Wolverine vs healing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
Not really a vs thread so I'll understand if it gets moved.

Wolverine is able to regrow bones as shown in The Wolverine and we've seen him regrow skin and well as muscle in X-3. So would it be safe to argue he can regrow limbs?

Say Silver Samurai cut of his hand instead of just the claws. Or his arm? What's the actual limit to his healing power?

Time-Immemorial
Yes he can regrow anything. Just like deadpool after getting his head cut off got back together.

Placidity
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yes he can regrow anything. Just like deadpool after getting his head cut off got back together.

Deadpool reattaching his own head is not an example of regrowing.

Q:

Can Deadpool regrow his entire body from his head alone? Or vice versa, re-grow his head from a headless body?

Time-Immemorial
Sure it is, its is spinal cored and vertebrae re growing, as well as everything else.

juggerman

It looked as tho Deadpool was trying to reattach his head. Doesn't seem like regrowing a head was an option there but he clearly survived decap and was still able to control his body.

Time-Immemorial
If he can regrow spinal tissue and bone. An arm would've easy am I right?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wolverine could regrow his arm... but the adamantium in that part of his arm wouldn't be able to regrow

juggerman
If he can regrow spinal tissue and bone. An arm would've easy am I right?

But that was Deadpool not Logan.

Time-Immemorial
He got Logan's healing factor.

juggerman
Was that established? Deadpool was created by gene splicing many different mutants together but Logan was never experimented on iirc. The only thing they did to him was the adamantium bonding. They never took his DNA or anything. Deadpool's HF came from a different mutant, probably Creed iirc. Or am I remembering wrong?

Robtard
I'm pretty sure it was Logan's as well. Didn't Stryker comment how Creed's HF wasn't up to the task of surviving the bonding process?

Robtard
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Wolverine could regrow his arm... but the adamantium in that part of his arm wouldn't be able to regrow

He seems to have adamantium beta like in the comics, or something similar, where the adamantium was molecularly changed by Logan's healing factor and it regenerates (in time) as well.

Only way to explain how his skull was completely covered in XI (x-ray scene), when he had holes punched through in Origins. Though this could just be a continuity error.

Wouldn't be surprised if in the last Wolverine flick they're making, Logan's claws still aren't covered and he regains the adamantium through some other means.

juggerman
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm pretty sure it was Logan's as well. Didn't Stryker comment how Creed's HF wasn't up to the task of surviving the bonding process?

Yes but that might have been a lie seeing as how he no longer needed to test the process. Deadpool was the end game. Giving Creed adamantium was kinda pointless

He seems to have adamantium beta like in the comics, or something similar, where the adamantium was molecularly changed by Logan's healing factor and it regenerates (in time) as well.

Only way to explain how his skull was completely covered in XI (x-ray scene), when he had holes punched through in Origins. Though this could just be a continuity error.

Wouldn't be surprised if in the last Wolverine flick they're making, Logan's claws still aren't covered and he regains the adamantium through some other means.

Makes sense since he had metal claws in DoFP too when they were cut off in his solo flick

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by juggerman
Was that established? Deadpool was created by gene splicing many different mutants together but Logan was never experimented on iirc. The only thing they did to him was the adamantium bonding. They never took his DNA or anything. Deadpool's HF came from a different mutant, probably Creed iirc. Or am I remembering wrong?

You are remembering wrong, striker said after the bonding process they had his DNA for the Deadpool project.

KuRuPT Thanosi

He did say that, though we know that not to be true in comics as he had no issue with bonding. Even in the movie, he believed he would do just fine and his HF was up to Logan's. That said, I probably was Logan's they used, but I can't recall the specific scene where it states such

KuRuPT Thanosi

Yeah that's probably a continuity issue there. Seems to be an issue with that series.

I'd like to see that actually, it would be cool to see them explain how he recovered it.

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
Yes but that might have been a lie seeing as how he no longer needed to test the process. Deadpool was the end game. Giving Creed adamantium was kinda pointless

iirc, the reason he wanted to try it on Logan was to see if his HF could survive the process, as a test before he did it to Weapon XI (his ultimate weapon against mutants).

Seems like he would have used Logan's HF in XI, considering the above.

Time-Immemorial
Striker said after the bonding process they had his DNA, so I dont see what is the question here.

juggerman
I didn't remember him saying that but I'll take your word rather than watching the film again

Time-Immemorial
Ayt4nIZCLQ

Min 4:10

KuRuPT Thanosi
Cool video

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
-Ayt4nIZCLQ

Min 4:10

juggerman
Good stuff.

TheVaultDweller
We've seen Logan heal flesh, tissue, muscle etc. We have also seen him regrow his bone claws on multiple occasions. I would say that, based on that, he could probably regrow missing limbs, like a hand for example.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.