The Incredible Hulk Vs DCnu Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpswkkoya0b.jpg

Classic "Hulk Smash" version. DCnu version, no amps.
No prep no BFR.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpssrecn6wo.jpg

carver9
This is why I give Hulk the majority against most if not all Heralds. He is literally the most aggressive brick in comics. Unrelenting and all over you as soon as the bell ring. Not only that but he is becoming more powerful within seconds of the fight. He has the durability to withstand high level attacks, start off strength to match his opponent and aggressiveness to overwhelm whoever he is combating. It's almost impossible to beat someone that you are powering up via attacks. The best way to take him out is bfring...outside of this, whoever he is fighting eventually gets overwhelmed.

DarkSaint85
Has Hulk never lost a brawl?

ShadowFyre
Im pretty sure he has, at least if you include his few vague losses to Thor ( which I never really count for him or vice versa as theyre not good indicators of a real fight between the two)umm Sungod and a few others. But definitely very few. Carver makes a good point on aggressiveness. Which is why a 60 lb Pitbull can make a 200 lb man run for his life even when he could actually beat it. Or honeybadgers and wolverines treeing 600-half ton bears.

Khazra Reborn
Lets not get stupid here, Hulk has lost plenty of fights, some to heralds, others well below that.

celeyhyga17
Prolly Hulk.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Lets not get stupid here, Hulk has lost plenty of fights, some to heralds, others well below that.
Not in the last decade.

Arguably all of his losses were against trans level+ opponents in this period.

Sun God, Loebforce Rulk, alternate Green Hulk, Zeus etc.

Lost to Proxima Midnight aswell but she defeated him via some unknown method.

Prof. T.C McAbe
A Bull fighting a Mathador will most likely lose. Diana is so far above Hulk in h2h and much much faster. The strength gap isn't very big. She takes it about 7-8/10 with her gear (her standard equipment) and about 5-6/10 without.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
A Bull fighting a Mathador will most likely lose. Diana is so far above Hulk in h2h and much much faster. The strength gap isn't very big. She takes it about 7-8/10 with her gear (her standard equipment) and about 5-6/10 without.
How is she knocking him out when Thor never could? Even while out for the kill.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Not in the last decade.

Agreed on LF Rulk and Zeus, but alt Hulk? Sun God?

Prof. T.C McAbe
How is she knocking him out when Thor never could? Even while out for the kill.

He was already knocked out. So enough speed and enough strikes with her strength should do the trick. With gear she can behead him. Without she can also chocke him out. He is not imprevious to physical trauma.

DarkSaint85
He was already knocked out. So enough speed and enough strikes with her strength should do the trick. With gear she can behead him. Without she can also chocke him out. He is not imprevious to physical trauma.

Hulk can regrow his head.

carver9

15 plus yr time period...no. Hulk has loses within this time but majority if it involves context.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hulk can regrow his head.

Show me current, incredible Hulk regrowing his head pls.

Even if you take an older version of Hulk who might have had this ability, still it takes surely time, which would be an autoloss.

The Sorrow
Agreed on LF Rulk and Zeus, but alt Hulk? Sun God?
You see another herald comfortably stopping Hulks punches mid ground and pound? Wiping out the Mapmakers? Needing an amped up Strange to stop?

Hulk laughed off Captain Marvels amped punches, and their fight was rocking the planet I think an arguement can be made there. Plus its the Hulk, his power grows and can reach the trans tier.

DarkSaint85

Even if you take an older version of Hulk who might have had this ability, still it takes surely time, which would be an autoloss.

It was an older Hulk who was plucked from ages ago - he was decapitated by Cap's shield, then regrew in in the next issue. Am sure some Gamma prophets have the scans handy.

DarkSaint85
You see another herald comfortably stopping Hulks punches mid ground and pound? Wiping out the Mapmakers? Needing an amped up Strange to stop?

Hulk laughed off Captain Marvels amped punches, and their fight was rocking the planet I think an arguement can be made there. Plus its the Hulk, his power grows and can reach the trans tier.

This may sound biased, but I CAN see Superman doing so. And I am not one of those 'Superman is trans' peeps.

