself, so he is very credible. ON the other hand Greedo commenting on the uber-awesomness of this Sith Artifact should mean all of a bantha's backside.)

Rant Over: That is all.

The Merchant
Traya saying Nihilus' prime would only make him rival the Ancient Sith. if ancient Sith did have that power then the Great Hyperspace War would have gone much differently.

S_W_LeGenD

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Merchant
Traya saying Nihilus' prime would only make him rival the Ancient Sith. if ancient Sith did have that power then the Great Hyperspace War would have gone much differently.
Perhaps she was hinting about Vitiate? Maybe she had some idea of his exploits?

Revanchiste
There is some hype, it add to the epicness, but in term of force sensitive you have to admit OR era> PT....

Same for KotOR and Kun, and hyperspace war...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.