America's Will and Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Simple question. Has America's will to use it's power, been broken? Is America afraid to flex? If so, why?

Opinions anyone?

psmith81992
Originally posted by Stoic
Simple question. Has America's will to use it's power, been broken? Is America afraid to flex? If so, why?

Opinions anyone?

I don't understand the question. While I'm a hardcore conservative, this isn't the Cold War anymore. We can't just flex our power anytime we want. That's how we burn bridges, and that's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to call Trump a serious candidate. I think we have two opposite ends of the spectrum in Reagan and Obama, and as much as I loved Reagan, in this day and age I'd like to see someone in the middle of those two.

FinalAnswer
Does America constantly need to be at war with somebody?

Facee
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Does America constantly need to be at war with somebody?

In order to make money yes. erm

Star428

Opinions anyone?

Because that what happens when you have the typical weak democrat in office, that's why. thumb up

...and before some idiot brings up Bush and Iraq and claim it's responsible for all the mess happening in ME today, Bush is hardly representative of some of the best republican presidents (like Reagan, for instance).

Stoic
Originally posted by psmith81992
I don't understand the question. While I'm a hardcore conservative, this isn't the Cold War anymore. We can't just flex our power anytime we want. That's how we burn bridges, and that's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to call Trump a serious candidate. I think we have two opposite ends of the spectrum in Reagan and Obama, and as much as I loved Reagan, in this day and age I'd like to see someone in the middle of those two.

I understand what you mean, and the theme of this thread came from several sources that I was reading before going to bed. Here are a few of the things that I read from different sources. None of which are my words, but portions of topics that I quoted.

Quote taken from the Washington Free Beacon

"A senior Iranian military official, has vowed to set fire to all U.S. interests in the region, and maintains that the Islamic Republic welcomes war with America, according to regional reports, demonstrating that Tehran is still committed to fighting the United States in the wake of a recently inked nuclear accord".

Quote from the Jerusalam post Sept 1st, 2015.

" goal is apparently to convince the young Brotherhood members to join forces. If the bid is successful, Egypt will become a tinderbox whose destructive force will be cataclysmic".

It then goes on to state, that

"Within five years to ten years, Pakistan may have the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world, behind only the U.S. and Russia. According to the report, pakistan is producing nuclear bombs four times faster than India".

"The epicenter of Pakistan's nuclear work is it's Baluchistan province. The Islamic State's popularity is high and growing in the area, as it is throughout much of Pakistan, and as a consequence, the danger that bombs they now build will fall under Baghdadi's control is real and growing". For those unaware of who Baghdadi is, he is the head of ISIS, or the Islamic State.

We really haven't slowed ISIS down at all, in fact, it appears that this nuclear deal has actually sped up the process.

Headlining Germany's Spiegel Online international
"Abandoning Syria: Few otions Left for stopping the War.

http://cdn1.spiegel.de/images/image-896860-breitwandaufmacher-xcgo.jpg

"An exodus of tens of thousands is hemorrhaging out of Syria and into Europe. After four years of civil war horrors, people have given up completely on their country. Is there a shred of hope left for stopping the conflict and rebuilding?".

http://www.spiegel.de/international/

Stoic
I found much of this to be very interesting to say the least, So then I went and briefly read a couple of topics on the Spiegel and discovered that Germany a country that thought they could control a massive immigration begin to show signs that they have in fact lost control. Now many of it's citizens are up in arms, and the face of Neo Nazism has re-arisen. I realize that this is not directly in our backyards in the U.S., but will it affect us in the coming months or years in terms of military deals that are, and have been made?

Bardock42
I found much of this to be very interesting to say the least, So then I went and briefly read a couple of topics on the Spiegel and discovered that Germany a country that thought they could control a massive immigration begin to show signs that they have in fact lost control. Now many of it's citizens are up in arms, and the face of Neo Nazism has re-arisen. I realize that this is not directly in our backyards in the U.S., but will it affect us in the coming months or years in terms of military deals that are, and have been made?

What makes you think Germany has lost control of immigration?

And neo-nazism is a stain in Western countries, and particularly in Germany with our history (although I would say in raw numbers, Germany is much less far right than many other European countries) , however it is not at a level that is worrisome in the manner that you imply.

Stoic
Originally posted by Bardock42
What makes you think Germany has lost control of immigration?

And neo-nazism is a stain in Western countries, and particularly in Germany with our history (although I would say in raw numbers, Germany is much less far right than many other European countries) , however it is not at a level that is worrisome in the manner that you imply.

It really wasn't something that i was implying, but what I read on the
Spiegel Online News paper. Did you follow the link? There are some
interesting topics. I'm also aware of Neo Nazism in the US, however
I must admit that I was unaware of the depths of this movement.
Maybe I'm bugging? I just can't shake the feeling that while North
America strives for peace, other countries are arming themselves
to the teeth. I read that one of Russia's main goals of annexing Crimea
was to begin rebuilding an enormous Navy in the Black Sea. This was
something that I also read about last night. Should America begin to
follow this climate, or should we continue to reduce our military power?
I'm asking these questions, because I have only recently begun to
become interested in the military struggles that this planet faces. I'm
sorry if I appear less intuitive about these subjects than others. Just
want to learn.

Stoic
@B42, this is one of the headings that i was talking about

Neo-Nazi Arsonists: Officials Concerned by Growing Far-Right Networks

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/neo-nazi-asylum-attacks-lead-to-fears-of-racist-networks-a-1050760.html

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Facee
In order to make money yes. erm

Another stupid post from a ignorant liberal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.