The problem with that argument is, alt Hulk is trans because Hulk can become trans, and therefore alt Hulk is trans ...a bit circular!

carver9
This may sound biased, but I CAN see Superman doing so. And I am not one of those 'Superman is trans' peeps.

The problem with that argument is, alt Hulk is trans because Hulk can become trans, and therefore alt Hulk is trans ...a bit circular!

Then your wrong.

Don't know why alt Hulk isn't trans tier when Doc Green was/is operating at those level.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Then your wrong.

Don't know why alt Hulk isn't trans tier when Doc Green was/is operating at those level.

OK.

So Doc was trans, but he lost to alt Hulk. So alt Hulk must have been >trans. So...skyfather alt Hulk? Abstract?

StiltmanFTW

Hulk did rip a part of his head off and was still conscious, lol. Modern savage version. Well, relatively modern; from nineties judging from the art.

Psycho Gundam had the scans.

Insane Titan
With her she has a chance of pulling a split, otherwise she's toast.

riv6672
I forgot i started this thread this morning.
Great feedback.

carver9
OK.

So Doc was trans, but he lost to alt Hulk. So alt Hulk must have been >trans. So...skyfather alt Hulk? Abstract?

LOL...trans tiers can lose to other trans. I'm not saying my opinion is concrete but I can't see a herald defeating Doc Green and Ironman along with others can't see it since he had to get a high Herald plus others to face Doc.

celeyhyga17
Not in the last decade.

Lol...
Last decade? Are you serious?

Sun God trans?
Loeb Force Rulk is still not trans. High showings under Loeb, but not trans.
Proxima Midnight was a valid loss. Not her fault that he doesn't have the means to defend her attack.

Stoic
I believe that if we placed Wonder Woman in the Hulk's pants when he fought Gamma Annihilus, that she would be defeated as quickly as Gladiator was. Perhaps even faster. Lest we forget the punch that broke both of her forearms.

Khazra Reborn
Y'all are out of your phucking minds if you actually think Doc Green is above HH. That's just about the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Y'all are out of your phucking minds if you actually think Doc Green is above HH. That's just about the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

thumb up

So much truth in one sentence.

riv6672
Which one?

Star428

Strength gap isn't very big? Unless DCnU Diana (whom I know nothing about) is MUCH stronger and than pre-boot version I know you've either gotta be joking or just trying to upset Carver. Hulk is at least a tier above her in strength and durability/toughness. THough I agree that she's much faster and much more skilled plus she has the lasso.

riv6672
Missed that post by the Prof. Belated haha at the strength comment.
She IS much stronger than her pre boot self. She IS still well below the Hulk.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Star428
Strength gap isn't very big? Unless DCnU Diana (whom I know nothing about) is MUCH stronger and than pre-boot version I know you've either gotta be joking or just trying to upset Carver. Hulk is at least a tier above her in strength and durability/toughness. THough I agree that she's much faster and much more skilled plus she has the lasso.

Depends on. If cuffed you might be right, she is below him, but this is about her normal powerlevel, not dampened. The uncuffed WW is not an amp but an her normal level. Uncuffed she should be above Hulk.

riv6672
No.

carver9

He is.

Prof. T.C McAbe
He is.

No.

ShadowFyre
Savage Hulk just regrew his head a few months ago. Just a sec ill look uo issue.

celeyhyga17
He is.
That's about as dumb as OWAW Superman beating RKT.

h1a8
How is she knocking him out when Thor never could? Even while out for the kill. Thor couldn't knock him out because Thor was taking a beating. Diana is so much faster and skilled that she can literally hit him thousands of times before Hulk lands a single blow.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor couldn't knock him out because Thor was taking a beating. Diana is so much faster and skilled that she can literally hit him thousands of times before Hulk lands a single blow.

Is there one scan to show Diana hitting anyone thousands of times before they react? Is this what happened when she faced Mongul, or Konvikt or any number of other characters?

Board Walker
Originally posted by Stoic
Is there one scan to show Diana hitting anyone thousands of times before they react? Is this what happened when she faced Mongul, or Konvikt or any number of other characters?

