The Third Barsen'thor vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Both in peak incarnations. Fight takes place on flat/neutral terrain. Quien gana?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Bump

SunRazer
The Consular's more powerful and masterful in the Force, but not by such a degree that he can dominate Maul, who happens to be his physical and skilful superior. It's a very good fight, but in the end, Maul's resiliency sees him through.

AncientPower
Maul is definitely more skilled but his advantage there can't make up for Barsen'thor's power in the Force. Also his large array of techniques to render said advantage useless in a battle.

SunRazer
Not really. The Consular's TK won't be able to hurt Maul enough to kill him (we've seen some pretty extreme displays of resiliency from Maul in the past). By contrast, a single blow with a lightsaber means Maul will win.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You sure about that? 'Thor has straight up blocked saber attacks before kek

SunRazer
I said if Maul lands a blow. Obviously it won't be easy, but it'll happen eventually thanks to his greater endurance.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Maul's got greater physicals, but I'd argue that 'Thor's sheer power and mastery nets him the win. This dude is powerful enough to defeat an ancient sith lord that was siphoning energies from hundreds of masters, this lord being powerful enough to sicken these masters in the first place, while 'Thor was weakened from repeated shielding technique uses, one time being draining enough to kill its last user. Add in her excellent TK feats while being significantly weakened from the technique, and her victory and TK-slaughtering of the First Son, and tbh that's alot of firepower to deal with, IMO more than Maul can handle.

AncientPower
Agreed, trashing the First Son whilst weakened repeatedly on four continuous occasions is far beyond Maul's ability in my opinion.

SunRazer
Well, it depends on how much you believe the Consular grew in power over time and whether you believe he ever fully recovered from his repeated usage of the Shielding Technique (because that's left ambiguous).

It's just that I don't see a means with which the Barsen'thor can win. His telekinesis can throw Maul around, but it won't inflict fatal injuries and it could well prompt Maul to become enraged.

I have him higher as a duelist than most others do, but he's still not able to outduel Maul for a majority.

Maul probably wins 5-7/10, all hard fights.

SunRazer
Originally posted by AncientPower
Agreed, trashing the First Son whilst weakened repeatedly on four continuous occasions is far beyond Maul's ability in my opinion.

He never trashed the First Son, lol. The Consular had the aid of an ally plus Syo's Healing. I can ignore the ally because I believe that you can finish the game without a companion, and I generally take the best possible (but reasonable) instance of a fight.

However, I believe Syo heals you every time.

AncientPower
You underestimate Barsen'thor's telekinetic prowess tbh, destroying the First Son whilst four chunks of his power was expended is only telling of what prime Barsen'thor III can unleash. That nexus makes a lot of sense tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's just that I don't see a means with which the Barsen'thor can win. His telekinesis can throw Maul around, but it won't inflict fatal injuries and it could well prompt Maul to become enraged.

I have him higher as a duelist than most others do, but he's still not able to outduel Maul for a majority.

Maul probably wins 5-7/10, all hard fights.

throwing Maul around can prompt an opening for fatal injuries. While 'Thor is no Sidious, he's still done the aforementioned things, as well as being powerful enough to leave a nexus of force energy upon death.

I see where you're coming from. I'd imagine 'Thor is reasonably skilled, just evidently not on Maul's level. It's just that his absolutely immense power in the force could provide the necessary openings.

SunRazer
Originally posted by AncientPower
You underestimate Barsen'thor's telekinetic prowess tbh, destroying the First Son whilst four chunks of his power was expended is only telling of what prime Barsen'thor III can unleash. That nexus makes a lot of sense tbh.

What? And also, the First Son was struggling with Syo for mental control of his body during the course of the entire fight.

SunRazer
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
throwing Maul around can prompt an opening for fatal injuries. While 'Thor is no Sidious, he's still done the aforementioned things, as well as being powerful enough to leave a nexus of force energy upon death.

I see where you're coming from. I'd imagine 'Thor is reasonably skilled, just evidently not on Maul's level. It's just that his absolutely immense power in the force could provide the necessary openings.

The Barsen'thor is knocking on Vader's door in terms of sheer telekinetic potency and mastery, but even Vader can't just ragdoll Maul. There's no reason why the Consular would be able to throw Maul around at his leisure. Sure, his telekinetic attacks would disrupt Maul's lightsaber assaults, repulse him a couple of times, or send him flying into a wall. Even then, however, he's not inflicting anything that Maul can't recover from. Maul's withstood worse.

The Consular isn't so much more powerful that he can just Stun Maul or the likes with the Force, which means that apart from the telekinetic disruptions I mentioned earlier, the Barsen'thor will be forced to engage in a duel. And despite his dueling prowess and precognitive abilities, he'll fall to Maul eventually.

Of course, the scenarios you proposed may exist, but in my opinion, they won't be happening for a majority. That's not to say the Consular can't win some rounds, though.

AncientPower
Your own respect thread displays this immense feat Nova, one Maul could never replicate.

