Do the right use free speech to promote hate and xenophobia?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Knife

psmith81992
The kind that justify the critique the opponents of pc are as bad and emotional as those screaming about free speech to excuse their insults. What you just did was use extreme leftist ignorance to lump the entire right into one group. Not to mention, the topic title is such an idiotic and loaded question, you've just proved to be the liberal manifestation of TI. Congratulations!

Q99
Originally posted by psmith81992
The kind that justify the critique the opponents of pc are as bad and emotional as those screaming about free speech to excuse their insults. What you just did was use extreme leftist ignorance to lump the entire right into one group. Not to mention, the topic title is such an idiotic and loaded question, you've just proved to be the liberal manifestation of TI. Congratulations!

Nooo, one has to go a lot further to be the liberal manifestation of Time.

Because, well, while not all of the right is doing so, we have right now a fairly large group of people trying to support Kim Davis under the guise of 'free speech'. The thing that Knife is talking about is fairly public and visible. Huckabee does the kind of thing mentioned in the original post, for example.

Knife also only said it was a 'growing trend,' that 'many keyboard warriors,' used, he didn't say it was something all did- that's you exaggerating his position. He also asked for thoughts, and did not state it as an absolute.

Which brings up another topic- the tendency for some people to, when someone notes a problem in an area, to react as if it was an absolute blanket attack, even if the original phrasings don't actually fit that. You're getting on his case for the tone of his argument when he didn't use that tone.

Now, you could have responded by saying that you didn't think it was a big deal, or that there's always some people of any side who engage in that kind of talk, but your response is, ironically, more extreme than Knife's.

psmith81992
To ask if the right exclusively engages in the aforementioned activity IS an ignorant attack. To say those arguing against pc just need an excuse IS an ignorant attack. Add to the fact that knife has notoriously been anti right on this forum without any legitimate argue, and my claim rings true. And finally, because you're left of center, you don't think knife is anything like ti while all he does is spew ignorant liberal rhetoric, making him TI's counterpart. And since I'm right of center, you and I will simply disagree.

I got a laugh about the keyboard warrior part, since "keyboard warriors" don't inherently lean to the left or right.

long pig
**** your feelings, libbo. stick out tongue

Star428
Originally posted by long pig
**** your feelings, libbo. stick out tongue thumb up

Bentley

Flyattractor
**** your feelings, libbo. stick out tongue

rolling on floor laughing

Mindship
"Online consequences are few, however many keyboard warriors who promote ideas based on prejudice seem to use the right of freedom of speech to attack minority groups based on religion, race and gender."

Abuse of rights is what happens when *one's rights* are emphasized without equal emphasis on responsibility, ie, using one's rights responsibly. You don't have one without the other.

Rights w/o responsibility = reckless narcissism.
Responsibility w/o rights = slavery.

long pig
Originally posted by Mindship
"Online consequences are few, however many keyboard warriors who promote ideas based on prejudice seem to use the right of freedom of speech to attack minority groups based on religion, race and gender."

Abuse of rights is what happens when *one's rights* are emphasized without equal emphasis on responsibility, ie, using one's rights responsibly. You don't have one without the other.

Rights w/o responsibility = reckless narcissism.
Responsibility w/o rights = slavery.
Any control on speech is an attempt on control of the mind. That's worse than slavery.
The PC crowd wants to browbeat you into feeling uncomfortable with telling the truth.
Example...

Truth: Bruce Jenner is a man with a serious mental illness who mutilated his body and now looks like a monster.
P.C: Catlyn Jenner is a beautiful woman and an inspiration!

See the difference?

Bardock42
Yeah, asking people to be kinda to each other and to consider the harm that their words do is worse than slavery....

long pig
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, asking people to be kinda to each other and to consider the harm that their words do is worse than slavery....
Kindness is fine, what they want is enabling. Bruce Jenner is a prime example.

And yes, mental control...which is what the pc crowd is after....is worse than slavery.

Bardock42
Kindness is fine, what they want is enabling. Bruce Jenner is a prime example.

And yes, mental control...which is what the pc crowd is after....is worse than slavery.

The issue with Caitlyn Jenner is that people are too ignorant or stupid (in your case my bet is the latter) to know or understand how trans experiences are actually real. Insisting on calling her a man is really just celebrating ones own shortcomings. At any rate, Political Correctness is basically just people saying, "do not unjustly harm others by using close minded stereotypes or we will think badly of you", you don't have a right to people thinking well of you or giving credence to you stupid ideas.

long pig
The issue with Caitlyn Jenner is that people are too ignorant or stupid (in your case my bet is the latter) to know or understand how trans experiences are actually real. Insisting on calling her a man is really just celebrating ones own shortcomings. At any rate, Political Correctness is basically just people saying, "do not unjustly harm others by using close minded stereotypes or we will think badly of you", you don't have a right to people thinking well of you or giving credence to you stupid ideas.
So youve been reduced to name calling. You must not have much confidence in your argument.