Yes there is a scan to show this

riv6672
Lot of bold claims, but, really, who wins the fight?

The Sorrow
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Lol...

Sun God trans?
Proxima Midnight was a valid loss. Not her fault that he doesn't have the means to defend her attack.
Loebforce Rulk was absolutely trans and ran a train on the entire Marvel Universe bar Galactus with ease. Sun God was also uber and was trans imo based on feats certainly on the Marvel side for reasons already stated.

Agreed but how did Proxima win? That is the point.

To clarify, of all the loses I named of Hulks in the last decade, none of them are to low powered foes, and all those mentioned (yes even Proxima at her best) are powerful enough to defeat ANY herald. Diana isn't as strong as any of the beings Hulk lost to and neither can she pin Hulk under stellar mass. Faster in hand speed and more skilled sure, but that isn't going to be enough to stop Hulk breaking her in half. She just doesn't pack enough of a punch without amps.

Insane Titan
Lmfao at them been trans lvl at all

relentless1
Wonder Woman would win this, she's a much better fighter than Hulk and she could probably stab him with her sword or failing that tie him up with her unbreakable lasso to immobilize him, plus she's much faster than him as well.

riv6672
Of your two theories, the lasso has the better chance. Hulk's been stabbed before.

celeyhyga17
Loebforce Rulk was absolutely trans and ran a train on the entire Marvel Universe bar Galactus with ease. Sun God was also uber and was trans imo based on feats certainly on the Marvel side for reasons already stated.

Agreed but how did Proxima win? That is the point.

To clarify, of all the loses I named of Hulks in the last decade, none of them are to low powered foes, and all those mentioned (yes even Proxima at her best) are powerful enough to defeat ANY herald. Diana isn't as strong as any of the beings Hulk lost to and neither can she pin Hulk under stellar mass. Faster in hand speed and more skilled sure, but that isn't going to be enough to stop Hulk breaking her in half. She just doesn't pack enough of a punch without amps.
Rulk had a string of really good to high showings. He's still no trans.
Sun God doesn't have enough showings to gain that label.

Prox won using her powerset.

You said he lost to no one below trans in the last decade which is a false claim. That's blind wankery my friend.

JayDaDon
If you want to call Doc Doom trans thats fine with me lol he beat hulk too not that long ago

DarkSaint85
There was also that anger leeching guy. Who actually stopped Banner from Hulking out for an issue or so.

Plus, that sea monster.

Oh and Thor with residual energies was able to KO him as well.

Prof. T.C McAbe
There was also that anger leeching guy. Who actually stopped Banner from Hulking out for an issue or so.

Plus, that sea monster.

Oh and Thor with residual energies was able to KO him as well.

Everything named here is PIS of the highest order, Hulk is High Trans or low Skyfather, he can't be koed by anything less.

carver9
Originally posted by JayDaDon
If you want to call Doc Doom trans thats fine with me lol he beat hulk too not that long ago

A Hulk that got his head sliced opened minutes before and got a piece of his brain removed.

carver9

You said he lost to no one below trans in the last decade which is a false claim. That's blind wankery my friend.

laughing out loud ...Rulk was operating at some insane levels during those times.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud ...Rulk was operating at some insane levels during those times.
High showings. Still not trans. It would be idiotic to label him so.

abhilegend
Hulk wins a slight majority. Diana makes a fight out of it but her durability is still iffy.

riv6672
^^^thats how it should realistically play out.

carver9
High showings. Still not trans. It would be idiotic to label him so.

High showings with NO low showings. Extremely high end showings. He was operating at those levels. Let's not deny this.

celeyhyga17
High showings with NO low showings. Extremely high end showings. He was operating at those levels. Let's not deny this.
Lol...
What am I denying?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hulk wins a slight majority. Diana makes a fight out of it but her durability is still iffy.

Agreed

JayDaDon
A Hulk that got his head sliced opened minutes before and got a piece of his brain removed.

