Gray & Juvia vs Gajeel & Pantherlily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Henry_Pym
Which team is tougher?

Sacred Fire
Gruvia, YAAAAYY! big grin

Anyways, I keep hearing that Gray got a heavy-ass upgrade as of Tartaros, but I'm not caught up on the manga to comment. (No spoilers, please. I'm waiting until after anime coverage to pick that up.) Either way, would either of them even be able to affect Juvia?

Henry_Pym
She can apparently die from being splattered...

KingD19
Gray did get a beastly boost. I'd say it makes him able to fight with Dragon Slayers on a roughly even basis, with him having some advantages due to his ice make, just like they have advantages from being dragon slayers like freakish strength and a near inability to be put down.

Pantherlily is a huge weak link though. He's one of the members that's a team wrecker, but only against fodder. And he'll give lower level, but still important bad guys a fight. Beyond that though and he's basically a distraction.

Gray and Juvia both would take him down pretty quickly. Especially if they started doing combos.

Henry_Pym
I almost gave Gajeel, Jet. Wasn't sure how HAXXy people would view him.

KingD19
Hmmmm. Jet's haxx isn't actually too haxxy. He's fast as balls, but his power isn't up to par. So he hits hard, and he hits fast. But not as hard as people the H20 couple has fought, or as fast as some of the people they've fought. Racer after he joined Crime Sorceire would be more unfair since he actually slows down time.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
She can apparently die from being splattered...

mmm

I don't know if the 'Phoenix Priestess' feature is canon or not, but she had her entire lower half blown off, and it didn't even seem to phase her.

Again, there could be a detail or two I have yet to be made aware of.

Henry_Pym
She seemed to think she would die if she fell off the Jupiter cannon mech thing.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
She seemed to think she would die if she fell off the Jupiter cannon mech thing.

Yeah... that doesn't make sense to me either. Though, we would have probably just hit the water anyways. shrug

Q99
She was fairly magic exhausted at the time though, wasn't she? It may be the weaker she is, the less she can reform.

Originally posted by KingD19

Pantherlily is a huge weak link though. He's one of the members that's a team wrecker, but only against fodder. And he'll give lower level, but still important bad guys a fight. Beyond that though and he's basically a distraction.

Pantherlily's better than fodder killer- he can give Gajeel a good fight if he has a sword.

Ill-suited against Juvia, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.