Anyway, I'm sure Bruce is going through a lot. His mental illness has turned self destructive and his spiral into madness is exacerbated by people like you.

You don't encourage someone's psychosis, you don't pretend to see a madman's hallucinations and you don't call a man a woman when he puts on a dress and mutilates his body.

And you're wrong. The consequences aren't just " we'll think badly of you. ". The pc crowd has invaded the work place and politics and the justice system. You can lose your job and everything you own for simply being honest.

Progressive Libbos are dangerous and brain washed. They attack and can turn violent if you disagree with them.

psmith81992
The issue with Caitlyn Jenner is that people are too ignorant or stupid (in your case my bet is the latter) to know or understand how trans experiences are actually real. Insisting on calling her a man is really just celebrating ones own shortcomings. At any rate, Political Correctness is basically just people saying, "do not unjustly harm others by using close minded stereotypes or we will think badly of you", you don't have a right to people thinking well of you or giving credence to you stupid ideas. Then you're part of that ignorance since you are not transgender. Nobody cares about Bruce or caitlin no matter how many times it's brought up.

Bardock42
Then you're part of that ignorance since you are not transgender. Nobody cares about Bruce or caitlin no matter how many times it's brought up.

You can understand something without being it yourself.

And lots of people both pro and con care about Caitlyn Jenner, hence why she is talked about so much.

Bardock42
So youve been reduced to name calling. You must not have much confidence in your argument.

Anyway, I'm sure Bruce is going through a lot. His mental illness has turned self destructive and his spiral into madness is exacerbated by people like you.

You don't encourage someone's psychosis, you don't pretend to see a madman's hallucinations and you don't call a man a woman when he puts on a dress and mutilates his body.

And you're wrong. The consequences aren't just " we'll think badly of you. ". The pc crowd has invaded the work place and politics and the justice system. You can lose your job and everything you own for simply being honest.

Progressive Libbos are dangerous and brain washed. They attack and can turn violent if you disagree with them.

I don't buy the argument that name calling has an effect one ones argument. My argument stands correct, unrelated to my desire to point out what I think of you (not much)

You just further show your ignorance on the topic, it is very sad how celebrated anti-intellectualism is by people like you.

long pig
I don't buy the argument that name calling has an effect one ones argument. My argument stands correct, unrelated to my desire to point out what I think of you (not much)

You just further show your ignorance on the topic, it is very sad how celebrated anti-intellectualism is by people like you.
Name calling is a defense mechanism one has when he feels overwhelmed, insecure or intimidated.
The pc crowd made up of weak minded people, which is why they always revert to name calling and personal attacks.

Bruce is mentally ill. He needs help, not enabling.

Bardock42
No

psmith81992
You can understand something without being it yourself.

And lots of people both pro and con care about Caitlyn Jenner, hence why she is talked about so much.

Lots of people meaning a small minority who care about some guy they never met deciding to get a sex change? Hmmm

Now tell me, why is it that you think you understand transgender more than the next guy? Or are you automatically assuming if someone doesn't accept someone else, they don't understand them?

Bardock42
Lots of people meaning a small minority who care about some guy they never met deciding to get a sex change? Hmmm

Now tell me, why is it that you think you understand transgender more than the next guy? Or are you automatically assuming if someone doesn't accept someone else, they don't understand them?
Lots of people meaning the large amounts of people who followed the news closely, talked about it everywhere, and still bring it up in topics months later on right wing hate and xenophobia.

I didn't say I understand it more than everyone, but I have talked to people, like long pig, who insist on calling her a man, etc. and it pretty much always comes from their ignorance on the topic of human gender and sexuality.

psmith81992
It's amusing that Jenner has something to do with right wing hate and xenophobia. The amount of reaching done by the extreme left is mind boggling.

I don't care if Jenner is a man or a woman, but messed up chromosomes are messed up chromosomes.

Bardock42
It's amusing that Jenner has something to do with right wing hate and xenophobia. The amount of reaching done by the extreme left is mind boggling.

I don't care if Jenner is a man or a woman, but messed up chromosomes are messed up chromosomes.

Excuse me, a poster on your side of the political spectrum brought up Caitlyn Jenner, not I or a leftist as you make it seem.

What does messed up chromosomes even mean. I don't think we know the chromosome configuration of Jenner anyways.

Ushgarak
Psmith, would you kindly not take posters to task simply for replying to something that other posters brought up? That's not good posting conduct.

Mindship
Any control on speech is an attempt on control of the mind. That's worse than slavery.
The PC crowd wants to browbeat you into feeling uncomfortable with telling the truth. While I appreciate the sentiment of what you're saying, I would amend the wording: that there is a difference between PC and PCRA (PC Run Amok). Eg, part of my job is to do a Home Language Survey before I test a student with a Spanish surname. This is to make sure I test the kid in his dominant language, whatever it may be. Fortunately, the students and their parents understand and appreciate this, but if someone saw this as a "microaggression", they might be inclined to say, "What!? Just because I have a Spanish surname you think I speak Spanish!? -- (to paraphrase an example I saw online) -- That's racist!". This is PCRA.