Didnt that happen after doom ko'd him? Do you have the scans?

riv6672
Lol...
What am I denying?
So he WAS operating at those levels. But, how close to (or far from if you prefer) Trans was he, in YO?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by riv6672
So he WAS operating at those levels. But, how close to (or far from if you prefer) Trans was he, in YO?
He had high showings under Loeb. He's not trans. Not really hard to understand.

Sin I AM
If this is a fight vs classic hulk why is everyone pulling current feate out their ass

carver9
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Didnt that happen after doom ko'd him? Do you have the scans?

I have the scans but it isnt needed. Remember, Hulk reason for approaching Doom was to get Banner back. Banner was removed during the surgery process Doom did.

carver9

ALL of his showings were high. His average was high end. There's no reason Celey should be classifying this dude under trans. No reason at all.

riv6672
Still curious, though, as to how he sees it.

The Sorrow

I said it's ARGUABLE, and bar Proxima (who defeated him with an attack unique to herself) I could make a case for all of those I named but whatever, it's not important to the thread so agree to disagree. They were all high powered foes (at worst HH) and all stronger/tougher than Diana which was the point.

carver9
Sun God fight had context. Proxima fight had context. Zeus fight had context. Rulk was an energy absorber but that is his ability so that's a legit loss against a trans tier character.

riv6672
I'm gonna go with

Being the least used, but most ignored, sentence on a message board.

stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Sin I AM
If this is a fight vs classic hulk why is everyone pulling current feate out their ass

celeyhyga17
Wrong.

Hulk had been living for weeks probably more going by narration without the Banner part. No shame in getting beat by Doom.

ALL of his showings were high. His average was high end. There's no reason Celey should be classifying this dude under trans. No reason at all.
All of his showings under Loeb are not high.

I said it's ARGUABLE, and bar Proxima (who defeated him with an attack unique to herself) I could make a case for all of those I named but whatever, it's not important to the thread so agree to disagree. They were all high powered foes (at worst HH) and all stronger/tougher than Diana which was the point.
Doom at worst is high herald? Red Hulk was punked by Red Ghost, was reeling against She-Hulk, and knocked out by Betty w/sais is trans?

Sun God fight had context. Proxima fight had context. Zeus fight had context. Rulk was an energy absorber but that is his ability so that's a legit loss against a trans tier character.
All fights have context. You're making a case for Rulk beating him, but throw Proxima beating him out the window even though she beat him using her powerset?
sad

The Sorrow
Doom at worst is high herald? Red Hulk was punked by Red Ghost, was reeling against She-Hulk, and knocked out by Betty w/sais is trans?
sad
It wasn't the real Doom and the Doombot didnt defeat him it knocked him on his ass. Later on Hulk solo'd an army of them plus an army of hulked out creatures while being attacked by a psychic.

Red Ghost phased through Rulks body and crushed his heart iirc. Hardly a low showing, and She-Hulk never did anything. He also wasn't absorbing on those occasions, he was when he beat Savage Hulk.

riv6672

quote: (post)

Welcome to the internet!

Blue Area Vet
Lol...

Sun God trans?

The Sungod fight doesn't count as Hulk was gimped. We've all been over this, I thought.

riv6672
Gimped how?

carver9
Wrong.

Hulk had been living for weeks probably more going by narration without the Banner part. No shame in getting beat by Doom.

All of his showings under Loeb are not high.

All fights have context. You're making a case for Rulk beating him, but throw Proxima beating him out the window even though she beat him using her powerset?
sad

thumb up
You're right about that...it was weeks. Doesn't change the fact that he wasn't at his Prime.

Rulk stopped using his absorption power during most of Loeb penning.

Doom blasted him in the back and flew off while Hulk eyes were still opened. I took it as him thinking. After this, I agree with Sorrow, Hulk soloed an army of the same Doombots and made Doom himself flee.

I didn't make a case for Red Hulk, I said that loss was legit just like Proxima. It took plot to beat Hulk during those circumstances though.

riv6672
Ah. Got it.

One Big Mob
Doom blasted him in the back and flew off while Hulk eyes were still opened. I took it as him thinking. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

That's too much. I need to take a short break, like 15 minutes.

carver9
The truth.

