Can Jedi block big blaster fire?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
What I mean is, AT-ST Fire, AT-AT Fire, TIE Fighter Fire, Spaceship Fire, etc.

Can Jedi block them?

I found myself pondering this after playing KOTOR for the first time, thinking "Seriously, they could've just blocked the blaster shots with their sabers."

Even though I was really young, and didn't realize there'd be knockback to such defensive maneuvers, I still am curious.

Jmanghan
Accidentally posted this in the wrong sub-forum, can a mod move this please?

Kurk
In the rebels tv series Ezra successfully deflected TIE fighter fire. I'm not sure about tank bolts though; I'd think trying to block one of those would knock the saber out their hands

carthage
Luke has deflected fire from ATT's, Jaina and Zekk have deflected Turbolaser fire with effort in Dark Nest, Saba Sebatyne has deflected autofire from YVH droids, there might be others as well

Fated Xtasy
Obi-Wan blocked fire from a scarab iirc.

Jaden blocked and redirected fire from a ship as well.

and... that's all i can think of at the moment

SunRazer
It's been done repeatedly before. For instance, Luke deflects AT-AT cannon fire on his lightsaber in DE.

StiltmanFTW
Vader deflected a bolt shot from the Rebel tank.

-Pr-
In Jedi Fallen Order you can deflect AT-ST fire.

iirc in both Clone Wars series, you can see Jedi deflecting heavy bolts from tanks and such.

StiltmanFTW
In Jedi Outcast, you could deflect AT-ST lesser attacks... and block the more powerful ones (energy projectile dissipated after connecting with the saber).

With the exception of its rockets stick out tongue Needed Force Push for those...

Total Warrior
Yes. Even though sometimes it's a bit incosistent. For instance I remember a single LR1K cannon shot taking out several Jedi in the Petranaki arena fight.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Can Jedi block them?

I found myself pondering this after playing KOTOR for the first time, thinking "Seriously, they could've just blocked the blaster shots with their sabers."

Even though I was really young, and didn't realize there'd be knockback to such defensive maneuvers, I still am curious.
Consider following example: https://i.imgur.com/PSr42XS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

However, there is a limit to blocking projectiles with a lightsaber.

If you are assuming a large starship, then not practical. Large starships will literally level/ruin entire environments with their firepower; they unleash Turbolaser (and more) of enormous aperture as well as kinetic potency.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Can Jedi block them?

Depends on the Jedi. Jacen can deflect shots from turbolasers, and Starkiller can deflect shots from ion canons, but they're probably the exception rather than the rule.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/rjdh4ty

Say what you want about Disney, their Vader is quite competent.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up thumb up thumb up

carthage
In canon Kanan and Ezra both deflected fire from TIEs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.