In any event, I would think you're not saying rights should be executed irresponsibly. Eg, I have the right to carry a gun. It is my responsibility to know how to use it properly.

Truth: Bruce Jenner is a man with a serious mental illness who mutilated his body and now looks like a monster.
P.C: Catlyn Jenner is a beautiful woman and an inspiration! For the record, I wouldn't agree with either of these statements. For all we know, we go around once, and life is too short not to be true to yourself, and *hir* acceptance does give hope (ie, freedom from hate, prejudice, violence) to others of similar ilk. Transgenders, IMHO, certainly fall under the auspices of The Golden Rule. OTOH, I personally don't need to see a reality show about it.

long pig
Lots of people meaning the large amounts of people who followed the news closely, talked about it everywhere, and still bring it up in topics months later on right wing hate and xenophobia.

I didn't say I understand it more than everyone, but I have talked to people, like long pig, who insist on calling her a man, etc. and it pretty much always comes from their ignorance on the topic of human gender and sexuality.
I'm calling a human born with a penis a man, you're saying he's a woman..... Yet I'm the ignorant one? Sad and unfortunate.

Anyway, here's a video destroying political correctness. It even has a sjw libbo getting destroyed with logic. Enjoy.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWrljX9HRA

psmith81992
One poster brought it up and all of a sudden, it's right wing hate and xenophobia? Jumping the gun much? And what do I mean by chromosomes? The idea of a woman who is really a man or vice versa.

Ushgarak
psmith, again, would you please out some effort in here? THIS is a topic about the right wing and xenophobia (literally named as such) in which the subject was raised, hence Bardock's contention is literally correct. You're either posting without care or trolling- either way, stop it.

psmith81992
Originally posted by Ushgarak
psmith, again, would you please out some effort in here? THIS is a topic about the right wing and xenophobia (literally named as such) in which the subject was raised, hence Bardock's contention is literally correct. You're either posting without care or trolling- either way, stop it.

This is what I was addressing Ush, if you had bothered to read. That isn't the same as the initial post.

Ushgarak
I know exactly what you are addressing and my points stand the same as before. You were trying to tell bardock that Jenner was irrelevant, and he- absolutely correctly- pointed out out Jenner was being brought up in a thread much later about right wing hate and xenophobia (and, incidentally, the context in which Jenner was brought up was certainly as part of the right wing argument as related to the OP). You then got on him for connecting Jenner to the right wing issue when all he did was point out what had happened in the thread.

So- be more careful in future.

psmith81992
I know exactly what you are addressing and my points stand the same as before. You were trying to tell bardock that Jenner was irrelevant, and he- absolutely correctly- pointed out out Jenner was being brought up in a thread much later about right wing hate and xenophobia (and, incidentally, the context in which Jenner was brought up was certainly as part of the right wing argument as related to the OP). You then got on him for connecting Jenner to the right wing issue when all he did was point out what had happened in the thread.

So- be more careful in future.

He was not talking about the OP because the OP is not on my side of the political spectrum.

Ushgarak
Again that is entirely irrelevant- you seem to be having a weird difficulty in understanding the problem here. You had no right to take bardock to task for talking about Jenner when it was another poster who raised Jenner in precisely the context Bardock mentioned. You are in serious error for doing so and do not do it again.

psmith81992
Again that is entirely irrelevant- you seem to be having a weird difficulty in understanding the problem here. You had no right to take bardock to task for talking about Jenner when it was another poster who raised Jenner in precisely the context Bardock mentioned. You are in serious error for doing so and do not do it again.

I did not take bardock to task about the Jenner discussion. Someone else brought it up and Bardock mentioned it as a part of right wing hate and xenophobia, and I called him out on that accusation. You really need to stop misrepresenting what I'm saying.

Ushgarak
I am not in any way mis-representing; you are simply trying to wriggle out. Bardock said it was mentioned in a topic ABOUT right wing hate and xenophobia which, as I say, is 100% correct; you were mistaken in your following posts, and I am generously taking that as a mistake and not you pursuing an offensive agenda on a poster.

If you have any further objections, take them to PM. In the meantime, as I say, be more careful with your future posting

long pig
Wtf is your problem, PS? Lol

Just apologize, kiss the mod ring and move on. Ush you deal with a lot of crazy people here, including me....I'd ban everyone.

Omega Vision
Then you're part of that ignorance since you are not transgender. Nobody cares about Bruce or caitlin no matter how many times it's brought up.
There's this new thing called trying to understand the experiences of other people who aren't you. Turns out everyone's capable of it, it's just a lot of people don't bother.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.