Prof. T.C McAbe
crylaugh

Carver is the best. I nominate him for the Poster of the Year and the Poster of the Millennium.

celeyhyga17
It wasn't the real Doom and the Doombot didnt defeat him it knocked him on his ass. Later on Hulk solo'd an army of them plus an army of hulked out creatures while being attacked by a psychic.

Red Ghost phased through Rulks body and crushed his heart iirc. Hardly a low showing, and She-Hulk never did anything. He also wasn't absorbing on those occasions, he was when he beat Savage Hulk.
I may have missed something, but where does it say that was not Doom? The fact Hulk was laid out like he was you better hope that was Doom and not a Doombot. That would be worse for him.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/34rve5t.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/121so7b.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2ihmkd2.jpg

http://oi58.tinypic.com/28rob2s.jpg

Aare you talking about Banner with weapons shooting Doombots down?

Correct. I brought up the RG thing because he's not that powerful and nowhere new a herald.
Let's just say She-Hulk made her presence felt.

riv6672
That was a cool Doom fight!!!

One Big Mob
You can see how deep in thought Hulk is there.

riv6672
Its what he does.

The Sorrow
I may have missed something, but where does it say that was not Doom? The fact Hulk was laid out like he was you better hope that was Doom and not a Doombot. That would be worse for him.
http://oi62.tinypic.com/34rve5t.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/121so7b.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2ihmkd2.jpg

Aare you talking about Banner with weapons shooting Doombots down?

Correct. I brought up the RG thing because he's not that powerful and nowhere new a herald.
Let's just say She-Hulk made her presence felt.
Incredible Hulk #14. Real Dr Doom was off-world with the Fantastic Four.

It was a verbal ownage, yes he knocked Hulk down but you can see Hulk still looking at him. Banner did use weapons at various points but Hulk also destroyed several Doom bots at once.

RG with his powers could bypass Rulks durability and thus doesn't really apply here. Killing cosmic beings with ease, no selling Thor and Savage Hulk, killing Surfer and Namor in one attack etc are not herald level feats. His average level was uber. Even the She-Hulk showing you mentioned was a ruse on his part.

celeyhyga17
Incredible Hulk #14. Real Dr Doom was off-world with the Fantastic Four.

It was a verbal ownage, yes he knocked Hulk down but you can see Hulk still looking at him. Banner did use weapons at various points but Hulk also destroyed several Doom bots at once.

RG with his powers could bypass Rulks durability and thus doesn't really apply here. Killing cosmic beings with ease, no selling Thor and Savage Hulk, killing Surfer and Namor in one attack etc are not herald level feats. His average level was uber. Even the She-Hulk showing you mentioned was a ruse on his part.
That fight was in issue #7. Claiming that fight was with a Doombot just because seven whole issues later a Doombot states that Doom is off-world does not cut it. You know what happened in those 7 issues? Hulk travelled all around the world including deep underwater in old Atlantis. He also spent time in space.

He may have been trying to look up, but last panel speaks volumes. Looks to me he passed out anyway.

The She-Hulk showing was valid. The ruse was him staying knocked out for so long. Remember as Shulkie had him reeling, Susan cut off his air supply while Storm fried his head.

carver9
Lol...he wasn't koed in those scans against Doom.

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

That's too much. I need to take a short break, like 15 minutes.
thumb up

Its "Hulk was grey" all over again.

riv6672
This, i have to agree with. Trying to match up timelines between books when even the Company cant do it half the time.. no

The Sorrow
That fight was in issue #7. Claiming that fight was with a Doombot just because seven whole issues later a Doombot states that Doom is off-world does not cut it. You know what happened in those 7 issues? Hulk travelled all around the world including deep underwater in old Atlantis. He also spent time in space.

He may have been trying to look up, but last panel speaks volumes. Looks to me he passed out anyway.

The She-Hulk showing was valid. The ruse was him staying knocked out for so long. Remember as Shulkie had him reeling, Susan cut off his air supply while Storm fried his head.
And? We were never told it was the real Doom in the first place it doesnt really matter how long apart the issues were, Hulk may have been travelling the world, Doom was travelling DIMENSIONS at the time of this run. Hulk goes to Latveria several times during this series and each time we apparenly see the same "Doom".