SunRazer
Well, that depends. Perhaps Vivicar was just not particularly adept at lightsaber combat. It's more of just the Consular's specific skill set which allowed him to defeat Vivicar, but that same skill set may be less effective against Maul.

I am considering whether or not the Barsen'thor's immense Force reserves would allow his endurance to rival Maul's, though. In that case, it's probably an even split.

AncientPower
This is all based on the idea that Barsen'thor is only going to use TK here, which he won't. Add on Barsen'thor's immense healing feats and how Barsen'thor could effect Maul's nightsister magic based strength. I think Maul is in quite the predicament here.

SunRazer
Healing is good but something I seem to have neglected until now is that the weaker/more injured you are, the less powerful your Healing becomes (unless you draw off pain like the Sith). Eventually, his Healing will be not be sufficient.

How would the Consular affect Maul's "Nightsister-based strength"? He's not using the Shielding Technique mid-duel.

AncientPower
He can with Maul battered by TK enough, Barsen'thor's Force Quake would do the trick.

FreshestSlice
Maul's just going to stand there and let himself get TK'd then?

Nephthys
This thread pleases me. I agree with what AP's said, Thor wins the majority.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Barsen'thor is knocking on Vader's door in terms of sheer telekinetic potency and mastery, but even Vader can't just ragdoll Maul. There's no reason why the Consular would be able to throw Maul around at his leisure. Sure, his telekinetic attacks would disrupt Maul's lightsaber assaults, repulse him a couple of times, or send him flying into a wall. Even then, however, he's not inflicting anything that Maul can't recover from. Maul's withstood worse.

The Consular isn't so much more powerful that he can just Stun Maul or the likes with the Force, which means that apart from the telekinetic disruptions I mentioned earlier, the Barsen'thor will be forced to engage in a duel. And despite his dueling prowess and precognitive abilities, he'll fall to Maul eventually.

Of course, the scenarios you proposed may exist, but in my opinion, they won't be happening for a majority. That's not to say the Consular can't win some rounds, though.

'Thor may not be able to outright ragdoll Maul on a whim, but I see no reason why he can't pull something similar to what he did at the end of the fight with the First Son. As AP said, I doubt it will just be TK, either. There's no way 'Thor just threw Terrak into enough walls that he decided to give up. If 'Thor beat him with the saber, she'd have to still be powerful enough to resist his attacks in the first place, or create her own opening with her powers. Given the entirety of the context, (with her being severely weakened and what not,) that strikes me as something above Maul's pay grade in general.

DarthAnt66
The Barsen'thor is knocking on Vader's door in terms of sheer telekinetic potency and mastery.
This statement is so stupid I can't even think of an insult other than posting it again.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This statement is so stupid I can't even think of an insult other than posting it again.
What is wrong with that assertion?

DarthAnt66
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/3914942-7695568615-33344.jpg

FreshestSlice
Claiming anyone short of Nihilus or Caedus is comparable to Vader in TK is pretty dumb, yeah.

Nephthys
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/3914942-7695568615-33344.jpg

This is an inferior feat to what a weakened neophyte Barsen'thor can do, lol.

Sinious
Not even among Vader's best TK feats. erm

FreshestSlice
It's also superior to anything the Barsen'thor has ever done with TK.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No.

Sending First Son packing is a superior feat then that.

S_W_LeGenD
Normal humans are defenseless, my friend. wink

carthage
Obviously Vader is incapable of throwing large pieces of metal and killing vastly inferior force users.

Barsenthor wins

Nephthys
Originally posted by Sinious
Not even among Vader's best TK feats. erm

IKR? Ant's so dumb!

Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Buckling a massive blast door while weakened and inexperienced > tossing 30ish dudes.

Selenial
Neph ignoring the fact it's a barrier feat too mmm

Nephthys
'Thor's barrier can block lightsabers. :I

Selenial
At the same time? kek

FreshestSlice
thumb up

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Nephthys
'Thor's barrier can block lightsabers. :I

So can Vader's left hand.

Emperordmb
Thought it was his right hand

carthage
He uses his right hand to bitchslap Darth Bane

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
At the same time? kek

Well she could push the First Son back with TK while blocking his saber, yes. But a Force Wave and barrier aren't the same thing. He probably just unleashed a wave of force that stopped the bolts. Or did a barrier and then a force wave.

Selenial
Well she could push the First Son back with TK while blocking his saber, yes. But a Force Wave and barrier aren't the same thing. He probably just unleashed a wave of force that stopped the bolts. Or did a barrier and then a force wave.

Actually it best resembles a Maelstrom.

Or are you only happy giving feats based on artistic description when it's a TOR era character like Malgus?

ares834
thumb up

laughing out loud

Nephthys
Actually it best resembles a Maelstrom.

Or are you only happy giving feats based on artistic description when it's a TOR era character like Malgus?

It can't be because there are people standing inside or in what would be the "impenetrable bubble" and Vader can't perform lightning so theres not much storm in that maelstrom.

