Comment what's your religion!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nusa105
Mine is Protestant

what's yours????

walshy
I worship pizza pizza praise be to jebus

riv6672
Asatru, for well over 30 years now. Raised Catholic.

Kharhmah
Originally posted by walshy
I worship pizza pizza praise be to jebus
Surely you mean Cheesus?

Slay
Zoroastrianism.

Star428
Although I haven't been to church in many many years I would say that my personal beliefs are the same or at least closer to Southern Baptists than any other Christian denomination. I know there's at least one difference though between my beliefs and what most Southern Baptists believe: They (or at least most of them I met) believe in Hell being a place of eternal punishment where you burnforever if you're condemned. I don't. I believe that if you're condemned, your punishment is eternal death not eternal suffering. You will burn in fire and experience more pain than you could ever experience in a hundred lifetimes but it will destroy you completely and you'll never have the chance to live again. The bible states your punishment will be "everlasting punishment (death) not "everlasting suffering".

Nuke Nixon
Jediism

Jmanghan
Dunno if there's a name for it.

I believe there is a god for every planet but the main God, called God himself, rules over them.

Star428
Originally posted by Star428
Although I haven't been to church in many many years I would say that my personal beliefs are the same or at least closer to Southern Baptists than any other Christian denomination. I know there's at least one difference though between my beliefs and what most Southern Baptists believe: They (or at least most of them I met) believe in Hell being a place of eternal punishment where you burn forever if you're condemned. I don't. I believe that if you're condemned, your punishment is eternal death not eternal suffering. You will burn in fire and experience more pain than you could ever experience in a hundred lifetimes but it will destroy you completely and you'll never have the chance to live again. The bible states your punishment will be "everlasting punishment (death) not "everlasting suffering".

Another major difference is that I believe (like the 7th day Adventists) that Saturday (seventh day) is the Sabbath day not Sunday like a lot of baptists and others believe. But I still have respect for Sunday since it's the day believed that Christ rose from the dead.

Most of what I believe though is aligned more with Southern Baptists' beliefs than any other denominations' though.

Nuke Nixon
Organized Religion is the best way to create Atheist/Agnostics.

Dave_97
Coffee

Flyattractor
How has this not been moved to the religious forum?

THE BOARD COULD GET SUED FOR THIS!

AsbestosFlaygon
I believe that there was/were a God(s) that created matter and life. But I don't know how he/she/it/they look like, or if he/she/it/they still exist and control our lives and everything in this universe.

riv6672
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Organized Religion is the best way to create Atheist/Agnostics.
Religion's not bad, its some of the folks drawn to it...wink

Nuke Nixon
Maybe, but when you get a bunch of like minded people put together they get this Hive mind that twists and turns and then you got something you really had no intention of making. Happens.

riv6672
It does.
Your theory is how i explain major league baseball...confused

Genesis-Soldier
I am a Roman Catholic as I do believe in god
I am also I neo Platonist

Nuke Nixon
Had to look that up, yeah I'm not enlightened enough to understand Neoplatonism.

riv6672
^^^Same. Its a broad line of thinking that allows for many types of beliefs all under the same umbrella.
To go with the sports analogy again, its like saying you're a sports fan. That may mean just one, or many, but not the same ones as the next guy.

Stringer
Agnostic so fu

Flyattractor
The Ignore Function is my New Religion!

Star428
LOL. As much as I use that it could be considered my secondary religion. I'll bet I'm the only one on this forum to find out (the hard way) the maximum number of people u can have on ignore.

walshy
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. As much as I use that it could be considered my secondary religion. I'll bet I'm the only one on this forum to find out (the hard way) the maximum number of people u can have on ignore. what is the max?

Star428
Originally posted by walshy
what is the max?

I"m kinda embarrassed to say. Let's just say it's more than 20 but less than 40. embarrasment

Stringer
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Ignore Function is my New Religion!

Thank god cause you're a ****

riv6672
Ha, thats a LOT, Star!
I just went and checked, i'm under 20. It gets the job done. stick out tongue

Star428
Originally posted by riv6672
Ha, thats a LOT, Star!
I just went and checked, i'm under 20. It gets the job done. stick out tongue

Unfortunately, I've had to remove some people to make room for others that deserve to be on it more.

rudester
Catholic and Christian but I'm more of a Buddhist now

Slay
Originally posted by rudester
Catholic and Christian but I'm more of a Buddhist now
You do realise Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, yeah?

Flyattractor
I've only got 1 person on Ignore, but it feels oh so sweet.

rudester
Originally posted by Slay
You do realise Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, yeah? No shit!

Slay
Originally posted by rudester
No shit!
Then why say ""catholic and Christian?" Kind of redundant, innit?

Nuke Nixon
Let's list some famous people who used to be Catholics.

George Carlin

riv6672
Tom Cruise.

Nuke Nixon
Billy Connolly

Flyattractor
The Pope

riv6672
^^^What the what? laughing out loud

Ghoulio
Southern Baptist ever since I got saved at age 12.

Star428
Congratulations on your baptism at a young age. I still haven't had that done. I just don't think I'm ready for it yet.

Slay
Let's list some famous people who used to be Catholics.

George Carlin
I used to be a Catholic before I accepted Ahura Mazda's sweet embrace.

Nuke Nixon
The Pope

^^^What the what? laughing out loud

I think he's trying to say (in some kind of Fly-speak) that the current Pope is very un-Catholic in his policies and philosophies.

Flyattractor
The Pope is a blonde so yes. That would be it.

riv6672
I'm so confused!

Nuke Nixon
Insert face palm gif here.

Fly... you... screw it I got nothing.

Flyattractor
The Smoke in the Chimney is lavender with a hint of vamoose.

riv6672
Vamoose. laughing

I just laughed my ass off. I'm standing now!!!!

Nuke Nixon
Think Fly got into the Communion wine.

Flyattractor
I really go for the wafers.

Nuke Nixon
They should use these kinds of wafers......

https://static.dyp.im/K6sUcrbEnX/large/1bdefab26ff73de2e14cb8ca6d64ece6.jpg

Flyattractor
The Pink ones are the best.

riv6672
I like the 'nilla ones best.

Fated Xtasy

thumb up

I like the 'nilla ones best.

thumb down

Also. I don't have a religion.

Nuke Nixon

https://media1.giphy.com/media/AB29dGYfE9xO8/200.gif

Flyattractor
https://media1.giphy.com/media/AB29dGYfE9xO8/200.gif

https://media1.giphy.com/media/PBU6526PIPvlC/200_s.gif

clubcrawllasveg
Catholic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.