Well his eyes were clearly open so he was conscious, you can't see any detail in the last panel to state he passed out. In the issue previous, Hulk walks into Castle Doom and swats the Doom inside away like he isn't a threat.

I think you need to refresh your memory with that scene, he intentionally allowed them to believe they ko'd him so he could speak to Thundra and recruit her. He even tells her he was awake the whole time.

DarkSaint85
Wait, so a DoomBOT put him on his ass?

Yeah, he was lucky Doom wasn't there..

The Sorrow
Wait, so a DoomBOT put him on his ass?

Yeah, he was lucky Doom wasn't there..
Banner has a record against the real Doom wink

StiltmanFTW
Wouldn't be the first time when Marvel had one of their characters being in 2 places at once.

Like Wolverine meeting Skaar for the first time TWICE in the same comic release day.

DarkSaint85
Banner has a record against the real Doom wink

Lol, true.

So, we can safely ignore most of the recent showings, as OP wants classic 'Hulk smash' Hulk, not Doc Green or whatever.

WW can well win this.

carver9
Is this Classic SAVAGE Hulk?

Blue Area Vet
Lol, true.

So, we can safely ignore most of the recent showings, as OP wants classic 'Hulk smash' Hulk, not Doc Green or whatever.

WW can well win this.

She really can't.

StiltmanFTW

No, it's Super Senior Hulk.

DarkSaint85

Classic "Hulk Smash" version. DCnu version, no amps.
No prep no BFR.

Welcome to the internet!

Has no one ever touched Hulk before?

StiltmanFTW
Riv may be getting all those "poster of the month", "poster of the year" rewards, but he'll never be a Super Senior like carver.

carver9
Has no one ever touched Hulk before?

Professor Hulk is a Classic version of the Hulk.
Mindless Hulk is a Classic version of the Hulk.
Merged Hulk.
Grey Hulk.

SMH.

carver9
Riv may be getting all those "poster of the month", "poster of the year" rewards, but he'll never be a Super Senior like carver.

sad

StiltmanFTW
sad

It's late September, 2015.

Are you a Super Senior God Super Senior now? SSGSS??

DarkSaint85
Professor Hulk is a Classic version of the Hulk.
Mindless Hulk is a Classic version of the Hulk.
Merged Hulk.
Grey Hulk.

SMH.

So Prof didn;t really go around saying 'Hulk Smash'.

Nor did Grey.

Mindless Hulk - did he speak much?

Merged Hulk? As in, the intelligence of Banner? So, no real 'Hulk, Smash!'?

SMH indeed.

The Sorrow
Wouldn't be the first time when Marvel had one of their characters being in 2 places at once.

Like Wolverine meeting Skaar for the first time TWICE in the same comic release day.
Agreed, especially these days. In this case though his Doombots corroborated it.

celeyhyga17
And? We were never told it was the real Doom in the first place it doesnt really matter how long apart the issues were, Hulk may have been travelling the world, Doom was travelling DIMENSIONS at the time of this run. Hulk goes to Latveria several times during this series and each time we apparenly see the same "Doom".

Well his eyes were clearly open so he was conscious, you can't see any detail in the last panel to state he passed out. In the issue previous, Hulk walks into Castle Doom and swats the Doom inside away like he isn't a threat.

I think you need to refresh your memory with that scene, he intentionally allowed them to believe they ko'd him so he could speak to Thundra and recruit her. He even tells her he was awake the whole time.
Not sure what's hard to understand here. If Doom was shown on panel, you would have to prove that it was not the real one. Unless otherwise stated as was the case in issue #14, that is the only route you can go. With your logic, one can say that about every character.
"Oh that's not Loki. It didn't state it was the real one... Because you know, he uses illusions and he's a shape changer." sad

Eyes were open. Body language says it all. No point in him to lay there like a rag doll for a prolonged period of time. It was very telling.
And he attacked Doom to steal Banner's body away. He immediately flew the coop after his final attack.