Uh, I don't "give" Malgus that feat, there's literally a picture with a caption of him doing it. erm

Selenial
It can't be because there are people standing inside or in what would be the "impenetrable bubble" and Vader can't perform lightning so theres not much storm in that maelstrom.

Uh, I don't "give" Malgus that feat, there's literally a picture with a caption of him doing it. erm

No there's not, the bubble even repulsed one of them away. And since Lightning only negatively affected Vader when fired from his hands, and we know he can conjure it, a maelstrom is a possibility.

There's a picture of Vader performing it too wink

Sinious
Selenial, you're knowledgable and cool but sometimes you say really stupid things...

Nephthys
No there's not, the bubble even repulsed one of them away. And since Lightning only negatively affected Vader when fired from his hands, and we know he can conjure it, a maelstrom is a possibility.

There's a picture of Vader performing it too wink

Uh, yes there are. You can clearly see people inside the "barrier", aka the swirly lines of force. There's even bolts impacting behind some. Various quotes state that Vader couldn't summon lightning, that it was impossible for him. So I'm not sure what you're on about. Is there an example of him summoning lightning independently of his body?

Well I was more responding to your bizarrely aggressive tone (I seriously don't understand your problem with me). However there clearly isn't but feel free to claim whatever you want if you're that desperate to.

Selenial
Uh, yes there are. You can clearly see people inside the "barrier", aka the swirly lines of force. There's even bolts impacting behind some. Various quotes state that Vader couldn't summon lightning, that it was impossible for him. So I'm not sure what you're on about. Is there an example of him summoning lightning independently of his body?

Well I was more responding to your bizarrely aggressive tone (I seriously don't understand your problem with me). However there clearly isn't but feel free to claim whatever you want if you're that desperate to.

No, you can't. The closest guy to Vader is being thrown backwards by those lines. And he couldn't summon lightning because it short circuited his suit, not because he literally couldn't summon it.

Selenial
Originally posted by Sinious
Selenial, you're knowledgable and cool but sometimes you say really stupid things...

Kek I don't genuinely believe he's using maelstrom, just that Neph's ****ing bizarre logic that it somehow isn't both a barrier and TK is even more ridiculous than suggesting Maelstrom....

Nephthys
No, you can't. The closest guy to Vader is being thrown backwards by those lines. And he couldn't summon lightning because it short circuited his suit, not because he literally couldn't summon it.

Really, almost as if it's actually a Force Wave and not a barrier? How odd.

Again, is there any examples of Vader creating lightning out of the air? That's a technique only a few can do and as far as I know Vaders not done it.

Sinious
Kek I don't genuinely believe he's using maelstrom, just that Neph's ****ing bizarre logic that it somehow isn't both a barrier and TK is even more ridiculous than suggesting Maelstrom.... Tbh, it could be a force wave. Not that it matters, Vader > Thor in any case.

Nephthys
No-one said Thor was Vaders equal, just that she approaches his level with TK. Which is true.

Sinious
"Approaches his level with TK" should be a fair assertion, yeah.

DarthAnt66
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/23249991.jpg

FreshestSlice
Nah, it's totes Maelstrom look at all that shiny lightning.

lebr

UCanShootMyNova
Thor stomps.

Nephthys
Yep.

Beniboybling
The Barsen'thor is knocking on Vader's door in terms of sheer telekinetic potency and masteryLmfao

Beniboybling
What a tragic relic this thread is.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Lmfao

It's still true though.

Beniboybling
Not remotely. no

Nephthys
Ant needs to make one of his weirdly detailed respect threads that force people to just glaze over instead of trying to read it and accept the character is really stronk, for 'Thor.

But he's too busy failing to care about Caedus.

'Thor does need more respect though. They're strong as **** in TK.

Beniboybling
And make sure to include the feat where he gets Force choked by Soverus yeah.

MythLord
Strong af =/= knocking on Vader's door.

Deronn_solo
Maul, interesting fight though.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by MythLord
Weak ass pussy who gets ragdolled by anyone in the local vicinity =/= knocking on Vader's door. Fixed. smile

Nephthys
Vader got knocked on his ass by Kanan and Ezra, lmao.

Tondemonai
'Thor potentially ragdoll's tbh. Maul could force a win through his superior skill, but that's assuming Maul can close that distance

Beniboybling
Vader got knocked on his ass by Kanan and Ezra, lmao. Eeek, if that's the basis for your counter argument. I'd be worried. sad

Nephthys
If you actually think this is an argument, I'm already worried for you.

Beniboybling
Well it seem pretty standard for you Neph, so I figured?

But yeah Vader squishing the 'Thor isn't really debatable. smile

Nephthys
Well you were wrong, as usual.

In that you couldn't argue it, sure.

Petrus
Maul's skill is unquestionably superior, but 'Thor's Force potency and mastery is also unquestionably superior. I guess it depends on setting, distance, etc.

Beniboybling
Well you were wrong, as usual.

In that you couldn't argue it, sure. I'm glad we had this discussion Neph, it's told me that your only response to Soverus is deflection. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.