You may be right. But my point stays the same. She Hulk had him on the ropes at one point.

riv6672
Even with a character that has a penchant for using dupes, your statement makes sense. Well done.

Stoic
Even with a character that has a penchant for using dupes, your statement makes sense. Well done.

Or, we get used to asking whether or not characters that are well known for these sorts of things are the real deal, or if it's a stand in. Darkseid gets away with it all of the time.

DarkSaint85
Yes but DS actually has that excuse.

Same as with primary adamantium.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
Or, we get used to asking whether or not characters that are well known for these sorts of things are the real deal, or if it's a stand in. Darkseid gets away with it all of the time.
Nah, real deal until proven otherwise. Both as a fan just reading the books, and definitely in a board setting.
There are enough nits picked as it is.

JayDaDon
Which is baffling because it would only look worse for Hulk if it were a Doombot.

riv6672
Until someone goes back and retroactively does it, though, we cant really say it.

The Sorrow
Not sure what's hard to understand here. If Doom was shown on panel, you would have to prove that it was not the real one. Unless otherwise stated as was the case in issue #14, that is the only route you can go. With your logic, one can say that about every character.
"Oh that's not Loki. It didn't state it was the real one... Because you know, he uses illusions and he's a shape changer." sad

Eyes were open. Body language says it all. No point in him to lay there like a rag doll for a prolonged period of time. It was very telling.
And he attacked Doom to steal Banner's body away. He immediately flew the coop after his final attack.

You may be right. But my point stays the same. She Hulk had him on the ropes at one point.
So your response is basically phuck what the comic says, phuck the publication dates it was Doom, well just because. I did give you the proof, it was stated their true master Doom was off-world but you chose to ignore it. If we see what appears to be Loki, but is later revealed to have been a mirage then no it wasn't the real Loki. So if it was the real Doom according to you, when did the Doombot take his place?

Doombot was having a conversation with Hulks unconscious body? Makes sense laughing out loud

Reading the story as a whole and not just out of context scans, it was clearly a verbal ownage. Hulk felt guilty over what happened to Banner and tried to push the blame onto Doom but it backfired and Doom made him realise that it was all his own doing because of separating them in the first place. Last panel of Hulk rammed that point home, Hulk accepting it was his fault.
In issue #6 Hulk swatted him aside like he was nothing, if he could've stopped Hulk he would have. Doom attacked and tried to stop him but was punched out of his own house for his troubles. You really think Vic would just allow Hulk to waltz into his house, strike him a couple of times and steal his possessions (Banner being property of Dooms was the deal Hulk agreed to) without retaliation? You must know nothing of Doom.

If Rulk allowed them to capture him and pretended to be ko'd then it voids everything that happened, he was obviously tricking the women including She-Hulk into thinking they were actually hurting him. His showings in that era were mostly trans.

celeyhyga17
So your response is basically phuck what the comic says, phuck the publication dates it was Doom, well just because. I did give you the proof, it was stated their true master Doom was off-world but you chose to ignore it. If we see what appears to be Loki, but is later revealed to have been a mirage then no it wasn't the real Loki. So if it was the real Doom according to you, when did the Doombot take his place?

Doombot was having a conversation with Hulks unconscious body? Makes sense laughing out loud

Reading the story as a whole and not just out of context scans, it was clearly a verbal ownage. Hulk felt guilty over what happened to Banner and tried to push the blame onto Doom but it backfired and Doom made him realise that it was all his own doing because of separating them in the first place. Last panel of Hulk rammed that point home, Hulk accepting it was his fault.
In issue #6 Hulk swatted him aside like he was nothing, if he could've stopped Hulk he would have. Doom attacked and tried to stop him but was punched out of his own house for his troubles. You really think Vic would just allow Hulk to waltz into his house, strike him a couple of times and steal his possessions (Banner being property of Dooms was the deal Hulk agreed to) without retaliation? You must know nothing of Doom.

If Rulk allowed them to capture him and pretended to be ko'd then it voids everything that happened, he was obviously tricking the women including She-Hulk into thinking they were actually hurting him. His showings in that era were mostly trans.
Wtf are you going on about?
What proof? Your proof is in issue #14 where it specifically stated Doom was off-world. That's seven months worth of real world publication time and probably even longer in story time considering he travelled to so many different locales and accomplished so much. Unless I'm missing something, you would need to provide proof that Doom from issue #7 was a stand in.

Furthermore the way "Doombot" floored Hulk only reinforces the fact that it was the "real Doom". As a Hulk fan, do you want to accept that a Doombot punked the Hulk? I mean I just don't get the logic here.

And that is false btw in regards to them having a conversation when Hulk was put down. Only Doom was pontificating as Hulk seemed to "fade" into la la land. Last time I checked, a conversation is a two way street.

Lol.. Hulk came in attacked Doom twice and the second attack forcing him outside his castle. It was obvious Hulk was looking to get in and out quickly as evidenced by the fact that he quickly fled while taking banner with him. And it was obvious that immediate retaliation from Doom was not imperative.

DarkSaint85
Not that it matters, as OP wants classic Hulk here...just pointing this out.

But if Doombots floor Hulk....

carver9
Wtf are you going on about?
What proof? Your proof is in issue #14 where it specifically stated Doom was off-world. That's seven months worth of real world publication time and probably even longer in story time considering he travelled to so many different locales and accomplished so much. Unless I'm missing something, you would need to provide proof that Doom from issue #7 was a stand in.

Furthermore the way "Doombot" floored Hulk only reinforces the fact that it was the "real Doom". As a Hulk fan, do you want to accept that a Doombot punked the Hulk? I mean I just don't get the logic here.

And that is false btw in regards to them having a conversation when Hulk was put down. Only Doom was pontificating as Hulk seemed to "fade" into la la land. Last time I checked, a conversation is a two way street.

Lol.. Hulk came in attacked Doom twice and the second attack forcing him outside his castle. It was obvious Hulk was looking to get in and out quickly as evidenced by the fact that he quickly fled while taking banner with him. And it was obvious that immediate retaliation from Doom was not imperative.

WTF. At some point people need to realize when they are wrong. Doom was obviously talking to Hulk...even told him that if he came back, things would be much worse. Why would he say all of this to a knocked out body? Stop Celey. Hulk eyes was opened looking right up at Doom and you are going to say he went into LA LA land. WTF. Nothing like that was shown.

carver9

thumb up

riv6672
Not that it matters, as OP wants classic Hulk here...just pointing this out.

But if Doombots floor Hulk....
What Doombot?

celeyhyga17
WTF. At some point people need to realize when they are wrong. Doom was obviously talking to Hulk...even told him that if he came back, things would be much worse. Why would he say all of this to a knocked out body? Stop Celey. Hulk eyes was opened looking right up at Doom and you are going to say he went into LA LA land. WTF. Nothing like that was shown.
Doom was verbally owning him. While he was still conscious.
Not unlike a fighter verbally owning another fighter who has just been rocked and about to enter bedtime.

Now go move to the bottom of the panel where Hulk is laying down like a rag doll. Does that look like the body of someone who was and is able to get up after being put down?

carver9
His body position didn't change during the time Doom verbally owned him until the time we seen him in the last panel. He stayed in the same position the entire time. So if he was koed there, you might as well say he was koed during the verbal ownage as well since his position did not change.

celeyhyga17
His body position didn't change during the time Doom verbally owned him until the time we seen him in the last panel. He stayed in the same position the entire time. So if he was koed there, you might as well say he was koed during the verbal ownage as well since his position did not change.
No.
You can't just enforce your scenario and accept it as absolute with that reasoning. Now if the order of panels were reversed, then maybe it would reinforce your position. What you're doing is completely disavowing that last panel as if it was never there.

The fact of the matter is he was shown laid out, in a rag doll like state, and with a final view that seems to pan out from the setting.

riv6672
Its...comic book art. Maybe the artist just didnt feel like drawing someone moving around. huh

JayDaDon
If he wasn't Ko'd the only other POSSIBLE explanation is that he got too phucked up to move. There's not much difference in my eyes because a 10 count is still an L

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.